[open] Don't stand on my head!

A city thrust in a land of magical corruption, where survival isn't taken for granted, Yaralon is a jewel on Eastern Idalos. It is world renown for its mercenary companies, for their spiritual culture that appears a bit backwards and counter intuitive to more "civilized" types. Yaralon is where the strong go to discover that they are anything but, and mercenaries learn that only Yari mercs are true mercs.

Moderator: Tempest

Riku
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Secrets
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

[open] Don't stand on my head!

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Vhalar 120 718

It was a great feeling to have left the forest behind and climb the ladder to adulthood, at least that's how Riku felt about it. He had had a blast learning tactics and survival during his trip to the city, but now he felt like he could accomplish more for people and himself. He honestly only left the forest after seeing his first city and realizing that he wanted to move on from annoying Tunawa all the time. He smirked a little when he saw the image of his friends and family in his head wondering where he’d run off to. In all honesty they’d probably be happy that he was out of their hair.

The happy Tunawa bounced a little where he sat at the back of a wagon, leaning at the little things he owned, as the carriage entered Yaralon through the main gates. He’d already made it through here before and gotten his branding, but Riku still traveled lightly to avoid unnecessary detection. The Tunawa rose to his feet and picked up his small knapsack filled with berries and dug in.

Not too long after bouncing around did Riku finish his berries and poke his head out of the wagon and look for someone’s back to jump onto. He gave a mischievous grin and made his entrance, landing on a woman who shrieked and clawed at her back. It didn’t take long for her to pull Riku off of her but she only shrieked again when she realized what she was holding.

Not liking to be held by a screaming woman, Riku escaped her grasp and climbed up onto the top of her head and stood proudly as a crowd formed around him in mild amusement.
word count: 298
Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Servant
Renown: +50
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: [open] Don't stand on my head!

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Yari women were not like most civilized women about the world. For a yari woman did not shriek or faint, or do anything of the sort. What Riku had heard as a shriek, was actually a battlecry, a challenge, and a call to arms. Once the little wooden man tried to clamber up onto her head, she reached once more for the tunawa. Whether she was successful in grasping him again, she would growl and spit, and draw her weapon, a two-handed sword from her back. She shouted at the wooden man, "Get off my head! You warped little thing! I challenge you to a duel! First blood, or sap in your case..."

Woe had been minding his business as he milled around the crowd. He did notice the gathering at the crossing, where the Tunawa had stood triumphantly on a woman's head. He approached the front of the crowd, clad in his simple washday clothes, a leather coat, and a metal helmet beneath his cattle hat. On his back was strapped a tower shield. Tucked into his belt on the right side, a metal scourge. Hanging from a hook on the left side of his belt, a good metal flail. He crossed his arms to watch what would ensue. He was willing to step forward and champion this little wooden man in a duel if need be, but he wanted to see how the tunawa would react to the warrior woman he'd dishonored first.

"Are there any Darstrions about?" Woe asked, curiously looking around to see if any had emerged out of the woodwork, so to speak. "I will champion this Tunawa if he doesn't wish to match this woman's skill at arms."
word count: 297
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 14

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Re: [open] Don't stand on my head!

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:44 am

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
Shame to see this thread not pan out. Due to the extremely low word count of both participants, I'm granting just 5 points each for this abandoned thread. Additionally Riku, you need to grandfather into the Wealth System and update your CS to reflect that.
Riku
  • Skill Points - 5
  • Renown - 0
  • Skill Knowledges
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
  • Items and Other Rewards
Woe
  • Skill Points - 5
  • Renown - 0
  • Skill Knowledges
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
  • Items and Other Rewards

Final Notes

If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 156

Return to “Yaralon”