[Bastards' Grove] All was quiet in the deep dark wood (Vega & Arlo Please)

The lands past the gates of Yaralon Proper. This vast area includes The Spines, The Cut, The Crags, Maiden's Refuge, Bastard's Grove, Heaven Fall and small villages.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: [Bastards' Grove] All was quiet in the deep dark wood (Vega & Arlo Please)

There was no right answer, Arlo had concluded aloud, to the question of Mixiebelle's knockers, or the comparison between them and those of any other woman. Including Vega's. No answer at all that was going to, on the one hand, keep him out of trouble. Or on the other hand make him look like a liar.

The simple fact was, the part he didn't say aloud, was that Mixiebelle's knockers were a natural phenomena of epic proportions. Really epic proportions. And there was no man alive who had eyes to see with, who wouldn't look and be awestruck. What he did say however, was a parting shot delivered with a lopsided grin. "Gravity probably won't be very kind to her in the end, if it helps."

"We both know you started it." The shoulder bumping, he'd meant. Not that trial of course, but she'd started it the very first time she'd ever done it. "What he said," Arlo said, back in the present when the little tunawa explained who Ymiden was. "He and Moseke are thick as thieves, as I understand it," he added, referring back to the time they'd spent in Desnind. "In fact, rumors are it's usually the most likely place to cross paths with him." When Vega worried though that Kanji might be frightened by even the flickering flame at the tip of his finger, Arlo frowned curiously. He hadn't thought of that really, though it certainly made sense to wonder about it.

So the tunawa's grandfather had been a bow? And before that, what, a tree? Arlo frowned again and scratched curiously behind his ear. He just wasn't sure how all this tunawa business worked. But he guessed he didn't really need to know, and asking seemed like prying when someone was talking about the family they'd lost. "Thanks," he said, smiling when Kanji offered his condolences. "It's been an arc or so now. I still miss her." Probably, he always would. As for him, "Yes, just my fingernail," he confirmed. "But it doesn't hurt. My nail doesn't burn up in the process. I'm not sure I could even light anything else on fire with it, now I think of it. Its a flame in a sense. Looks like one...but it's different." At any rate, "Don't worry. I'll be very careful with it."

"You should understand though," he explained as they reached the edge of Bastard's Grove. "If a spirit has moved on to the next place, I can't call them back. And if a spirit is say, haunting a castle off in Scalvoris, I can't call them to us. It doesn't work that way. If he's there in the Grove, I'll see him. I might even be able to speak with him if he wants it. And he'll know I'm able to, even before my finger catches light." In short, when it came to this sort of thing, Arlo wasn't in charge. The spirits were and the only way he'd be able to see or hear Kanji's grandfather, was if he hadn't moved on, and he wanted to be seen. As for the map? Well since Kanji was determined to put some distance between them, and he couldn't blame the tunawa after all, he'd let Vega take a look at it. In either case he was fairly sure they were headed in the right direction.
word count: 598
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Arlo's masterful skipping around the subject of Mixiebelle And Her Amazing Breasts caused Vega to grin, but she said nothing more about it, choosing instead just to lift an eyebrow and give him a slightly arch look. He could stew on that for a bit, she thought and left it at that. When Kanji exclaimed, though, as they chatted, that they'd met lots of Immortals and that made them interesting people, Vega grinned. "Mostly that's him. He'll tell you it's both of us, an' I've met a couple in my own right. But he's the one to talk to about Immortals poppin' in for a chat." It was true and Arlo couldn't in fairness deny it. Cassion had been very involved in his life since he'd marked Arlo. Vega figured that must just be the way the Immortal was.

When Kanji held out the little hairpin, Vega looked at it with eyes which swirled in yellow and pink. "Have you got all the pieces?" She looked at Kanji and said, entirely seriously. "I can work wood. I've never been clever, not like book learnin' an' stuff, but I can work wood. If you wanted, I could work your Trunky into somethin' for you. If it'd be somethin' you might want, I'd show you an example of what I could do, an' you could decide if you wanted it. Have a think about it." It didn't occur to Vega to wonder how the tunawa worked or anything like that, she was simply trying to be kind. If she'd thought about it more, it might have meant that she'd have taken into account that it might just be a little bit personal and he might not want her putting her nose in it.

On the topic of Arlo's finger, Vega nodded at his explanation. "We were on a date, first time it happened. Well posh, this place was, I'd done my hair nice an' everythin'. An' then he started talkin' to this old couple, who I couldn't see. Wilar and Paldo, or somethin' like it. Any'ow, I waved it over my hand an' it weren't even hot. Weird, mind." But then, that was not the most unusual or complicated thing about Arlo Creede, Vega thought with a smile. But she looked at the map, frowning slightly as she traced the words but then nodded. "Aye, it's in this direction." They were heading the right way, which was a good thing.

Then, they got to what seemed, as they arrived, a fairly normal opening in the trees, clear and slightly undulating grass. Vega glanced at Kanji and spoke quietly. "You, know, I can't see nothin' but that's not a surprise. Maybe, jus' in case, you two should like... make yourselves seen. Kanji in case yer Trunky is there, an' Arlo, cos they can see you no matter who they are if they're there." Mostly, Vega thought, she was going to rely on her hat-wearing partner to translate, should there be any souls? Well, these two were far better people to deal with them.

So she very firmly believed, anyhow.
word count: 541

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Vega:

Knowledge: -
Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: -

Arlo:

Kanji:

- - -
Comments: This was an entertaining thread. It’s a pity it was never finished!

Kanji, the Tunawa, amused me. I found his comparing Vega’s eyes to paint going down the sink especially funny.

Vega and Arlo were surprisingly calm and polite, everything considered. I had no idea that Vega was six foot tall though. I enjoyed their “my Immortal’s better than yours” debate!

I also noticed that you mentioned Mixiebelle. She must have left quite an impression. Or should I say, certain parts of her. :)

Anyway, great job, and enjoy your rewards!

P.S.: I couldn’t find the date. Could one of you add it, please?

word count: 145

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Beyond The Wall”