• Closed • Curiosity and Caution

RP Thread (Starting in Markets, may move)

It is said that when the Immortal Treid was slain, his heart was buried in the shadows of the ice, cursed by the Immortal Audrae. His people built a city atop the frozen wasteland in hopes of one day finding it and resurrecting their fallen leader.

Moderator: Whisper

Norgrim Dyrdahl

Curiosity and Caution

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:09 pm

The midday chill bought a nice sense of refreshment to Norgrim as he exited Vasir's shop. His new package in tow, the younger Ellune begin his trek through Treidhart, of course this was one of the rare occasions such was managed as more oft than not his duties kept him occupied the vast majority of his time. For now he chose only to enjoy the scenery of this city that now was his home, waving through the bodies of others before making it through the dense traffic of the markets. Heading south, Norgrim having thankfully recognized the street this client lived on, the vigorous male carried along. Musing to himself of what occurred and just what was to take place, a smile forming beneath his beard before idly shaking his head.

"I wonder what she would say to all of this happening? Knowing her I'd likely get scolded for not wearing a shirt..."

Glancing once more at the tablet within his hand, reflections moving across the crystalline glass of various figures, Norgrim took the time to press the tablet against the case itself, freezing such to it so that he wouldn't have to carry that in his other hand. Only looking about before his mind once again fell back to what took place yesterday, in particular the words of that man while they echoed through his mind.

"You are new to this city, I understand. You will need to protect yourself beyond just a simple hatchet."

"Yeah... I suppose I shouldn't forget that..."

Immediately his countenance changed, far from that of paranoia however as Norgrim's left hand rested near his stowed away weapon. Steps becoming more methodical over the period of a few moments as that entire encounter with the robed soldier dominated his mind, the reminder that his life was now threatened or at least possibly so was new to him. As before however Norgrim only did what he was used to, hiding his worry and subduing his nerves through suppression of any anxiety that resulted. Only continuing on his path at the moment, remembering to look about as he neared the client's street. Glancing at the tablet one last time before aiming to find the address itself or the aforementioned cottage.
[/center]
[/font]
word count: 395
Shards
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Curiosity and Caution

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:51 am

A long line of cottages sat neatly in rows. All bore many similarities but only one cottage had two round windows and an ice front door. Upon its roof was a thick layer of snow that sat like icing on a cake. The small front yard was littered with ice statues, of busts and full figures, some sitting straight, others long fallen. Those that remained upright were chipped away from wear and almost unrecognizable at first glance. The path way to the front door from the street was all but a thick layer of snow that twisted and turned invitingly to newcomers. At the door was a small copper bell and it swayed in the wind.
'Let's keep more distance.' Varli'iar, the tall Ellune walked whispered, his cloak fluttering behind. His hands dug deep into his pockets and he looked at the ground as he trudged along. The shorter, stockier Ellune next to him flicked his eyes up at their bearded target, who seemed to be consulting something on the package, telling him where he was going.

'He is heading for one of the cottages.' Gar'ai grumbled.

'If we hurry, we could catch him before he gets there,' Varli'iar responded.

'No, it is too risky. When he is at the door, we will increase our pace at my signal. We must not be seen.' Gar'ai glanced about at several Ellune walking about on the small street and it reassured him that they were not the only ones on the street.[/color]
word count: 263
Norgrim Dyrdahl

Curiosity and Caution

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Eyes scanning about, Norgrim's pace slowed when coming to a line of cottages. At first glance they all seemed to be facsimiles of one another, appearing similar save for minor decorative choices. The young male glancing at the placard which was now joined with the apparent top of his parcel, only looking up to gaze upon the cottage with two windows. Shoulders rolling, Norgrim's mind nearly forgot entirely the original purpose of his coming here. The light tapping of his short sword upon the man's left thigh a reminder before beginning to advance up the pathway.

"Hopefully this is the right place, I'd rather not have to approach every door here..."

The pathway of course short, yet unnecessarily curved as Norgrim's eyes glanced over the various statues which rested in the man's yard. Some heavily worn and others pristine, most didn't bother him focused for now on the task at hand regardless of how trivial it seemed. Stopping on what seemed to be the front stoop, Norgrim refused almost to let his left hand be away from the weapon he carried, gazing down at the sword's hilt before pausing for a moment. The weight of said parcel at the moment preventing the male from ringing said bell. At least until after a short moment of thought Norgrim slid the ice laden package upon his shoulder, using the now freed hand to grasp the bell's chain, a quick series of rings sounding out from the copper instrument.

"Time to see just what's in store, I doubt this man will be like my father in how he deals with delivery boys and potential students."

In the meantime, Norgrim waited, eyes examining the crystalline structure of the door before him. Taking in what he could of the ice itself, noting how clear it was before the obvious contamination which clouded it in the middle. Yet due to such the door reflected Norgrim's own countenance back to the young man, his eyes currently peering into the slab itself while idly passing the time until he was able to meet the man he only knew for the moment as Master Sunai.
word count: 374
Shards
Prophet of Old

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Curiosity and Caution

Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:53 am

The copper bell rang like a bird's song. But as it was rung a few times over, the sound seemed to overlay and collapse into dissonance. When silence followed, the sound of soft footsteps thumped inside toward the front door. Suddenly, the icy door cracked open. In the darkness within the house, the minute amount of outside light hashed out the face of the one inside.

'Can I help you?' A flat voiced woman spoke within. In her hand looked what seemed to be a broom and a cloth was about her head. It seemed she had been cleaning the house. Little detail of her, beyond that, was evident.

'He disappeared into one of the cottages.' Gar'ai looked down at his hand and revealed a spiked icy ball clutched in his fist. With his other hand, he scooped an armload of snow of one of the front yard walls of a cottage as he walked. The snow suddenly melted into water and was immediately solidified into a crude handle fused to the spiked ball.

'I will use...this.' He clutched the end of the mace again with his hand and hid the handle between his body and arm.

Varli'iar gave a nervous smirk at Gar'ai's cruel weapon. His right hand toyed with the knife handle in his pocket but his hand stopped. He did not wish to use it. While his smirk and his confident sweeping walk did not change, his eyes narrowed at the cottage in question. The front door was still not in view and it meant that their presence was kept hidden from their target.

[/color]
word count: 281
Norgrim Dyrdahl

Curiosity and Caution

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:04 pm

The young man's pondering was interrupted by the sudden sliding of ice upon stone. Norgrim's blinking for but a few moments before the light female voice drifted into his ear. The man's form relaxed slightly while eyes turned to look upon her, seeing the obvious age of this woman it seemed obvious that Norgrim would likewise be dealing with another elder by the time her simple question registered completely.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes you can actually, if it's not too much to ask. I'm looking for Master Sunai, I was sent by Vasir to deliver this package to him and speak to him on some issues."

A light smile forming upon Norgrim's face, eyes occasionally glanced back to the reflective surface of the door before gazing back at the female before him. His words direct yet kind, Norgrim holding back his usual tone in this case as she didn't deserve his usual harsh speaking. At least such seemed to be the case, yet all the same the younger male only remained holding the package in his right arm, adjusting it slightly while the limb finally began to show signs of fatigue. All the same keeping his left hand within a moment's grasp of his weapon's hilt, not having forgotten the words of that warrior and their implications. As such over the course of his journey a growing sense of danger fell upon the man, very much like that of prey being hunted. Regardless though such wasn't visible outwardly on him, appearing for all intents and purposes calm, almost jovial with posture, gait, and word.
[/center]
[/font]
word count: 291
Shards
Prophet of Old

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Curiosity and Caution

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Yes you can actually, if it's not too much to ask. I'm looking for Master Sunai, I was sent by Vasir to deliver this package to him and speak to him on some issues.

'Vasir should have come himself.' She rebuked. She tilted her head toward the gap to gain a better look at the Ellune at her door. She glanced first at the short sword at his hip and then at two Ellune who had just sprung into view.

'What is this?' She grated as the two Ellune were sprinting, a short stockier one in front who gripped a spiked mace to two hand. He leaped the fence and brandished it high...

The ice door sprung open and it all seemed so quick.

Flashing past Norgrim was a blur of white hair, robes fluttering and two blue blades seemed to burst from no where. As the mace came down, one of the blades came up to meet it and suddenly the spiked ball exploded into fragments. The pommel of the sword in her other hand was slammed into her targets chest, he double over with choking coughs. Her knee flew up to meet his head with a crack and he went sprawling.

Blades were clutched in both hands, one of which had once been hacked off, replaced with a hand of ice. She turned her head to face the other, taller Ellune, who had been advancing toward Norgrim. Most of her face was disfigured horribly, riddled with old cuts and punctures and her right eye was no more. Only a small section of her face was intact, with crows feet marking her middle-age and a piercing blue eye gleamed. She was beautiful once.

She hoped that the bearded Ellune had drawn his blade already. His blade held ready would be enough to stop the taller Ellune, albeit one who did not wish to fight, from advancing further.
word count: 328
Norgrim Dyrdahl

Curiosity and Caution

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:54 pm

"Vasir should have come himself."

Brows furrowing for a moment at the woman's curt reply, Norgrim's eyes glanced to the door once more just as the second inquiry left her lips. Eyes wide with surprise, the younger Ellune's hand grasped his blade's hilt, right arm shrugging the package aside in the process.

"What is this?"

Before he even was able to release the package, Norgrim felt this woman rush past him. The younger male caught in momentary awe, his heart hitched yet at the same time part of him expected this to occur. He still didn't quite understand why his life was in danger, yet all the same he reacted.

The male drawing his blade with a stiff left arm, muscles tensed from the rush of adrenaline. Within Norgrim's mind something he kept locked away broke free due to the situation. He never was in a fight before, yet the look in his eyes turned from that of shock to a angered beast. Sword in hand, his focus turned entirely to the man who approached him, for while the female dealt with the first assassin, Norgrim let out a grunt before running headlong into the taller Ellune.

Logic by now thrown aside, the rage which coursed through Norgrim inexplicably carried him into the other with what looked to be a bull rush. Norgrim's right arm wrapping about the attacker's waist on contact, using his momentum and sheer force in an attempt to take the other down onto the stone below in a tackle.
word count: 275
Shards
Prophet of Old

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Curiosity and Caution

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:37 am

The one eye of the female Ellune fighter widened. Her bearded visitor had already drawn his blade but instead of assuming a defensive stance, he had taken no stance at all. He had charged directly at the taller Ellune and she felt ready to intervene had she not noticed, by instinct, that the taller Ellune's guard was down. The tall Ellune had slowed his advanced entirely and stood with his feet placed evenly. His hands rose from his pockets, revealing nothing in them. He flickered his eyes and shot a sense of knowing to the female Ellune.

'I surrender,' they seemed to say.

He let his body take the full impact of the tackle. His body fell backwards, colliding into an ice statue that was pushed aside, splitting into large pieces.

The taller Ellune groaned a little and attempted to roll away in hopes the bearded one would not attack further.

But he stopped struggling immediately as he glanced upwards at the tip of a short sword pointed directly at his face. The female Ellune stood over him. Her other sword dissipated into the air. She ran her hand over the scars of her face, almost unconsciously.

'Who sent you?' She demanded.

He smirked. 'Alea Sunai...the legend whom many said was long dead-'

The smirk was suddenly turned into a frown as her booted foot found its way at his neck. She began to twist her leg and the tall Ellune's neck began to pull away from his body. All she had to do was make it snap...

'Who sent you? She repeated again.

'No one,' He rasped, coughing for air. 'We work for the Frost...but...Gar'ai...' He slid his eyes to the direction of the unconscious Ellune that had been downed earlier. '...Gar'ai acted against orders...he wanted to take down the one who stopped...assassination of Pellan.'

Her boot left the tall Ellune's neck who began to cough uncontrollable.

'Interesting.' Her missing eye seemed to narrow slightly. She turned her head to the bearded man. 'Can you verify any part of this?'
word count: 358
Norgrim Dyrdahl

Curiosity and Caution

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:01 pm

The gleaming tip of her weapon was all that forced Norgrim out of his adrenaline fueled state. His muscles tense still, the younger male took a few moments to both right himself and calm down from the momentary surge. Taking a step back as they conversed, he caught little of their words due to his heart thrumming within his ears. As such Norgrim only blinked while the pair spoke, eyes traveling from the glimmering weapon to the woman wielding such, and back to the assassin he just tackled. His breathing heavy for the time, and Norgrim's grasp upon his weapon remained white-knuckled and nearly unbreakable.

"We work for the Frost...but...Gar'ai......Gar'ai acted against orders...he wanted to take down the one who stopped...assassination of Pellan."

Norgrim's stare finally settled as those words were the first to register within his mind. Shoulders rolling while remaining planted where he was, the young man's eyes turned to the woman whose identity he missed while within that blinded state of aggression. Only the discomfort on the assassin's face apparent, as the female's visage was partially hidden, yet her words registered as curt and almost demanding in their tone towards him.

"Interesting. Can you verify any part of this?"

Blinking at the question for a moment, Norgrim only shook his head to clear out what mess remained from the moments prior. Largely relaxed now, yet still riding the rush of adrenaline to a point, the young Ellune's eyes traveled to the ground for a moment, gaining his composure and forming his reply to the woman.

"Apparently... he's right. Yesterday I was paying respects to our father, I approached Elder Pellan in hopes of gaining some clarity. That's how all of this started, clearly my approach scared off whoever was going to attack him. After Elder Pellan and I spoke, I was approached by a robed man, one who looks a lot like you in regards to you both looking like warriors. He questioned me, and I know as much then as I do now, if not less. He then gave me this weapon I'm holding, and departed."
[/center]
[/font]
word count: 390
Shards
Prophet of Old

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Curiosity and Caution

Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Alea almost knew the answer to her question before she had asked it.

The young Ellune seemed dazed at the events that were as quick as ambushes usually were. She was accustomed to it. But he was new to this and she appreciated his action oriented approach. He did not freeze up or run; she could grant him that. Yet, what perplexed her was he had a short sword and he did not use it. He attacked the tall Ellune with a tackle and was perhaps unaware, or did not care for consequence, that his foe could have been armed...

Apparently... he's right. Yesterday I was paying respects to our father, I approached Elder Pellan in hopes of gaining some clarity. That's how all of this started, clearly my approach scared off whoever was going to attack him. After Elder Pellan and I spoke, I was approached by a robed man, one who looks a lot like you in regards to you both looking like warriors. He questioned me, and I know as much then as I do now, if not less. He then gave me this weapon I'm holding, and departed.

'You speak the truth.' She said flatly. She flicked her eye down to the blade and she gave it a knowing purse of lips.

She turned to the tall Ellune who was finally breathing normally. She leaned over him, resting her arm on a bending knee. Her ice hand gleamed the same color as her piercing eye that gazed levelly at his.

'So,' She said in a whisper. 'You didn't have the heart to hurt him. Thanks to that, you and your friend get to live a little longer. Now.' She nudged her head to Gar'ai. 'Get your friend and take leave. But if you bother this Ellune again, I'll make sure the Frost knows about it. Bother me again, well you know the outcome already.' She patted the taller Ellune's cheek. He shook his face in shock.

She turned to her harsh-looking delivery man, who was finally vindicated after all of the events involving Pellan. 'Now, would you mind coming in? I'd like to see this package from Vasir if you please.'

The ice sword in her hand melted and dissipated into the air as she rose. Her robes unfurled into the wind and flapped to the side with her white hair as she walked, bare footed to her front door. As she passed the still unconscious Gar'ai, she suddenly remembered something important.

'And put right those statues you've toppled.' She called out to the tall Ellune. 'My front yard is looking like a disgrace.'

At that, she disappeared into her house.
word count: 463

Return to “Treidhart”