OOC Info Desnind Odd Jobs, Bounties & Rumours

Known as the City in the Trees, Desnind is a town bustling in its own way. The locals follow odd customs, and the visitors are never quite sure if they're visiting the same city as they were last time. It's home to the Immortal of Life, Moseke, as well as most of the Sev'ryn.

Moderators: Astronomy, Pegasus

Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Desnind Odd Jobs, Bounties & Rumours

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Desnind Odd Jobs, Bounties & Rumours

In this thread I'm going to record all currently available odd jobs, bounties and rumours for chasing. They will have a post each and I will keep this thread updated in a "rolling programme" manner (in other words, one gets taken, I replace it).

Rules
As a community, these rules are meant to promote thoughtful player interaction. Please respect them. If you have an issue / suggestion regarding these, please let me know!
  • No more than 2 items from this thread may be claimed at any time.
  • The way it works is: You post to claim the item. I edit to say "approved" and I edit the post in question. That "holds" the item for you for one week
  • Within one week from the day I edit your claim to "approved" you must post again with a link to the thread. Anyone who claims an item and doesn't start it within a week will have their claim negated.
  • One you've provided a link - I will edit the original item list again, to include the link. I will then delete your posts, to keep this thread clear.
  • When you have completed the thread - please post here again to let me know - I'll edit the listing to move your item to the "Completed" section. Then, you're good to claim another.
To Claim:

Code: Select all

Name of PC:
Claiming Item: 
Solo or Collab (who else if so)
To Link

Name of PC(s)
Item:
Link:
To Finish

Name of PC(s)
Item:
Link to finished thread

word count: 274
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Desnind Odd Jobs, Bounties & Rumours

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Odd Jobs
 ! Message from: Shotoki
"I need help with my garden! It's growing wild and there are some really strange looking plants that I don't recognise. Ideally, I'd like to build a kitchen garden with raised beds and stuff. Will pay for the help! Thirty gold nel thank you!!"

Modnote: Why not use this as an opportunity to develop some unusual Flora for Desnind? Good chance for skill building at gardening or construction, maybe!
 ! Message from: Hanni
"My daughter keeps getting sick. Nothing major, just coughs and colds and things but it's so common now that she's ill more than she's not. No one seems able to work it out, any help gratefully received. (20gn offered as payment)"

Modnote: This could be a medical thread - or maybe there's something more sinister going on with Hanni's daughter?
Claimed by Rose: 12th October 2018: Thread HERE (Open to other pcs)
 ! Message from: Fol'ika
"I need to do some construction work, but I'm lacking materials and skills. I need someone to gather skins and wood and then make a playhouse for my children. Will pay 30gn"

Modnote: You could focus on one aspect of this - the gathering, the hunting, the building - or you could cover all of it!
 ! Message from: Kriina
"I'm going to be traveling soon and I need to have some clothes made - I hear that the weather is awful further north, so I'd like a thick fur lined cloak. Will pay 40gn"

Modnote: You could use this as a chance to develop a new fauna for Desnind, then hunt it and turn it into a cloak!
 ! Message from: Setri
"IMy house has been over run by rats! We're infested! I can't go back there, please help me!"

Modnote: What's causing the rats? Up to you - is there something else going on here?
word count: 325
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Bounties
 ! Message from: Bounty 01: Thieves Afoot!
Someone has been targeting businesses in Desnind and breaking in to them to steal money and goods! This must be stopped!

Modnote:
Difficulty: Moderate
Requirements: Multiple threads
Notes: May be solo or collab.
Reward 100gn
 ! Message from: Bounty 02: Pet-napping
Over the past few seasons, there has been a spate of animal thefts - people are stealing pets from homes. Horses, cats, even a child's pet mouse! What's going on!?

Modnote:
Requirements: None
Notes: May be solo or collab.
Reward 100gn
 ! Message from: Bounty 03: Sabotage!
A local business has been targeted with sabotage! Someone's spreading rumours about their goods/ services and staff. They've even gone so far as vandalism!
Modnote:
Notes: May be solo or collab. YOU decide the business (please let me know in your sign up) and the nature of the sabotage.
Reward 100gn
 ! Message from: Bounty 04: Hiding In Plain Sight
There are rumours that there is an Aberrant mage hiding out here in Desnind. This dark and evil type of magic must be stopped!

Modnote:
Notes: May be solo or collab. May be true or not.
Reward100gn
word count: 213
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Rumours

These will be forthcoming. Placeholder post.
word count: 15

Return to “Desnind”