[Storyteller's Office - Whisper] It's Not What They Say...

Have a matter that needs to be addressed by a Prophet? Come find their office here! Please note that all private issues should be kept to PMs or the Help Desk.
Whisper
Storyteller - Staff
Storyteller - Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: +394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Medal count: 20

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Storyteller's Office - Whisper] It's Not What They Say...

Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Whisper's Office
Greetings!
Welcome to my office. I'm Whisper, a Storyteller here on Standing Trials. For those of you looking for storytelling capabilities from me, I am most often found in the City of Viden (and surrounding areas), and the Kingdom of Rynmere. For the very reasonable price of your soul a kind word and a smile, I can help you out. My role here is to assist players and other members of staff with creating a fun, safe and lively roleplaying environment. As such, I am here to help all PCs within Viden and Rynmere with anything that might be required. My specific role involves, but is not limited to, Local Development, Reviewing, Moderation & Queries.

Development

Have an awesome idea for Idalos? A new NPC/location/event? No matter what it is, we would all love to hear about it. If the idea seems sound, well awesome! If not, then we’re here to work on it with you until everything is fine and dandy! Any such development ideas should be posted [here] for Viden and [here] for Rynmere.

Reviewing

If you have any reviewing requests, my office is not a fast track for your threads to be graded faster. Please do not post grade requests in my office. If you do, I will ask you to repost it in the appropriate domain request thread, move it myself, or leave it here and grade it after I have graded any in the request thread. The problem with the third option is that I have a memory like a sieve when it comes to things I shouldn’t have to remember. I wouldn’t risk that if I were you, so just post it in the relevant Request Thread for each domain; I promise it won’t take us too long to get to your thread.

Moderated Threads

I will take on a maximum of three moderated threads at a time for now. Should I receive more than three requests, priority will go to those requested first. The rest will form the beginnings of a waiting list of sorts.

As to thread subject matter, I enjoy a wide variety of themes when it comes to writing, but I have little interest in pure training or combat threads. Fighting for the sake of fighting, with little to no actual character development takes away all of the intrigue and fun from my writing and no one wants to lose joy in writing :(

I also won’t engage in threads that you meticulously plan out and give to me. I delight in screwing people over surprising people and I want the freedom to develop little twists, turns and even fiery hoops for your character to jump through at my whim. In this vein, you must also remember that, should you want to have me moderate a thread for you, any stupid actions on you character’s part might result in death, loss of limb and/or other such injuries. But don’t let that deter you – I’ll only feel obliged to award injury if you’re stupid… and you’re not stupid, are you? :)

So hit me up with Moderated Thread requests here or via PM and we’ll talk about what you want to get out of a thread with me. But remember my disclaimer that the thread might lead us in other directions… or you might be playing a ghost in your next thread. Information I would like to have:
  • *Names of thread participants
    *A brief description of thread
    *A brief list of possible goals
    *Anything you deem important to share with me.

Queries

This pretty much covers everything, from new players wanting bits of advice, to old veterans asking for secret knowledge on niche little things. Anything related to slavery on Idalos which another Prophet isn't sure about can be answered by me. I tentatively say that I'm happy to receive PMs from anyone, even n00bs trying out their first RPG. However, I beg that you remember that no staff member is an expert on everything. All races and Immortals listed in the Knowledge Base should have a "Scribe" listed in the key facts. When in doubt, that is the go-to person. My personal list of expertise is (note: many of these are things I have created, though some are not; I have just come to know them well):
  • Cities: Oscillus, Rynmere, Sirothelle, Valaris & Viden
  • Races: Aukari, Biqaj, Eídisi, Ellune, Humans & some Mixed-Races
  • Immortals : Aelig, Aeva, Delroth, Faldrun, Kata, Mastes, Treid, Xiur, Yvithia & Ziell
  • Mortalborns: Ayla & Valtharn
  • Blessings/Curses: Kasyni & Xypha
  • Arcana: Empathy
  • Miscellaneous: Slavery, Reviewing

To wrap things up, if you have any questions, concerns, want a little help/discussion over something, or are just looking for a friendly chat, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
Last edited by Whisper on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 831
Whisper
Storyteller - Staff
Storyteller - Staff
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: +394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Medal count: 20

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Narratorr's Office - Whisper] It's Not What They Say...

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:20 am

Whisper's Office
Yayness!
A little list for me to keep track of what I've done, what I'm doing and what I'm planning to do :3
As said before, I will take on a maximum of 3 threads at any one time. This is a choice made due to commitments outside of this website; it would not be fair to myself or to players if I were to over-extend myself. Exceptions to this rule extend to "emergency" moderated threads and if I decide to jump into your thread without warning to mess up your character's happy life.
Anyway, I doubt that many people ever look at this, but at the bottom is my own little waiting list (which players can add themselves to with a request). But, more importantly, that list shows which characters I have my beady little eyes on... most people sit on there for a couple of months before I spring into action.. so it's a fair warning, if you ever bother to look!

Moderated Threads!

[/color]Thread Name Thread Description Thread Status
The Foretelling Linika is given a prophecy and she must race to tell Audrae before it's too late... Completed
Cyphers & Cryptographs Inali finds help to search for knowledge in the Academy. Abandoned*
A Royal Tragedy The premier of Tristan's play! [Adopted from Kingdom] Completed
Hidden in Darkness Symbri's heroic act... [Adopted from Griffin] Abandoned*
Far from Grace Vivian Warrick suffers the consequences of her actions. [Adopted from Griffin] Completed
Aftermath Aelig has some news for Faith and Padraig... Completed
Integrity Faith and Padraig come to terms with Aelig's news. Completed
Ready or Not Faith's baby joins the world... Completed
Promoting Potential Elyna gets made up to Colonel in the Skyriders! Completed
What is Real? Vluharqih is met by the Immortal of Illusion... Abandoned*
Conviction How far is Linika willing to go..? Completed
Tristan & the King Tristan is rewarded by King Cassander of Rynmere Completed
Collateral Damage The final chapter of Aelig and Syroa's plan: Tristan's life changes forever... Completed
Morality of Superior Men Andráska gives his oath to join the Ouroboros Guard Completed
More Than Meets the Eye The Intelligence Authority put Parham to the test! Completed
For Science! Yana and Sintih experience the darker side of the FRA... Ongoing
Injustice Aeon finds an unlikely friend... Abandoned*
Foreign Affairs Viden welcomes a Diplomat from Scalvoris! [Quest] Completed
Garnering Support Aeodan petitions the Viden Academy for funding for his expedition. Completed
Flying Colours Yvithia finally notices the quiet efforts of Padraig. Completed
Rising Star Faith is honoured with promotion in the Order. [Adopted by Squirrel] Completed
Black Sheep Light is shed on the unrest in House Venora... Invalidated
The Call [Global Quest] Sintih finds his mind invaded again... [Adopted by Pegasus] Completed
Money, Money, Money Ayla begins to awaken... Completed
Endgame [Global Quest: Cameo Role] Ilaren and Edasha provide their Challenges... Completed
Legacy Maebella has to live up to her mother's name Completed
Keep Calm and Carry On The Overtly British Dream Thread! Ongoing
Look How She Shines For You Vega races against the clock to save Arlo... Ongoing
Saber's Edge [Adopted from Muse] Qylios fights alongside Kayleigh Completed
Illumine Linika is roped in to save the city she once vowed to raze. Ongoing
(Im)Properly Official Caius meets with Viden Officials Ongoing
Steel in Harmony Yvithia saves Linika from Aur’ren Completed
Undying Loyalty Isen gains Yvithia's favour Ongoing
Great Minds Yvithia Focus Event with Bella, Tio, Isen and Cuau Ongoing
Beyond Words Yvithia Focus Event with Quiet and Anya Ongoing
I See... Enrick tries to get his sight back... Ongoing
Kintsukuroi/Mokusatsu For my favourite Pending
* Players with Abandoned Threads: please PM me.
Random Appearances!
Thread Name Thread Description
Thread Description
Waiting List!
Character Name Plot Bunnies
Alistair Venora Additional Sect plans.
Linika C'mon, it would be unfair of me to pretend like you weren't my favourite plaything.
Xander Krome Potentially. Ya know the deal.
Daliane Andaris Plot pending but has interest in me modding a thread! o:
Aeodan Stalking the Expedition to Rynmere
Edalene Potential FRA/Chasm discoveries, depending on plot.
word count: 786
Astronomy
Advocate - Apprentice Staff
Advocate - Apprentice Staff
Profession: Starchild Extraordinaire
Renown: +69
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates
Medal count: 6

Contribution

Staff

Re: [Storyteller's Office - Whisper] It's Not What They Say...

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Whisper!

You are VALUED! Your contributions to this website and our enjoyment of it cannot be undervalued! I genuinely truly hope things in real life quiet down at some point because I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't want to see you around more. Viden is wonderful, you are wonderful, and I hope you had a wonderful day!!
word count: 73
Signature credit to Banshee!

Return to “Prophets' Offices”