[Haven] Just a Dream...

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus, Pig Boy

Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Bringer of Chaos?
Renown: +305
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 4
Medal count: 13

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

[Haven] Just a Dream...

Wed May 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Arc 721, 24 Ashan

During her “off” time, which for Elisabeth was any time she wasn’t training herself or helping the settlers with some task that needed tending to, she often could be found either in the garden or on the beach. Both places offered the young mage the solitude and respite she needed to recharge her energy and mind.

That trial, it had been the garden. Under the pink tree, the young mage sat, book splayed in her lap, open. Along with all the other various random skills she was learning as a part of the Haven settlement, Elisabeth was interested in basic medical skills that might be useful to the settlers. Gennadiya had set her on the path in Rharne, but she wanted to learn more.

Currently, that ‘more’ was learning about slings and splints and what could be used for both. Of course, the medical kit that Genna had sent with Elisabeth had basic supplies in it, including what was needed for both splints and slings, but she wanted to go beyond that and know, if possible, what do to in an emergency if she didn’t have access to that bag.

“Don’t adjust the body part. Support in place” Well, that seemed easy enough but when one thought about it, ‘supporting in place’ could possibly get a bit tricky, depending on the injury. She decided to focus on the arm to start, and maybe branch off at some point to other body parts. The information she was reading suggested using things such as rope and pieces of clothing for a sling, and for splits, pretty much anything rigid that wouldn’t bend under the weight of the supported body part would do just fine.

To that end, the young woman had brought some rope, a few cut tree branches, and one of her older shirts that had holes in it. It was made of a flexible material that she thought might suit her needs just fine.

Elisabeth needed to splint her arm first, which proved to be a bit more challenging than she originally thought it would. Considering the rope, shirt, and branch piece in her lap, she glanced at the book a bit more, looking for a bit of insight. Maybe she didn’t have to splint the arm if she was going to simply wrap a sling around it?

Sliding the opening of the shirt over her head, but no further, she fussed with the base of the shirt until it formed a secure sling. It would be tricky for someone to do that themselves without injuring the arm further, but if the person had help, it would be possible. The material offered a bit of traction and support in case of an emergency.

Detangling herself from the shirt, she set the supplies aside and delved further into her reading.

Last edited by Elisabeth Angelus on Sat May 29, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 494
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Element
Renown: +765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: [Haven] Just a Dream...

Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm

24 Ashan 721
Steel flashed quickly towards Balthazar who sidestepped the axe and took a few quick steps back to clear a little space. Balthazar shifted his hammer back into his right hand and pointed it towards Balder who stood with a confident grin smeared across his face. "Almost got me that time." Balthazar commended Balder before charging in to attack. He had asked Balder to help him train a little with his hammer after lunch because Balder seemed proficient with his axe and the two weapons looked similar to Balthazar. Well they seemed more similar than a sword and both of his other guards used swords. Silk used a whip as well but if Balthazar wanted to learn more about whips he'd ask Woe for a lesson. Balthazar would never forget the pain Woe could cause with a whip.

Balthazar wasn't very good with the hammer but he was agile and he was experienced in various other forms of combat. He knew how to move his body and how to throw in just enough unarmed strikes in to unbalance his opponent. He swung his arm downwards and Balder blocked the strike, their weapons colliding beneath the heads of each weapon. Balder quickly pulled on his axe, trying to hook the hammer and pull it out of Balthazar's hand but Balthazar held on firmly and when Balder jerked his arm back, he couldn't pull Balthazar off balance and he had instead sacrificed his own footing. Their weapons still tangled, Balthazar pulled on his hammer and wrenched Balder's axe free from his hand- a feat of strength more than skill. Balder's free hand curled into a fist and he swung at Balthazar who bobbed his head just out of the way of the punch before his foot shot out and caught Balder above the knee, stopping his advance.

Balder stumbled a little and one hand fell to his leg while Balthazar brought his hammer around in a wide swing, using the flat side rather than either head of the hammer, and nearly struck Balder aside with it. Nearly. He stopped before the hit landed and pulled his arm back, signaling that the training was over. "I was lucky."

"You were stronger, it isn't really luck." Balder pointed out as he shook the pain from his leg and walked over to pick up his axe. "You're slower with the hammer in you hands but you know how to use your arms and feet to make up for it." Balder commended Balthazar's general skills in combat while slipping his axe back onto the belt.

"You're giving me too much credit, I don't think you know how nervous I was getting about you hitting me with that axe." Balthazar said with a small smile that prompted a grin from Balder. Balder gave him a small nod and after a little more chatting they split up to get back to work. Balder went off to ensure order was maintained in the settlement and Balthazar went off to look for tasks to complete. He returned first to his tent where he'd expected Elisabeth to be and when she wasn't there, he went about trying to find her.

It was never very difficult to figure out where Elisabeth was because there were not many places she could be but after a good deal of walking around the settlement Balthazar found himself venturing into the Serenity Garden. By the time he was wandering the garden he wasn't sure if he was really looking for Elisabeth anymore or if he just wanted a few moments alone in the garden to think about everything going on. The pink tree was an easily recognizable landmark and one the two of them (Balthazar and Elisabeth) often visited together for one reason or another. Not all visits were pleasant. Balthazar remembered when he'd come through the garden to stop a young thief and he'd talked them away from the cliffside, but he also remembered the picnic for his birth trial that Elisabeth had organized there.

Regardless of what had happened in the past, Balthazar found himself in the Serenity Garden again with his hands folded behind his back looking towards Elisabeth as she read about something. He wasn't immediately certain what she was reading about but when he reached her and saw the books he figured it out. However he did not know the use of the things she'd brought with her or what a splint was. Most of his real injuries had been healed magically or they'd been magically inflicted. He had never broken a bone in a way that required it being put in a splint... yet. There was always time for things to get worse.

"What are you reading about?" He asked, giving her the opportunity to introduce him to the topic. She seemed to enjoy when she knew something he did not.
word count: 846

Snazzy Wrist Bands

• Tall, Dark, and... Well He Was Always Brooding: Balthazar is now wearing Paradigm cuffs as a part of his sentence which means he no longer had any of his mutations! He still has dark black fingertips and nails from his Bellinos mark but now his hair is brown, shorter, and his eyes are also... brown.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks in Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sun May 30, 2021 2:07 am

Arc 721, 24 Ashan

It was rare that Balthazar snuck up on her, but Elisabeth didn't have the sand of the beach to tip her off. Adding to that was the fact that she wasn't expecting him, and her focus was...well...focused. Yet, it didn’t take long for her to realize that he was with her, a smile forming on her lips but not risking looking up, waiting for his voice before speaking.

She loved his voice.

“I….am reading up on basic medical procedures. Before we left Rharne, I had a chat with Gennadyia from the Order, and she was kind enough to give me a few lessons in common medical issues that one might deal with while traveling. Upset stomachs, cuts, burns, stitches even. Broken bones and the like. She even gifted me the medical bag with basic supplies that I brought with us.” Finally detaching herself from the makeshift sling with a bit of a grumpy look, she turned her eyes to him. “I haven’t had much time to continue my medical education, and I thought I should. Never know when we might need such knowledge here. I know, I know…you can heal…but that sort of healing isn’t needed all the time.”

Closing the book gently, Elisabeth gave him a soft smile. “But no matter. I think I’m done with this for trial. Too much of a good thing and all that.” Eyes shifting quickly to the shadow, she wasn’t even sure why she still checked to make sure they were there. They were always there, and that wasn’t going to change anytime soon.

Rising, she quickly picked up her things and wandered to him, rubbing his arm gently. It was something she had started doing as a compromise on affection. He never grumbled too much about the touches, so she continued to offer them.

“I’m happy to see you, as always. Is this business or a social call?” A soft grin played about her lips, and he would understand what she meant. Either he needed her help with something, or he just wanted to see her. She was curious which one was right although she was secretly hoping it was the latter. Those moments always made her feel special, when he sought her out, just because he missed her.

Yawning softly, a sneaky, surprise one at that, she stood quietly and waited to see what his answer would be.

word count: 431
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sun May 30, 2021 4:40 pm

24 Ashan 721
He remembered Gennadiya but not from the Order. He remembered her being announced at the Mummer's Ball and his thoughts when he had seen her hair. He did not know of Elisabeth's meeting and discussion with her so the news came to him as a relative surprise despite him not seeming surprised by it at all. Elisabeth knew people in the Order? That could be useful. Then again Balthazar was sure he'd had his fill of people sent from the order. He was bias and he knew it. Healers would be useful if they could be persuaded to come to the settlement like the Academy had been. Well... that was not quite persuasion so much as social fishing. He put out a lot of bait and everyone clamped down on it. Fortunately in the end Haven came out with a partnership and not an enemy. Elisabeth told him about her study and Balthazar looked over the sling she'd made with an amused grin that broke into a smile when she pointed out that she knew he could heal but his healing wasn't always needed.

"I think short of reattaching limbs and mental trauma, my healing is does the job." The only healing left to him with his paradigm bindings was the healing fire that had been given to him by Lovalus. Flames that felt wet and healed rather that burned. It was fire and it was very much not fire. It restored damage done to people and to things in a way that mystified even the experienced former mage. "But it is not always available so I'm glad you're learning something you enjoy." Well he was glad to see her taking up any sort of hobby really. He didn't want his passions to consume her own so it was nice to see her taking such initiative.

Elisabeth determined she was done and rose from where she was sitting, rubbing him on the arm as she came by. Why would he grumble to her about the touch, it would both look bad to her and to the guard watching him? She asked if he was there on business or not and Balthazar shook his head. "No business, I just wanted to know where you were. Balder and I finished a little spar and you weren't in the tent. Though I suppose we could go find some business if you'd like?"
word count: 426

Snazzy Wrist Bands

• Tall, Dark, and... Well He Was Always Brooding: Balthazar is now wearing Paradigm cuffs as a part of his sentence which means he no longer had any of his mutations! He still has dark black fingertips and nails from his Bellinos mark but now his hair is brown, shorter, and his eyes are also... brown.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks in Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:20 am

Arc 721, 24 Ashan

Elisabeth nodded when he mentioned his healing fire. When she glanced up, the young mage noticed the grin on his face, causing her to smile. She loved that grin.

It was the latter comment that caught her attention, realizing he had come to the same conclusion as her. “Exactly. There are times, or might be times, where you aren’t here with me and I’ll have to deal with a medical emergency on my own. I’d like to be just a little prepared, just in case.”

She considered his remark about business, shaking her head gently. “I think not. I’m enjoying the social call aspect too much and think we should just stick to that. Why don’t we just take a walk through the Garden?”

As they began walking, she thought maybe catching him up on everything she had been doing in the settlement was a good idea. “So, the rain barrel collection system has been set up, in case you haven’t noticed. I think that is going to be helpful in easing our reliance on getting it shipped in from Scalvoris Town. At least until we think up something else more permanent.” The system itself, she had gotten the idea from the Baron Books and those at the farm had helped her implement it.

“And, oh….I checked on the starter crops at the farm yesterday. The baby trees, potatoes, and rubrum berry plants are all acclimating well to what we are trying. They are excited about the fact that Faldrass and the warm sand seem to produce a unique environment that helps crops flourish.”
Going through her mental checklist, she tried to remember if that was everything she needed to bring him up to date on. Yawning again, she gave him a contrite look. “Sorry. I didn’t sleep well last night. I think it’s catching up to me.”

It only then dawned on her that she had said she wanted his visit to be a social call and had turned it into business. Shaking her head, she was definitely not on her game that trial. Elisabeth gave him a smile. “Sorry again. I didn’t mean to launch into all that. I’m simply happy to see you.”

word count: 397
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:00 pm

24 Ashan 721
He nodded but said nothing when Elisabeth reaffirmed that she wanted to be prepared for emergencies when he was not there. He didn't like to think that she would be in many emergencies without him but things never, ever seemed to go as planned. Elisabeth suggested they take a walk through the garden and Balthazar shook his head. "How about we just walk through the settlement totrial? Maybe go down the beach?" He asked. He felt more like being among the people than going to the garden. He went to the garden when he wanted quiet to meditate or plan or really do anything that required a lot of thinking. He liked walking through the settlement and seeing the people going about their normal lives. It made him feel, at least a little, like they might all be alright in the end.

Whether she insisted on the garden or agreed to walk around the settlement with him, they did begin walking and as they walked, Elisabeth told him about the projects she'd bee working on while he did other things. He smirked when she mentioned the rain barrel system that had been set up and nodded his head a little. How could he have missed it? He certainly would have noticed and looked into mysterious barrels appearing across the island. "Good work." Was all he said in regards to what she'd done. She mentioned needing something more permanent and he agreed but only because he was not certain they would have reliable rain all arc. She told him about the farm and the growth of the crops there and she would get a very similar, "Well done."

Naturally she was not telling him things he did not know via his own footwork around the settlement but it was making it clear to him that he needed to establish a system to track and record everything they produced. He would need to talk the project leads such as the Munny family and get written accounts of what they had. It would be easier to gauge what they needed if he had a list of what they had. At least easier than it was to go person by person and asking them. She yawned and apologized and Balthazar shook his head. "I'll figure out something better than the sand pile soon then, so you can get your rest." He had trouble sleeping too but his trouble was not related to the comfort of his bed.

She apologized for launching into business and he shook his head again, "What else are we going to talk about?" He mused. The settlement was more or less the only thing they worked- Balthazar grinned and looked towards Elisabeth. "I've been thinking about making a small dedication to Vri in the Ashwoods. Any opinions on it?"
word count: 491

Snazzy Wrist Bands

Scars

Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 am

Arc 721, 24 Ashan

Elisabeth didn’t much care where they walked, as long as they were together, so she readily agreed when he suggested the settlement.

Rattling off the information she had was simply a formality. She was aware that he generally noticed everything but the one time she didn’t say something and assumed, would be the time that something slipped through the cracks and Haven was too important for that to happen.

When she apologized for the yawn, he mentioned producing something better for their sleeping situation and Elisabeth shook her head. “No, love. It’s not that. The sand is actually more comfortable than the cots were, and I enjoy the company too.” Smiling, she nudged him a bit. “I had a weird dream though and I can’t quite get it out of my mind.”

His comment about their choice of conversation topics was met with a soft laugh. “Before there was Haven, there were Balthazar and Elisabeth. They deserve some time occasionally too, but I know. Difficult these trials.” Shadows. They made being a couple difficult. Nothing was private and Balthazar was an intensely private man, and extremely private about their relationship. They couldn’t speak or act as either would like and as such, their focus had been on Haven. There were moments she would have given anything to just have ten bits alone with him.

The conversation turned to his idea for a small shrine to Vri in the Ashwoods. Elisabeth had suspected that at some point, he would want to dedicate something to the Immortal, so the request didn’t surprise her. Nodding her head gently, she replied. “I think that’s a good idea. Do you have any thoughts about what type of structure? I confess I don’t know anything about what types of things tend to be dedicated to Immortals.” Of course, she had been to Immortal’s Tongue and seen the larger temples there, but he was speaking of something smaller and more personal perhaps. Love, Sadness, Death, and Remembrance. “Again, I don’t know much…but we will have many baby trees to replant in the Ashwoods. We could entwine two of them so as they grow, they grow around each other?” She couldn’t think of anything that would encompass all Vri’s domains, but it would take care of one at least.

Vri was an interesting subject for Elisabeth. Balthazar had a relationship with the Immortal but Elisabeth only related to him through Balthazar and his domains. Love was the strongest connection she had with Vri, which was also interesting considering Balthazar was marked by him. She had prayed to Vri after they were arrested in Almund, speaking to him of what Balthazar had taught her about love. There were additional lessons that had been added since, and she was sure many more to come.

word count: 497
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:03 pm

24 Ashan 721
"I can't do anything about strange dreams. At least it isn't more visions, hopefully... actually... what was the dream about? Vega again? Anything worth reporting?" It was unfortunate to hear that her sleeping troubles did not originate from something Balthazar could solve easily. He likely being able to fix things. He could not fix strange dreams but it wasn't necessarily the only thing besieging Elisabeth. She'd had visions a little earlier in Ashan about a woman they'd seen at the Mummer's Ball. A woman Balthazar saw help kill Rhaum and Icarus. He didn't acknowledge her comment about her enjoying the company she slept with because he did not want to discuss that with the shadow around. She knew it, but that never stopped her from making the jabs. He was more focused on the possibility that Elisabeth was having another set of visions they'd need to report.

Elisabeth spoke of a time before Haven that Balthazar remembered well but it was not a long time. They'd known each other for a season while he was in Rharne, capping off the journey that condemned him and saved many. He did not think of them as Elisabeth and Balthazar then. He thought himself as a person and her as a person, not a unit. Not a team. Not until initiation. After that it was different. She was his student but something else entirely. It was those feelings that made her being his student and made the act of teaching her Defiance now, difficult... but he liked the feelings. He enjoyed when it wasn't difficult. Unfortunately the Council of Scalvoris, or at least the Albarech, seemed to insist on making things difficult for him. However that wasn't quite Elisabeth's point, was it? She wanted personal time, at least he assumed that was what she meant because they had no shortage of face time in the small settlement, but personal time was far beyond them. He could continue searching dreamscapes night after night but the odds of finding her dreamscape were low. The odds of finding it twice with the brands mysteriously vanishing were even lower.

If he had the resources, he might look more avidly into why the Untold had broken because he was sure something bad must have happened, but it was not his problem to solve.

On the topic of the dedication to Vri, Balthazar noticed how Elisabeth seemed to think he was suggesting a shrine. Balthazar did not think Vri would want a shrine. What good would a little twig shrine be for the Immortal who had closer, superior shrines like the one Balthazar had been murdered at. Perhaps for that reason alone, the murder, he would not want to build an actual shrine. He wanted a dedication. A place for all the Immortal's domains to be represented. He knew of only one kind of location that he could see all the domains in one place. "I was thinking a graveyard." Balthazar said in a flat tone before looking at Elisabeth to gauge her reaction. "We haven't lost anyone yet, and I hope we don't, but life does not last forever- it's supposed to be one of the good things about it, apparently. A graveyard would give the people of Haven somewhere to go to reflect on the memory of those they lost and loved. We could, maybe, have honorary headstones for family members that the settlers lost in the eruption." A graveyard was not a happy place, but it gave you somewhere to feel the bittersweet mixture of love and sorrow that came with the death of someone who was close to you.
word count: 637

Snazzy Wrist Bands

Scars

Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:23 pm

Arc 721, 24 Ashan

Shaking her head at Balthazar when he inquired, she frowned a bit. “No, not visions. At least I don’t think so. They don’t feel the same. I don’t think it’s worth reporting either. Forest scene, surrounded by statues. A throne made from a tree stump with these symbols carved into it. There was a skeleton sitting on the throne and…. I know it sounds weird, but I swear I know who the skeleton is even though there is no way for me to know. There other parts of the dream are a bit fuzzy, but that stands out to me…”

Elisabeth wasn’t sure why the scene was so vibrant in her mind but there was really nothing she could do to get additional answers. Maybe her subconscious was trying to tell her something? That happened every now and then during meditation, but she really didn’t think that was the case.

Dreams were a funny thing. She had once thought she would explore the Untold with Balthazar, learn about dreamwalking and such but that was before the whole thing seemed to break. He didn’t know why, and they really hadn’t discussed the matter in a while. She wasn’t even sure if she still held the brand he had imparted on her, but the thought of losing it made her a bit sad. She enjoyed the memory of the night it had been bestowed.

As they walked, she smiled and nodded to those that greeted them, but her focus was on her conversation with Balthazar. As he spoke of his idea for a dedication to Vri, Elisabeth nodded her head. “I never would have thought of that. I think it’s a good idea though.” The young woman, as she always had, was simply trying to understand the world of Immortals and magic she lived in. She didn’t have all the answers, even though she wished she did. Balthazar was much more experienced in those matters and as such, she always valued his thoughts and insights. If he thought a graveyard was appropriate, a graveyard it would be. There was a certain elegance to the idea once she thought about it, but then again, for all the abilities she had in observation, Balthazar tended to see multitudes of things she didn’t.

“There’s a spot I remember seeing, a bit of a clearing but surrounded by trees. I think it would be good for this purpose. I could show you the next time we are out there together?”

He had brought of the inevitability of someone’s death happening, which was true – at some point, someone would die in the settlement. It was the part of settlement logistics that was a bit morbid but necessary. They could, perhaps, make benches for people to sit at and reflect. Memories. The people of Haven would have them. How could they capture those memories for the future?

“Balthazar, we spoke one time of perhaps a small library. I’m wondering if perhaps we could create a book of sorts where people can write in memories or things they wish future generations to know about the people that lived here. I’d say put it in the graveyard, but it wouldn’t be protected from the elements there.” She knew it wasn’t a complete idea, but she was slowly crawling towards an idea. Perhaps he had a bit of insight as well.

word count: 598
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:12 pm

24 Ashan 721
Balthazar's expression shifted for a moment and he looked to the Tib'ron behind them who's expression did not shift much. Tib'ron would know why Balthazar had looked at him but he did not leap into the conversation. None of the Flame Troopers were particularly social because most of the time they interacted with Balthazar, they were working. However Tib'ron, Miranda, and Trean would have noticed the strange thing about the dream Elisabeth described. Some of the details matched the description of a dream Balthazar had written to Darius about. The ashen forest specifically stood out in his mind but the body on the throne was new. It was different. Unexpected. Alluring. Death was a domain Balthazar could work well in but with no way of knowing more than what Elisabeth said, there was nothing he could do. In the end, he decided to treat her dream as it was, a dream. If something more important came from it he would pay attention.

"That is a strange dream indeed, hopefully it doesn't bother you more." Balthazar said as his hands folded behind his back. He tried to ignore the part where she recognized the skeleton because it troubled him a little. They moved on to what was not necessarily a nicer topic, building a graveyard. Elisabeth mentioned a clearing in the Ashwoods that she thought would make a good spot and Balthazar nodded his head, then shook it, then nodded again. "A clearing would probably work but not if it is too far into the Ashwoods. I'd rather the wildlife not be a consistent problem for the graveyard." However he did think, somewhere in the back of his mind, that he could find a little peace of mind cleaning and tending to the cemetery they made.

When Elisabeth mentioned the library he talked about building once and suggested they make a book for everyone in the settlement to write down memories they wanted recorded for the future generations Balthazar's brow furrowed a little and he scratched the back of his head. He'd been around the people long enough to see where that idea could become problematic. "I would agree with you if I hadn't already seen more than a few signs of pettiness in the settlers." Balthazar said that in a low voice so that no settlers would hear him say it while they walked through the settlement. "The idea is sound but not reliable. I imagine one family will write half a line with little that they think matters and another family would fill a chapter with things that really don't matter. Perhaps a logbook instead. Something we can used to track the number of people, the names of the families, and what comes in and out of Haven." It wouldn't hurt them to start keeping more records and when they got the library up, if they got it up, they could keep the records of Haven's growth there.

word count: 519

Snazzy Wrist Bands

Scars

Return to “Faldrass Island”