Mutual Understanding

60 Ashan 719 - Solomyn and Navyri discuss the terms of their arrangement.

This is a forum where you can write threads in the wilderness of the Western Continent
Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Mutual Understanding

Common Language Thoughts
T
he ship lulled peacefully over the water and with eyes closed, Navyri leaned back in the wooden chair, lifting the glass of wine to her lips and listened to the sound of sailor boots shuffling across the deck. Down the hall someone laughed, followed by the plucking of lute strings and the Naer pushed back a swath of dark curls and rose from where she sat, hips swaying as she hummed along to the music and relit the dimming lantern on the left wall.

“Hmmhmmhmhmhm,” she dipped her shoulder and twirled, lifting on toes trained by the Rynmere ballet and glided to the sound of the music, sipping the red concoction in relaxed peace. She was at ease, enjoying it while it lasted and gave a shake of her wrist. The flame at the end of the match died and she tossed it in a canister with the rest as her shadow swooped across the ornate rug.

Dinner would be coming soon, and so would trouble. Navyri, for all intents and purposes had invited a rather aggravating travel companion on her expedition - well, not quite invited. Ordered. Solomyn was her slave, or servant. Bitch boy, for the most technical term, but without documentation or branding, she didn’t trust him. Having left him bleeding and frozen half to death in a slushy gutter, she doubted he held any warmth in his heart for her leadership, and if the roles had been reversed, the Naer would have already been plotting his death.

What was his angle?

Navyri had a note sent to the sleeping quarters where the behemoth bunked with the rest of the ship hands, delivered by a half deaf fisherman who the others called Dog. The message had been short, written on a tiny scroll of parchment in precise handwriting and tied off with red ribbon,

Solomyn,
Come to my quarters at dusk. We need to talk.
Navyri Nightingale

Should she have to drag him here, she would be most upset, but for now, she danced to the music and sipped her wine, slowing when she heard a knock at her door.

“Come in.”

word count: 359
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Solomyn
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Private Investigator/Hired Muscle
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Mutual Understanding

【 60th of ashan 719 】
Mood: Curious, Calm
Thoughts: This should be good
Company: Grey Hide woman
Theme: Marching into the Dark

【 He was relaxed, finding the sway of the ship along the waters filling him with a sense of calm. His biqaj blood felt at home while out at sea and he didnt mind the circumstances that brought him to be on this boat......with that woman. A promise was a promise after all and he was a man of his word.

A knock came to his door and he found a note being slid under the door as he sat up. Moving to grab it he read the simple contents of the letter and smirked. Did she want to talk eh? Well for whatever what for? She was better at conversations with her fist rather than her mouth. Intrigued he put on some pant, not even bothering with a shirt and exited his quarters.

Moving past the crew at work, Solomyn couldnt really figure out what she could want, and the spirit of wind seemed to play in his ear as the breeze ruffled his hair. "Play nice this time, we don't want to see you like the last time you two were together." it whispered as he reached the door of the woman. With a simple knock, he waited for her to grant him entry.

When she spoke he opened the door and looked around the room, it was much nicer than the others, and she seemed to be quite comfortable in its luxuries. His gaze fell to the woman of mystery.....and annoyance and smirked. "You called?"

"Speech"
Last edited by Solomyn on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 272
Time doesnt heal anything, it just teaches you how to live with the pain

Witchbrands

Defiance: Windy Aura:
After his initiation, Solomyn found that a soft flow of air radiates around his body, fitting to him like an airy glove. To those who touch his skin, they will feel as if something is blowing on them with gentle breaths. Even sitting still, the airy aura will dance around him making his hair and attire move.

Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Common Language Thoughts

N
avyri spun as the door opened, the hand painted silk of her skirt fanning with the movement. The flowers settled as she rested her attention on the servant entering, “There you are,” she smiled, although her eyes remained icy, “How are you enjoying our little voyage?”

The ship they rode upon, The Albatross, was an impressive vessel, with a figurehead of her own replica, wings pulled back and lining the sides of the ship, the feathers sharpened to deter others from venturing too close. Carved of blackened wood and with eyes of sapphire, her statuette featured windswept hair and an expression of mischief. It was a piece of art, as much as a fine ship, navigating the waters with speed only explained by Delroth blessed. It had been paid for with blood money, and Navyri loved every inch of the creation. No doubt, Solomyn had an opinion, blaming vanity or pride, although it had been an open commission, his thoughts would more than likely be voiced to get under her skin than anything else.

She moved to where an oak desk sat bolted to the floor and rapped her fingers along the back of a wooden chair, “Have a seat, and I’ll cut to the chase,” Navyri floated past a chair counter to her own and separated by a heavy desk. Setting upon the corner of it, she reached down to a drawer and produced another glass and popped the cork free, “I know our last… encounter, left little warmth between us. But you have no branding. You have no shackles. Why,” the Naer exhaled, looking up from the red that swirled into the glass, “Why have you decided to come with me? Don't you see yourself as a free man?”

word count: 297
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Navyri

Experience: 15 no magic xp

Knowledge:

Dancing x3
Negotiation x2

Renown: none

Skill Usage: Appropriate to level

Loot/Losses: none

Injuries/Conditions: none

Consequences: none
Solomon

Experience: 15 no magic xp

Knowledge: none requested

Renown: none

Skill Usage: Appropriate to level.

Loot/Losses: none

Injuries/Conditions: none

Consequences: none
Comments: Okay, this was VERY short at 700 some odd words for Navyri, and almost half that for Solomon. Please don't make it a habit to submit threads with less than half of what we require from solo threads in terms of word count. Otherwise, I'm pleased to award you the 15 xp and knowledges requested. In the future, some effort would be appreciated to close up the story as best you can, or at least add some more words and continue without your partner. I know it sucks when they bail, but eh, you had an opening to add more imo.

Anyway, the writing that was here was very crisp and detailed and lovely as Navyri always is. I would've liked to see this play out more, but it seemed not to be in the cards. That makes me sad.

Anyway, good writing and enjoy the points.

If you have any concerns about this review, please PM me about them.

word count: 214
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western Heights”