Rylik Topic is solved

This is the final resting place of approved dev pieces. Items in here have been placed in the appropriate repositories / indexes / forums etc.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Rei'sari
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rylik

Rylik:
Created by: Rei'sari
Race: Sev'ryn
Birthday/Age: 37th Saun, 676
Title: Glassblower
Skills: Art: Competent, Glassblowing: Expert, Polearms & Staves: Expert, Ranged Combat: Expert, Sculpting: Competent
Details: Rylik was born a slave. As a child and a teenager, he was big and strong for his age, so those traits were encouraged by his master. He was trained to become a bodyguard for a wealthy merchant, and he was very good at what he did. He was also used in fights that his master (and others) would bet on. His master was very good to him, and upon the merchant's death of old age, Rylik was freed.

Rylik did not know what he wanted to do with himself once he was freed, but he did know that he did not want to keep fighting for a living anymore. When he came to Egilrun, he fell in love with the beautiful glass that was made there, and he apprenticed himself to a master glassblower. Since then, he has gotten a job at the Glassblower's Guild. Even now, he believes that a fit body leads to a fit mind, and he keeps up with his weapon training in order to keep his body fit. These trials he keeps his body fit partly because it helps him with his work as a glassblower.

Rylik has a charm about him that makes it easy to like him. He is always happy to talk to his craft to anyone who will listen. He is even happier to learn new glassblowing techniques and to pass on what he knows already to someone who shares his love of the craft if they are also a part of the Glassblower's Guild.

Last edited by Rei'sari on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 294
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Re: Rylik

Hey Rei - I checked in with Peg regarding specifics on the Glassblower's Guild and there's a few hang ups. He apparently wouldn't be a Master Glassblower, and the Guild wouldn't allow the teaching or lessons outside the Guild. As these are supposed to be Guild employees and will be put into the location, they have to conform to that.
He is always happy to talk to his customers when he isn't busy making something for his shop.
If he's employed by the Guild, he wouldn't have his own shop.

One other minor thing - I get that his purpose is Glassblowing at the Guild, but the write up feels a bit off with so much attention on his weapons skills and philosophy about fighting. While we don't want characters to be one-dimensional, if these are Glassblowing Guild location npcs, they really should focus on their skills in that arena.

That's all I got right now! I'll check back in soon!
word count: 170
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I've made the changes you mentioned.
word count: 7
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

I'd say the issue was addressed! Looks good to me. Approved!
word count: 12
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Completed Development”