• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: News & New Features!

Name Changing!!!

Hello all!

I've just changed user permissions so that Approved Characters can now never change their own username. This means you will no longer be able to change your own character's name after approval.

IF you want to change your character's name, that is fine (as long as there's a good IC reason) however, you need to PSF it. The reason you have to PSF it is so that we can make the relevant change to your Character Wiki.

As long as there is a good IC reason, name changes are fine ! This is just a mechanics / how the site works / keeping the wiki updated thing.

PS: Total shoutout to Prae and Hart for working out how to change the name of pages on the Wiki.

Thanks!

Pegs.

word count: 134
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Staff Changes

Hello all!

It's always sad to announce that a staff member has decided to step down from their role and, I'm afraid to say that Strange has decided to do that. Strange has been a real presence on Standing Trials, with his development of Quacia and Nashaki, also his rework of Becoming. He will still be around in a PC guise and we want to wish him the very best.

This will, inevitably, mean that there are some changes in staffing happening. I'm going to "look after" Nashaki and Quacia for the remainder of this cycle, but from 1st Feb, they will close. On 1st Feb, there will be a number of "staff changes" in terms of who mods where. I will be returning to Scalvoris, and we will be opening it up as "New Player City". More on that to come.

Again, I would put out a plea. We want there to be a variety of cities for play - we are all players here and we all want that. But, we can only staff cities to the amount of mods we have. There are a number of ways you can volunteer some of your time for players - Peer Reviewing, Wiki Working, Guest ST, or being a City Mod.

Thanks!

Pegs.

word count: 216

Munchkin
General Staff
Race: Mer
Profession: Former Advocate, Current Cool Dude
Renown: 0
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Returning Staff

Please everyone give a warm, welcoming return to Bumblebee - a returning staff member who will be working in Desnind alongside Tempest. We look forward to having her and her array of very beautiful (I'm not jealous) templates back with us! :D
word count: 43
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Defiance!

Hello all!
Following a question from a player, we realised that some aspects of the Defiance write up weren't entirely clear, so I put forward a suggested reword and staff have seen and fed back on this. Therefore, the wiki page is now more clear on the Exemplar and Co-Existence. Any questions, comments, or feed back - the Q & A Forum is there for you to use!

Thanks!

Pegs.

word count: 71

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Reviews!!

Hello all!

Because we now have three review queues (main, adult forum, tier 2) we have decided that anyone who posts in either the AF review queue or Tier 2 review queue must do that, as normal - but THEN post a link to their request in the main thread.

The process for doing that is now in the first post of both the AF and the Tier 2 Review Request Threads. Basically - post your request in the usual place, then post a link to the request in the main forum saying simply "Non-Standard Review: Link".

This is to help our Peer Reviewers review our threads in order. Thanks!

Thanks!

Pegs.

word count: 112

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

New Medals!!

Hello all!

Four new medals today.

FireForged 720 - for players who were in the Fire Forged Events
ScalvHunt 720 - for players who were in the Scalvenger Hunt
ScalvHunt 720 Winner - for the winners of the Scalvenger Hunt
Philanthropist - for PCs who donate a 15WP or more!

A list of medals can be found in the "OOC" drop down menu of the top menu bar. The link is here and you can suggest new medals here!

Thanks!

Pegs.

word count: 79

Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

FLIGHT OF THE DRAGONS

Hey, you guys ready to get an update on Dragons just in time for Christmas? Well, I'm ready to give you one, but before we can do that, let's answer a few more quick questions that have been sitting outside my nest waiting to be answered.

I thought these were going to be once a month? I said I'd try to make that happen, but I couldn't guarantee it. Look, the full write-up for this next dragon alone is over 8000 words, and that takes time. Add on season change, regular moderator duties, and a last minute discussion about how we're going to handle releasing Dragons and getting this reveal out took longer than I thought it would.

Do Dragons mean there will be no more development for Immortals, Blessings, or Magic? No. If someone on staff wants to work on such and has a good idea for it, they're free to have at it. It does, however, mean that I won't be personally working on any of that anymore.

What about Races? Will there ever be more of those? Yes.

What about little pocket Dragons? All in good time, my friends.

What do I have to do to get a Dragon related plot? Have a good plot hook and the ability to see it through. I'm just as inclined to give a brand new PC a plot that could lead to a Dragon as I am an established one, provided they have an interesting story to tell and are willing to take on the risks involved. They ain't easy plots or short plots, but they are there.

Right, onto revealing the next Dragon.

The second Dragon that's been developed is Vindecaldra, the Forge of Rebirth. The original Dragon to have her powers was slain during the war with the Originals and the Immortals, but Dragons don't really stay permanently dead. Instead, they get reborn into new bodies with new identities. Vindecaldra is one such reborn Dragon and is waiting for someone to find her and wake her up so she can rejoin Idalos. Vindecaldra is a metal and fire themed Dragon with some healing and strengthening powers as well.

Here's a glance at what Vindecaldra will look like on the wiki.

Next up, we have Vindecaldra's Dragonling, the Scaripteil. Scaripteils are slow for Dragonlings, but they're incredibly sturdy, able to withstand extreme punishment with their metal bodies and dish out just as much damage as they can take. They're also really heavy and propel themselves with fire from their wings.

Here's a glance at what Scaripteils will look like on the wiki.

Finally, we have Vindecaldra's Effigy. Her Effigy is largely based around metal, extreme heat, and rebrith, with powers that heal, reverse aging, repair damaged structures, empower the Bearer, control metal, and melt stone. Flight and fire breath are also a must have for any fire based Dragon. In addition, there's also a power that lets you turn your Scaripteil into a jet engine Dragon, though they're hard to steer like that.

Here's a glance at some of the powers Vindecaldra's Effigy will grant to those who Bear it.

Well, that's all I got for today, folks. Hopefully I'll have more details surrounding Dragons and what else will be coming with them before too much longer. But don't put away those Christmas Varlums just yet. We've got another present under the tree for ya'll that we're not quite ready to unwrap. So stay all wrapped up like a cozy turtle in your Christmas blankets and we'll be back in a couple of days with a big release for y'all.

-Basilisk, Lead Developer
word count: 638
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Saoire Event!!

Hello all!

So ~ there's a new sub-forum called "Saoire's Dream" just here and in it are all the Saoire thread-starters for the event. Munch and I hope that everyone enjoys them very much and have a wonderful time.

Any questions - there's a Q & A thread here!

Thanks!

Pegs.

word count: 55

Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

"'Twas the night before Ziellmas, when all through Scalvoris
Not a creature was stirring, nobody saw this;
The group of them moved, with great stealth and great care,
Knowing that Saoire soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,
Gave a lustre of midday to objects below,
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a turtle of stars and many small folk, most queer,

The turtle it turned to a woman before me,
I knew in that moment that she must be Saoire.
More rapid than eagles her companions they came,
And she beamed with delight, and she called them by name:

"Now, Siel! now, Zodick! now Karlis and Siva!
Marla's a Guinea Pig, and Ganty a Beaver!
To the island of Faldrass! Fly over the wall!
We must dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

"As leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When we meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky;
First up to this housetop we'll go- yes Thorma and Barley
We'll all stop a moment, but we mustn't dally"

And then, in a twinkling, they flew up to the roof
And there, in the snow, prints from foot and hoof.
As I turned my eyes to it, and was gazing around,

I saw Saoire leap to the air with a bound.
She was dressed all in glitter, from her head to her toes,
And her face twinkled also, to the end of her nose;
Yet, just as I saw her, a shell on her back?
'twas a trick of the light, she just wore a rucksack.

Her eyes—how they twinkled! her dimples, how merry!
Her cheeks were like roses, her nose like a cherry!
Her droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the cloak wrapped around her was as white as the snow;

She laughed and it sounded like she had bells in her teeth,
And wore on her head a most beautiful wreath;
The Cadouri next to her had a little round belly
That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;
They spoke not a word, but went straight to their work,
As they began to fly away, Saoire turned with a jerk,

And laying her finger aside of her nose,
And giving a nod, to the night sky she rose;
She sprang to her turtle, to her team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard her exclaim, ere she flew out of sight—
“Happy Ziellmas to all, and to all, a good night!”

(Written by Pegasus and adapted from "A Visit from St Nicholas by C. C. Moore)

Hello, everyone! It's been a couple of days, right? Well, not quite 48 hours, but close enough for us! Players are excited for Saoire's appearance, we're excited for our reveal, and your excitement is feeding into our excitement and we had to get this out before we popped like a Christmas balloon. So let's open that last gift under the tree a bit early, yeah? Well, I say last gift, but it's really more like three gifts.

First off, we're adding a new Immortal to the site, the last non-PC Immortal. Who's that Immortal, you may ask? Well, that Immortal is Saoire, the Gift-Giver of Idalos herself. Not being one of the most publically known of Idalosian Immortals, Saoire had a lot of myths built up around her, but now she's taking a more active role in things at long last. She's been uploaded to the wiki for your perusal, and you can find her at the following link.

wiki/index.php?title=Category:Saoire

But wait, what about her Blessing? Well, we've got that all cooked and ready to go as well. Saoire's Blessing is a bit of a different beast than other Blessings. It's not combat focused or espionage focused or anything else. It's primarily based around teaching, and serves as a reward and aid for PC's who take an active role in mentoring new PC's, boosting the amount of knowledges and even EXP that PC's can get by threading with someone who has Saoire's Blessing. You can find Saoire's Blessing at the following link.

wiki/index.php?title=Category:Telka#The ... g_of_Telka

Finally, we got one more surprise. You might have seen those small furry critters scampering about the Saoire posts and been wondering just what they are. Well, wonder no more, for I have an answer for you. Those little fuzzballs are the Cadouri, Saoire's little treasures, and they just so happen to be a newly playable race. Now the Cadouri have lived in Saoire's Emean Domain for a long time and they're new to Idalos proper, so please keep that in mind when playing them. The Cadouri can be found at the following link.

wiki/index.php?title=Category:Cadouri

Well, that's all we got for you right now and the last major update/reveal/release of the year. We'll be back next year with more surprises and reveals and yes, more Dragons, but for now, everyone have a merry Christmas and we'll see you all after the new year.

-The Standing Trials Moderation Team
word count: 1022
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Oh No!! Here Comes Trouble!!

Hello all!

|I'm delighted to introduce our newest staff member, Trouble! We're excited to welcome Trouble to the staff ranks... don't forget to say hi should you spot Trouble around. Somehow, he's always around somewhere!

Pegs.

word count: 45

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”