Open Discussion Desnind OOC

Come here to chat, ask questions, introduce yourself.

For storing OOC things. Please note that information here may be inaccurate / out of date. Previous calendars may be used for referencing historical events, etc, but otherwise, proceed with caution!
Rose Greenwood
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Healer
Renown: 60
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Desnind OOC

Welcome to the woods Astro! I'm so glad to see you here! :)
word count: 13
Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Starchild Extraordinaire
Renown: 69
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

From the cosmos!

Hey guys! This is just a lil changelog to mark down what's been done so far by our Forest Queen Pegasus (and me too, but she's the genuine powerhouse)! I'll be providing these posthumous updates periodically as stuff continues.

You will notice that the forum looks a little different! We've moved the IC posting to the Desnind subsubforum, turned the two OOC locations into one subsubforum, and collapsed the Magani subsubforum into the Surrounding Areas subsubforum!

On our collective list for development right now, in no particular order:
  • Move all the lore onto the Wiki, so it's all in one place. This includes city lore, flora, fauna, etc.
  • Images. Sooooo many images. If you think you find a good Desnind image, PM me with it on site or DM me on discord, in fact. I'll be poking around for a few in my free time.
  • Changing up the city a little bit. It seems like it takes place mostly on the forest floor. Peg and I want to move it a bit upwards. In the trees. Part of this is my job on the next item
  • Revitalizing the Ïtọju
  • When this is all covered, I'll be adding Xanthean translations to most of the pages, so that when you want to talk about the Ïtọju you don't need to copy and paste the word 'Ïtọju' from the lore to do so.
If there's anything else we can do, please let us know!
word count: 256
Signature credit to Banshee!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

The Desnind Wiki Is Here!!

But it's still VERY new and it's going to take time. However, we're very excited! Ok, so as has been said a number of times - there is going to a new Wiki layout which we will be rolling out across the site on the 1st Feb (Cycle change!) As part of that, some cities will be choosing to go over to the Wiki for their resources.

Astronomy and I have decided that it's very much the way we want to go. The is for a number of reasons, mostly because it's so much more flexible, it's all our information in one place and it allows players much more!

So. The Desnind section of the Wiki has been created and I've put two of our resources in there. That's the

Chieja Oludibo tree and it's wood, Awosanma Lia.

Now. Things to note.

On the wiki page for each thing, there are links back and forth to related things. But also, down the bottom of the page you'll see that the Tree is in the Category "Desnind Trees" and the wood is in the Category "Desnind Wood"

You could click on either of those, and they'll take you to a page that (will be!!) links to all the resources of that type. So, an overview / index page of all trees, all woods, etc. However, those indexes are categories in their own right, and they go into "Desnind Flora" and "Desnind Materias" respectively. When it's all finished, it's going to look a bit like this:

Desnind: A Guide for New Players
~~ Visitors
~~ Starting in Desnind

Desnind Locations
~~ Inside Desnind
~~~~~~ Location
~~~~~~~Location
~~ Outside Desnind
~~~~~~ Location
~~~~~~ Location

Desnind Lore
~~History
etc. The Lore thread.

Desnind Resources
~~ Flora
~~~~~~Trees
~~~~~~~~~~~~Tree 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~Tree 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~Tree 3
~~~~~~Plants
~~~~~~~~~~~~Plant 1
~~ Medicine
~~~~~~Medicine 1

And so on. Medicine 1 might actually also be plant 1 - or it might be that plant 1 is also poison 3, etc. But the beauty of this is that the same page (Plant 1) appears in both lists.

It's hard to explain - and I'm doing a poor job of it - but if a plant is a food, a medicine and a poison, depending on how it's prepared? It'll appear in all three lists, - but they'll all link to the same bit of info, so there's FAR less chance of things getting out of date and giving conflicting information.

Hope you enjoy - and please - any and all images if you could send them to Astronomy and / or me, that would be great. Thanks!

word count: 442
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Updated Today!

Hello! So, so far today I've uploaded the old "Flora" and the old "Miscellaneous" list

I'm going to move on to Fauna next. :)

word count: 27

Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Above the canopy!

Hey everyone! As part of what Peg and I want to edit Desnind to start looking like, I've revised the writeup for the Ïtọju. Same rules apply; you gotta post there before posting in Desnind. Much is unchanged. Just the appearance and also method of entering the city. We've got a lotta fun stuff comin'! Keep your eyes peeled! Thanks!
word count: 66
Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Define your horizons!

Hey all! I'm VERY happy to announce the Player Development and Wishlist thread! Here is the place where you can develop whatever you wish to see in Desnind! As well as this, Peg and I both have a wishlist of stuff we'd like to see here, but would like to see developed by players.

I hope you guys get some use from this! Thanks!
word count: 69
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Updated Today!

The Slang, Traditions & Stories thread has been uploaded to the wiki.
I've also uploaded half of the Medicine / Drug / Reagent list.

We're getting there!

word count: 28

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Hey all!

No big drama but I am very aware that I have, currently, too many balls in the air on ST. I need to get some things finished - and currently my PC posting is really suffering. So, I've made the decision today, after some thought that I'm going to take a week off as a Storyteller. I'm happy to keep up with admin stuff, and I'm going to throw myself into getting Desnind Lore on the Wiki because then, I will be able to tick that off my list and feel like I've got a bit of space.

What this means is that I'm not going to be posting as a mod this week. My apologies to those who are expecting modposts from me, but I really need the headspace. Other than Desnind Lore, I'm going to be focusing on my PCs.

Thanks for your understanding!

~Peg.
word count: 155

Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

No worries Peggly! <3
word count: 4
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Updated Today!

The second half of the Medicine / Drug / Reagent list has been uploaded to the wiki.
All "Southern Fauna" from the wiki has been given its own page and moved to the Desnind Wiki
I've created the "Snake Whip bramble", which is mentioned in one of our Reagents (Zip Stick) but not written up.
All the "Fauna List" has gone into the Wiki.

So - all that's left now to do in the wiki (she says!) is to get the NPCs, then the Lore Thread and then any outstanding existing developments by players in the old dev thread into the wiki. I'm hopeful that I'll get that done tomorrow, or at least a lot of it sorted.

So - currently our Wiki is looking more fleshed out in the old "Resources" Department.

We're getting there!

word count: 139

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “OOC Archive”