• Open • [Hopetoun] Creaky Hinges

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus, Pig Boy

Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: +260
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8
Medal count: 1

Miscellaneous

[Hopetoun] Creaky Hinges

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:21 pm

1st of Ymiden 721

Kisaik groaned and grunted as he tried to move. He found that on top of the Cavani cloak (which kept him quite well regulated in temperature) he also had a nice blanket draped over him. Most likely Kisaik surmised it was Vega who'd done such for him, which made him happy. He stretched a little before he rose, causing his joints to squeak just slightly as the sap began flowing back into his limbs. He felt as if he'd aged an entire ten arcs, but knew well enough that it was merely the dormancy from the onset of a chill, during the middle days of Ashan. He would be well once he got moving.

Kisaik checked his person, for any sign or note which someone might've left him. There was an opened letter, one from Vega, inviting him to a Feast on the first day of summer. Ymiden... Was that today?! How long had he been asleep? And why was his beard so long all of a sudden. How long had he been asleep? He gauged the position of the stars as if it would make any sense to him, but it didn't as he was no astronomer. He had to find Vega, and the Baron, and Arlo and Professor Thetys. They'd know what to make of all this.

So he folded the nice blanket Vega had left him with and then threw it over his shoulder. In truth, the blanket was more the size of a table cloth but fit his form well enough. He began walking down the hill, toward Hopetoun where the Oasis was set up. He'd wash his face and get some fluids running through him to dispel this squeakiness of his joints.

As he arrived at the Oasis, he couldn't see Vega anywhere about. He thought perhaps it was too early, as dawn had yet to rise. Dipping by the pool, he splashed some water on his face letting it run down the flowing beard of lichen, and into his feet. He sighed, resting his feet in the water as he sat down by the side of the oasis.

Then, quite surprisingly, he heard a familiar creaking from behind him. The old tunawa, Robalemun walked up to greet his great-grandson, with a cackle and a bit of sappy spittle as he spoke, "So, the prodigal twig returns! You've rested well, right through to Summer boy! What!"

Kisaik turned on his hip to look at Robalemun, and smiled at his grandfather. "Grandpa! What a nice surprise!"

Robalemun made a noise that sounded half cackle and half cough, as he creaked his back, bending over his old cane. He was sixteen inches tall, having about 5 inches on his grandson in height. But he was dry around the joints, and would most likely be ready for carving any season now. Kisaik doubted he'd be able to make it through another winter. SO he was overjoyed that he'd survived this past one. "Stuff your well wishes boy. I've got a mind to tell ye..."

But then the old tunawa began coughing and hacking, and instead of vocalizing his grievances, merely shook his cane at Kisaik.

word count: 550
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Wandering, wondering.
Renown: +1000 +
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 7
Medal count: 29

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Hopetoun] Creaky Hinges

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:09 am

1st Ymiden, 721

Vega was making her way to the Oasis.

She loved it there, it was a part of Lovalus brought into Hopetoun and it gave her immense joy to have an oasis here which Lovalus had gifted them through her. It was serene and beautiful and it was filled with hope. That was the bottom line for Vega, it represented hope and working to the future together.

On that particular trial, she walked in and her hand was on her stomach. Vega considered, as she made her way to the Oasis, that she had always walked - as an adult - with her hand resting on her sword. Now, she didn't wear a sword and her hand rested on the swelling of her belly. At this point, she had a bump which could not be missed. Had she wanted to, she could have tried to hide it maybe under very baggy clothing, but hide it was the last thing Vega wanted to do. So, the woman who walked into the Oasis that trial wore clothing which accentuated her pregnancy, not hid it.

And as she arrived, Vega's eyes lit with delight, flecks of gold swirling in them as she saw, "Sir Chip! Oh how lovely to see you!" He was with someone, though, another Tunawa, an older one and Vega wondered if this was his grandfather who they'd talked about. But she didn't want to assume any such thing and so instead she smiled and greeted the elderly looking fellow. "Hello! I'm sorry to interrupt you, I jus' haven't seen Sir Chip awake for a while. I'm Vega Creede, an' it's a right pleasure to meet you."

He looked old, Vega thought. That led to some wondering of what happened when a Tunawa passed on. Did Vri come? Did they go to a big forest? What happened to their body? She stored it away in 'I'll ask later' at the same time as recognising that she probably wouldn't ask later because she'd forget.

"How are you feelin' Sir Chip? You must be starvin' an' have a fierce thirst. You ok?" Her friend had been sleeping since growing the tree for the Beacon. "I kept you covered over, an' checked on you every trial," she said, to make sure that he knew that he hadn't been abandoned. She looked between the two tunawa - one younger, one older - and she smiled.
word count: 426
Kisaik
Approved Character
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: +260
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8
Medal count: 1

Miscellaneous

Re: [Hopetoun] Creaky Hinges

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:01 pm

"Grandpa, you know you need to calm down. Stop shaking that stick at me, you're liable to thin your sap!" Kisaik sighed as his grandfather harangued him for this and that. Probably mostly for being somewhere other than Magani and sending away for him before he slept.

It was then that Kisaik saw Vega, bearing a noticeable belly bump from her sprout! She greeted him, and he nearly jumped out of the water, but then stopped himself when his joints complained, his sap still quite stiff from the long sleep. "Hello Lady Vega! My, you've got a bit of a burrl showing!" He noted the baby bump as a burrl that grows on a tree, and it seemed the closest analog that Kisaik could reference. He wasn't sure what big folk called it when it happened to their women who were expecting children.

Robalaemun turned around, and his leafy eyebrows formed a frown as he fixed Vega in his glare, "Well a right pleasure it should be. You speak to Robalaemun! Elder of my Kufuato! My branch of Magani. I'm this little splinter's great grand sire... And you must be what brought my little sproutling to this corner of the world."

Kisaik sighed sadly, "Grandpa, I go where I want. I'm a grown tunawa! In truth, I found my way through a very peculiar root that grows around here..."

"Pfah! Pfah..." The elder tunawa's voice scratched dismissively, and he went over to soak his feet in the oasis, grumbling and muttering little nothings under his breath.

Kisaik arose from where he'd been taking a drink from the oasis with his feet, and nearly tripped over his beard as he hobbled over toward Vega. He didn't want to use magic to hop up but lacked the flexibility of his limbs so far. He had to feed on sweets! "Anyway, it's very nice to see you again Lady Vega! And I felt very safe and warm throughout my sleep, rest assured I think it was owed to your expert caregiving!"

He walked alongside her, casting one glance at his grandfather before falling in step with her, more or less. "I am famished! I'll admit. Do you have any sweets, or maybe some crawlers? I could do with some really sweet candy too if you have that... or jams!"

But Kisaik was forgetting his manners, "I'm sorry! How have you been, Lady Vega? Is everything alright with your sprout growing a burrl? It sure looks like they're coming along. I can hardly wait to see what a human looks like when they first bloom!"

word count: 451

Return to “Faldrass Island”