OOC Info Emea Q & A

Known colloquially as the "Realm of Dreams", Emea is a mysterious place accessed primarily beyond the realm of consciousness as the mortal body sleeps in Idalos. The mind travels far at night and Emea's not without its unique risks and dangers, though Jesine's vigilance keeps mortals mostly safe.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Emea Q & A

And so, to sleep. Perchance, to dream....
Welcome to Emea! Munch and I are going to be working on the Dreamscape over the next... however long it takes us. So, while we're doing that, please feel free to put any questions in here that you might have. Please be prepared for a "ooohh, not sure, we'll get back to you" answer. That said, enjoy the Realm of Dreams!
word count: 70
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Alistair
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Emea Q & A

Hey! Just a quick question here. Will AF threads set in Emea (like a really gorey Nightmare thread) count towards Dreamwalking XP?

Thanks!
word count: 23
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Hiya - yes - but please make absolutely sure that you label them as "IN EMEA" in big, neon letters etc :)
word count: 19

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Since this is a general Emea Q & A and Emea is undergoing some slight maintenance, I'm locking this thread till the Crack in the Wall Emea Events are completed.
word count: 30

Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Where can I post my application for a dreamscape? The one mentioned in the dreamwalking skill Dreamweaving ability.
word count: 18
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

PSF it :) I can't wait to see it!
word count: 9

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Aylune
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Can Sev'ryn Familiars be seen/interacted with by others in dreams?

Familiars reside within the spirit world. I'm going to assume this would be the Beneath. They run around down there but the bonded can see them.

When the player dreams, are they still in the Beneath, just expressing themselves through the dreamer? Or do they enter the Dreamscape with their bonded? In the latter case they would be on the same plane of existence and it might make sense they could be seen by others within the dream.

word count: 91
Squirrel
Lore Analyst (TL)
Lore Analyst (TL)
Profession: Resident Nutcase
Renown: 999
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Can Sev'ryn familiars be seen and interacted with by others in dreams? Short answer, absolutely.

Spirit familiars of all types, including those gained in Immortal Marks, are bound to the soul of the individual. When a person dreams and enters Emea, their soul is quite literally, temporarily, leaving their body and travelling to the other dimension. This brings everything attached to that soul with them, including Sparks, Marks, and especially Sev'ryn familiars, since they're not just attached - they're almost a part of that soul themselves. It's enough to quite literally yank them from their own dimension and plop them in a completely new one.

However. Normally spirit familiars reside in the Beneath and that's why nobody can see them. In Emea, they can't do that - and that means not only can they be seen and interacted with, but the Sev'ryn spirit familiar does not have the power to make itself invisible while dreaming, and is permanently materialised. Which is bad news if you're lucid dreaming and come into danger.

This also happens to every other spirit familiar that the dreamer has at the time of dreaming. Unless they can literally be pulled into their Mark, in the case of something like the Lethroda Spider Familiar, that familiar will be constantly materialised and visible to everyone else.
word count: 225
Ashling
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Hedgedoctor
Renown: 255
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Can you please direct me to the place in the lore where I can read the text about how the sev'ryn spiritual familiars work in Emea?

I have tried to read up but got lost in the Wiki.

I would be grateful for links. I really have tried to find the info in the lore as I have never before seen that sev'ryn ose'bori are constantly visible to all in the Emea and constantly active and available for being interacted with. Not sure if I understand the answer above this post. I'm totally aware there can be some lore somewhere about it, but I haven' t been able to find anything.

This is what I found in The Spirits and Souls primer
wiki/index.php?title=Spirits_%26_Souls
The Sev’ryn race are capable of seeing their own Osẹ-bori without high spirituality or a mark from an Immortal. It is generally considered rude and inappropriate to seek out another person’s Osẹ-bori. Even marked and extremely spiritual people try their best to avoid communication with another person’s Osẹ-bori, as this may be considered peering into someone’s “soul” without permission. Those that do not understand how the Sev’ryn race communicates with their Osẹ-bori often learn this rule the hard way.
word count: 221
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Hiya

Just posting here to say that the link you've put there is in the "Archive" category - so is old information. I'd always suggest checking the left-hand menu to get where you want to go - or checking the very bottom of the page to make sure that you're not in "Archive" or some such.

Using the left-hand drop down menu - I went to to "Repositories" main category (the purple background)
In there:

Repository of IC Lore >
> Beings
> Spirits
> Spirits OOC Info

In there are both the Familiar Primer: wiki/index.php?title=Familiar_Primer
And the Spirits Primer: wiki/index.php?title=Spirits_Primer

I'm sorry - I realise I'm not actually answering the question, I haven't looked in those for exactly what you're looking for, but I believe, if I remember correctly, that the information you're looking for is in there. I'll also nudge Squirrel here, as he's looking at Lore Analysis.

Hope that helps!
word count: 167
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Emea”