Kindred Spirits (Kisaik)

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Qit'ria
Approved Character
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Profession: Huntsman
Renown: 344
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Kindred Spirits (Kisaik)

Vhalar 47th, 719

The Huntress laid there in the rocky sand, looking up at the stars above, listening to the lake's gentle tide splashing against the shore. It had been so long since she'd taken the time to stop and just look at them. She... couldn't even remember the last time she had. The stars were so beautiful here. She hadn't really thought about it, but one of the reasons she despised cities was not being able to see stars so easily.

Her mother had taught her that stars were friends while hunting. Stars could lead the way, could give light in the darkness, could provide distraction. But she had a fuzzy feeling about stars. Something... nice. Something she couldn't remember. The Huntress didn't know it, but the memory of her father telling her how the stars are the souls of friends, animals, and ancestors, watching down on her, that memory didn't belong to the Huntress.

It didn't belong to any of the four selves, though none of them knew that either.

As she studied the stars, she saw a shooting star. Then another, and another, and another. Her head turned in a curious look. The stars could show the way. They had all streaked toward the northeast. The Huntress sat up, looking that way, seeing the darkened colors of the living world. She hated being in the Beneath. It was so... lonely there. She felt so... dead there.

Her eyes looking to the northeast, which was toward the small woods that lined the lake, saw something rustling in the distance. Something was moving in the brush. She then saw a small glow break free of the forest, coming her way. She knew what it was. It was a firefly. She'd seen so many around this lake since... she'd died. But never altogether. Just one at a time, often. As it came toward her, she found her mood lightening, still seeing movement in the brush. She could feel her Huntress sheckles rising, wishing to hunt whatever was moving, but she was on a mission. She needed to see if it was one of her prey, otherwise it would be a waste of time.

So, the spectral woman, glowing in the moonlight, with a firefly fluttering around her head, watched and waited.

word count: 391
Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 780
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Kindred Spirits (Kisaik)

A pair of small, gleaming, verdant green eyes peered out from the underbrush, toward that ghostly apparition. He marveled at the construction of her spirit, her form, and how different she was from ordinary spirits. He wondered for a moment if the ghost might prove hostile, and stopped in his tracks. Yet when a firefly broke off from the brush, and alighted to the air around her, he was fairly confident that she was a friendly ghost... at least for the moment.

So he emerged from the brush, full armor and cavani cloak flowing behind him. His shadow appeared behind him as her inner glow shone on him. He stared up at her, raising a hand to his visor by way of salute. "Yes! Marvelous, magnificent! Oh where are my manners?" He said in tree-talk. Normally that would be a deal breaker, but anyone he spoke to could understand him by virtue of the mirror pendant. And he could understand their language as well.

"I'm Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo, at your service and your kin." He swept his cavani cloak in a flourishing bow. He thought better of sharing all of his many titles, he didn't want to show himself to be imperiously proud to this strange entity. It was so exciting, he'd never seen a ghost before!

He'd been travelling the woods in search of various ingredients, and managed to scare up a weed unique to this locale, called zapnip. He had a certain theory that this might be the key ingredient to finally make a tunawa drunk. But of late that goal was seeming farther and farther away. For the moment, all that concerned him was the ghostly lady before his path.

"This seems like a fine place to call your own, with a lovely view of the lake." He paused, and scratched the back of his neck. "Do you call this place your own? I don't mean to presume..."

He sighed, knowing the wonder of being a ghost could never be his. He was a tunawa, and their spirits were tied to the spirits of the world. To die and be reborn. Although Kisaik was swiftly coming to grips and learning that there was something different about himself, and perhaps Rabu.
word count: 385
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Date

The Huntress saw the figure break free from the brush, and could only smile. She knew it wasn't Oonah, she could feel where Oonah was at any given time, anywhere in the world. But this was one like her. A fellow Tunawa. And Tunawa always held a soft spot in her dead yet beating heart. Her defenses were instantly lowered and a smile crept upon her face. The little man was flamboyantly dressed, quite showy. It was not something the Huntress would appreciate for herself, but she could certainly appreciate it on him.

"Well met, Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo. I am the Huntress, though you may call me Qit'ria. I am with your kin and thankful for your offer of service. You are a most pleasant sight on this night."

She smiled at his question. The ownership of land. He spent time in cities. The Huntress used to claim territory in her own name when she was alive, but she'd never dare to call it her own. The land belonged to the spirits of the world that built it. People and beast alike might be able to use it, might be able to defend it, live upon it. But it would never be theirs. It seemed the stars, the water, the solitude in life had made her a bit philosophical. She looked out over the lake, gestured to it with a hand.

"Look at the beauty, Mädärä. It is that which can only be born, not created by hands. Just as you were once a seed, this was just a puddle. Just as my own child has learned to walk, this lake has learned to sing. No, this place is not my own, no more than I belong to you. But it is quite fine and lovely, as you say."

She patted to the ground next to her, an offer for him to join her. "The great spirit of the lake allows me to be here. I feel... I believe that the great spirit is guiding my purpose, to help me find my life once more. And much of that work is to be done here. It is my greatest Hunt."

She smiled, surprised at her ability to open up to this stranger. But he was a Tunawa and they were the truest of friends to Sev'ryn. They were better than other people. She pointed across the way, "I died in those trees. I died protecting those I love. It was an ugly death but a beautiful purpose." She had come to terms with that now. Dying no longer bothered her. Mostly.

"And what purpose brings you here, to talk to me, Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo?"
word count: 463
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Pleased to learn that the ghost was indeed friendly, Kisaik took it as an invitation to enter her sphere. So he relinquished his posture, and set himself at ease. He reflected on her first statements after accepting his company. Realizing his error, he was suitably chastised. Had he spent so much time among the people of the world that their concepts of ownership and supremacy had worn off on him? Perhaps. Perhaps he’d grown soft to the idea of ownership, and a false sense of permanence that engendered.

But what was permanent? When souls fled and bodies were buried, left forgotten, was it any wonder the humans clung to concepts of permanence and persistence? ”You’re right o-of course. Sometimes I wonder if I’ve walked and hopped, and rode so much that I’ve lost my roots. But then all I’ve to do is look down and there they are!”

Hmm, that resolved itself quick enough in his head. It was a simple solution to a difficult problem and an unpleasant problem to dwell on, when one considered that nobody really knew what lay beyond.

Kisaik walked up to where she patted the ground, and took a seat there, cross-legged in his silk fauld and moss armor.

”There’s a great spirit here too! Of course there is! I wonder if it knows ol’ Mudsy.” Kisaik wondered aloud. ”It’s going to help you find life… eh? Well, if you need any help in that quest, that’s sort of what I do…”

He followed her finger, to where it pointed, there in the trees. ”Protecting the ones you love is indeed a noble and beautiful purpose. I only hope I could meet such a noble and proper end when it’s my turn to return to soil…”

”Well… I was curious, I’d never seen a - a human ghost before.” He mused, then hopped in his seat, ”Oh! You mean before! Well I was trying to learn how to make a tunawa drunk! I think I might have hit upon the secret… But before I’ve even tried to use the reagent I gathered, I’m worried that it might change me…”

He looked up at her, and shrugged, ”I’m nothing in the grand scheme of things, but to leave my poor flower, Rabu alone would be cruel beyond words.”

word count: 397
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Date

The charming little knight offered help in her quest. It was an interesting offer, but something within the Huntress wanted her to refuse. For years, ever since she was three years old, she'd been hunting alone. The few times she chose to hunt with people, it either went poorly or they had berated her for it. She was not a wolf, determined to hunt in packs like those who follow Karem. No, she was a wild cat, a solitary hunter.

Still. It was a kind offer, and she wasn't so ready to object to it outright.

She did not yet answer his offer yet. There weren't many willing to help her. Oonah, of course. Faith too, though she was... busy at the moment. The Huntress did not hold that against her, not one bit. Faith's work was bigger than her, she knew this much to be true. She smiled down at the Tunawa, "There's no proper end for any of us. There's nothing proper in death. If it were, it would only harm those that die. But it does not. Death spreads like an illness, hurting those that are closest to it. How you die matters not. All that matters are the choices you make in this world. And choosing your death is one of folly. But I do hope that you live a noble life as you desire."

She smiled softly, laying back down on the ground, looking up at the stars, "I'm not a human ghost, Mädärä. I am of the people of the forest, of the Sev'ryn, and I am a servant of the great spirit of the Lori." At his mention of getting drunk, a memory came forth into her mind. Of another hunt of hers. The only night in her life where she'd gotten drunk, and hunted a mate. Noth.

And in the moment, the Huntress shifted, her belly and breasts swelling to that of a late term pregnant woman, her spear disappearing, and she laughed at what he said. It was a kind, soft chuckle, with a few deep nose snorts in it. "That is a most noble purpose, Kisaik. I do not insult it, I swear upon the spirits. I have only ever been drunk once in my life, back on Scalvoris, in a town known as Almund. It is a terrible town, dirty, filled with crime and disgust. Still, the most magical thing happened one night. I met a man in a tavern there, at a table among smiling faces. I had never been drunk before, or after, and it was wonderful. I had been in much pain, having been cursed by a ghost, and sleep was difficult for a full cycle. But the drink made the pain disappear and for the first time... in a long time, I was able to smile. I took that man back to my tent, and we mated. He gave me the gift of my child that night."

Tears began to fall down her face, "I miss my child. She's so big and strong, in Desnind. I stayed in this world to care for her. But once more I have a mission that takes me away from her." She looked to Kisaik, the spectral tears glowing bright in the moonlight, "She has known me as a more than she's known me to be alive. Will she know me if I return to life?"

She wiped away the ectoplasm, sniffling, "Do not leave your flower. Not in life, not in death. It is cruel, as you say." The Mother was holding her swollen belly, feeling the phantom kicks within, "I wish to accept your help, Kisaik. But I am hesitant. Too many have been harmed by actions in life. My choices have led to my child having no home, no family, having to travel much, and having to have... well, me for a mother. She has no friends, yet she still smiles. She's still young, doesn't know the pains of the world. What happens if she can no longer smile, Kisaik? What then?"

She looked over at him, smiling softly, "If you can promise me, to never abandon your Rabu, to never abandon in children you may have, in life or death, I can allow you to help."
word count: 727
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kisaik listened long and silently to the spirit-woman's tale. It was one of life and death and adventure and loss. Like many others he'd known and heard. It was a story of a spirit that deserved redemption, and a daughter that shouldn't be deprived her mother. Kisaik was nearly inspired, he'd give up almost anything, his diri Ataja, his magic acorn that let him see the world, down to his weapons, so rarely used. But he knew not how any of these things might help. He was only moved by the sorrow and longing of this ghost.

"I must return to Melrath soon then, to see my beloved Rabu. But, will you linger here? What will you do, is there no way you can see your child in Desnind?"

Kisaik heaved a sad sigh at the ghost's fate. Yet such things must be, it was not for Kisaik to upturn the natural order. Yet, he would if given the slightest aid, whether by Immortal Guile or alchemical innovation. In that moment, he'd decided to abandon his silly quest to get drunk. It was a foolish affectation. He would use his talents to bring comfort, magic, and joy to the world.

He hopped up off of his seat, and capered in front of Qit'ria, doing a little acrobatic dance to try and raise his own spirits. At the same time, he effused the very air with his own joyful ephemera, trying to raise her own mood. And perhaps nourish her tormented soul.

For about a break, he entertained her thus, until his energy began to run low. Yet, he managed to finish it off with a flourish, flipping his body several times in the air and rebounding off a nearby fallen log. As he rebounded from the log, his slid on his legs toward her, and splayed his arms out as if for an embrace, but it was more for show.

"If I see your child in Desnind, I will bring gifts, I plan on going there sometime very soon. I'm just not sure when it will be..."

But then, when Kisaik had finished his routine, he could no longer sense the ghost. Perhaps she'd vanished? Or had other matters to attend to. In any event, Kisaik kissed the air, in case she was still around.

"I hope we meet again, Qit'ria of Desnind. We will, I'm sure of it." So saying, he smiled, and took his magic acorn in hand. The jewel it had been encased in, was glowing as his intent took hold. Then, as he approached a nearby root of a tree, he disappeared into its bark. He was transported alone at the speed of life through the underworld network of plantlife.

When he emerged, he was in a deep forest in Melrath, not far from Raellia. He had the most interesting tale to tell, at least, and he genuinely did hope to meet Qit'ria again, for how brief their acquaintance had been.

word count: 508
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Kisaik:

Knowledge:
[*]Etiquette: Greeting a ghost kindly
[*]Etiquette: Making a solemn promise to a ghost.
[*]Persuasion: Getting a ghost to tell her story.
[*]Storytelling: The story of how Qit'ria found her mate Noth.
[*]Navigation: Location: The shores of Lake Lovalus.

Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Qit'ria:

Knowledge: -
Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: -

- - -
Comments: I enjoyed reading about how Qit’ria looked at the stars and what her mother taught her about them. Kisaik was entertaining, as always. I like how he introduced himself to her. I didn’t know that Tunawa can’t become ghosts (I haven’t taken a closer look at ghosts yet), so that was interesting. It’s a pity that the thread wasn’t finished as Qit’ria’s and Kisaik’s meeting had some potential in my opinion. Anyway, enjoy your rewards!

P.S.: Qit’ria, if you come back and want knowledges for this thread, send me a PM, and I’ll edit this review.
word count: 176

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”