[Haven] Just a Dream...

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus, Pig Boy

Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Bringer of Chaos?
Renown: +305
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 4
Medal count: 13

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: [Haven] Just a Dream...

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Arc 721, 24 Ashan

Elisabeth thought nothing of the dream. She would have continued thinking nothing of the dream had Balthazar not cast a look the shadow’s direction. For all her faults, the young mage had exceedingly good observation skills, and that look clued her to something – she just didn’t know what. It could have been nothing, but he didn’t react like that for no reason. It was subtle, so subtle, but interesting.

Continuing as if she hadn’t seen it, she nodded to his vague comments about hoping it didn’t bother her further and they moved on to the topic of the graveyard. Not a topic she had considered ever really talking about but there were a lot of things in her life that she hadn’t expected or thought she would need to address, so it didn’t seem so odd comparatively. She agreed with his assessment, thinking back to her trips into the Ashwoods. “I need to look again to know for sure, but I think there is such a clearing not too far from the entrance to the wood? I’ll have another look when I go back out there. I agree though about wildlife.”

Her idea about the book seemed to not have the desired effect, but then again, he worked with the people more than she did, so he had a better sense of those types of things. Records keeping, they would need to start doing that. She was sure there was already a list of those within Haven that she could track down. Eventually there would be births, and of course, deaths. Vital records were important – this she knew from her time in academia. Touching his arm gently as they walked, she smiled, giving him a gentle nudge with her form. “Good idea. I can see about that, if you’d like?”

Letting her eyes roam the settlement, there was always more that they could be doing, but sometimes it was nice to take stock of what they had already accomplished. It was important to her because they had done a great deal of it together. Balthazar often said that they were stronger together, and Elisabeth believed that with her whole being. She had for a while, and always smiled when he mentioned it. He didn’t often say things of that nature.

Haven was stronger because they were together. She believed that. There was a balance that existed between the two of them that was hard to put into words. Each had their own strength, but for Elisabeth, Balthazar was strength and drive. She wasn’t sure what she brought to the mix for him, but the young mage knew they worked well together, solving issues.

word count: 474
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Human
Profession: Element
Renown: +765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: [Haven] Just a Dream...

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:38 pm

24 Ashan 721
Balthazar, who did not forget things, did not see the need for record keeping until he realized he wouldn't be the only one who needed to know things. For all of Haven to work together, every creative branch they went down needed to know what the others were doing. That was the easiest way to stop people from completing multiples of tasks and to prevent them from wasting resources. The Academy's research station probably had their own method of keeping records and since they were renting the property they were on, Balthazar was not sure he could demand records from them- not that he would have demanded them as his first move. When Elisabeth offered to get started on it, Balthazar gave her a small nod. He could probably recite to her the names of every settler on Haven but having her go out and meet them all while taking this sort of census of the population would be better.

"I would appreciate that." Balthazar replied after a little thought about her offer. He didn't give her guidelines because he figured she would be clever enough to do it on her own without him hovering over her the whole time. It was, in theory, an easy task. Just inventory all of Haven. Easy peasy. It helped that Haven was small. "It'll give me time to focus on finding a good spot for the graveyard, thank you." He realized then that he would need to figure out who wanted to give their loved ones honorary headstones and who did not. Death and the rituals around it were time consuming affairs in Scalvoris and he didn't want to step on toes. Typically an individual would be laid out in their home for four trials with a candle lit while a close family member remains beside them. Headstones had significant symbols, not names. If lacking a symbol, they'd have a snowflake etched in- something as unique as the life that was lost. If there were symbols settlers wanted and they didn't mind the lack of the actual body, Balthazar would have been willing to try and hold small, honorary services for the dead.

They would have to be small services. Intimate. Something to give the people an opportunity to remember more than just the Cylus Dusk festival. "I suppose we should get to work." Balthazar said as the daunting task began to materialize in his mind. It would be much harder than simply clearing out land and calling it a graveyard.
word count: 442

Snazzy Wrist Bands

• Tall, Dark, and... Well He Was Always Brooding: Balthazar is now wearing Paradigm cuffs as a part of his sentence which means he no longer had any of his mutations! He still has dark black fingertips and nails from his Bellinos mark but now his hair is brown, shorter, and his eyes are also... brown.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks in Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.

Return to “Faldrass Island”