Absence Thread 2.0

Come here to chat about things on and off topic.
Basilisk
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Absence Thread 2.0

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Absence Thread

Will you be away from Standing Trials for a few days, a week, a month? Do you need a quick & easy way to let your thread partners, mods, or friends know?

Post your expected absences to this thread!

Here's an example of what your post might look like: "I will be out of town from August 19th - August 29th, so posting may be slower than usual. Try not to murder my favourite NPCs while I'm gone!"

xo
ImageImage
Arwel Kyric
Race: Ithecal
Renown: +48
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Abscence Thread 2.0

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:03 am

Hey so um....I'm gonna take a little break from ST. All of whatever that is going on is messing with my mental health so im gonna take some time off til it all cools down. I dont need to know why it happened or anything like that, I'm just taking a break.

I'm sorry to people waiting on threads, I'll be back ^-^

and to the modded thread im in, sorry if I dont post in time, you can go ahead and write me out anyways ^-^

I'll be back guys~ I just need a little time away from all this stuff causing me anxiety with the fighting and drama

Love ya <3 see ya around in a while crocodiles
Joregar
Profession: Cold-Forge Smith
Renown: +30
Character Sheet

Abscence Thread 2.0

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 am

Jade wrote:I'm not lying. He literally harassed staff members and you guys are playing the victim card and calling me a tyrant and a dictator??? Who the heck knows me as any of that???
I think it's less that you're a dictator, more that you don't seem to control your emotions well. I don't think you're a very good person to be in charge of handling bans or disciplinary action, because I've been in at least two situations with you where you've upset me greatly by getting extremely angry, unreasonable, and making it a mission to make me look bad.

Give that responsibility to someone else, and focus on making ST amazing as a writer, and as a developer. I don't want ST to be another Miz, and I'm glad we're all talking about our issues and we're open to change, I think that's what's important here, and where we've excelled.

Anyway, I'm going to be away from the site for the most part during my Summer vacation unless my planned events don't pan out. Hopefully things have improved on ST by then, because things are getting pretty toxic and it's making me weary to invest my time writing here.

Also Alistair, Fridgar

It's entirely possible that, given time, you'll come to enjoy this place again. I hope to see you guys around, I know I've stuck thing through despite the frequent storms of mud. I was doing the same thing with Miz, but here it's different. I see a lot of potential, and I don't see the downward trend like I see it in that other place. Everyone makes mistakes, and it's important to forgive and let live.

-Mal.
Jade
Prophet of Old
Profession: Prophet
Office
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Absence Thread 2.0

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 am

I locked that thread for a reason, please keep this about absences. Thank you.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Ghoul
Storyteller - New Staff
Storyteller - New Staff
Prophets' Notes
Office
Templates

Staff

Absence Thread 2.0

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am

Just wanted to pop in and make known that I may be very spotty in the next few days due to a family reunion :D I will still make a surprise appearance over the course of the weekend, though!
Covah
Approved Character
Profession: Veterinarian
Renown: +30
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Absence Thread 2.0

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:38 am

A lot of issues in IRL have recently occurred, so I just wanted to let people know that I won't be able to be active on the site until I'm in a better state of mind.
Davic
Race: Human

Absence Thread 2.0

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:02 am

Reached an end to my week-long largely inconsequential absence. As such, I'll be resuming all previous activity with renewed vigor.
Kali'rial
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter for Cally's (Expert)
Renown: +167
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Absence Thread 2.0

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 pm

I'm about to jump on a plane for work, and will be sporadically on for the next 3 days! If I am slow replying to people sorry. Back to regular posting by Saturday.
Common | Xanthean
[album]10861[/album]
Arwel Kyric
Renown: +48
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Absence Thread 2.0

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:17 pm

So, I guess I should say now im going on another hiatus from the site. I'll still be around to talk this time, unlike the last absence, but I'm so depressed I can't really get myself to write anything at all even if I force it. I'm barely taking care of myself, there's a lot of pressure on me (who is barely handling being alive right now) to get a job which would just make everything I'm dealing with way worse, and all that fun stuff. So yeah...sorry to people who I owe replies to, if you want to end the threads I wont stop you since I dont know how long it will be until I am able to write again...
Harpy
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Office
Templates

Events

Absence Thread 2.0

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:51 am

Hey guys,

I've been absent lately as the national project I am heading up is coming to a head. I'll be back as soon as I can.

- Harpy

Return to “Discussion”