Kudos Thread

Recognize others for their help and contributions here.

Come here to chat about things on and off topic.
Rumour
Developer - Staff
Developer - Staff
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Excuse me while I blow dust off this thread and give out some long overdue shout-outs!

Kudos to:
  • Zenith for backing me up on Advocate work while I’ve been sorting out my offline life. I can't say enough good things about this man.
  • Munchkin for always being so positive and thoughtful!
  • Pegasus for taking the lead on the upcoming Global Plot, for being amazing moral/emotional support when life gets cray, and for just generally being a force to reckon with everywhere I look on Standing Trials.
  • Plague for consistently reviewing magic threads, providing constant feedback to staff, answering PSF tickets, and being a development machine.
    Jade for all of her ideas and suggestions for improving our site's game mechanics in order to make things easier on the mods and a better experience for the players - and for keeping this site running for nearly 3 years.
  • Anomaly for all of her hard work on Emea and Kielik’s mark!
  • Nymph for all of her work on Desnind, Augiery, and the Sev’ryn/Sev’ryn familiars. This girl has so much stuff on her plate and is still always willing to lend a hand wherever it's needed.
  • Incubus for demolishing the review queue 2.1.0!
  • Our Rharne players for being creative geniuses & for sticking with us during the ebb and flow of city mod activity. Seriously, thanks for being so gosh darn patient. Much love!
  • Every player who votes for ST, welcomes our newbies, answers questions, writes stories with new players, brings positive energy to the site, and supports our community. You are our lifeblood and we wouldn’t be where we are without you!

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Pash Raj'oriq
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Tankbard
Renown: +315
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Thank you everyone who has been reviewing/grading the old way and the new way and every which way possible. You all have been killing it beautifully. Way to go!

It's been so encouraging as a relatively new player to see everyone embrace change here, which doesn't necessarily mean that comes easy so much as that everyone's hearts are in the right place by the time their feet arrive at the destination. Yes!

(Thank you for reviving this thread, Rumour. I had been looking for it because I needed to give the shout out above.)
Rakahi | Rakahi Pidgin | Common | Xanthean

Because of his Competency in Empathy magic, Pash exudes an aura of calm emotion that is always "on." While it's not strong enough to overcome extreme emotions and it also loses strength the more people he's around, it's still up to you how that affects your character in whatever situation we're in. PM with questions!
[/googlefont]
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 am

All the players of Scalvoris!
I really enjoy writing with you and reading your lovely, wonderful, funny, sad, scary, etc stories. Thank you for the fact that the OOC is always chattering away, the Development Thread is bursting with great stuff from so many of you and for running with my wild plots, harebrained ideas and generally quirky feeling about our island. You guys rock and are really positive, energy filled folks.

Thanks to you all!
Faith
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Two thousand later....
So, I like to notice milestones. I don't know why, I always have. Overly mushy, I guess. Two thousand posts is, I figure, a milestone. So, I thought I'd mark it by a long overdue shout out to all the people I've written with over that time. There are so many of you. I can only apologise if I forget any, but an enormous thank you to everyone mentioned! It's been a long journey between my very first post, follow up questions and now!

The first person Faith ever threaded with was Malcolm. I was hooked and she developed a crush all in the same thread! That same season, she met Rafael, Yanah, Kazmir (miss you, dude!). Thank you all for the writing together, then and later. I've loved every post and it's really interesting to see those old threads and that quiet, dutiful and yet still somehow arrogant slave.

Tristan of course, changed her life and I have loved every thread our two pcs shared. Thank you for the hysteria of their lives together, for teaching Faith what a lickspittle is, for ordering her to pity you, for being sea-sick and loving chocolate cake, for your evil necromantic cat and your wonderful, funny, emotional and really just fantastic words.

Aeon (Fred!), Nir'wei, Alistair, Zvezdana, Andraska, Kura, Niv and Lady Elyna, I had great fun writing with you all and I love that our pcs became friends. My favourite series of adventures were the ones where Ali told her that all horses understood Common, she hit zombies with frypans and flew on a dragon. One of the funniest moments during that time, for me, was when she and Tristan ran into Vincent at a brothel. How embarrassing for the poor girl! (He was working as a guard, Sabine!!). Thank you all for the great fun I've had writing with you. Global plots, job threads, all of them. Thanks!

Lots of dreams too ~ from Noth being a great big meanie, to Nightshade, Arlo and Ti'niva all of whom have very special memories for Faith (not all of them good, Nothie!). I have loved every thread with all of the people I've dreamed with. Thank you!

So many of the ST Prophets have had a massive impact, too! From Kingdom's moderation of the failed Qe'dreki rebellion (did I mention, the King held her hand???), to Rumour's fantastic help in Rharne and a writing challenge that REALLY challenged Faith (she never argues with people!), Maltruisms amazing plots in an Immortal armpit, Squirrel's best interruption of a date ever, Nymph's tear-jerking decision about a handkerchief, Anomaly's portrayal of Famula as a receptionist in a dream, Whisper's torture which granted her the title "the Diabolical Whisper", Basilisk's help with an Enormowl and Ent's evil kidnapping ~ thank you sincerely. Jade, of course, has to get a specific mention for all the PSF help, the support, the simple stroke of a cheek from Moseke that made such a difference to her. That "can do, lets do!" attitude which is just awesome. Then, of course, there's folks like Plague for the cool stuff and Djinn for the answers to the zillion questions! Thank you all!

Once she was free, Faith's world changed and she met people like Kylar, Sintih, Ambrosia and Vluh. I loved writing with you guys. Special love to Kylar, of course, him being my son IRL, but thank you all for the great writing and the fun!

Now, on Scalvoris, Faith is meeting new people again! She doesn't know them well, yet, but she's met people like Pash and Kali, Anos, Vince, Leon, Mero and Baya. Not forgetting Amaris and Alexander as fellow nerds! Thank you to all, and apologies to anyone I've forgotten. It's been a blast, and I have to say, she's come a long way from this, her very first thread. Thank you to you all, you're all just awesome!

Of course, last words have to go to Padraig, who has made such a difference to Faith's life. It's great to write with a friend and I happen to be lucky enough to have a friend who writes with me, puts up with my mostly crazed chatter, is fantastic fun both IC and OOC and who, in my humble opinion, is one of the best writers out there. We've written together some ridiculous amount of time (sixteen years? seventeen? I dunno. Long time. More than a week) and a ridiculous number of words. It's a pleasure and privilege writing with you. I would have an emotion, but I am British, so.. you know. Thanks, and all that. :)
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Kali'rial
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter for Cally's (Expert)
Renown: +167
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:52 am

How have I missed this thread?!

I don't have a fancy template because as my Scalvorians know, I post 95% on an iPhone. I wanted to shout out to Peg, for the immense amount of time and effort she puts in for us. :) We appreciate you and all you do. :D

Also it's like 100 posts late but HAPPY 2000TH POST FAITH!!!!
Common | Xanthean
[album]10861[/album]
Noth
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Monster
Renown: -345
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Jeez, guess this is my 300th post. It only took me a little over a year too! I’m going to blame that on my being both proactively lazy, and also stupid busy half the time.

But hey, I’ve finally gotten here.

Really though, even though this is my 300th post, it’s not all about me. What that really boils down to is that you guys have entrapped my attention long enough for me to want to put in that effort, and that means that you’ve put in way more effort in return.

Anyway… lame introduction stuff aside. I’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time now, but I’ve always found myself busy, or decided to put it off until I actually reached a decent milestone.

300 posts seems decent enough for me.

Just a note, but if I missed your name, it’s because of one of two reasons. 1: It’s really really hard to keep track of who is who, and I’m trying not to do repeats… or 2: More realistically, there’s a lot of people I’m about to write about, and I might be trying to keep this thing under the length of the Silmarillion.

So. First and foremost, I’d like to thank Maltruism for being just the best! Seriously, you’re awesome. The posts you write are always so refined and neat and they progress the plot just enough to get the players hooked. On top of that, the writing you do as a character is also spectacular, and on occasion I’ve been known to browse through a bit of ole Eddrick’s handiwork. I remember Kovic told me once that I was the reason a few people had come to Etzos, and I really appreciated that compliment, but Maltruism, you’re the reason I came to Etzos, so really, all that credit goes to you. On top of being an amazing writer and developer, you’re also always super easygoing, and I always know that I can count on you to help me out if I don’t understand something or need some help, and for that, I am thankful.

Next up, I’d like to thank Neronin. I said it before in chat, Nero, but you’re the only one of our little group who’s stuck with me this far, and I appreciate that immensely. Without you there at my side, I probably would have lost a lot of the inspiration and motivation I have to write Noth, and the world would never have known of our particular brand of Evil. You’re a chill dude, an excellent writer when it comes to scenery and dialogue, and the best ally I could ever hope for in our endeavors. Here’s to a fruitful partnership, and I wish you a happy wedding as well, pal.

Nightshade Eld. We talk a lot. You’re pretty much aware of all the reasons that I actually enjoy writing with you, and it’d be almost pointless to reiterate it at this point, but I’m a massive dramatic dork, so indulge me. I absolutely love writing with you, and you’ve helped me develop Noth as a character in a big way. My original goals for the ole murderbird were to have him be a stereotypically one-sided bad guy, because I thought the site needed one, but RP’ing with you has helped me to develop him into a more complex character with actual feelings, and I couldn’t have done that without you. I know sometimes you feel like you’re not making a big impact, but I want you to know that you’ve made a hundred smaller impacts on me. Thank you for that.

P.S: We’re totally one of the most popular ships on the site. Just sayin’.

Souffle Queen Faith! You’re a blast. I adore getting to write with you, because you always bring a unique perspective to things, and your character actually grows as a person as time goes on. On top of that though, you’re one of the coolest people I’ve ever written with, and the constant joking around and making weird and badly photoshopped images of one another is one of my favorite things to this day. I have never heard a single complaint about you, and the reason for that is quite clear. You’re awesome. You’re also an inspiration to everyone who ever wakes up in the morning, and feels like they don’t really wanna post, but then do, because holy crap do you churn out great content like a machine or what! :D
Happy Baking!

Pash. I know you’re not a super old character like some of the others around the site are, but you’ve already made a big impression with me. We’ve gotten all of two posts of RP done together, but you have been in chat essentially every day I get on, and the constant stories of what your wacky children are up to have kept me entertained for as long as I’ve known you. On top of that, from what I’ve seen, your writing is spectacular, and the way you use analogies and metaphors for things is brilliant. Can’t wait to see what sort of adventures we might get embarked on!

Zipper. You’re a bit like Pash in that I haven’t really RP’d with you… at all actually, but you’re hilarious. Like, actually gut-wrenching laughter levels of funny, and I appreciate having you around even if we haven’t gotten to write together yet. One day though, we’re gonna have a ball. :P

Finn. You know, the concept of an orphan being mischievous is one that I think is embodied pretty handily by the story Oliver Twist, but you definitely have put your own ‘Twist’ on Finn’s story. Your writing feels so natural, and it makes me remember when I was 13 years old just like him, and how I might have reacted if I were in his shoes. For all the one-winged princes and flying giant bat monsters, Finn is an anchor in reality, someone who I could honestly believe would be a person living just outside my home, sneaking out of the local orphanage everytime he decided he wanted to go on an adventure. You’re a great guy, Finn, and you’ve always been very kind to me whenever we’ve talked, and for that, I thank you.

Nymph! I know I told you a lot of the reasons I appreciate having you around in chat, but there’s nothing wrong with a little ole reiteration. You are a great moderator, writer, and developer. With you at the helm of the project, Augiery is looking great and terrifying! You also are a fantastic artist, and even though you told me that you don’t draw or anything, I have to say that your work is splendid. I appreciate too that you played games with me outside of ST, and I think that truly highlights that with you, I can have an adventure anywhere.
Do take care of that adorable little dog.

Djinn.
You are so likeable! Like, you always have some sort of witty comment or funny joke to tell in chat, and you always say hello to everyone who enters. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten to write with you, but even though I’ve not been able, I am so thankful that whoever made you a mod did. You’re a good example of a friendly and encouraging moderator, and I hope to see others take to your ways.

Patrick. You were a hoot to write with, and to talk to. Patrick is always a pleasure to read, and I know that I’ve looked into a few of your threads in the past just to see how you manage to embody such smoothness. If ever there was a medal for who you would want to be your wingman with something, it would be granted to you immediately.
Try not to drink too much though, it’s bad for your liver. :D

Aeon.
Man, I wish I knew whatever happened to you, but I suppose it is the way of heroes to come when danger calls, and to disappear as quickly as they came when it subsides. You were legitimately such a Hero character, and I actually adored that. As much as we poked fun at you in chat, you were always an excellent sport about it all, and your combat writing was always enjoyable.
I hope that when the world is once more wreathed in flames, you’ll make your appearance again.

Nauta.
You’re a fun sort of person Nauta, and I eagerly remember our conversations in chat over the Spessman game. It’s always nice to find someone else with similar hobbies as your own. On top of that, I’ve enjoyed my writing with you in the past, and found that Nauta is a character of fascinating motivations. Here’s to looking forward to many more strange and alchemical threads.

Mods. You guys take on a special burden of responsibility for the sake of the site, and without you, there is little doubt that it would fall into disrepair and disarray. I've talked with most of you, but some of you have managed to elude me quite handily, but no matter what our interactions have been, I'm thankful for what you are as well as who you are, because without you guys, nothing would ever get done. Cheers.

And finally, Jade. Jade, the number of times we’ve talked could be counted on one hand, but I’m still glad that you’re here, because without you, I never would have been able to meet all of the wonderful people I’ve written about above. Life is a mess at times, and the problems of the world bog us all down, but here at Standing Trials, I get to forget about all of that for a bit, and step into a world of heroes and villains and fantastic creatures of all shapes and sizes.
So thanks for making that possible.

There are others that have gone that I miss dearly, and I wish that they would one day return to us, but words are wasted upon those who will not see them… so instead I’ll just hope that they all have safe travels and happy lives in whatever they pursue, and the same goes for all of you too.

Thank you all for making my stay here so pleasant.
Sincerely,
Noth

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:56 am

Too long since anyone posted here!
So, I'm going to shout out and give a very simple shout. I'm so happy to see Rumour back on the boards. Her presence is a constant source of positive energy and just seeing that name makes me smile. Thanks for that!!
Rumour
Developer - Staff
Developer - Staff
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks for the love, Peg! <3 I’m so grateful to be back with all of you.

I’ll add a shout-out of my own. Big thanks to Nymph and Djinn for clearing out the CS reviews, and to Pegasus for crushing the thread reviews these past few days. Your selflessness and hard work have not gone unnoticed.

xo

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Yrmellyn Cole
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mage Painter
Renown: +31
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks
Thank you all very much for all the reviews of my many threads this week,
Pash, Kalirial, Gangui, Theo and Pegasus.
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:57 am

Nightshade Eld
Djinn and I were just talking about how awesome and positive you are on site. You're always appreciative and you charge at everything with a smile and a determined, positive attitude. So, Kudos to you from both of us!

xxxxx

Return to “Discussion”