A new dean at the academy?

43rd of Vhalar 720

Stronghold of education and learning, this fortress is in one of the coldest areas of Idalos and home to many knowledge seekers in a variety of disciplines. However, unknown to most, below the city are those who suffer for the sake of science. While all are welcome, not everyone will be treated as they expect.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Tempest
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Events

Re: A new dean at the academy?

A Storm is Coming...

Trandino was surprised when he heard one of the audience speak out. It appeared to be someone that knew how to speak the ancient language. He turned to look piecing together what the man was saying. That was not the easiest task for the man since he did not know the ancient language as well as some of the other deans. He nodded to a translator on the side of the room who explained what the gentleman had asked Doran. Or at least he assumed that it was just Doran that Cyrus had spoken to seeing as it was not until his research the man spoke. Clearing his voice since it was easy to guess he understood common well enough to listen to the debate.

“An excellent question sir. If Professor Thetys would like to address your concerns now he is more than welcome to. If he would prefer a more private conversation with you then that can be arranged,” Trandino stated and looked to Doran to see what he wanted to do.

If Doran chose to address the man, there in front of the audience Trandino would instruct Micaus and Yvilas to sit down in the chairs provided farther back on the stage. That would give Doran the complete stage to calm any concerns or threats the man might have. Trandino also took a seat off to the side and crossed his legs ready to eagerly watch what Doran will say in regard to such a series of questions. It would not be long, and the debate would be ending. The panel all seem to have to a consensus about either Doran or Micaus. Many had scratched out Yvilas’ name when it was clear he had not been paying attention to the outside world. Nor had the young man attended Doctor Agustin’s lecture when she had come to teach.

It was embarrassing to say the least however it was not something that they could have predicted. Tradino could not rightfully recall who had put their name behind Yvilas when he was brought up as a possible candidate for the debate. Now whoever it was would appear to be the biggest joke on the campus for some time after the debate was over. When Doran had finished giving his response to Cyrus, Trandino stood up and walked back to where he had been asking the questions. If Doran however had chosen not to address Cyrus, then Trandino would continue on into the intermission for the debate allowing the candidates to take a breather before the final round. It would also give the panel time to choose the two finalists of the debate. Naturally the audience was abuzz with chatter over who the final two would be.

“Okay everyone we are going to take a very brief intermission. When we return there will only be two candidates asked to return to the stage for the last question before the panel make their decision. Gentlemen if you would like to step off and relax for a bit, we will come get you shortly,” Trandino stated with a smile.

Yvilas stood up and nearly ran off the stage. He just barely managed to contain himself from cracking. Once the young man got back to the room, they had been in previously he began to hyperventilate while sitting down. He had never stood in front of so many people for so long while having to speak. Micaus rolled his eyes seeing the white coloron Yvilas’ face before sitting down across the room looking through his research so far. He was confident that the panel would want him back for the final question.

“Don’t worry young buck. You certainly will not be called back on the stage after everything that happened the first round. So, you may as well just run along home and cry into your pillow while I win this thing,” Micaus stated. While he was confident against Yvilas, it was Doran that he was truly trying to psych out with his bravado. Doran had been just as calm and confident in his words as Micaus himself had been.

word count: 692
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Just like Dean Trandino, the man that he might or might not succeed, the Mortalborn was surprised when he heard a member of the audience speak out, and in the Ancient Language at that, but only for a moment before he inclined his head and nodded at the Ellune. In his opinion, it was a good that there were people, besides the three deans, that asked questions, and he was not irritated that the man had voiced certain concerns. On the contrary, he appreciated them, because those were important things that needed to be considered.

He did not turn to answer right away regardless though. Instead, he waited until the translator had relayed what Cyrus had said to Trandino, realizing that the dean might wish to handle this matter differently. When he decided to leave it up to him whether he wanted to answer the Ellune’s question right now or have a more private conversation with him later on, he nodded at his superior before he turned to Cyrus once more.

He was not entirely sure why the man had used the Ancient Language when he was, obviously, perfectly capable of understanding and thus most likely also speaking Common. He considered it to be a good idea to make use of it to answer, regardless though, in order to let him know that he had understood him, sufficiently, and that he could speak what some considered to be the languages of scholars, not fluently, and with an accent, but well enough to carry on a conversation.

“Lady Yvithia”, he spoke in a polite, calm and respectful tone of voice that would, hopefully, make Cyrus aware of the fact that he appreciated his words and did not take issue with his outburst, like some of the members of the audience. “Is aware of my research. And so are my superiors at the Institute of Sciences. They have been involved since before I started my Licentiate”, he added.

“Forgive me though”, he continued and inclined his head fractionally before he switched back to Common – but not because he struggled to figure out the correct words sometimes or had to choose them carefully. “I want everybody in this room to be able to understand my answer, without the help of a translator. As I said before, Lady Yvithia as well as my superiors at the Academy are aware of my research. I involved them in every step and regularly provided them with reports. Furthermore, I informed them of my future plans. If anybody, be they Immortals or mortals, had taken issue with my work, I would have stopped – or adjusted my plans accordingly. I do not wish to offend or anger anybody, but provide hope and relief”, he explained, in a tone of voice that was just as calm as before.

He was aware of the fact that he did not necessarily have to justify his actions in front of someone who was likely not even a member of the Academy, but he decided to do so regardless, because the topic was, as he had already concluded before, of great importance, to all of them. What he had said to the Ellune had been true. He wished to provide hope and relief to mortalkind, but he did not want to anger the Immortals, never that – and he had, as the deans as well as Ocraloch who was unfortunately not present that trial could confirm, regularly provided the Academy with progress reports, among other things.

“And no”, he continued in a firm tone of voice, referring to Cyrus’ having spoken of allowing Viden’s enemies to take the form of shadow. “I do not want my inventions to be used for such purposes, and I am aware that it is better to stop or limit one’s research sometimes. This is one of the reasons why I mentioned distributing my potions to academic institutions and hospitals rather than sharing them freely with whoever wants them, no matter what for – and why I spoke of creating potions based on all or most of the racial abilities”, he reminded him of what he had said before – in his opinion, being capable of something didn’t necessarily mean that you should do it - before he paused for a moment and subsequently changed the topic, slightly.

“I will need help in the future. I will need advisors who belong to the races whose blood I work with and who are intricately familiar with their culture”, he remarked and met the Ellune’s gaze. “You raised several important concerns, when it comes to disregarding your people’s history, for example. Would you be willing to teach me more about the Ellune, provide me with the perspective of a member of your race – and help me make sure that my research causes as few controversies and problems as possible? I would greatly appreciate an assistant that is as passionate as you are”, he told him, not in order to humor him or placate him, but because it was true. Cyrus cared which was something that was important in his opinion.

“We should probably talk about that after the debate has concluded though, provided that you are willing to give my offer consideration”, he remarked, as it would be inappropriate to discuss matters that were not directly related to the debate right now.

With that thought in mind, he made a step back and nodded at Dean Trandino in order to let him know that he was finished now. When the dean announced that there would be an intermission, he did not leave the stage immediately though, but stayed there for another couple of moments, in case one of the deans, his competitors or a member of the audience had a question about what he had said so far or just wished to talk in general.

Before long, he returned to the room that he had previously been in as well though and joined Yvilas and Micaus. It had become rather obvious that Yvilas was unlikely to advance to the final round, but that did not cause the Mortalborn to change his mind about him. He obviously still had a lot to learn, but he had potential – if he didn’t have potential, he would never have made it that far in his opinion, and what more, his being on the stage and not leaving until the intermission had been announced in spite of his nearly overwhelming nervousness spoke of bravery.

Micaus’ attitude on the other hand, his way of putting down a young man that was already nearing the breaking point was unbecoming of a future dean, a future leader, in his opinion, and quite cruel. He had already pointed out that they would all have to work together later on, no matter what happened, before the debate though, and he would not repeat himself, especially since it seemed as if Micaus might be suffering from a case of selective deafness (which didn’t mean that he would give up on him, of course; he had the potential of changing for the better, just like most other people in the world of Idalos).

Hee considered it to be more prudent to address Yvilas who had begun to hyperventilate, as if he were about to have a panic attack. “Look at me, Yvilas”, he spoke in a calm tone of voice. “And take a few deep, slow breaths. No matter what will happen, this is not the end. There will always be new opportunities for you. There is in fact something that I would like to talk about to you later on”, he admitted. He was speaking of his wanting to put the young man in contact with Faith Augustin who conducted similar research, although he decided to keep that to himself, for the time being. He had not decided to do so out of pity – he hardly ever did anything just because he pitied someone – but because he truly believed that it would be worthwhile.

“That being said, I found both of your answers quite interesting, gentlemen. I cannot help but wonder what the last question will be though”, he remarked, hoping that his competitors would take the opportunity and talk about their work or speculate about what would happen after their intermission was over now rather than continue to argue. He himself would not talk anymore unless one of them decided to address him directly though, but listen and ultimately wait for them to be called back on stage and for a decision to be made.
word count: 1428

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Cyrus
Approved Character
Race: Ellune
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

43 Vhalar 720

Doran struck the Ellune as arrogant.

Detached, perhaps, to those who weren't as affluent or educated. Both of which, the mortal born appeared to be. Now, when Cyrus asked a direct question, the son of Ziell turned it into a political move to sway the audience in his favor - He would answer Common for consideration of their sweet ears. He was, after all, merely being thoughtful! - Cyrus scoffed softly, shaking his head. For all his pomp and circumstance, had it never occurred to such an educated man how entitled that was? Cyrus had asked him a question. It should be Cyrus he answered. Instead, he turned it into a challenge.

The stakes were simple. If Cyrus cared so much, why not do something about it?

He leaned forward with eyes as hard and cold as the frozen mountains, jaw clenched in growing frustration. For someone apparently so concerned with culture, why was he not submitting to the Eidisi values and speaking in the proper tongue? Even Cyrus was born from Treidhart and had adopted their language. And in academia where Yvithia and Tried reigned supreme? Accepted in the city or not, Common simply felt disrespectful.

Doran was disrespectful.

He just hid it well.

"Very good," Cyrus said sharply, his breath rolling with it a cloud of frost, ignoring the request to continue this part of the discussion to after the debate was concluded, "You say anyone - mortal or Immortal - not like this, you would stop?" the Ellune raised a brow, smiling although it was without mirth, "Very good," he repeated, serious, "I do not like."

Haven't his people suffered enough from the experiments of others? They were test subjects no longer. And the idea of being this man's educator irritated him, "No future. You need help now!" he clenched his fist, struggling to maintain his composure. What the giant wanted to do was stand up and storm across the stage. It didn't matter how thoroughly Doran could beat him bloody- the issue was about honor. The Common words chosen made the Ellune struggle. Intricately. Perspective. Controversies. Passionate. It all sounded overly frivolous for the miner. If Doran wanted a discussion, Cyrus would say his piece and it would not be dismissed as an outburst. The meeting might have been for academia but it could affect them all, "You appropriate us without thought! It is not my responsibility to educate a candidate for leadership after an issue is taken! You should have educated yourself before you even began. Now, you profit, either by coin or by name," Even if all this work was for a charitable donation, Doran was the one getting the credit. He was the one people would talk about, "And all I hear are your words but their sound is empty." Did this man seek advisors or test subjects?

Cyrus didn't understand Doran, This is my offer," the giant shifted from his position on the floor, the ice that had reformed along his shoulders cracking shards that skittered across the floor, "If you want to learn, I will teach you. And, in exchange, you will do as I instruct."

Just in case everyone needed to understand... Cyrus thought cynically, unconvinced by the research. Yvithia he could understand permitting Doran's curiosities, but not a single one of his superiors had thought to challenge the proposal. It was shocking to him. Disappointing. It was why he had to speak now.

"Leave the Ellune alone."

Now, here was a question for the mortalborn, "Do you accept?"
ooc information
Welp, I lied. I didn't forsee Cyrus behaving like this and for that, I'm sorry (only a little bit though). I promise he's a laid-back dude with only a few things he feels very strongly on. It just so happens genetic testing is one of them. Who knew?

P.s: Blue text is common.
word count: 653
Tempest
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes

Events

A Storm is Coming...

Trandino smiled when Doran exited the stage as well before moving to the middle of the stage. Since the professor had stepped away the current Dean decided to answer in his place until the man returned. Cyrus had posed many valuable and interesting questions. He was sure if the man took Doran’s offer there was no telling where the research would go.

“Your questions have been quite amazing sir. I can assure you we will inform Professor Thetys of your rebuttal and allow him a chance to respond when we reconvene. Everyone please feel free to stretch your legs. We will continue in five bits time,” Trandino stated.

With that the dean stepped off the stage to get something to drink while the other deans on the panel moved as well. There was a mix of just walking to stretch their legs and others grouped together discussing who would return to the stage. Given that only three were even nominated for the position not many even expected Yvilas to be asked back to the stage. It was the mysterious third question and how Doran and Micaus would answer that had everyone abuzz.

In the meantime, Trandino made his way back to the room where the three men were at to let Doran know of Cyrus’ counteroffer. He stood quietly outside the room where no one could see him as he heard Micaus making fun of Yvilas for being nervous while on stage. The dean shook his head such treatment was not necessary. Someone had seen a leader in the younger man even past the nerves. It was not his place to put him down. A smile appeared when Doran stepped in and helped calm him down while reassuring the young man. That in his mind was how a true dean was supposed to act around others.

After taking a few deep breathes Yvilas looked up at Doran, “thank you. I have not been in front of so many people before. It will get easier though as I work through the nerves.”

“Excuse me, Doran may I speak with you for a moment privately?” Trandino asked after clearing his throat. If the professor chose to step out with him, the man would inform him of the rebuttal from Cyrus, “I wanted to make sure you were aware of his counteroffer to stop work on the Ellune potion in order to gain his assistance. We will be starting again in two bits time if you would like to go ahead to the stage. I am going to bring Micaus back with us as well.”

After he had told Doran what Cyrus had proposed, the man stepped back into the room with Yvilas and Micaus. With a gentle tone he apologized to Yvilas about not being chosen to return. The younger man quickly dismissed such things because in his heart and body language it was clear he was not ready for the position. Trandino walked back on to the stage before the two men and called for everyone to settle back down for the final part of the debate. After welcoming Doran and Micaus back the two were greeted by only two podiums on the stage at slight angles.

“Now before we have the last question be asked. I believe it is only fair to let Professor Thetys answer Cyrus’ counteroffer. Professor if you would like,” Trandino motioned for him to answer while stepping back as Micaus does the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the Doran and Cyrus had finally finished their dealings, Trandino stood back up and walked over to where he had been the entire debate. He motioned for Micaus to step forward once more as well to finish the debate. Clearing his voice as the crowd quieted down to hear what the deans were wanting to know and how the candidates would answer there was a tension in the air.

“This may come across as a two in one question, but both are interconnected with each other. What are your plans for the academy’s interaction with its sister campuses and new academies wishing to open?” Trandino asked looking at the two men, “Micaus your answer first.”

If it had been quiet before it had become deathly silent. Even the other deans had stopped making notes giving both men their undivided attention. The heads of the families watched with bated breath to know the answer as well. Would they be able to use the new dean to their advantage?

Micaus had a shocked look on his face when the final question had to do with sister campuses and new campuses. He had never imagined the other deans were thinking such things. And suddenly found himself completely unprepared for such an idea. His mouth was dry as he tried to come up with an answer knowing it could be the pivotal moment to solidify his deanship.

“Why, nothing of course. The Viden academy is the standard for learning among the world of Idalos. If we were to openly start interacting between campuses that would diminish our name,” Micaus stated, “new campuses? We do plenty with the campuses already open. I see no reason to open other campuses.”

The deans still did not move to make notes as they watched. Most held their poker faces not letting the two men see their reactions. Only one or two scrunched up their noses as if Micaus had disappointed them. The heads of the families began whispering almost inaudibly that he was too old school to be a dean. That a new, younger, more open mind was needed to lead the academy. Suddenly all eyes turned to Doran when Trandino got everyone to quiet down once again and motioned for him to proceed.

word count: 960
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Perhaps, the Mortalborn considered when he returned to the stage after Trandino had informed him of the Ellune’s “offer” – he had of course thanked the dean for letting him know – his initial assessment had not been entirely correct. Rather than continuing to discuss the matter in private and in more detail as would have been the better option, he had simply continued, and he seemed to consider it appropriate and entirely unproblematic to force him to make a decision that would have far-reaching consequences on the spur of a moment.

The son of Ziell was hopeful and preferred to see the best in people rather than always assuming the worst of them. At least he did so nowadays. In his opinion, everybody had at least a bit of potential. The Ellune was without a doubt passionate and cared, at least about his own people, but he was, quite obviously, prone to frustration, prone to quick anger and twisting somebody’s words, and rather biased. Such traits could of course be worked on, but they clouded his initial impression that had been positive, for the most part, somewhat.

He did not let anybody know that though as he stepped forward in order to speak once more. Unlike Cyrus, he remained calm, composed and controlled. He did not clench his fists, and he did not clench his jaw in frustration, although he found it somewhat ludicrous that the Ellune had apparently insisted that he needed help now. Cyrus’ concerns had without a doubt not been unimportant – he did not change his mind in that regard - but the members of the Academy had done him a favour by letting him speak, nevertheless. He did not know him, but he doubted that he had ever been a student here.

That was only a minor issue at best though – you did not need a degree in order to be knowledgeable or educated. What irritated the Mortalborn the most about the little quasi-tirade that he had been informed about, although he did again, not show it openly – unlike the Ellune he had good manners - was that the other man made insane demands and told him to stop something that the Institute of Sciences and Yvithia herself had not had a problem with and had apparently not even bothered to read his thesis or educate himself on his research beforehand. Did he really think that his opinion was more important than Yvithia’s or Trandino’s?

“You spoke about me profiting and seem to imply that I am the only one getting credit, among other things. If you had familiarized yourself with my research, you would know that this is not true. Any volunteer, any scientist that helped me with my research, any blood donor, I mentioned their contribution, provided that they wanted me to do so – or offered to reward them in other ways. You will be able to find their names if you open my thesis. I can provide you with a copy”, he told him in a calm and slightly dry tone of voice and met his gaze. Cyrus might consider him to be arrogant, but he simply pointed out the flaws in his thinking.

“Furthermore, you insisted that I should have educated myself beforehand. I spoke about learning more”, he reminded him which was an important distinction in his opinion – as was the fact that he had used the past tense when he had spoken of people taking issue with his work. Nobody had, and the initial research was finished. Unlike Cyrus, he was not particularly interested in arguing in public and disrupting an important meeting though. He would not suddenly ignore the other man’s concerns either though, especially not since Dean Trandino had apparently approved of his questions. It was good that he was concerned – or it would have been, if he had actually listened or familiarized himself with his research beforehand, really familiarized himself.

“I offered to discuss the matter with you in private after the debate is over so that we have more time”, he spoke. “That offer still stands. Are you interested?” he wanted to know in the same calm and polite tone of voice as before. Unlike Cyrus, he had used Common, the most frequently spoken language in Viden, the entire time now. The Ancient Language was the language of scholars, that was true, but he would not exclude any member of the audience from this conversation, either on purpose or by accident.

~~~

No matter whether Cyrus accepted or declined his offer, the debate eventually continued. Trandino’s third – and apparently last – question impressed him, he had to admit and increased the opinion that he had of his superior further. Trandino did not only think about Viden, but about the world beyond. Micaus, he observed, as he glanced at his one remaining competitor, looked shocked though. He had obviously not expected that, and what more, he did not seem to think that there was any merit to Trandino’s question.

Doran nodded at him encouragingly regardless though.

When Micaus admitted that he did not have any plans and thought nothing of opening new campuses, the expression on his face remained carefully polite and neutral. He looked at his competitor for a moment before he let his gaze drift over the audience in order to see what they were thinking. That was important to find out, although he would not change his reply to match their expectations. He preferred to be true to himself.

“I believe that there is a lot to be gained from interacting with our sister campuses and intensifying our relations with them”, he spoke when it was his turn. He looked at all of them as he spoke rather than just Trandino, so that they would know that his answer was meant for all of them. “Just a few seasons ago, Faith Augustin who founded the Institute for Innovation in Rharne visited Viden, for example, and defended her thesis here. I held guest lectures in Scalvoris myself, and I plan on visiting Rharne in a few trials in order to discuss the upcoming science fair. As some of you know, I also used to teach at Rynmere University before the civil war”, he continued. He did not mention those things in order to brag about his international experience, but so that they knew that what he said was based on facts.

“Micaus thinks that interaction between campuses would diminish our name. I believe that the opposite is true and that it will in fact increase our reputation further. Viden is the foremost centre of knowledge in Idalos, but in order to increase our knowledge and grow even more we need to continue to reach out to the world beyond Viden’s borders. They knew things that we don’t. How do you think that the Academy became what it is to-trial? By being isolated?” he asked which was a mostly rhetorical question, a question that he did not expect an answer to.

“Yvithia herself shared her knowledge willingly during the early arcs of Viden, when the Academy first opened”, he pointed out. He had been alive during those early arcs. He had already been alive when the Academy of Viden had opened its doors to students. His knowledge came from actual, personal experience rather than from books.

“And besides, do people in other parts of the world not deserve the same standards of knowledge and education that we do?” he asked and paused briefly in order to give the audience time to consider that question and the other things that he had said so far before he continue,

“If I were to become dean, I would continue to do what I’ve already begun. I would regularly interact with my colleagues at our sister campuses and visit them – the Eclipse Portals fortunately provide easy access to our sister campuses – and foster joint research projects and events as well as support those that wish to come to Viden, or spend some time abroad. As for opening new academies, that is something that is ultimately up to the Chancellor and Lady Yvithia, of course. My personal opinion is that it is something that should be considered though, and that cities that wish to open academies of their own should be supported”, he finished before he nodded at Trandino and Micaus, stepped back and waited for a decision to be made.
Notes
IC evidence of Doran offering to mention his volunteers' names in his work/talking about it can be found here and here, for example.
word count: 1432

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Tempest
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes

Events

A Storm is Coming...

The crowd waited with bated breath as the man began to speak. He had first addressed Cyrus before focusing on the debate itself. Trandino nodded happy to see how Doran had stood his ground when it came to discussing things more after the debate. It showed that the professor had the ability to stand his ground even when someone was challenging him. A smile appeared on his face when Doran answered the way that he did. It was clear that the older man had high hopes for what the younger dean planned to do. Of course, that was only in his mind, there was no way for him to know who the panel preferred.

Though the few that turned up their nose when Micaus gave his response gave the man hope. He wanted the deanship for Doran almost as bad as Doran. Or so he believed of course. The man had to quell his excitement as the professor gave his answer. He would be lying if Trandino did not say that he was impressed with the answer that came from Doran. The man was willing to continue reaching out with events hosted by the academy. The dean could no longer hold back and smiled brightly showing his approval at the answer that had been given. When it was clear that Doran had finished his answer, Trandino stepped down and whispered to the panel before returning to the stage.

“Thank you both gentlemen. If you will take a seat in the chairs and give the panel a moment to discuss. I will call you both back up to the podiums when they give me a name,” Trandino stated.

He stepped off the stage and listened silently as the panel huddled together. They kept their information and opinions very quiet almost appearing to just stare at each other. The heads of the families were not keeping their talk too low. They were clearly all more intrigued by Doran rather than Micaus. Was it for their own reasons? Or was it truly for the betterment of the city? Only time would tell, for the moment all the two could do was wait. It was not long before the panel moved back to the table they had been sitting at. After learning who they chose, Trandino walked back on to the stage and waved for the two men to return to the podiums.

“Before we learn who the panel has chosen, I want to thoroughly thank everyone for attending the debate. It has been a great honor to have our three candidates with us. Each of them has brought their own views to the questions to prove their worth. Not just to the panel but also for the people of Viden,” Trandino said with a smirk, “without further a due the new dean of the science division is….. Doran Thetys!”

A round of applause could be heard from the audience. After several moments, the man raised his hand and the crowd quieted down.

“Thank you everyone being here today. Welcome to your new position as Dean, Doran Thetys. It will be an honor to see how you move into this next phase. This concludes the debate! Everyone is dismissed to go about their day or speak with the candidates,” Trandino said and walked over shaking Doran’s hand in congratulations as Micaus stormed off, “give him some time and he will come around. He has been after this position for a while now.”

The man dismissed himself afterwards as the crowd half left and the other half was talking with each other looking at the new dean. It was clear there was an excitement in the air.

word count: 617
Tempest
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes

Events

Name: Doran

Knowledge:
  • Cyrus: has new questions and ideas
  • Cyrus: passionate about his people
  • Etiquette: 3
  • Leadership: 4
  • Negotiation: 3
  • Psychology: 2
  • Rhetoric: 2
  • Socialization: 2

Loot: Doran has been named the new dean of Sciences!
    Injuries: none
    Renown: +15
    Magic XP: none

- - -
    Comments: Well! It has been a long ride, but I am so impressed with how Doran handled himself. Even when he was challenged he did not stop or falter. That will serve him very well in his new position at the academy! Congratulations it has been a pleasure to work with you on this.

Name: Cyrus

Knowledge:
    • Doran: offered a position to help
    • Interrogation: do you ask permission
    • Interrogation: what if the enemy were to get the potions
    • Negotiation: make a counter offer
    • Viden: doesn't change leadership at the academy often
    • Discipline: controlling your anger when speaking
    • Intelligence: do what you are passionate about
    • Psychology: observing the way people speak in front of crowds
    • Rhetoric: telling someone what you really think

Loot: none
      Injuries: none
      Renown: +10
      Magic XP: none

- - -
      Comments: Well hello Cyrus. It was great to have you as part of the debate. You asked some very good questions. It has been a pleasure to mod for you. I hope to do it again very soon. As well as see if Cyrus will meet with Doran again on day.

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thanks!
word count: 255
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City of Viden”