• PM To Join • [Barony] Waylaid by Chaos

Devin Please

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus, Avalon, Vulpes

Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: +340
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 7
Medal count: 3

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Barony] Waylaid by Chaos

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:08 am

1st of Vhalar 721

It took some clever sneaking around, but Kisaik did occasionally manage to sneak out of the midst of Peter the Panhandler, as the latter always tried to keep the tunawa within sight, such was Peter's devotion. He was feeling poorly lately, probably owing to the indulgence of his father's 'blessing'. Once upon a time, Kisaik visited a book store and there encountered all manner of strange phenomena. In short, he was infected with a seed of chaos. While this seed allowed him once in a while to draw from heroic reserves to accomplish mighty deeds, the aftereffects weren't quite as pleasant. His bark turned dark and looked like it was rotting. And it would do so for trials until he released the build-up of chaotic energy.

So as Kisaik hobbled along the road, groaning and moaning as the bark literally ached with untapped power, he stopped. He was far enough away from anywhere important (at least as far as he knew!) that he could probably safely release the chaos bolt now. Wary, yet wanting to get it out of the way of anything nearby, he swiftly opened up a snapshot portal. He looked up at the snapshot portal, and with determination, drew deep from the well of chaos brimming up inside of him.

"Haaaa..." Kisaik growled as he pooled the chaotic energy in his wounded right hand, and with a swift flick of his wrist, sent the bolt into that snapshot portal.

Unfortunately, the chaos bolt had a strange way of acting upon arcana. Where the egress of the snapshot was set, high in the sky, and aimed skyward, when the bolt hit the ingress the egress aimed itself elsewhere. So the chaos bolt traveled along a solid arc toward the ground, rather than into outer space.

It moved swiftly, faster than any chaos bolt that Kisaik had seen, and for a moment the relief turned to panic as he saw it approaching a traveler on the road!

"LOOK OUT!" Kisaik shouted, using his Rupture Roar to raise the volume of his voice and alert the traveler that a chaos bolt was making a beeline for his head!

! Message from: Pegasus
Just dropping a modnote here to say that, if it's how the thread goes, this thread has been approved as a de-spark for Devin via Chaos Bolt!
word count: 405
Devin
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: +960
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10
Medal count: 16

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Barony] Waylaid by Chaos

Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:34 am

Vhalar had finally arrived which meant that the pesky second sun had stopped doing its pesky second sun things, and the weather would be a bit more normal and bearable for a while, at least until Cylus which was Devin’s second least-favourite season of the arc arrived. The young man thought that he could already notice a slight difference in the air around him, a hint of something more pleasant. In order to celebrate that, he had decided to go for a ride on his magnificent winged goat, Keke. They could finally go outside and have fun together again without risking a heatstroke – or several heatstrokes in a row!

As he rode down the road to the south that had been constructed just the cycle before, slowly because he wanted to enjoy his outing – he was quite busy these trials and didn’t have as much free time as he used to have – Devin idly wondered if you could really have a second heatstroke if you’d already suffered one and what would happen in that case. Would you turn as red as a lobster, spontaneously combust or just drop dead? He was an exceptional doctor, but he had to admit, he drew a blank in that regard.

In any case, it would probably be quite unpleasant, and he disliked unpleasant things, so he decided to focus on nice things instead, such as a group of flowers that grew at the side of the road. He dismounted in order to pluck one of them and smell it – it was small and white and smelled quite sweet – and then he decided that he might as well take a break here, rest, eat and drink something. He had put food and drinks into the saddle bags because he didn’t just want to go for a ride, he also wanted to have a picnic with his favourite mount!

The young man who was dressed in a very fancy suit of white and bright purple, to match his purple eyes, was just walking back to Keke who had started to munch on the grass quite happily in the meantime when he suddenly heard a very loud voice that seemed to come out of nowhere.

A moment later, before he had time to react properly and jump aside, or do something similarly appropriate, he felt the strangest sensation that he had felt in his entire life (and he had already felt plenty of strange sensations). For a moment, everything around him seemed to shimmer, as if it were awash with glitter, and then, when that had passed, his head started to hurt, as if he had gotten drunk and high on top of it the evening before.

That was not what was so strange though!

As he rubbed his head, trying to figure out what was going on, he heard a gravelly voice state, “You look kind of sick, Devin. Maybe, you should eat some of this grass here as well. It’s good for your health.” He abruptly turned his head and stared at Keke who stared back at him, a blank expression on his face, and tried to figure out if his winged goat had really just randomly developed the ability to speak Common – and speak in full sentences on top of it – or if he was hallucinating because a stranger had bombarded him with questionable substances.

“What happened?” he wanted to know once he was done staring at his mount flabbergastedly, rubbed his head again, blinked a bit in confusion and proceeded to furrow his brow.

“Did you just make my goat speak?” he asked the voice that had warned him, completely unaware of the fact that he didn’t just have a headache and was (likely) hallucinating goat voices, but that the thing that he had been struck with had also affected his spark – or rather removed it. The shimmering feathers in his hair had abruptly disappeared, but he hadn’t noticed because he didn’t have eyes on the back of his head!

word count: 684

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 am

Kisaik nearly lost all composure when the chaos bolt shot down from the heavens, heading straight for the head of a traveler, walking on the road. He screamed out, but it was too late, or had only confused the poor man, as he didn’t make any motion to dodge or move out of the way. The chaos bolt hit him full in the head.

And then? Nothing seemed to happen, at least to Kisaik’s eyes. There may have been a bit of glitter around the man’s head, but otherwise…

Did you just make my goat speak?” The man said, to seemingly nobody in particular. Kisaik then realized he must have been responding to the one who told him to look out, and jumped up, waving to try and get the man’s attention.

Then he remembered he could stretch his legs several feet at a time, and did so, lifting himself halfway up the height of the man in question. ”Look down sire! You are one of the Barons, yes?” He smiled or tried to, but truth be told he was worried for the man’s health. After all, he’d said the goat had spoken? That was quite unusual. Kisaik began walking over toward the goat on his long, stilted legs and looked carefully at the creature.

”Did it speak? Perhaps it can, it is a beast unlike any I’ve seen before… And that’s saying something, because I’ve seen dragons!” Kisaik touched his chin briefly, ”Not that I’d call dragons beasts… well, dragonlings are, but not Dragons with a capital D. Err…”

”Anyway, I can speak with animals if you like, and see if your goat can talk back? Say you did say you felt quite well… are those feathers in your hair supposed to fall out like that… oh dear… Well, nevermind. Let me ask Mister Goat how his day has been…”

So saying, Kisaik shrank back down to size, and bowed deeply in front of Keke the large, winged goat. ”Good day, that grass looks quite delicious. This man seems to think you can speak, did you? Surely you can understand me, or I’m not Aelig’s mortalborn son.” He smiled at the goat, waiting to see if it could, indeed speak, all the while staying aware so he could see if any signs of chaos breaking out, was beginning to appear.

As it stood, it looked like most of the chaos had been relegated to the good Baron’s mind, so far. Hopefully, that subsided…

word count: 434
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:14 pm

The fact that his winged goat seemed to have talked to him, that the world had temporarily been awash with glitter, that he had heard a disembodied voice and had a bad headache on top of it strongly suggested that he had either come in contact with a harmful substance or was simply hallucinating. Even in his current, questionable state Devin was capable of recognizing that those were just too many weird happenings at the same time and that the …

… his train of thought was interrupted quite abruptly when the disembodied voice suddenly asked him to look down - and recognized him as one of the Barons on top of it. Devin absolutely loved being so famous that strangers (as well as disembodied voices!) recognized him, so he smiled all over his face and straightened himself a little bit as a consequence before he remembered what the voice had said and quickly inclined his head.

A few moments later, he found himself looking at the strangest Tunawa that he had ever seen. He had longer legs than any others of his kind so that he was … by Delroth, he had to be almost three feet tall. The young Mortalborn was fascinated. He was in fact so fascinated that he briefly forgot that he was supposed to be confused and feel kind of sick!

He stared at Kisaik for a moment, his violet eyes wide with admiration before he confirmed, “I am indeed one of the Barons. Devin Thorn, High Priest, of Delroth, at your service!” Having said that, he placed a hand in the center of his chest and bowed in a somewhat dramatic manner. “And who might you be? Are you Tunawa royalty?” he wanted to know. He was not joking. On the contrary, he was giving that idea serious consideration!

Kisaik was the biggest Tunawa that he had ever seen, in his entire life, so he had to be someone special!

A moment later, when Kisaik asked him if the feathers in his hair were supposed to fall out, Devin was back to being kind of confused and feeling unwell. And then he abruptly touched his hair and patted the top of his head, a panicked look on his face. “They are not supposed to fall out. Am I going bald? I’m not going bald, am I?” he asked and patted his hair some more. From what he could tell, his locks were just as luscious as before.

“I’m a Mortalborn. I’m supposed to be ageless. If you don’t age, you can’t go bald, can you?” he asked only in order to blink when Kisaik rapidly shrunk. “What kind of magic is that?” he asked fascinatedly. He wasn’t sure if he wanted overly long legs himself, to be honest, but still, what Kisaik had just done was pretty awesome. He hadn’t known that limb-lengthening magic existed.

None of his professors had mentioned it when he had studied magical theory at university!

Keke for his part briefly raised his head and stared at Kisaik when the Tunawa started to talk to him. For a moment, he did not do anything, but just stood there, and then he bleated at Kisaik and stuck his long pink tongue out before he focused on what was the most important thing in his opinion – the grass in front of him. He was a very unusual goat – he had wings, and he could fly, and sometimes, his fur changed color a little – but speaking Common (or any other kind of language, for that matter) was definitely not among his skills.

He was just a goat with Scalvwing parts (or maybe a Scalvwing with goat parts) and special fur!

“Is he talking to you now?” Devin wanted to know and rubbed his head because it still hurt a little. “He’s stopped talking to me”, he murmured and furrowed his brow before something suddenly occurred to him.

“Say that again, please!” he blurted out. Dragons?!”

word count: 675

Appearance

• Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Kisaik was quite worried about the Baron. Not only had his chaos bolt not gone as it was intended, to shoot out into the upper sky of the world and hopefully well beyond that, where it might do no harm, but it’d been reflected by the snapshot portal egress to point at exactly the person it shouldn’t have hit. Kisaik was quite worried that he’d done a great bit of villainy in that moment, but as Devin continued to talk and speak as if he had his faculties… at least to the point where he was making complete sentences, even if his ideas were somewhat skewed. Kisaik was taken aback by the suggestion that tunawa had royalty, let alone that he was royalty.

But as to his hair falling out, Kisaik shook his head at Devin. ”No no, your lordship. You don’t appear to be losing your hair, but those feathers are falling out of your hair. What is that, some kind of costume?”

He shook his head again at the suggestion that he could be tunawa royalty, ”No sire, Tunawa do not have royalty… at least not anywhere that I’m aware of. I am Mädärä Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo Kashe Däuä, Tìfmi Härumtä sọ anou Faewun Samuwar, ọbavi sọ tẹlẹ, igbaradi sọ anou tabi ọludïbọ, Saoire's chieja kẹmïkälï kukïrï, Akoko Nọọsi. Most tall people call me Chip, though. My titles are from my many deeds done in the interest of furthering the causes of good, not from any birth pecking order.”

Kisaik nodded to himself, having recited his many titles in Xanthean. His name roughly translated to: Sir Kisaik Ciuruọrun sọ Kufuata Karo (His full birth name) Dark Bark, Orange Knight of the Fairy Court, slayer of hands, Warden of the First Tree, Saoire’s Brave Story Teller, Liberator of Flame. The last one was the latest addition to his name, which he took as his part in rescuing the children of Vindecaldra. Which brought them to the topic of dragons.

”No, I’m afraid your goat cannot speak, from what I can tell, although he seems to understand me well enough. No matter! It may have been your imagination, your lordship. This goat can certainly not talk!”

Now, Kisaik had been quite distressed a few moments before, when he realized he’d zapped a Baron with a chaos bolt. His dragonling, sensing his mood of a few moments before, stumbled ahead from where it had been lagging behind. Its metal plates clanked and made all manner of noise as it blundered forward on the path toward Kisaik and Devin. He was huge, red and gold, and with sparks flying from some of the vents in his scaled hide. He was magnificent if a bit dim in the wits department. Still, Kisaik was proud of his new companion.

”As to Dragons, yes, Dragons with a capital D. I met one, Vindecaldra, and this is one of her children. He is a dragonling, with a lower case 'D'. His name is Aquarius. He’s very friendly, don’t worry, but do mind that he doesn’t run you or your goat over. He sometimes doesn’t know his own strength or size…”

Kisaik shrank his legs, and then, once they were fully retracted back to his ten-inch height, he leapt upward onto Devin’s shoulder with a light landing. He made a full bow before the Baron then, and then glanced up at the man’s face, ”Are you sure you’re feeling well, your lordship? I’m sure this must be a lot to take in… But then strange things seem to happen often on the 1st of Vhalar, if what I hear is true! Perhaps that is why you’re feeling strange?”

word count: 646
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:39 pm

When Kisaik pretty much assured him that he wasn’t losing his hair, Devin breathed a huge sigh of relief and proceeded to smile all over his face. He was a vain priest of Delroth and going bald – as a Mortalborn and in his twenties, no less – would have been absolutely devastating for him. He wasn’t sure if his patron Immortal even accepted priests with bald spots!

Upon hearing the Tunawa’s next question, he abruptly stopped smiling again though and blinked a couple of times before he replied, “No, it’s not a costume?” in a tone of voice that made his answer sound more like a question. He had experienced a lot of unusual events over the course of his life – he had even met a magical tree that had turned his eyes purple – but he was a bit out of his element at the moment, to be honest!

“The feathers are there because of magic”, he explained and patted his head again. “Was I just magically paradigmed or uninitiated?” he wanted to know. He wasn’t shocked or pissed off or anything like that; he was more fascinated than anything else. He found the prospect of (likely) being the only person in the world that got paradigmed or uninitiated magically rather than because someone stuck an item on them exciting.

He liked being unique!

For a moment, he considered trying to shapeshift or something like that, in order to make sure that it wasn’t just a case of magical feather loss, after all, but shapeshifting was messy and painful, and he really wasn’t in the mood for that right now. A headache was more than enough!

Before long, the young man who was still a little out of it found himself distracted by another fascinating thing anyway. When Kisaik recited his titles, he listened to him, mouth agape before he piped up, “I think I know that language. That sounds kind of like Xanthea! I was a doctor in the Medicine House in Desnind for a while!” he explained before he wanted to know, “Where did you get all those titles from, Chip?”

“I got my titles from Saoire and Delroth”,
he then remarked. He hadn’t gotten them from any birth pecking order either – although he wished he had been born a noble, to be honest. His parents had never been mean, or abusive or anything like that, and objectively, they had probably tried their best, but they had been poor. Being poor sucked!

“Oh, so it was really just a hallucination?” Devin asked, sounding disappointed as Kisaik told him that the goat could certainly not talk. A moment later, his gaze fell on Keke who still stood where he had been before, a blank expression on his bearded face. He walked over to him and stroke him and assured him, “I still love you even if you just bleat. Your bleating is pretty great!” He really didn’t want Keke to develop self-esteem issues because he couldn’t talk. That Keke probably didn’t care, having the intelligence of animal, didn’t occur to him. In his opinion, you didn’t hurt an animal’s feelings, not even accidentally!

A moment later, when Kisaik’s dragonling appeared, his jaw practically dropped. He looked from Aquarius to Kisaik and back before he tentatively asked, “I’m not hallucinating him, am I?” He was about to ask if he could pet Aquarius because he was absolutely amazing; upon hearing Kisaik remark that he didn’t know his own strength or size sometimes, he looked shocked though, quickly grabbed Keke’s reins and positioned him a bit further away. In his opinion, it was better to be safe than sorry!

Yet another moment later, when Kisaik let onto his shoulder, he grinned again and inclined his head because he liked having a Tunawa on his shoulder. “I have a bit of a headache, and I suffered from temporary hallucinations, and I have magical feather loss, but apart from that I’m doing great … I think?” he replied. Upon hearing Kisaik mention the 1st of Vhalar, he nodded because that explained absolutely everything in his opinion.

“I think that’s it!” he agreed in a cheerful tone of voice. “I’m suffering from a case of 1st of Vhalar. Do you think that this could be a new ailment? If you discover something new, you get to name it, if I remember correctly. How does Vhalaritis sound?” he asked. He found the prospect of possibly having made a medical discovery pretty exciting, despite the strangeness of the last couple of bits. There was also the question as to what he should do with Chip who had a lot of titles though. He couldn’t just let a magical Tunawa with a dragon…ling stand there!

“Umm … do Aquarius and you want to accompany me to the manor?” he wanted to know. That it might be a good idea to ask what Kisaik had warned him about before he had appeared didn’t occur to him. He had in fact as good as forgotten about the orb due to all the other strangeness. Besides, in his opinion, it really was a case of rapid-onset Vhalaritis!
word count: 888

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm

Devin answered Kisaik's question, stating the feathers were not a costume but a mutation or witchmark of some kind. The revelation that Kisaik's chaos bolt's target had been a mage was a bit of a revelation, and one that prompted much deep thought on how the chaos bolt might've acted on an arcane spark. Had he really severed the connection of the Baron's magic? "You're a mage, you're sure? Well no, of course you're sure, or you wouldn't have said it..."

Kisaik thought back to the instant that he'd acquired the ability to generate chaos bolts. He'd used a portal to try and yote a troublesome bit of chaos from the bookshop. His memory was fuzzy, but the result was that Kisaik turned dark in his bark temporarily, and he severed a man's hand.

He wasn't sure he wanted this to be well known, however! But he did owe it to Devin to tell him that it was his responsibility. "Your Lordship, I must confess... It was I who shot the chaos bolt into the sky... I'd meant to send it far into the sky, away from anything where it might cause damage. However when it hit my snapshot portal, it turned around and made a straight line for your head. It's entirely possible that it either permanently or temporarily severed your spark. What kind of mage did you say you were, again?"

This prompted all manner of hypothesizing in Kisaik. He wanted to know more about how this chaos bolt worked, and if it might be used to such an effect all the time. "The chaos bolt has random effects, you're lucky to not appear to be harmed, apart from the magic muting?" Kisaik said in an uneasy tone.

But then, their conversation turned toward more pleasant things, like Kisaik's titles, "Yes, I styled my titles in Xanthean specifically. They are taken from great deeds I've done in my adventures... Ask me about any one of them, and there's a story attached! If I told you where I got all of them, however, we'd be here talking for tentrials, and I'm sure you've got better things to do than to listen to my stories..." He said it not with a certainty, but a shrug.

"You're named by Saoire and Delroth? I love Saoire and have met her. If you've been to her school, you might've noticed the tree growing in her courtyard garden. The Naficula Adanu. It's grown from a seed I gave her! A very special magic seed... She named me her 'brave storyteller' for giving her the story and the seed to go along with it."

As they walked along, after Kisaik hopped up onto his shoulder, he made himself comfortable and answered the rest of his questions in turn. "No, Aquarius is not a hallucination. He's in fact, a dragonling, with a lowercase d. He is born from Vindecaldra, the Forge of Rebirth, who I met after a battle for the Heart of the World..."

When Devin concluded that their meeting on Vhalar 1st might not be a coincidence, but a case of the 1st of Vhalar, Kisaik had to admit there might be something to it. "Yes, Vhalaritis sounds like an interesting affliction, your Lordship. And yes, I and I'm sure Aquarius would be very pleased to accompany you to the manor. Although I think Aquarius would be better suited to stay outside on this fine day."

So saying, he made himself comfortable on Devin's shoulder, and looked ahead, waiting for the Baron to lead him to the Barony.
word count: 623
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:39 am

“I think so, yes“, Devin murmured when Kisaik asked him if he was sure that he was a mage and scratched his head a little before he nodded. He hadn’t used his magic in a while, but he was pretty sure that it was still there … except that it might not be there anymore. He had a Diploma in Arcana and was pretty much a magic expert, but this here was a highly unusual situation. It was exciting – and a bit weird and concerning at the same time!

“Oh”, he made when Kisaik admitted that he had accidentally hit him with something that was called a chaos bolt and wondered if he should be upset, scared, excited, none of the three things, or everything at the same time before he blurted out, as two other feelings – envy and curiosity - had won out, “What’s a chaos bolt? Is it a new kind of magic? Is it something that comes from an Immortal? I can’t shoot chaos bolts”, he admitted and shook his hand as if he wanted to be sure. Nope. He really couldn’t shoot chaos bolts!

“Becoming!” he immediately said when Kisaik wanted to know what kind of mage he was, seeing no need to lie about that. He had done a lot to improve the reputation of Becomers in Scalvoris!

“Nope, just a bit of a headache. And for a moment I thought that my goat could talk, even though he clearly can’t”, he replied in a strangely cheerful tone when Kisaik more or less wanted to know if he was unharmed, apart from the magic muting and looked at the goat in question for a moment. Keke looked at him as well, rather indifferently.

“Maybe we could exchange stories sometime!” he suggested a moment later. “You could tell me about your adventures, and I could tell you about mine. I met a magical tree that turned my eyes purple once, for example, and I almost flirted with Edasha!” he said and grinned. For a moment, he reconsidered if he should be pissed off because of the magic muting, but being pissed off didn’t feel good, so he decided to let it be.

Besides, there was a …

“… dragonling with a lowercase d?” he asked, sounding both confused and curious at the same time, his eyes wide. “Does that mean that there are also Dragonlings with an uppercase D? Are dragonlings miniature dragons or something else? And what’s a Vindecaldra? Does it have something to do with wind and cold? And why was there a battle for the Heart of the World? What is the heart anyway? Is it inside Idalos?” he continued, asking question after question, barely stopping in order to take a breath between the different sentences.

“Sorry”, he apologized once he had finished and blushed slightly, having realized that he might have talked too much. This was just too interesting though. He couldn’t wait to tell people about the magical Tunawa with the dragon … ling. He doubted that a lot of people in Idalos had seen a dragonling so far. Maybe, he was even the only one apart from the dragonling owner. Provided that Kisaik owned Aquarius and not the other way round.

Could dragon … ling things actually have owners?

He pondered that question for a moment before he glanced at the Tunawa on his shoulder again, making sure that he was seated comfortably, went to Keke and grabbed his reins in order to lead him back home. And then they were on their way to the Barony, hopefully without further chaos bolts or Aquarius trying to run the winged goat over.
word count: 621

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Jackalope
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 2

Contribution

RP Medals

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:08 pm

]

Experience: +15 xp

Collaboration: Yes
Wealth points No.
Loot: None.
Renown +5. The scholarly community is skeptical of Devin’s diagnosis of “early onset Vhalaritis”, but the case history is highly noteworthy and unusual.
Skillplay: Appropriate to level.

Comments

Kisaik and Devin finally meet. I guess it was inevitable that the circumstances would be unusual. I think it is great that Devin and Kisaik could become friends from this; a lot of people would be quite mad if you wrecked their spark with a random Chaos Bolt. Maybe Devin wouldn’t have been so forgiving if he’d gotten a bald spot, though…
Devin

Magic xp? No for Devin.
Injuries/Overstepping: Lost Becoming spark. Headaches (annoying but not debilitating) will come and go for the next two trials. Crestfallen (literally!) due to loss of feathers.

Knowledge:

Detection x2
Discipline x1
Endurance x1
Investigation x2
Mount (Land) x1

Socialization x2
Comments

I wonder: would Devin have been happier if Keke *could* talk to him in Common? Or if he just thought it could? I love that Devin is more preoccupied with getting a bald spot than he is with losing his spark; that sounds very Deviny. As always, Devin’s whimsical interactions with animals make these threads that much more interesting! That’s lower case ‘a’ animals. But capital ‘K’ Keke!
Kisaik

Magic xp? Up to +5 for Rupturing.
Injuries/Overstepping: None. Kisaik’s bark returns to normal after three trials.
Knowledge:

Athletics: x2
Mount: x2
Socialization: x4
Rupturing: Snapshot: Snapshotting a strange energy can have unpredictable results.

Comments

This was an interesting way to use a Chaos Bolt as a way of setting up a story. Collaborating with another PC makes the consequences that much more interesting. I enjoyed in particular Kisaik’s explanation of his name, and how it is essentially an accumulation of stories about his life and exploits. I also liked your introduction of Kisaik’s dragonling. I hope Aquarius gets to trample more people in other threads!
Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 334

Return to “Faldrass Island”