Cleaning up the Vermin

The lands past the gates of Yaralon Proper. This vast area includes The Spines, The Cut, The Crags, Maiden's Refuge, Bastard's Grove, Heaven Fall and small villages.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Cervantez
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Yari Runner/Mercenary/Assassin
Renown: 195
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Cleaning up the Vermin

Ymiden 47th, 719

Company: Anansye & Lorraine| Theme: Dernière Danse| Thoughts: Stay alert| Mood: Calm & Alert

☠ With a sigh of relief he put Sunbreaker back within its holster and shook his head at Balthazar.
"Not so much a walk, but you would have ended up with a burning hammer to the face. Its good to see you alive and well."
he said, hugging the shirter mage before waving to Lorraine who had joined them.

he had to admit it was strange to find the defier here of all places, given the circumstances.
"I suppose I can assume you came here for........peace and quiet?"
he inquired not sure really how to ask "why are you here?" without being so direct about it. In any case, he would be interested to hear the mage's response, or he would have.

From back within the Mayor's home the sounds of a struggle could be heard, and realizing Anansye was alone in there, the lothar sprang into action, running past Lorraine and Njama and into the home. There he would find a sight he wasn't expecting.

Anansye was engaged with a figure. By the looks of the individual he had to be at least 15, maybe 16 arcs at that. A longsword in his hand he was attacking Anansye, and for his age, his skill was impressive. Anansye was holding his own against the young man, but he was in actuality holding back. Seeing his master, the advisor to end the farce, disarming the young man and knocking him out.

"I was perusing the parlor area when he came out from a secret crawl space in the wall my lord. He seemed terrified, which makes me wonder who he thought I was."[/align] he noted, picking the young man up and placing him in a nearby chair.

"We'll find out once he wakes up."
Cervantez noted, moving to sit down in the adjacent chair. He had many questions he wanted to ask, and this teenager was his best bet to figuring things out. ☠
Attire: Masterwork Armor
"Common Speech"

"Xantheon Speech"

"Anansye Speech"
word count: 352
Lorraine
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

47th of Ymiden, Arc 719

Company: Cerv & co, Balthazar, the boy| Theme: Danse Macabre | Thoughts: How interesting | Mood: Alert, surprised
Lorraine would be relieved to see that the man, who was a stranger to Lorraine, was luckily a friend of Cervantez. She would be surprised at this as well. Of all the things she would have thought to happen while they investigated, meeting a friend had not been one of them. Lorraine would approach the two with a polite smile after Cervantez waved at her. Though she would keep enough distance between herself and the two as to not impose. She would listen to Cervantez as he posed a question to the other man, and would wait patiently for a good opportunity to introduce herself. Though before she would have the chance to do so Cervantez would take off running back towards the mayor's home.

Lorraine would run after him though Cervantez, for multiple reasons, was much quicker than she was, and had also had a head start. By the time she would reach the house the situation would have already been taken care of. She would see Anansye standing in front of an unconscious young man on the floor. Catching the tail end of Anansye's explanation of the happenings in the building, Lorraine would watch Cervantez pick the boy up and place him in a chair. Lorraine would move further into the room from the doorway to stand closer to where Cervantez was moving to sit down.

"This situation just keeps on getting more interesting doesn't it Mr. Xeleno? First that drawing, then your friend, and now this young man." She would say with a sigh looking around the room. "Certainly we've got our work cut out for us." She'd say steadying her eyes on the boy in the chair. She could just see him jumping up at any moment with a second wind to try and attack somebody. Certainly, the situation wouldn't actually be a problem with both Cervantez and Anansye present. Though Lorraine would still be worried about it just a bit. She would take a deep breath and push the thought out of her head to make room for more productive things.
word count: 372

Witchmark

Lorraine is affected by her witchmark in that she has a music note on her forehead. When Lorraine isn't using her magic actively the mark is a faded, barely visible, black music note. When she is practicing her magic the mark will begin to glow brightly with a red color that burns brighter the more ether she is using.

Competent Mutation

Lorraine’s voice reflexively adjusts itself to attempt to harmonize its tone with the tone of those she speaks to. This means in conversations the sound of her voice always differs from person to person.

I wanted nothing but silence, black woods, decay, cold winds; to lie twisted and turn like a serpent, to be in unison with a dying earth. - Segovia Amil
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1815
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

47 Ymiden 719
Balthazar was relieved to see Cerv take his hand off his sword. He'd had too many encounters over the last few trials where someone he thought was a friend turned out to be a foe and he really didn't want to lose the friendhsip he'd made with Cervantez. The two of them had seen something that was hard to explain, they been search by it and that had lasting consequences neither of them fully understood. It was a great way to meet someone for the first time. Balthazar embraced Cervantez in the hug with a slight smile. He had a feeling that between them, Cerv would have been the one getting hit in the face but he didn't say it because there was no need. He had no intention of fighting Cerv so why would he boast of his skill? Perhaps in a less tense and more drunk situation he might have.

"You are more or less on the nels there. Yaralon was getting too noisy and I was tired of being challenged to a duel every day. I found this place on accident." Balthazar answered Cerv before the sounds of struggle range out from the Mayor's house. Balthazar snapped to focus- his eyes trained on the house as Cervantez ran back to it. Balthazar looked to Lorraine once Cervantez was gone, seemingly unconcerned about the noise now that Cerv had gone to deal with it which should have told Lorraine how confident in Cerv's abilities Balthazar was. He reached out a hand to introduce himself just as Lorraine turned and took off after Cervantez."Another time, of course." Balthazar said to himself as he walked towards the Mayor's house, trailing after the two.

He arrived to find the situation in hand and a boy sitting unconscious in a chair. He hadn't arrived in time to hear what the trio had said to each other so he arrived with no idea what was going on. "Did you come here to disturb my peace and quiet?" Balthazar asked with a gentle gesture towards the boy. He wanted to know if they intended to torture him and had brought him all the way here to do so. Balthazar only had parts of the information and three (now four) people around one guy tied to a chair sure seemed like it was going the torture route.
word count: 404

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Cervantez
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Profession: Yari Runner/Mercenary/Assassin
Renown: 195
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

☠ Cleaning up the Vermin ☠
☠ With all parties now within the living room area of the mayor's house Cervantez shook his head to Balthazar's question.
"No, we came here to see about a suitable place to use as a base of operations for a group I wish to start. Upon getting here we found that the village folk just upped and disappeared, vanished with no trace left behind."
his flaming orbs now peered over his shoulder as he turned his head.

"No sign of struggle, no blood, nothing. Everything was as they left it, no disturbance what so ever. On top of that, there is a creepy rendition of some horrific creature drawn within the rooms of the village children. This young man is our only source of information and I have some questions I wish to ask him."
he noted.

To Lorraine, he smiled, though it was once laced with concern. He knew the road ahead was going to be long and strenuous but was he really up to the task of leading people? He had always worked alone for the most part, even when his mentor was still with him for her brief time back in the city.
"Don't worry too much, nothing great is ever easy to obtain, we will definitely have our work cut out for us."
he assured.

Several bits went by before the young man began to stir, coming out of his induced sleep. When his eyes focused he began to struggle against the restraints. Cervantez watched his reactions for a moment, sniffing the air and could tell this young man had been hiding here for a long time, his hygiene giving him away, maybe a month or more.

Anansye rested his hands on the teenager's shoulder, which wasn't well-received, but the adviser leaned down to be at ear level with the boy. "I implore you to relax, as you will only hurt yourself even more if you struggle. As you can see we mean you no harm, we simply just wish to ask you some questions and figure out what happened to the townsfolk here." he said with a pat on the shoulder.

The look in the young man's eyes was frantic, and Cervantez could see the wheels turning in the man's mind. He was plotting a way out. But his odds were against him, four capable people surrounded. Removing his hat, Cervantez smiled at the young man, his expressing soft and comforting.

"What's your name?"
he asked, his flaming orbs dimming as to not frighten the poor kid. The young man turned his head, spitting onto the floor. Anansye politely palmed the boy's skull as he spoke. "I believe my master asked you a question, its very impolite not to answer and adult." he reminded, to which Cervantez gestured him to stand down.

The necromancer was no good at negotiating in times like this, even more so cause he never had the need to. Sighing he figured he'd go another route. He looked to Lorraine and moved to where she stood. He took the dagger at her hip and bowed. Cutting the boys restraints he set the dagger down just far enough to where both himself and the young man could reach it.

For a few moments, the boy just sat there and looked at everyone, then like a flash he went for the dagger and lunged at Cervantez. With a smirk, the lothar put his left hand up and as the blade of the dagger slid through the gloved hand. Cervantez closed his hand around the boy's as he struggled to get free but Cervantez's strength outweighed his own.

Letting go he stood there glaring at the lothar. Cervantez could only smile as he looked back the young man.
"You are a Yari there's no doubt about that. But you won't hurt me with that dagger, not through the hand that is."
He said as he handed Lorraine her dagger back. Turning to the young man he removed his glove to reveal the ethereal bone appendage, wiggling his fingers around.

"Lets start over, My name is Cervantez Xeleno. You have already met my advisor and bodyguard Anansye, the lady behind me is Lorraine, and the man is Balthazar. We mean you no harm, but we have many questions, and unfortunately, you are the only person we can ask."

Taking a breath he collected his thoughts and went to continue but the young man sat down and sighed. it was a heavy sigh as if a weight was pressing against his chest. Victor....my name is Victor the young man whispered, which was a relief to Cervantez. The necromancer knelt down a placed a hand on Victor's shoulder.

I can tell you what happened here, but you need to see something first. he said, getting up and exiting the home. Standing Cervantez looked to everyone, making a "follow him" gesture. ☠

☠ Date: 47 Ymiden, 719
☠ Company: Lorraine, Anansye, Balthazar, Victor
☠ Current Thought: Stabbed through the hand
☠ Current Theme: Dernière Danse
☠ Attire: Masterwork Armor
☠ Health: 100%
☠ Ether Reserves: Full
"Common Speech"

"Xantheon Speech"

"Anansye Speech"
word count: 867
Lorraine
Approved Character
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

47th of Ymiden, Arc 719

Company: Cerv & co, Balthazar, the boy| Theme: Danse Macabre | Thoughts: At least he's calmed down.| Mood: Intrigued
Lorraine would watch the situation unfold in front of her. The boy say unconscious in the chair for a good few bits while Cervantez would relay information to both Lorraine and Balthazar. Lorraine would be very glad to hear Cervantez's reassurance as the boy sat in the chair unconscious. While she hadn't had been too worried in the first place, she would definitely feel better after hearing his words. She would think to herself that he had spoken the truth as usually good things did not, in fact, come without a certain amount of hard work.

When the boy woke up his before would only be able to be described as panicked, and disrespectful. Lorraine wouldn't blame him too much given the situation, but she would still feel that he should have been more reasonable. When the boy would not answer Cervantez's question Mr. Xeleno would resort to a rather interesting tactic. He would move to retrieve one of her daggers from her hip, an action which surprised her a bit, and she would give him a small nod, a sort of blessing that he could use her dagger as he pleased. Lorraine would be quite confused when he began to cut the restraints off of the boy and proceeded to set her dagger within easy reaching distance of the boy. Though she would keep her mouth shut as she was confident that Cervantez had a plan.

She would wince as the boy moved to grab the dagger which would then be promptly stabbed into Cervantez's hand. Though a wave of relief would wash over her as she remembered the peculiar state of his hands. He, of course, would not be harmed by a simple dagger stabbing into a practically empty glove. This act, as well as those following it, would prove to put the boy in his place and lay the gravity of the situation out for him. Thus he would become more cooperative and would even answer Cervantez's previously asked question. Then he would tell the group of something that they needed to see, an action of such a forthcoming nature it would surprise Lorraine quite a bit. Lorraine would see Cervantez's gesture and would, in turn, begin to follow the boy out of the building. Though she as she did so she would also take care of something that was a bit overdue.

"As you heard Mr. Xeleno say my name is Lorraine, Lorraine Eldritch to be precise. You'll have to forgive me for not introducing myself sooner, but as you saw the situation here has been peculiar." Lorraine would say to Balthazar quietly as to not disturb anyone else with her words. If she would have allowed herself to go introduced to him much longer she would be apt to forget entirely with the situation at hand. Which on the topic of forgotten things, Lorraine would almost forget her thrall which she had left sitting by the doorway of the home. She would quickly place her dagger in its holster again before readying herself to play her fiddle. She would then play as quietly as she could to reanimate the thrall and have it quickly follow after the group. Lorraine would play a very slow calming song as she saw best for the situation, and she hoped that it could possibly serve to ease the boy, Victor's, mood.
word count: 594

Witchmark

Lorraine is affected by her witchmark in that she has a music note on her forehead. When Lorraine isn't using her magic actively the mark is a faded, barely visible, black music note. When she is practicing her magic the mark will begin to glow brightly with a red color that burns brighter the more ether she is using.

Competent Mutation

Lorraine’s voice reflexively adjusts itself to attempt to harmonize its tone with the tone of those she speaks to. This means in conversations the sound of her voice always differs from person to person.

I wanted nothing but silence, black woods, decay, cold winds; to lie twisted and turn like a serpent, to be in unison with a dying earth. - Segovia Amil
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1815
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

47 Ymiden 719
"Unusual thing for a village to do." Balthazar said quietly and mostly to himself when Cervantez responded with his reason for why he and Lorraine had come. It certainly cast a darker shadow on this place he had seen as a nice resting spot. Balthazar had seen drawings scratched, carved, and written on the walls but he'd yet to see the depiction of the beast that the Cervantez and Lorraine had. He'd seen lesser horrors and dismissed them as the ravings of a dreamwalker who passed through the village. It was unsettling to know there was more to the story than that.

When the boy stirred, Balthazar took a step back and watched Cervantez conduct his questioning. It was different than the way Balthazar would have done it but Balthazar had been in Yaralon too long. The city had crept into his bones and made him a more violent person. He saw a fist as a faster solution than words and that was not what he'd been like before he'd come to the city. Not all changes were good. He'd become stronger but also more willing to use that strength without restraint. He was becoming as power hungry as the master he had shunned. When Cervantez set the dagger on the floor Balthazar grinned. Never had he seen such clear bait. One man with a knife against the room full of mages? Good luck.

When the boy lead them outside, Lorraine took the moment to introduce herself and Balthazar responded in kind. "I'm Balthazar Black, pleasure to meet you though I do wish it was under more pleasant circumstances." Balthazar couldn't help feeling like they were being lead into a trap but he didn't speak up because it was not his place... and he was really curious what the boy was leading them to.
word count: 315

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Balthazar:

Knowledge:
Stealth x 3
Meditation x 5
Rupture (Roar) - Scaring a dog

Loot: --
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: Yes, for Rupturing.
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: It’s a pity that this thread was never finished. It looked as if it was going to be interesting. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy your rewards though. Cervantez and Lorraine, if you come back and want knowledges and such, let me know please, and I’ll edit this review here.
word count: 80

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Beyond The Wall”