• Mature • Daddy Issues

4th of Ashan 721

Gunvorton used to be a rather nondescript and unimportant area in Scalvoris. However, it's logistical importance and tactical use became more and more evident following the shadow beast attacks of Vhalar 716 and, since then, Gunvorton has become much more influential and important to the residents of Scalvoris. It has several docks and piers, a few warehouses, two barracks and a stable. It is used primarily as a landing point for supplies which are then brought overland to the Tower and Scalvoris Proper via one of two roads found on the Island.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Zana
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Living a libertine lifestyle.
Renown: 294
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Daddy Issues

4th Ashan, 721
At least, she thought, it was no longer dark and soggy and muggy. She positively hated the season of Cylus. All those cold trials which required her to wear things which simply increased her size and failed to accentuate her wonderous figure. Zana Delroth hated being forced to make clothing choices because of something so foolish as weather - she would much rather that she simply got on with wearing what she wanted. It wasn't even that she didn't look ravishing in a warm and snuggly sweater - because of course she did. She simply loathed the lack of choice which extremes of weather posed.

So, she was glad when Ashan came in because at least then there was natural light by which she could apply her make up and choose her clothing. The vain young woman was, to-trial, wearing a yellow dress with a wide belt beneath a high waist. The skirt was short, although she'd worn a lot shorter, and it had a scallop neckline. She looked good in it, she knew, and so Zana had piled up her hair ~ because that worked with this neckline ~ and made her way downstairs.

She'd left Theo in bed, sleeping soundly. They'd been awake until very early and the poor boy was all tuckered out, Zana thought with a self-satisfied smile. She, however, was hungry, and so she'd come down to the dining room. The woman who walked in to the dining room was extraordinarily beautiful and she dressed to her absolute best. It was relatively early in the morning, although not very early, but her make up was applied perfectly, her hair exquisite. She walked over to a table - the one where they usually sat - and her hips swayed gently as she walked. The gentle sound of her high heels against the floor tapped out in time to her walk and Zana knew that more than one of the men in the room watched her.

That was good, as far as she was concerned. They should.

Standing at the table she waited, apparently patiently, until the male server rushed over and, with an apology, pulled her chair back for her. Zana lifted a handkerchief to the side of her mouth, then nodded at him and smiled. "Thank you, dear boy," she said, softly. Then, she slid gracefully into the chair and smiled in pleasure as he seated her. "Just an orange juice please, dear one, and whatever chef thinks I'll like." She patted the serving lad on the arm and he scurried to comply.

Once she had her drink, Zana glanced around the room. A number of people were watching her, she noticed. That was normal. They were mostly the men-folk and that was normal too. She didn't really pay any attention to anyone in particular but then one, specifically, caught her eye.

Ice blue eyes gazed at Devin and travelled the whole length of him. She seemed to be drinking in the sight of him and her lips parted slightly as she bit her lower lip and then smiled. Raising the orange juice to him in a salute from across the room, she spoke in a voice so low that it would be hard to make out the words, though her mouth movements were clear. "Good morning," she said. Then, she gestured to the empty chair opposite her and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

Love is a temple, love is shrine, love is pure and love is blind.
Buy some love from the candy store. Get it on credit if you need some more
word count: 606
PC is currently inactive. I hope to bring her back soon!
Devin
Approved Character
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Daddy Issues

Devin had come to the decision that Gunvorton sucked. When a reasonably wealthy gentleman had asked him for his medical advice and practically begged him to treat him, he had jumped at the chance. He liked that he was so famous that people in other parts of the island knew him now. The man’s problem had turned out to be rather conventional though – there had been no magic and no gruesome deformities involved – and what more, the village itself had little to offer in the ways of entertainment, although it was not quite as dull as Beacon. Beacon was and would always be the most boring settlement on Idalos!

The only really good thing about Gunvorton was the room that he had rented at the Home & Hearth. It was in fact an awesome room. He had rented an Elite Room, of course, because only the best was good enough for him in his opinion. It had a really big and nice and comfortable bed with lots of pillows, a stone fireplace and a bathroom with a big bathtub that he had practically jumped into the moment he had returned from his patient. He also liked that the sun was finally shining again. He hadn’t been too fond of the darkness and the rain and the constant risk of running into things because he couldn’t see much!

Since he had enjoyed the bathtub so much, he had taken another bath the following morning, immediately after he had woken up, before he had brushed his hair, put a shiny hair accessory that was made of silver and gold into it (and a bit of glitter, because everything was better with glitter in his opinion) and changed into a different outfit. The one that he had arrived in smelled like a combination of sick people and medicine now. That was not a particularly pleasant smell!

He had decided on a rather extravagant and fashionable black jacket with purple details (they were the exact color of his eyes) that was cut in a slightly military fashion and had a high collar, and on tight-fitting black pants. The sleeves of his slightly frilly shirt were rolled up so that the feather-like markings on his arms were visible. He liked showing his mark off. In his opinion, Delroth’s mark needed to be shown off all the time!

He had initially planned on spending some time in his room, relaxing and maybe drinking a bit or smoking one of the cigars that he had brought with him, but then he had suddenly started to get hungry. When his stomach started to grumble in a noticeable and slightly unappealing fashion, he grabbed his wallet and his lute (he planned on entertaining the other patrons with a bit of music after breakfast) and made his way downstairs.

From what he had heard, the Home & Hearth’s cheeseboards were quite delicious.

He couldn’t wait to try one of them!

Having plopped down on a chair at a table that looked nice quite unceremoniously, he let his gaze drift across the room as well as the rest of the patrons. One of them especially caught his attention. She was extraordinarily beautiful (although she was not as beautiful as he was, of course), and she had quite an interesting style. He looked at her, quirking a dark eyebrow, his violet eyes twinkling. When she raised her glass, he raised the glass of wine that one of the servers had just brought for him as well, grinning as he did so and meeting her gaze.

A moment later, he grabbed his lute (an archlute with fourteen courses) that was lying on the chair next to him with one hand and walked over to her, the glass of wine in his other hand. “Good morning to you as well”, he greeted her in a friendly tone of voice and took a seat.

After he had set his lute and his drink down, he extended a hand with fingers that ended in sharp and shiny black nails (the result of an encounter with a Grafter) and introduced himself. “I’m Devin, Devin Thorn, bard, doctor and priest of Delroth. I’m visiting Gunvorton because someone needed my medical expertise. What brings you here, if I may ask? I really like what you’ve done with your hair, by the way”, he complimented her and flashed her a brilliant smile.

word count: 741

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The interesting man ~ the oh so interesting man walked over and Zana's eyes did not deviate from watching him every step of the way. Her unashamed appraisal of him continued as he sat opposite her and then she smiled. As he offered his hand, she slid hers into his and her ice-blue eyes regarded him carefully. "Indeed you are," she said, her voice a gentle almost-purr. "A priest of Delroth. And a good one, I imagine. With your marvellous looks," leaning forward she smiled. "I knew you were, you know, as soon as I saw you."

Then, Zana sat back and she examined him, considered him. Evidently, whatever criteria she applied to that evaluation of him were ones which found him passable, as she graced him with a smile. "My hair? Oh, you're so kind," she paused just a moment and bit her lower lips just for a trill. "Doctor." Somehow, Zana made the word sound suggestive. "I always think that my neck is one of my best features. Soft skin, long neck and oh so very tempting." One perfectly manicured finger trailed down from her jaw, down her neck and to the shoulder of her dress. "So it's very kind of you to notice. I'm flattered. Which is always a good thing, I do so enjoy the sensation."

Lifting her hand, Zana touched her finger to the side of her lips and said, after some consideration. "In fairness, there are very few sensations I don't enjoy. But, where are my manners?" Soft lips lifted as she turned her smile to him once more. "Zana Delroth," she said. "So named after my father." Her eyes watched him and she did her best to gauge his reaction. She was never backwards about coming forwards with such information, Zana was very proud of who she was and what she stood for. Mostly, Zana was very proud of herself. From the moment she woke in the morning to the moment she felt sleep overwhelm her, Zana's biggest fan was, of course, Zana.

"And tell me, Doctor Devin," she asked, softly. There was something about her which made Zana just seem ... amused. She was. He was young, and eager and so very sparkly. But, there was something that was a certainty in her eyes and that was that he too was the child of an Immortal. Which one, she didn't know, but if he was the son of Delroth, that would mean he was her brother. And, that would be a shame. A girl had to have some standards, but he was quite the appealing specimen.

"Who's your parent?" Zana asked, raising an eyebrow. "Which one of them? It must be someone like ... hmm. Edasha, perhaps? Because you are quite beautiful." Then she added, just in case it needed saying. "Although, of course, just being in my presence makes you look better. I bet you Daddy simply loves you."

Lifting her orange juice to her lips, Zana regarded him and waited to hear what his answer was.

You're daddy's dream, you're a peach in cream and you're finally ripe at last
But when you hit the sheets you just turn to trash
word count: 542
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“I am“, Devin replied brightly when Zana told him that she imagined him to be a good priest of Delroth and leaned forward slightly as well, his violet eyes practically sparkling with delight. “Delroth personally asked me to restore his shrine – which I immediately did, of course. I traveled all the way to Desnind in order to procure decorations for it and braved the jungle and the dangerous creatures in it in the process. If you ever find yourself in Scalvoris Town, I’d love to give you a tour”, he offered, smiling and met her gaze before he leaned back slightly again in order to simply regard her, one arm draped across the backrest of his chair. Normally, his interest in women that didn’t have wings was next to non-existent, but there was just something about Zana, something that he found oh so fascinating. And what more, she complimented his marvelous looks which was something that pleased him extraordinarily!

Very tempting”, he agreed, flashed her a brilliant smile and proceeded to watch her as she trailed a finger down her neck. He was aware of the fact that she was most likely just toying with him, but he didn’t mind. On the contrary, he enjoyed it, tremendously so. There was a lot about Zana that reminded him of himself, of a female, less mutated version of himself. He had never met a woman like her before, a woman that seemed to possess the same kind of vanity and pride, and that … he was just about to comment on the sensation of flattery which was one of his favourite sensations in the entire world when she introduced herself and claimed that she was none other than Delroth’s daughter.

One of his dark eyebrows immediately rose, and his mouth formed a small “o” for a moment. He had to admit that that was not something that he had ever expected to hear!

For a moment, he couldn’t help but wonder if she was actually being serious. He had pretended to be a noble on occasion, after all, even though he wasn’t really one, because he was ashamed of his childhood in Lowtown and thought that he deserved a better past. She didn’t seem to be lying though.

For a moment, he couldn’t help but wonder if he should bow to her, very deeply, or drop to his knees – he had knelt in front of her father after all - but in the end, he just smiled at her, the most charming and radiant kind of smile that he was capable of. “I’ve met your father, and you truly are his daughter, Zana Delroth. You resemble him a great deal”, he remarked, unable to curb his excitement entirely because Delroth was his favourite Immortal, and she was his daughter which was absolutely fantastic in his opinion. What he had to her said was more than just flattery. There really was something about Zana that reminded him of him - and besides, which woman didn’t want to be compared to an Immortal, especially the best-looking Immortal of all?

When she asked him who his parent was, he replied in a casual tone of voice, without really thinking about as he more or less assuming it to be part of the game, “I used to wonder if I was related to Edasha, but really, I think it’s more likely that I’m Ziell’s son. I can see the future”, he proudly proclaimed, expecting her to be appropriately impressed. It was a rare gift, after all, and one that could possibly change the fate of Idalos. He was frequently insecure about his ability, because he wasn’t sure how to handle it, because it could, potentially, involve a lot of unpleasant responsibilities, and because seeing the future always made him nauseous (which he hated), but that was something that he conveniently decided to overlook now. Admitting that you were insecure was not a lot of fun and not particularly attractive either!

With that thought in mind, he took a sip from his glass of wine, savouring the taste. A moment later, the young man who had been very casual and relaxed before, abruptly did a double take. There had been something about the tone of her voice and the look in her eyes that briefly made him wonder, that made him hope, because he had always dreamed of being more than a maid’s son who had grown up in the worst part of Andaris. It was impossible though. He was frequently a little out of touch with reality and tended to overestimate himself, but not enough in order to be unaware of the fact that the likelihood of a boy from Lowtown really being an Immortal’s son was incredibly small.

Still, there was something, something that he couldn’t really point a finger at. Zana seemed interested in his answer, more than made sense if she were just joking (or flirting with him). He looked up at her, tracing his glass thoughtfully with a finger for a little bit, before he asked in a tone of voice that was meant to be casual, but that was tinged with just a hint of curiosity, and soft, “Can you really tell if someone is an Immortal’s child? Can you really tell if someone possesses a connection to the divine? Balthazar tried to attune to me once, but it made him overstep terribly and he suffered from magical tinnitus for the rest of the trial. He thought that my ability had something to do with the Immortals rather than the magical tree in the Sweetwine Woods, but he didn’t seem to be able to tell me more”, he admitted.

word count: 966

Appearance

• Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Daddy Issues
Delroth personally asked him? Zana smiled and nodded. "Daddy is quite the marvel, isn't he?" Of course, he was her father, and this was one of his priests. Which, Zana thought, meant that this wonderfully devout little fellow should, in fact, worship her just a little. Her lips twitched as she watched him and she thought about all the ways he could worship her. Hmm. Yes, she hoped he wasn't her brother. He most certainly seemed keen and the way his eyes followed her finger trailing down her neck, the way that he said that she was very tempting? Those delighted Delroth's daughter.

The look on his face, though, that delighted her more and when he said that she looked like her father, Zana beamed. "I do, don't I? Looking into his eyes it was wonderous." She bestowed a smile upon Devin and she considered that, in fairness, she quite appreciated how obviously in awe of - and impressed by - her he was. She liked that in a man. "The first time I met him, he gave me his blessing too. I think," she said, thoughtfully, "that means that -of all his children, I'm his favourite. I expect you're quite his favourite priest, you know." Ice-blue eyes regarded him and Zana moistened her lower lip with her tongue. "Doctor. Priest. Incredibly handsome. Well, aren't you just the catch? My ..." a pause, just a slight pause, "husband will need to stay on his toes, lest you swoop in." He'd be welcome to swoop any time he liked, she thought.

Zana was an intrinsically self-involved individual, and she watched Devin with interest. He didn't know, she thought. He didn't know for sure what he was. That was - in Zana's mind - an incredible cruelty. From the moment she was born, being Delroth's daughter had been fundamental to Zana's identity. She was more than the other mortals and everyone around her knew it. Her mother had been chosen by Delroth himself to provide him with a daughter. More than that? She had lived a mortal lifespan and those around her had died. Devin would not grow old and those he knew would.

So, that he did not know his heritage was a serious problem.

Equally, it wasn't - in any way - her problem. So, Zana wasn't going to get too hung up about it. Listening to what he said, she raised an eyebrow. "Well, darling, if you listen to someone whose parents voluntarily named him Balthazar, what do you expect?" Frankly, either his parents needed to be assigned personal carers, to be arrested for crimes against taste, or they hated their child. Maybe, she thought, it was a case of a bit of all three. Either way. "He tried to attune to you? He's just a mage, and frankly, they're twelve a nel in comparison to you or I." She smiled and sat back, looking at him. Oh, she thought, this was what being charitable was like. She didn't think she'd ever get used to it, or choose it usually, but Devin was not on a priest of her father (which made him sensible in her eyes, nothing more). But he was also the child of an Immortal.

Just like her.

"We are the children of Immortals, Doctor," she said, ice blue eyes shining. "Look at me. Really look at me. Note how different I am from everyone else you have ever met. Relish in my beauty and note the wonder that is me." She smiled, wickedly. "Then, try and recognise that I am different to those around me." A sweet smile was sent his way. "Look, Devin. Look at me and see. Truly see." She shrugged slightly. "And then, you'll understand that I see the same thing when I look at you. Do you really have no idea?" Sitting back, she regarded him. "You have power. You do. Tell me what it is?" She grinned at him wickedly. "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."
word count: 687
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“He really is. Delroth is absolutely incredible and amazing“, the wonderfully devout little fellow proclaimed with utter conviction because it needed to be said in his opinion, over and over again, because Delroth deserved to be worshipped with every fibre of your being. The only reason why he curbed his enthusiasm for the Immortal of Vanity a tiny, tiny bit was the fact that his daughter was sitting right opposite of him at the moment, his daughter who was so beautiful that would have taken his breath away, if he had never looked into a mirror and seen his own face, and whose eyes seemed to look right into his soul.

In his opinion, she should be worshipped a little as well!

“You have his eyes”, he told her and beamed at her when she said that looking into Delroth’s eyes had been wondrous. “They remind me of diamonds, of blue diamonds which are among the rarest and most expensive gemstones that exist in the world of Idalos”, he continued. That was more than just mere flattery. Unlike his eyes that were magical and unique because of it, her eyes were entirely natural, from what he could tell, but they were beautiful, nevertheless. They were in fact, incredibly beautiful!

He was, he had to admit, quite fascinated with her. He practically hung at her lips as she talked to him, in fact. She seemed to know exactly what he wanted to hear. Delroth’s favourite priest? Yes please! And incredibly handsome? Of course, he already knew that he was an incredibly handsome man, but it was nice to hear someone else say it, nevertheless!

He just hoped that she wasn’t married. He absolutely loved to flirt, but he wasn’t sure if committing adultery was a good idea, even though he appreciated Edasha a great deal otherwise. He didn't want to hurt anybody and ruin their marriage. He just wanted to have fun!

When she suddenly mentioned that her husband would need to stay on his toes, he paused for the briefest of moments for that reason, furrowing his brow very, very lightly, before he came to the decision that, since she didn’t seem to have a problem with it, he wouldn’t have a problem with it either!

“We could see what happens if I swoop in”, he suggested with a smile. A moment later, when she criticized Balthazar, he was tempted to tell her that Balthazar was hot and electric and absolutely handsome, thank you very much. But then he remembered that Balthazar had not been interested in him, and she did kind of have a point when it came to his name. And besides, a mage was nothing compared to Delroth's daughter, and to be honest … he forgot what he had wanted to say or think when he heard her next words. She really seemed to think that he was a child of an Immortal rather than a victim of an unfortunate accident with a magical tree or somebody who had secretly been marked!

He wanted to be one, from the bottom of his heart – he had always wanted to be more than just human - but if he was a Mortalborn which of his parents was the Immortal? Had Edasha played the part of a maid and put up with a judge and his bratty daughters for more than twenty arcs? Had Ziell disguised himself as a poor builder from Lowtown?

Which Immortal in their right mind would ever do such a thing when they could just pretend to be a king or a queen instead? It didn't make sense that anybody, least of all a divine being, would willingly subject themselves to the kind of life he had wanted to escape from!

Maybe his parents weren't really his parents though? He'd never liked his father particularly – that man was a waste of time and space - but he had always been rather fond of his mother who had sung so beautifully and told him such exciting adventure stories. And besides, he couldn't help but wonder why nobody had ever said a single word to him, and then ...

… and then he blinked, abruptly sat up a bit straighter and did what she asked of him next, more or less automatically, because his brain wasn't functioning properly at the moment (his thoughts alternated between almost grinding to a halt and racing at high speed).

He had already looked at her before, of course, a lot, in fact, because she was someone that you couldn't not look at. This time, he tried to look deeper though, below the surface, below the golden hair and the ice-blue eyes. She was a wonder, and she was marvelous, almost as marvelous as he was, in fact, but he wasn't sure what exactly she wanted him to see.

Delroth's daughter seemed to think that he was like her, and he really, really wanted to be like her. He had always hoped for a miracle like that to happen, since he had watched the nobles in Andaris and tried to imitate them. This was like a dream come true, and he was just so incredibly excited, unless she was ...

He was just wondering if this beautiful, beautiful woman was not just playing a cruel game with him, after all, even though he wasn’t sure why she should do that, when he finally saw ... something, a hint of something. In that moment, he understood. She was different from the people around them, as different as he was, and it was wonderful and incredible and absolutely amazing.

His eyes widened with sudden awareness.

"I see", he whispered, his violet eyes a hint wide before he admitted in a softer tone of voice, shaking his head slightly as he did so, "Nobody ever told me. I don’t know why."

A few moments later, he abruptly sat back a little as well, draped an arm across the backrest once more and looked at her, smiling a happy little smile as he did so. He tried to appear to be completely calm, relaxed and at ease, as if he were entirely in control of the situation at hand. He did not want her to know that he was in any way confused, even though he really, really was and just couldn’t understand why nobody had ever told him before!

That was nothing short of cruel!

"I can see the future, as I told you. I can see things before they really happen. I can tell you what will happen in Scalvoris in a seven-trial or a season, for example", he proclaimed. He had, once again, decided to overlook all the unpleasant aspects of his gift in favor of the amazing aspects of it that people were hopefully incredibly envious of.

"I'm a seer, just like Joelle – and Ziell", he explained, briefly wondering if he should claim that his being able to imitate voices perfectly was some sort of power as well rather than a result of his Becoming magic. But what if she could not only see if someone was the child of an Immortal? What if she could see ether as well? What if she figured out where that ability really came from? Besides, there were certain aspects of Becoming that were a little … disgusting. He didn’t want her to associate him with people that drank blood, ate bones, and changed into things that licked their own behind!

He’d never do anything like that!

“I’d like to see your power first, Zana Delroth. It is without a doubt amazing”, he gushed, gave her the most brilliant and charming smile that he was capable of and batted his eyelashes a little on top of it, before he stopped, because that might be too much.

He was really curious about what Delroth’s daughter could do though, incredibly curious, in fact – he had never seen a Mortalborn’s power in action before (He didn’t realize that witnessing his own power mean that he had, because they were the same!); and besides, he wasn’t sure how he should keep the unpleasant aspects of his gift from her yet.

Maybe he could just have a fake vision though?

word count: 1389

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Daddy Issues

When Devin said that she had Delroth's eyes, Zana smiled in utter contentment. "His eyes, your heart, but everything else is all my own," she replied. Genuinely, she could think of no greater compliment than to be likened to her father in any way, so the narcissistic mortalborn beamed. As for him 'swooping in', Zana's expression changed and she looked at him with a bit of a challenge, a bit of desire and a lot of amusement in her gaze. "Well, it would be intriguing. But, my darling Theo and I are upstanding moral citizens," it was not really like a moral, upstanding citizen to be sliding her foot up his leg under the table. But, she did, all while looking at him with a now-innocent and dutiful expression on her face. "I adore him. Truly." Looking at Devin with ice blue eyes, Zana considered that she very much liked his leg. "I wonder if there's anything else that's so interesting under there," she whispered and she beamed at him as she did.

But, he needed to concentrate so, she slipped her foot back into her shoe and she sat back as he looked at her. Watching him do it, she considered that she remembered the first time she had. It had been unnerving then, but now, it was merely another interesting diversion. Another source of pleasure - the pursuit of which was Zana's full time job. It took him a little while but he did have wonderfully promising legs and interesting eyes, so she forgave him for making her wait, even though he didn't really deserve it.

As his eyes widened and she saw him see, somehow, for the first time, her lips lifted in satisfaction. "Welcome home, Devin," she purred. "Welcome to the life you were born to." It was true, literally true, as far as Zana was concerned. And then, of all things, he asked for her to "show him hers". Zana's expression resembled a very well-satisfied cat as he did. "Well now, Devin," she said, quietly. "I would remind you that, sometimes, it's important to be careful what you wish for."

Once more, Zana slid her foot out of her shoe. She was a consumate] actress and, as her foot slid up his leg, she looked at him with pure innocence in her eyes. "Look at me, Doctor," she whispered and her stockinged foot moved up further than it had previously travelled. "Just look at me."

Zana Delroth was a woman who enjoyed physical pleasures. She was full of desire and lust and greed. More than that, she very much enjoyed the way that she was tormenting him and, of course, it gave her enormous delight. And so, when she looked in to his eyes and used her mortalborn ability, she gave the slightest gasp and then a slow, quiet, moan of absolute pleasure.

"Why, Doctor. How very wonderful you are," she said, and her gaze stayed on him. Then - because she wasn't quite the most cruel woman in the world, she blinked and looked out of the window. "Isn't it a beautiful world?" she said as she primly slid her foot back into her shoe.
the ability
When this power is activated, the Mortalborn focuses on one individual, reflecting both her and her targets' physical and emotional experience in a mutual increasing of sensation and feelings. In order to activate this, and to maintain it, Zana has to be in eye contact with the target of the ability, either by looking in their eyes or by meeting their gaze in a reflective surface.

This ability allows Zana to share, amplify and enhance the physical and emotional sensations in any shared experience with her experiencing what they do and them experiencing what she does in an ever-increasing spiral. From sex to an argument, it is an ability which continues to build in intensity whilst eye contact is maintained and she feels it as strongly as her target, and vice versa. It applies only to those sensations or emotions which Zana and her target are sharing in a general sense (pain, pleasure, desire, anger etc) and can only ever be between her and one other person at a time.

word count: 716
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“I’m an upstanding moral citizen as well”, Devin told Zana in an almost overly serious tone of voice, his violet eyes twinkling with mirth and nodded his head. “I even used to have a seat on the council”, he continued, in order to let her know just how upstanding and moral and such he was. Of course, he kept the fact that all the voting and democracy and such had gotten on his nerves a little bit and that the initial reason for him becoming his councilor had been his rivalry with Kalortah to himself. Instead, he suggested, in an amused tone of voice, “So, we could be upstanding moral citizens together!”

A few moments later, when he suddenly felt her foot slide up his leg, the utterly moral and upstanding doctor and former councilor leaned forward a little bit and returned the gesture in kind, sliding his foot up her shin, gently, slowly and playfully, to gauge her reaction, before he withdrew again and beamed at her. “There are a lot of interesting things under there”, he assured her (He was quite eager to show her just what those things were!) before he temporarily found himself distracted by the matter of his Mortalbornness once more.

She seemed to be completely serious about it, and he decided to just accept what she said, for the time being (Although he would without a doubt wonder about it later on because it was a pretty big thing!). He had always thought that he should be more than a mere human who grew old and died and had to put up with all those other unpleasant aspects of being human on top of it.

He’d always wanted to be someone special!

“It’s good to be home”, he replied, smiling. When she warned him to be careful what he wished for, he shrugged his shoulders and laughed. “Life’s boring and not really worth it if you don’t take a risk every now and then”, he replied – because he really believed that – before he met her gaze once more. Zana could see that the younger Mortalborn was absolutely mesmerized because he hadn’t thought that someone like her existed. Why had nobody ever told him that Delroth had a daughter before?!

He slipped a foot out of a shoe (a very stylish black leather shoe with a tiny heel) as well because wearing shoes could make things unpleasant in order to continue their little game. A moment later, he let out a sudden gasp, both because her ability was totally unexpected (He had assumed that it would resemble his own at least slightly or involve something that was like magic, but without mutations and such.) and because it just felt so …

good!

His eyes widened even more than before, a happy and content smile spread across his entire face, and he let out a small moan before he leaned back slightly, not caring in the least that they were in a room with other people (On the contrary, the potential of people noticing what was going on and being at least slightly scandalized made it more fun!). He relished in the unexpected, but very enjoyable sensation that ended quite …

… abruptly.

Zana had looked away because she wasn’t quite the cruelest woman in the world, but in his opinion, just stopping, without a warning, had been a little cruel. For a moment, he pouted just a tiny, tiny bit and blinked, and then he smiled even more than before, if such a thing was at all possible, and he told her, “That was absolutely amazing! Can you do it again? Can you show me how to do it? In return, you can have my ability if you want!” he offered in order to sweeten the deal. Making other people feel good was much better than seeing the future in his opinion, and it didn’t look as if it made Zana sick either.

Mages could give someone a spark, so it made sense that Mortalborns could teach each other their abilities!
word count: 681

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Daddy Issues
She knew the situation with her power; and Zana would never admit that she had gotten over-confident. But she still knew it to be true, even though she wouldn't admit it. Yet, the sense of satisfaction and pleasure that she got from watching him, his eyes, his expression, his reactions? That was a priceless feeling and she had no regrets.

In fairness, Zana made it a point to never regret anything.

So, she sat back and watched him as he realised what she was doing, and how. Looking at him, she regarded him with a cool expression, and then spoke. "It always has a price," she said, softly. Her voice was more monotone, less emotional. "When I do that, it drains my emotions. I give pleasure to another, but lose the ability to feel it," She shrugged slightly. Gazing on him, she shook her head. "I will not be doing it again, but it is a demonstration." Zana examined her fingernails, and was obviously happy with what she saw.

"You are the son of an Immortal," she said, with a slight smile. "Which one, I do not know. But not my father, I suspect," regarding him carefully, she pursed her lips. "He would have told you when you met." Delroth was proud of his children - as well he should be, especially in her case. Lifting one shoulder delicately, she added. "You will be able to tell others, now that you know how we look. Most of them are boring, and take themselves far too seriously," she considered telling him a few of the mortalborn she knew, but decided against it.

"Like the Immortals, we have Domains," she said. "I hope yours are more interesting than just being able to prophesise the future. That sounds very dull," one side of her mouth lifted in a sardonic smile, but then she grinned more. "Find out your Domains, Devin. Explore your inner nugget." She chuckled, then stood. "But I have to go. It's been a pleasure for you to meet me, Devin, I have no doubt." Standing, she smoothed down her dress and gazed on him. In her mind, she did so with the gaze of a beneficent goddess.

Turning, she started to walk away and then she stopped and turned. "I'll mention you to Father," she said. "I'm sure he'll be pleased that you're so delicious."

And with that, she made her hip-swaying exit.
word count: 412
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Review Rewards
Devin
Name: Devin

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:
Skill:
Cosmetology: Everything is better with glitter
Detection: Noticing that someone seems unusually interested in your answer
MB Ability: Recognizing other Mortalborn
Seduction: Complimenting someone’s hairstyle
Seduction: Comparing someone to an Immortal
Seduction: Playing footsie with someone
Seduction: Mentioning your special ability to impress someone
Seduction: If she says she’s an upstanding moral citizen, suggest that you could be upstanding moral citizens together!

Non-Skill:
Mortalborn: Have Domains, just like the Immortals
Self: Mortalborn
Zana: Daughter of Delroth
Zana: Is capable of giving pleasure to another
Zana: Loses the ability to feel pleasure when she gives pleasure to another

Skill Review: All Skills used appropriate to level
Zana
Name: Zana

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:
None requested

Skill Review: All Skills used appropriate to level
Notes:
What a delightful little thread! I knew it would be something special with Devin and Zana in the starring roles! (Of course, Zana would say the show was alllll hers!)

This was my first look at the wonder that is Zana! What a wonderous little thing she is! She is written with wit and charisma that is unique to her. Add Devin into the mix and this was a pairing that had to happen! She walks around, simply knowing everything is going to come up aces for her and makes no apologies for that. I loveeeeeee the depth you've given her.

Devin, in my opinion, just happens to wander into the most bizarre situations (almost like it's his super-power), but somehow always comes out on top with his brilliant attitude and ability to spin almost anything to his advantage. I dare say that there isn't much that these two couldn't accomplish together!

The scene was set perfectly and amazing writing on both sides. I look forward to future interactions between these two!

P.S. And thank you for the wonderful commentary on Balthazar! I laughed...a lot.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this review, feel free to PM. Enjoy your rewards!

Avalon

word count: 347
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Gunvorton”