[Telka] Saoire's Heroes: The Air Table

Any threads taking place in the Immortal Domains should be posted here and tagged with the name of the Immortal.

Moderator: Staff

Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Council Member
Renown: 765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Telka] Saoire's Heroes: The Air Table

Third Course

When Saoire specified that all who were at the Forging were heroes, Kura blushed slightly and looked away. She had never been comfortable being called a hero, as she never really considered it true. Not even in this instance, as she felt that what she had done, however incredible it might seem, had simply been part of her job. She was the Albarech of Scalvoris, and not only that, she was a Mortalborn, the heir of an Immortal. It was part of her inherent duty as such to care for the people of the world, and her entire job as the Albarech to care for the people of Idalos. That didn't just mean Mortals, though, but everyone. She wasn't the only Mortalborn to live on Scalvoris, and Immortals were just as much part of Idalos as Spirits or Mortals or Mortalborn, and they had all deserved a spot in the song she had seen. She had just done what seemed right to her, and nothing more. The favor that Saoire was offering was helpful though, since Immortal aid could definitely be helpful the next time the island was on the verge of destruction. Plus the turtle that represented the favor was beautiful on its own, which was nice as well. Though the toast was another thing that got a blush from her.

When Xiur answered her question about the Immortals ability to change, Kura nodded. "I'm hopin' it works out for the better. No offense intended, I assure you, but it feels like some of the Immortals have been kind of trapped. Chrien, for instance, seems to be utterly unable to move on from her grief and fury, and Raskalarn sometimes seems to be unable to consider a more peaceful solution, for another example." she said, her tone thoughtful. Then she grinned slightly. "It'll be interestin' to watch, though I don't doubt it'll cause some problems of its own." she said, before she shrugged. "We'll be dealin' with that as it comes up, though."

When it came to answering the group questions, Kura thought for a moment at Doran's question, then nodded. "Seein' the people I care about, includin' the people under my care, safe and happy." she said, shrugging slightly. Nir'wei's question was another one with a simple answer. "Hearin'. My powers work on sight, and my familiars can hear for me." she said, not even having to think about it. Cally, for her part, nodded at Kura when Doran asked his question. "Bein' able to help her." she said, getting a slightly worried look from Kura, who did want Cally to have a life, or perhaps afterlife, outside of her, for all that Cally seemed to perfectly happy where she was. For Nir'wei's question, though, she just shrugged. "What with already bein' dead, I don't think I've got that much use for a sense of touch." she said.

Then Doran answered her question and turned it back on her. It was an easy enough question for her to answer, though. "Efficiency. My end goal is to keep people safe, and I could be doin' that with just my bow and own familiars, sure. But then I can only help the people I can see, which limits my range. As a politician, I have more tools at my disposal. I can help make laws to keep people safer and happier, put people who can make things better in charge of what needs improvin', and make sure the soldiers are doin' the job of protectin' the people properly." she said, her tone casual. "Plus, as a general bonus, it means that I can deal with problems that can't be done alone, and I can keep an eye on any wannabe tyrants tryin' to sneak into power." she said, her tone cheerful. Faith and Padraig's answers were about what she expected of them, because both of them were like her about the incredible things they did, and she smiled warmly at them both.

Between Courses

When Saoire came out again, Kura looked to see who she was singling out of the crowd. She hadn't met Woe directly outside of the Forging, but he'd corresponded with the Council, so she knew him by reputation. She clapped for him and waited to see if he would acquiesce to the desire for a speech. Then it was Doran's turn and she clapped for him too, smiling at the man who had been so essential to keeping the command center running smoothly and gathering the information they had used. She nodded at his speech, and when he sat down, she grinned slightly. "Not a bad speech, professor. And you did excellent work during the Forging." she said, her tone sincere.

Then Kura and Cally both turned to the most recent palate cleanser, a small sphere that exploded in their mouth. Both gave a surprised look at it, and Cally seemed slightly off-put by it, working her jaw slightly. Kura's had tasted like apples, and it was an interesting enough culinary effect, if not one she'd want in all her food. Cally, though, had enjoyed the orange flavor of hers, but the popping in her mouth had been somewhat distressing, and it wasn't something she'd really go for again.

Fourth Course

Kura nodded at Xiur when he bade them farewell, then turned her attention to the fourth course as it brought it. Kura wasn't sure why, but she had always had a bigger appetite than most, so her fourth course wasn't at all light. It was strips of ribeye steak covered with a mushroom based sauce with slices of potatoes. It was delicious, and she savored it as she ate. Cally's was smaller, a chicken breast with melted butter in the center, but she ate it with as much relish at Kura at hers.

When they were joined by Ziell, Kura nodded at the Immortal of Peace. Ziell was an Immortal she didn't generally have much to do with, though she had nothing personal against him. Peace was her end goal, yes, but peaceful times generally didn't need her or people like her, so while she respected Ziell and liked his Domains, he didn't generally have much impact in her life, barring the obvious impact of winter. When he explained what was going to happen to Joy, she nodded, but shook her head when offered the scroll. "I'm happy for the child, but my tasks are many and heavy. I cannot guarantee that I could give her the time she needs from her family, and I don't want to give her expectations I can't be sure I'll fulfill. That would be harmful to her, rather than helpful, and I have no wish to hurt her, even unintentionally." she said, her tone calm. She did want to be part of Joy's life, but she knew her limits, and the harm even unintentional neglect could do was more than she was willing to risk for the girl. Her life had been hard enough already.

When he called them some of the finest minds at the table, though, Cally gave him a slightly blank look. It was clear that she didn't quite know what he meant, but unusually for the talkative ghost, she held her silence, not wanting to embarrass anyone in front of an Immortal. At his question, though, Kura thought for a moment, then nodded. "I'd like to learn what Audrae's next plan is. She's not goin' to just take this lyin' down and I don't like knowin' she's schemin' and not knowin' what she's up to. Gettin' ahead of her could save a lot of sufferin'." she said, her tone calm. Cally, though, just shrugged. "Math. I'm terrible with numbers." she said, her tone cheerful, now that the conversation was mostly back on ground she understood.

As for questions for Ziell, Kura's was simple enough. "You once prophesied a threat to the Oath that most of you swore, never to fight each other directly, would happen around this time period." she said, having heard of the oath from her mother when she was growing up. "Was the Forging that threat? Or is somethin' else comin'?" she asked, her tone curious. She wasn't even sure if Ziell would know the answer to that question, but how often was she going to get the chance to find out?

As for a group question, she thought for a moment, then looked around the table. "If you could change anythin', what would it be?" she asked, her tone curious.
word count: 1466
Please send all PM's to my Basilisk account.
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Profession: Councillor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 897
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Third Course

He'd been secretly hoping for the toast Saoire raised next. Despite how some might not see it as 'focused' as the others, it was also an undeniable fact. The people that deserved celebration weren't always the ones at the front lines, they were the people toiling away behind the scenes, in the aftermath, and often out of sight entirely. It was those people who rarely got the recognition they truly deserved, and their sacrifice of seasons, if not arcs, frankly made a joke of the barely fifteen minutes so immortalised in the thoughts of Scalvoris. It was just a slight shame, unlike the other celebrations that came before, that he couldn't really join in on them and offer his thanks to the others as the Immortals did. He knew which in particular he'd be passing gratitude to, but there was something to be said for remembering those that would not be there on that day, and finding a special way to celebrate their sacrifice in a way they would feel too. Despite receiving a gift himself from it, none of it really felt like it was referring to him, so he took the formal gesture with thanks but spent much longer grinning at the others of the room.

Xiur's answer made sure that smile wouldn't disappear for a while, too. "Good man, good man!" He looked even more happy having being corrected, in fact. "You can always judge a person by the company they keep and that sounds like very good company indeed. I hope one day to see them for myself, not that I'd doubt your keeping, but it always gives me pleasure seeing an Immortal's own. They often have the best stories to tell." Sovar nudged against his side, and Nir'wei reached out to scratch his chin. "Oh yes, don't worry. I was referring to you specifically." There was a slight pause for their mental communication. "I think he probably would, you know, but this isn't the time or place to ask." He didn't elaborate any further, a slightly mischievous look pass0000ing between him and Greyhide for just the shortest instance. The second answer didn't exactly come as a surprise - though the heartfelt sincerity in his words and tone were quite a bit more than he'd anticipated, and he didn't do well at hiding it. "He sounds like a lucky man," Nir'wei said at the end. "Though moreso you, for having him," he hastily added afterwards.

Group questions came next, of course. Doran's didn't even need a moment of hesitation. "Seeing happiness in others. Doesn't have to be humans. Doesn't always have to be the same happiness. Seeing it in others and knowing they're happy, whether or not I caused it, makes me happy too though. Makes me smile knowing that there's still a little light in the world." Kura's question again was a simple one. "Greyhide's responsible. He needed help. I gave it. Turns out, I didn't know I needed help too at that moment... and he gave it back. From that moment on, I've kept the cycle moving and it's never made me regret it."

Between Courses

The remains of his course was washed away and replaced by... well, honestly, he didn't even think it was food until he watched someone else eat it. The thing looked like a glass ornament one might hang from a tree, and biting down on it gave a very bizarre sensation on his tongue like he'd just ingested a volatile alchemy experiment. Despite all of that, the lingering taste was sweet and pleasant... but if it was anyone other than Saoire and her attendants serving the stuff, he'd be preparing for an imminent and painful death by poisoning. Or explosion. Poison-explosion?

Then Saoire rose for another round of thanks and congratulations, and he found it again very, very well-deserved. The applause for Woe and his efforts, Nir'wei eagerly joined in on - but at the end of Doran's round of applause, and the very humble speech of his own, he took advantage of their close proximity to lean over towards him and smile conspiratorially. "You're right that without them, it might not have gone as well," he said in a soft voice, "but without your talent and skill, many might not have even made it over the first hurdle, let alone survived and conquered the final battle. Your help was utterly invaluable, and deserves more gratitude than words can adequately describe." There was absolute sincerity in his voice. Doran was one that had gone above and beyond by several measures, after all.

Fourth Course

Xiur ultimately left, and a new Immortal arrived - one with a little more, well, purpose than the others, since he brought scrolls and more information on the child. He had to admit that he didn't really know much about the new child, Joy, nor Vega and Arlo Creede, so he didn't take up a scroll, though he made a mental note to try and see them at some point regardless, even if it was a one-off meeting. His question, though he surely didn't know it, was actually quite a familiar one already, though simply to throw a spanner in the works he decided to come up with something completely different for an answer. "Where the Originals came from," he answered quite nonchalantly, as if talking about something almost mundane. He didn't elaborate, either.

Of course, he got to answer a question himself now - and while Ziell was, well, just Ziell, he was also supposed to be one of the seasonal Immortals, right? "Tell me of my father," he said suddenly. "What's he like. What are his interests... Karem above, this family nonsense is hard. Is it possible to ask what I'm meant to ask about?" Xiur and Cassion may have helped Nir'wei open up slightly. The blundering formality of questions for questions very nearly broke down altogether. "How do you even start a relationship with someone you've never even known - someone supposedly so important, that at the same time, has just... never shown the slightest inclination to reach out. At every opportunity they had. How does one even begin to bridge such a... stupidly huge gap. Small talk? Sharing hobbies?" Ziell may have been trying to lighten the tone again, but he must have sunk it again quite thoroughly in his little brief tirade.

Quick, think of something quirky! "If you were killed and your body was to be turned into a delicious meal, what dish would you like to be served as?"
word count: 1132
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Vulpes :3
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Telka
Saoire's Realm

It was obviously coming towards the end of the evening, and they had celebrated and thanked a lot of people, rightly so as far as Saoire was concerned. But there was more still to do and so she once again stepped up to the cleared area to speak. "It has been a wonderful evening and I hope that you have all enjoyed yourselves," she said with a smile. "But we are not yet done. There is wonderful food still to eat and people to thank." She looked around the room with pleasure and delight in her eyes.

"The next two people are being thanked for their leadership," she smiled as she spoke that. "And first, of course, we must thank the Alberach of Scalvoris, Kura. Your determination in your role and commitment to keeping Scalvoris safe has, literally, saved the island on more than one occassion." Kura's role as the Alberach was well known - as was her "get in there" attitude to helping in a crisis. "For the arcs of service to Scalvoris, we give you thanks"

Each Immortal stood and clapped for the Alberach, with Saoire leading them. "You deserve all the thanks we have and I want you to know that your efforts are appreciated" As she spoke, a platypus cadouri brought Kura a gift. It was boxed and wrapped and seemed to be a book of some kind. "It is very much our hope that you will enjoy this gift, and that it goes some way to showing you how deeply grateful we are."

Again, she raised her glass. "The Alberach.!"

The Air Table
Rose beamed at the question. “Oh, there’s just so much I’d love to learn—but right now, I’d love to learn how to ride. It always seemed such a romantic skill.”

Emmett blushed slightly at that, and coughed. “I’d love to learn more about the creatures on Ishallr. Some of the others described them to me, and they sound fascinating.”

Ziell smiled softly at his son’s answer to his question. “A worthy desire. There is much to learn about this world that even we immortals do not know—and I can think of no one better suited to seek out such answers than yourself, Doran.”

Faith’s answer made him chuckle, as did Cally’s.

”A good answer,” he said to Padraig. ”Cassion would approve, I think. Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.”

”Spoken like a true leader,“ he commented to Kura. ”Your commitment to the protection of others is admirable.“

Nir’wei’s answer made Ziell nod. ”A good question to ask. There is much that might be answered if we only knew more about our creators’ origins.“

Then came the questions from the table.

Doran’s first question prompted a soft sigh. “I’m afraid my relationship with Ati’el was… nearly nonexistent. She knew much, I believe, more so than the other Originals, even. But as far as I can recall, she never told them anything, never mind us.”

“As for Chuckles, rest assured he is where he needs to be. If you wish to speak to him, find Vega after the feast. He’ll be with her, and I’m sure he’d be willing to speak with you.“

As Faith and Padraig spoke, he tapped his jaw thoughtfully.”Perhaps I should answer these together. You must understand, I am the immortal of prophecy, not of the future. I do not see nor set in stone that which is to come. I am capable of prophecising crucial events, turning points in what will be, but I cannot see how such events will play out, nor their consequences. So no, this outcome was as much a surprise to me as to the rest of you.“

“You are correct,”
he said to Faith’s second question. ”There is one unaccounted for. Unfortunately, if any of my brethren know what happened to Delana, none of them have said. She always was the most mysterious of the Originals, and she never created any immortals, to my knowledge. It’s possible the shattering never took her. It’s equally possible that she died far away from everything else, and her fracture has yet to be discovered.“

”This certainly was part of the change I prophesied. Whether it is the entirety of it, however… there is no doubt in my mind there is more turmoil and change to come. Though with those such as all of you ready to defend the world, I find my mind more at ease about it.“

”I understand,“ Ziell said. ”It can be difficult, to begin a relationship like this. I cannot say that I am particularly close with Ashan, not anymore. But I can say this—what he wants is to know you as you are. What you find important, what you care about, what you like. You don’t need to try to be anything but yourself with him. “

Doran’s question to the group had Emmett smiling melancholically. “I’d like to speak to my father again.“ Rose nodded in agreement. “I lost my sister some arcs ago. I’d like to have a chance to talk to her again.”

Ziell smiled. ”I would like to speak with your mother again, I think—have a chance to tell her of the man you’ve become.”

Faith’s question made Emmett laugh out loud. “Is this a good time to mention that I’m already partially colorblind?“ Rose considered the question a moment. “I'd rather be colorblind, I think. I do love the symphony.“

”Tone deaf, I suppose. The world is filled with such beauty, I’d hate to give up even a fraction of it.“

”I would have peace between my brethren.“ Ziell said quietly.

“I’d like to be taller,” Rose noted. “I’d have Faldrass back as it was, or at least the people who we lost to the eruption.”

Nir’wei’s question led to mixed reactions. Rose burst into laughter, quickly muffled, and couldn’t answer for her giggles. Ziell’s mouth twitched into a smile. ”Case in point,“ he said too Padraig and Faith, ”I could never have predicted this sort of question being asked tonight.“

Only Emmett seemed interested in engaging with the question as asked. “Some sort of stew, I reckon. Humans aren’t good eating, I imagine, so a stew would be most palatable, and lead to the least wastage. Just add potatoes, seasoning, the works.”

Saoire spoke and called for Kura to stand, honoring her. Ziell immediately did, raising his glass to the Albarech, patiently waiting for a chance to offer his own words and gratitude. "You ask for little, and yet, you give so much to Scalvoris. When the trial of the Glass Temple arrived, you had little warning of what it would bring, and yet, every step of the way, you put yourself in harm's way to give direction and context to others, often with a moment's notice and on the fly, so to speak. Scalvoris is all the richer for your leadership and experience, and the fact that we are sitting here, celebrating the outcome of something that threatened to rip apart Scalvoris and the wider world, is a tribute to that. To Kura!"
Telka
Saoire's Realm

As the staff collected the plates from the fourth course, Saoire rose again. "And now, a celebration of another type of leadership," she said . "That of leading by action. By deed. " Her gaze swept around the room until she saw the man she was speaking of - and to.

"Oram Mednix stood in the Heart of Scalvoris and he refused to give up. He walked to a shattered altar and he began to rebuild. In the face of destruction," she seemed to be speaking directly to Oram, even though she was speaking about him. Her voice carried around the room and the pride in it was obvious. "In the face of destruction you rebuilt. You would not give in. And in that act and with that action, you epitomized everything that the Forged stands for." It was an important and serious point for her and she knew that she was not the only one who felt it.. "You are an example to us all, and we are beyond grateful to you, and for you."

Again, there was applause. Cassion let out a whooping cheer for Oram and Saoire smiled. "I hope this gift brings you peace and pleasure" And indeed, Oram was brought a small gift in a box. It, too, seemed to be a book of some kind.

The Air Table

Then came the next tribute, to the brave Oram. Ziell stood, nodding seriously at Oram. ”It takes courage to look destruction in the eye, and not choose destruction back. You chose peace in the face of fear, and we honor you for that. I foresee a great future for you, my friend, and I thank you.“

With that, he turned to the others at his own table with a smile. ”It has been good speaking with all of you tonight. I hope the rest of your evening goes as well as can go.“

The final course was just being brought out as Cassion arrived at the table, beaming at all those that graced the Air Table. “Well, hello, hello!!!! For those of you not aware, I’m Cassion and I’ll be hanging out with you for this final course of the meal! Is anyone else starting to get full? My appetite is legendary, but I have to admit, I’m starting to slow down!”

At the Fire Table, Qylios stood in her place. All eyes turned to her. "I am Qylios," she said with a smile. "And it is my honour and privilege to be here this evening. We have paid tribute to many, rightly so. But we have saved the final tribute until now, and it is mine to make." She looked around the room and her expression was serious, intense. "There is one here tonight, without whom there would have been enormous bloodshed. More than that, without his actions I would have been put in an impossible situation of my own foolish making." She was not too proud to admit that she knew that. "Without this man, the Warden and Audrae would have been able to attack, to harm, to carry out their plans and he bought us what we needed at enormous personal cost," she gestured to him, sitting at her table. "I ask you all to give thanks and show your appreciation for a man whose dedication to peace is as great as his determination to act. Thank you, Hart, for your actions. Thank you for saving my grand-daughter, and for saving me."

Chuckling, he started to sit, but then realized Qylios had began her tribute to Hart. Quickly standing again, he grabbed his mug, raising it to the man and speaking as soon as it was his turn. “It’s one thing to know a story and be able to tell it from start to finish, yet quite another to be in the midst the story yourself, unsure how it will end. At one point, I thought I knew how our story in the Heart of Scalvoris would end, and then I was surprised by a great many things. To stick to what you believe in your heart and soul to be true takes guts, and you have those. Time and time again, you sacrifice pieces of yourself for others. This time, for the whole of Scalvoris. We are all in your debt.”

Lowering to his chair, Cassion smiled at the table, eyes eagerly falling upon the decadent piece of chocolate cake in front of him, then turning his attention to the table. “Alright, you lot know the drill. I’ve got a question; you may have answers. You have questions; I might have answers. Here we go!”

Taking a bite of the cake, the Immortal groaned, savoring it for a few trills before asking his question. “Journeys, it's said, are more important than the destination. Considering that, what is the most important part of the journey to you? ” As with most questions, there were layers, and he was curious to see what the assorted minds at the table would do with such a question.

“Oh! Don’t forget to ask me some things, although I’m not sure I can keep up with such minds as these here. Take it easy on me.” Chuckling, he gave the table a wink and dug back into his cake.

OOC Info

Please split your post into the following sections.
  • Fourth Course
    • Here you should answer the questions posed by other PCs.
    • You may also respond to the Immortal more (but no more questions, cos they're leaving in a bit)
  • Between Courses:
    • This is where you respond to Saoire's tribute to Kura & Oram
    • Please make sure you state if you applaud or not. All NPCs do.
  • Fifth Course
    • Here you get to answer the question of your new Immortal table-mate.
    • Also, you get to ask your own question of the Immortal.
    • No more Group Questions, as this is the final course. Instead, you should respond to Qylios' tribute to Hart.

Note: To keep this thread on track and moving, we are asking pcs to post weekly. If you do not post by the 'next post' date, you will be considered to have missed a round. If you miss one, you will simply be considered to have been quiet that round. If you miss two, you will be written out of the thread. Please let Pegasus, Avalon or Vulpes know if you will have trouble meeting a deadline.

Objectives

• Make a menu choice! (Fifth and final course)
  • Answer the question you have been asked by Cassion
  • You may ask Cassion up to two things. This may be a request for information, for understanding, or a plea to do something. Up to you!

Next Post: Sunday 26th September
word count: 2354
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Fourth Course

“If I ever find out more about the Great Song and the way that the world used to be”, Doran replied when Ziell called what he wanted to find out a worthy desire. “I’ll share my research with you - provided that you are interested, father”, he added before he fell silent again and turned to listen to what Ziell had to say to his tablemates.

Just like the Albarech, Doran was worried that they hadn’t seen the last of Audrae. The Immortal of Shadows didn’t seem like someone who would just give up, but have backup plan after backup plan. As far as he was aware, she was someone that would not stop until she finally had exactly what she wanted – to rule over her fellow Immortals.

Truth to be told, he had hoped that Ziell would be able to shed some light on the origin of their ancestors. He was not particularly disappointed when his father admitted that his relationship with his mother had been nearly non-existent though, but focused on his second answer instead. Ziell’s revelation that Chuckles was still alive was met with a smile. He was quite relieved to hear that, he had to admit. “I will”, he replied, referring to Ziell’s statement that he should find Vega after the feast if he wished to speak to the flame entity.

When Faith asked about the eighth Original and his father confirmed that there was an Original that was unaccounted for, he raised an eyebrow slightly and looked at him with obvious curiosity. He had tried to find out more about the eighth Original during the events of the Forging as he had thought that she might be involved, but none of the people that he had asked had seemed to know more. Up until that moment, he had not known her real name, but only her titles.

Still, he considered it to be worthwhile to comment on the matter of Delana once his father had finished speaking.

“I tried to find out more once I became aware of the possible existence of an eighth Original”, he told Faith in a polite tone of voice. “Delana, the eighth, was – or is – also known as the Sorceress, or the Ambitious One. Professor Fridson who I discussed the Originals with”, he continued and nodded towards the table where his colleague was sitting. “Believes that the Sorceress and the Ambitious One are the same person, at least, and he also believes that a lost archive from that time might still exist somewhere. I can send you my information on the Originals that include a list with their titles, provided that you don’t already know all this”, he offered – Faith Augustin was a world-renowned scientist and the Champion of an Immortal, after all.

When it came to the answers to his own group question, Doran had thought that his tablemates would like to meet a celebrity, a hero or perhaps a villain, and ask them why they had done what they had done, but they seemed to be most interested in talking to their dead loved ones one last time which made much a lot of sense, everything considered. When Ziell admitted that he would like to speak with his mother again, Doran inclined his head and replied in a thoughtful tone of voice, “I would like to speak with her again as well. It’s been centuries, but I still think of her”, he added. He didn’t mourn the fact that his mortal family members had all been gone for a long time particularly – he was just grateful for the fact that they had played a part in his life – but sometimes, he could not help but wonder, nevertheless.

After more than three centuries, he couldn’t remember his mother’s voice anymore.

“I’d rather be tone-deaf than color-blind, I think”, he answered Faith’s group question. “There’s so much beauty in this world. I’d miss not being able to fully experience it. If I were tone-deaf, I’d still be able to hear people’s voices. The ability to not hear melody seems like a minor sacrifice compared to all the colors around me.”

“Peace. I’d like to have peace between the Immortals as well”,
he answered Kura’s group question. The conflicts between the Immortals were one of the biggest threats to Idalos. If there were finally peace between them, and if they all worked together, Idalos would be able to truly prosper.

When Rose noted that she’d like to be taller, he chuckled. Her second answer was met with a thoughtful expression though. Too many lives had been lost during the volcanic eruption.

Nir’wei’s question was so unexpected that he simply looked at him for a moment. For a moment, he was completely unsure as to how he should react, but in the end, amusement won out. “Frankly, if I were killed and someone tried to make a meal out of me, I’d hope that they get terrible heartburn or even food poisoning. If the meal absolutely had to be delicious though, I’d suggest finely minced meat as I’m probably quite chewy because of my age, with a lot of seasoning to cover the strange taste”, he decided, the corners of his mouth twitching slightly. The Councilor of Natural Affairs, he decided and glanced at his tablemate for a moment, was quite a character!

Between Courses

When Saoire thanked Kura, Doran immediately stood, applauded and finally raised his glass in a toast to her, together with the others. “As someone who worked with you in the Glass Temple, I can only repeat my father’s words. I was most impressed with your leadership, Albarach, and I’m glad that we were together that trial”, he told her. “I can’t think of anybody that I’d rather work with and for during such a crisis.”

“If you ever have need of me again, by the way, let me know”,
he added – he considered it to be appropriate to make that offer. He had sworn to protect Scalvoris, after all.

He was less familiar with the second person that Saoire thanked this time, Oram Mednix, but he would always remember the way that he had rebuilt the altar that the Diri of Destruction had broken and how brave he had been. Besides that, the map that he had created had been most helpful.

It had allowed him to recognize patterns that he had not been aware of before.

He stood and applauded to him as well, just as enthusiastically. He agreed with the Immortal of Gifts. Oram Mednix had truly set an example that trial, and he deserved all of their gratitude.

Fifth Course

The fifth and final course was a dessert, at least in Doran’s case, a plate with a handful of tiny cakes that were covered with frosting, marshmallows, candy and colourful sprinkles. They were called fairy cakes, the waiter that brought them explained, which seemed quite appropriate for the evening, and they were enjoyable, like the courses before that, although he struggled to eat all of them. His appetite seemed to have increased since Cassion had marked him, but there was a limit to how much he could eat, nevertheless.

In the end, he was quite full.

When Cassion arrived at his table and pretty much echoed his thoughts, Doran could not help but chuckle and nod in agreement as a consequence, before he inclined his head in a greeting. “I don’t think that I’ve ever eaten so much before”, he admitted. “The food’s absolutely delicious though. My compliments to the chef”, he added, briefly turning to a waiter, provided that one was nearby. Even his personal cook was not that skilled.

When Qylios who had joined the Fire Table stood and revealed that there would be one final tribute, Doran temporarily stopped eating and turned to look at her instead. When she spoke of what Hart had done and asked them all to give thanks to him, he rose from his chair and applauded once more, in order to show his appreciation for the risks that Hart had taken.

“In my opinion, the most important part of the journey are the things that you experience, the discoveries that you make and the people that you meet along the way - and what you learn about yourself. The journey itself is the longest part whereas your arrival and your departure usually constitute but moments. As you stated yourself, journeys, it’s said, are more important than the destination. Process wins over output in my opinion, at least in that regard”, he answered Cassion’s question in a somewhat thoughtful tone of voice.

“Is there any journey that stands out among all the journeys that you have undertaken over the course of your life?” he wanted to know when Cassion gave them the opportunity to ask questions of their own. A few moments later – he wanted to make sure that the Taleweaver had enough time to answer, provided that he decided to do so – he posed his second question. “My father said that his relationship with his mother was nearly non-existent. In the Glass Temple, you told me that you are a son of Brel’tek and that he forged you in Adventure and Story. What was he like, if you don’t mind me asking?”
word count: 1588

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Fourth Course

As the evening wound down, Faith found herself looking around the table and she smiled. It had been a thoroughly pleasant evening with family and friends. Kura's question of if she could change anything, what would it be prompted a thoughtful look from her. "I suppose, in myself, I'd change a few things. I'd like to sleep less. But, honestly, anything I seek to change, I can. We all can. So, mostly, I'd sleep less." Padraig didn't have a group question, he was too focused on Ziell and asking him about prophecy.

And then, Nir'wei asked his question and Faith chortled. What a question! She considered it for a moment, and then answered. "I would like to be served as many different dishes as possible. I always try to use the whole animal when I cook, so I'd like to made into a nice roast Faith with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes, medallions of Faith with apple sauce, trimmed Faith-chops grilled lightly with a balsamic glaze, the scraps could be made into Faith sausage, and of course, you'd have to serve slow-cooked Faith liver with fava beans and a nice chianti. Weirdo."

Shaking her head, she grinned. She adored Nir'wei, and his mind simply delighted her.

Doran's question - “If you could meet any person, alive or dead and talk to them safely, who would you like to meet the most?” - caused a thoughtful expression to cross Faith's face. "I can," she said, softly. "It's an ability granted to me by Famula. Once an arc, I can bring back any person who has died. They come back for seven full trials, at the prime of their life." She looked at Doran and smiled rather sadly. "I've only ever used it once, when Vri asked me to make the death shroud for his children. I suggested bringing back Anaza, his love who died. It felt right." With a slightly embarrassed glance, she explained. "Vri made her his champion, so now she is with him, together. I've only used it then. It's a big responsibility." And the thought of someone being back here, back alive and among the living for seven trials but knowing that they would die again? It felt like something which should only be done when needed, in Faith's mind.

Between Courses

There were tributes then, first to Oram who Faith had met some time ago when she'd got lost. She stood and clapped for him and she smiled over in his direction if there was the opportunity to do so.

And then, they gave tribute to Kura.

Faith knew her friend. She knew that Kura would be very much anti ever having this amount of focus on her and so, as the applause started - and as she herself stood - Faith leaned forward and whispered to Kura. "It helps people to be able to say thank you to you, you know. This is part of your job." Then she focused on clapping for her friend. As much as Kura wouldn't like it - and Faith knew that she really wouldn't like it - it was important to thank those who had done so much. So, she clapped as she stood and she was - it had to be said - more than grateful for Kura in her life.

Fifth Course

Cassion joined them and Faith smiled in greeting to the Immortal of Adventure. Before they had much of a chance to say anything, though, there was another tribute and this one was to Hart. Faith smiled over at him and she clapped for him. His wish had started this, and she was intrigued at all that had happened. Still, once the tributes were given, they sat back down ~ Faith was not of the Forged, had not been there and so did not speak ~ she listened to Cassion's question.

Her fifth course arrived and was a drink ~ a fruit juice which had been expertly mixed to exactly her taste and Faith smiled. Cassion's question interested her, a lot, and she listened to Doran's answer to it. He was wise and she nodded at his response, then continued to think for a moment before answering. "The current bit. Whatever part of the journey - whatever journey that may be - I'm at in the moment." She lifted her shoulders slightly and smiled at Cassion. "Everything is a journey, isn't it? Life, parenting, this meal, this conversation? It has a start, a middle, an end. I can plan for what is to come, but if I don't attend to what is happening right now, what's the point?" She considered an example. "If I don't enjoy making the cake when I make it, then I certainly won't enjoy eating it as much as I should." The same was true for everything, Faith thought. Focus on the now, do it the best you can, and that's the best way to proceed.

Questions for Cassion, though? Faith did have one. "I'm going to try and learn how to heal fracturing," she said with a smile. "The one you got in the Forging events was gained in a very specific and particular way. Would you be prepared to let me examine you? I'd want to take blood and would have some questions about that fracture scar. I believe I'll be able to at the very least help or lessen them, but I will be working to curing them." She smiled at him. "Would you be willing?"
Last edited by Faith Augustin Champion on Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 939
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Padraig
Approved Character
Renown: 939
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fourth Course

So would Padraig change anything, Kura had asked, if only he could? That took a little thought, but then again, as a scientist and explorer of sorts, the answer turned out to be quite simple. "As a stargazer, I've found that many of the best discoveries are like bread crumbs along the way to uncovering something even larger and more miraculous," he said without a thoughtful expression. "So if not for the stumbles, there'd be fewer victories in the end, from my perspective." So that said, one could easily shift the theory to one's personal life. "I'd change nothing. Nothing about the past, nothing about the present."

He snorted quietly in amusement in response to Nir'wei's question, however, and had to give it equal time so far as thinking on it. Unexpected, to be sure. "Some new and exotic dish, I guess," he said, grinning a little when he did. "Something never tasted before, and it leaves the diner wanting more."
Between Courses

More tributes were made then, to Oram, who Padraig hadn't met before that he could recall, and again to Kura, the very good friend who'd invited them there this evening. Padraig stood and applauded, first for Oram and then for Kura. "Very well deserved praise, Kura," he said, "For a most worthy recipient."
Fifth Course

Though Padraig wondered where he could possibly put yet another course, no matter how excellently prepared each one had been, the light lime sorbet placed before him then, topped with a sprig of mint, was most welcome at this point.

Then there was Cassion to join them, and once again Padraig rose to his feet and offered a respectful dip of his head before sitting down again. To be honest, this Immortal wasn't one he was thoroughly acquainted with. But Padraig found him to be a fascinating figure all the same. And Cassion's question was an interesting one. For Padraig, the answer was a multi-faceted one. "For me," he said, "The most important part of any journey, similar to what Faith has said, is all of it, beginning to end...Though I'd argue that no journey ever really ends, but simply flows right into the next one along the way."

But, "The most exhilirating part," Padraig added, "is the beginning, where a world of possibilities and mysteries are still ahead, just waiting to be discovered." Faith then asked to examine Cassion, in effect to give him a physical and Padraig inwardly grinned, finding it perfectly logical that she'd have done so. And very, very Faith. As for him, something lighter. "As something of an explorer yourself, is there anything you've heard word of that you'd like to see or experience, and haven't been able to yet?"

word count: 472
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Profession: Council Member
Renown: 765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fourth CourseKura nodded when Ziell said that what happened during the Forging was only part of the prophesized threat to the world. "More to come then. Hopefully less potentially destructive." she said, her tone thoughtful. Then came the group questions and she nodded at Faith when she asked hers. "Tone-Deaf, definitely." she said, though she refrained from saying that most music recent music, sounded like someone torturing a cat to her. She much preferred music from when she was younger. Doran's question got her thinking a bit before she nodded. "I'd like to talk to my father again. Not about anythin' in particular, just...to talk." she said, her voice slightly wistful. Nir'wei's question, however, got a slightly laugh from her before she looked at him. "Well, that's a new one. But birds generally taste good when rotisseried, so I'd go for that probably." she said, still laughing slightly.

Cally looked at Faith when she asked about the tone-deafness and color-blindness, clearly giving it a long think. "I think I'd prefer tone-deafness. You need to be able to see color to see if food is done sometimes, you know?" she said, her tone serious. For Doran's question, she thought for a moment, then shrugged. "No idea. All the people I'd want to talk to are here already." she said, before looking at Nir'wei when he asked what all they would eat, then turning to Emmett when he said people weren't good eating. "How do you know that?" she asked the horsemaster, her tone curious before she looked back and Nir'wei and grinned slightly. "I'd be a ghost pepper." she said, looking more than a little pleased with herself for the terrible joke.

Between Courses

And then Saoire just had to stand up and start praising people. Kura stood up when the Immortal of Gifts praised Oram, and clapped for him happily. When she turned that praise to Kura, though, the Mortalborn had a very serious desire to crawl under the table and remain there until everyone had left. But, Faith had a point that people liked to be able to say thank you and that sometimes having the attention on her was part of the job. It was why she did public speeches from time to time, after all. So she swallowed her desire to hide and stood up, nodding at Doran and Padraig, then at the Immortals when they said their parts. "Thank you, all of you. I just hope that next time, I have people just as brave and capable willin' to help." she said, before sitting back down and downing the rest of her glass of whiskey.

It wasn't really that she hated being at the center of things, she did pretty good work there in all honesty, but being praised for things like always felt inherently wrong to her. Maybe if she'd gotten into politics because she really liked it, or if personal power or fame had an intrinsic value to her, she wouldn't have minded it. But they were a means to an end, a way for her to better protect people, nothing more. Still, though, Faith had been right, it was part of the job and she'd just have to roll with it and hope that it didn't become a regular trend.

Cally, who had stood up to clap when Kura and Oram both got praised, knew what was going on her bosses head, but she didn't say anything, largely because this was something she didn't quite understand. Faith and Padraig were both the same way as Kura, they didn't see themselves as special. But how many people could do what they did and remain humble about it, or view it with such down to earth terms? The ghost shook her head and smiled slightly, figuring that was just part of being who they were. Besides, she mused, people who did things for the praise tended to be pretty useless in the long run.

Fifth Course

Ziell left and finally, Cassion joined them. Kura nodded at the Immortal of Adventure, her opinion of him having risen since the crisis began. Granted, she would still prefer it if they didn't meet too often, but that was more down her wanting Scalvoris to be peaceful and calm, which he would have no interest in, than any issue with him personally. Before she could answer him, however, Qylios stood up and gave a surprise kudos to Hart. Kura stood and clapped for the man who's wish had gotten this all started, then sat back down. Her last course was a large piece of chocolate cake that had been sliced into bread-like pieces. The chocolate was sweet and the cake was deliciously moist, with little chocolate chips spread throughout. Cally's last course was a piece of cinnamon apple pie that she dug into with relish.

When Cassion asked about Journeys though, both of them looked up at him. Kura thought for a moment, then nodded. "The moment you start the journey. Nothin' that happens after can happen at all if you don't ever get started." she said, her tone calm. Cally thought for a moment, then shook her head. "The end. It's only after everythin's over that you can take stock and appreciate what happened." she said, her tone somber. Cally had, after all, had what most people would consider a final ending to every journey. Though, as Padraig had pointed out, most journeys didn't end, and hers hadn't. It had just paused for a few decades.

As for questions for Cassion, Kura had two. "You were right, how I feel about my job and gettin' praised for it. But how'd you know? Bein' honest, you and I ain't exactly run in many of the same circles before all this." she said, her tone calm. "But also, most people want their lives nice and quiet, not really adventerous. Does that every worry or sadden you, that most folk like things quiet?" she asked, though there was an undercurrent to her question. Her job, after all, was to try and keep things and quiet and peaceful as possible. She had grown to like Cassion, and she wanted him to still have a place in Scalvoris even when things were calm.
word count: 1077
Please send all PM's to my Basilisk account.
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Profession: Councillor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 897
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fourth Course

Ziell's response was... well, it was about what he'd expected, in all honesty, even if it didn't really give him what he needed. "Seems almost like nobody is close to him at all." Not even the other Immortals of the Seasons. Perhaps Ymiden? Vhalar? Did he shirk everyone, mortals and Immortals alike? Not even an animal companion of some sort, or spiritkin? Though he appreciated Ziell's effort to provide something a little more concrete, there was something flat about the smile he gave the Immortal. "I've been myself my entire life. It didn't work." It was alright, though. He'd find something else, something better somewhere down the line. Perhaps Ashan showing actual interest for the first time might be the opening they needed.

The questions of the others proved much more fruitful. The mentions of the Originals, and another still alive? Oh, that definitely made him perk up. Why wasn't this a more pressing issue? How much could 'Delana' know about the Shattering, about Immortals, about the other Originals and the issues that faced the world? Surely she wouldn't just disappear; she had to be hiding somewhere in plain sight, or perhaps in a distant and unexplored corner of the world, excluded from the places mortals and even Immortals tread... but that didn't mean they shouldn't keep searching.

What really drew the most interest, however, was the quite universal reaction to his question - which certainly got some fun responses, and in Faith's case, some extremely thorough ones. "Hey, look. It's something worth considering, in case it ever comes up in the future. You never know." Their questions in return were quite easy, though considering how many he'd had to answer thus far, it came as a welcome relief, honestly. "Well, now I'd want to talk with Delana," he replied to Doran with a little bit of a laugh. "An Original would have been my first answer anyway. But an Original that we hardly know about? Now there's someone who could provide some stimulating conversation." Faith's gave only a moment's pause. "Tone deaf. Hardly much different from what I am already." A good song was not judged by its merit alone, but the reactions it brought in others, and he always found himself more enjoying those reactions than the melody itself. "Change something? Nah." They could all talk about changing the course of history, but there was a fatal flaw in that wish. "Good and bad, everything that's happened in the world led to me being made. Everything that's happened to me, made me the way I am. Wouldn't give any of that up."

Between Courses

There were even more thanks to be given. Oram - leader by deed, Saoire had said of him, though Nir'wei thought on it and realised that even that was a bit of a disservice to just what he'd done, since it was so notable he could still recall it quite easily. Creating, in the face of destruction... it took no small amount of cunning to come up with such a plan, and of course a very considerable amount of courage to be able to pull it off in the face of imminent peril. When applause rose, he rose with it, wolf howls intermingling with the whoops and cheers of the rowdy group. There was also time for him to pick out his next course - he hardly knew anymore, since he'd felt quite full for some time now and the options seemed to blur together for him, but he chose something simple for what he presumed would be the final course - it turned out to be a bowl of something sweet and cold, collected in a bowl and mixed with flakes of something dark and bitter that contrasted wonderfully. He was provided a spoon to eat it with and he consumed it without hesitation, even though he didn't really recognise it from anywhere else.

Fifth Course

With the next meal arrived the next guest, too - a familiar one, though he seemed to have already forgotten he'd been there before - and the next tribute after that! Another round of applause interspersed with laughter and grinning was had, only some of it at Cassion's expense as well, when he almost seemed to miss out on the moment and was forced to make a hasty about-face for his thanks and congratulations. "Oh come on, you can't really expect us to answer that as if it's a real question," he complained loudly between another spoonful of his own sweet stuff, chuckling good-naturedly. "I'll forgive you since you've clearly got gateau for brains right now, but there is no 'most important' part to any journey, no matter what it is." He swung his spoon about haphazardly. "Some parts are important because they make friendships that will last for arcs. Some parts, you learn something new about the world that'll stick with you. Some parts, you'll find new skills, or learn better uses for the skills you know. Sometimes you might even learn something new about yourself, have your tested limits beyond just strength or cunning. There's no part that's more important than any other. They're all important, all the time, in their own special way that can't be quantified by something so daft."

Then he narrowed his eyes. "Morbid curiosity. What happens when one of you die." Perhaps it was the desert talking, funny as that would be. Perhaps it was the light-hearted, yet somehow very serious air that permeated the table in the wake of the talk of strange eighth Originals and curing the greatest mysteries of Idalos. Nir'wei wasn't the mending type, of course - he did the other thing. "Tio told me a little, y'know. Just a smidge. What really happens, though, because you don't... you're not really like us, when it happens, are you. You've felt it yourself, somehow, some way, too, but you just... come back later." The look he shot was rather flat, but he was doing his best to appear somewhat sincere and open at that moment. "I hope you know everything said here is spoken in complete confidence."
word count: 1061
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Vulpes :3
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Telka
Saoire's Realm

Saoire smiled to those assembled. There was one more person to honor, and she was very happy because it was right to do so.

"Throughout these events, there was one whose impact was felt keenly by many. Her actions and deeds were a start, many arc ago, and what happened then touched many of the people that we honor here tonight. From the shores of Faldrass, where visions of her and said events were seen, to the Heart of Scalvoris, where her ability with children was channeled, woven into the grand story that was able to be masterfully created, she may not have been physically with us, but Vega Creede’s spirit and determination were with all of us, and now, a gift.”

Turning to Vega, Saoire held out a small glittering orb to Vega. The fairies within the room descended upon Saiore, Vega and the orb. As Vega placed her hands on the orb, she would feel an energy surge through her. It was gentle, as though music was flowing within, notes playing within her mind. The fairies began to glow, and the whole room suddenly heard the beautiful melody.

"“We thank you, Vega Creede – Song Forged!"

And finally, as Vega returned to her seat, the feast in Saoire's realm was done. The last of the food was eaten and, as the waiting staff cleared away the plates, Saoire spoke for the final time. "I'd like to give my personal thanks," the Immortal said "to the waiters and the chefs and all those who made this evening so very wonderful. Thank you" She led the room in the last round of applause for the night.

Then, with music playing and fairies fluttering, Saoire looked around at them - each one of them. "I hope that your evening has been filled with happiness and that you carry some of that with you, into the future. It is a brighter future we all step to, because of the actions of those we've celebrated today and I thank you for sharing the evening with us." Then, she gestured. "Please, feel free to stay and mingle if you choose. For those who are returning home, you just need to go out to the turtle bay, and you'll be sent back. Those who are staying the night, I hope you are comfortable."

Then, she bowed her head and bade them farewell.

The Air Table

Everyone’s answers had Cassion nodding in approval. ”I love asking this question,“ he said cheerfully. ”Only so many answers you can give, yet I never seem to get the exact same one twice.“

Cassion considered Doran’s first question. ”All journeys are special to me,“ Cassion said, ”but of all of them, my very first sticks out in my memory. I was so young then, freshly created, new to the world…“ He smiled. ”I’ll never forget those first few steps.“

”Ati’el was rather standoffish, wasn’t she? Luckily for me, Brelt’ek was much more personable. He was… hmm. How to describe him… He was less dour than Vri, more responsible that I; he was kinder than Mastes and more thoughtful than Syroa. He shared the same values of judgement and justice that Pier and Pre do, and the love of mortals that Thetros does.“ Cassion smiled, soft and nostalgic. ”He was a good man. As good as any of the Originals could hope to be, I think.“

Faith’s request was met with a boisterous laugh. “You never do cease to surprise, Faith Augustin. Yes, I will help you with your research—I’m curious to see what will come of it.”

When Padraig asked his question, Cassion gestured for him to lean in, and spoke in an exaggerated whisper. ”I’ve heard tell,“ he said, ”of a pastry shop in Melrath that sells the most exquisite chicken pies. I think I’ll be headed there next, see if they live up to the rumors.“ He smiled. ”Sometimes I find the smallest adventures to be the most rewarding in the end.“

”I hope that answers your second question too, Kura. As fun as the big world shaking adventures might be, there’s so much value in the small adventures you take throughout your life.” He grinned. “Something as simple as trying a new dish for lunch, or taking a day off to just explore the streets… Those are my domain too, and I hope that everyone has at least one or two of those in their life, even if they never leave their home city or do anything truly crazy.“

”As to your first question… Let’s just say I’m a good judge of character. Not just of you, but of the ones who raised you.“

As for Nir’s question… ”Ah, Tio. I’m afraid the little godling doesn’t quite have a firm grasp on immortality just yet. I’m afraid death, true death, is not an adventure I’ve been on just yet. Daia or Thetros would be the ones to ask about that, although please don’t be so blunt about it if you do ask them. And this is coming from me!“

The Review

Doran

Overview

I love how thoughtful Doran is all the time—he's such a steady, calming presence in any thread he's in. His questions threw me for a loop in places, but always in a good way. I'm keen to see more of him in the future, especially as he continues to do research on all the new information he's learned here this trial. Enjoy your well earned rewards!

XP: 20 XP
Renown: 30 Renown

Loot

• 1 Masterwork Outfit as you've described.
  • 1 Crystal Sculpture from your little boxes. While not magical, there is something very lovely about these and they just have a bit of a 'feel good' about them.
  • Crystal turtles ~ Each crystal turtle allows you to have a home. Twice a cycle it will transform into a turtle-shell shelter (shellter). Up to four adults can comfortable shelter in the Shellter. No matter what the weather is, the Shellter is warm and comfortable and dry.
  • The Scholar's RIng: This plain platinum ring allows Doran to understand any language, be it written or spoken. The main power of the ring, however, is that it grants him the ability to psychometrise (as per the Shirvain Moderate power)
  • Joy Scroll – For those that accepted a scroll from the Immortals, allowing them to connect with Vega/Arlo.
  • Gifted Orator - You gave a speech! Awarded +5 XP specifically for one of the following skills: Storytelling or Etiquette. Only one of those skills and all 5 XP must be used on it.
  • Culinary Master! – For describing two or more courses of dinner! – Health Pack! Two times a season, this small box will produce enough emergency rations for up to four people for one trial. This will appear in the form of nutrition bars and clean water. The rations can be split further but this will lower the effectiveness of the rations.
  • Group Synergy! – For asking two or more group questions! – Saoire’s Sweets - A small box of your favorite chocolates / candies (10 total). You find yourself unable to eat more than 1 on any trial. But each one provides the following to whoever eats it for the next 6 hours: "Saoire's domain of Gifts is not merely one of physical goods, but of the happiness and joy that comes with both giving and receiving a well-meant gift. This ability allows the Blessed to give both themselves and anyone they're with a feeling of joy and good cheer, banishing negative feelings like sorrow, anger, and fear."
  • Oh, Memories! – For those that accepted and drank the vial, you have the memories (but not the emotions) of the events of the forging from all angles (Ishallr, Sweetwine and Scaltoth)
  • A spare memory vial - should you wish it.
  • Perfect Attendance: For not missing a round you are awarded 2 Golden Tickets. Also, word of your interaction with all these Immortals spreads and you get sent gifts and donations to the value of 5WP. Please adjust your Wealth Ledger.

Knowledge

5x Etiquette
5x Detection
10x Investigation
5x Socialisation

Faith

Overview

Faith is always such an interesting character to read about. She's got so much heart in her, and she's always thinking, even when she's enjoying the moment. I love how she takes everything in stride, even Nir's ridiculous question, and her dedication to healing shines through in her determination to heal fracturing. Enjoy your well earned rewards!

Loot

• 1 Crystal Sculpture from your little boxes. While not magical, there is something very lovely about these and they just have a bit of a 'feel good' about them.
  • Culinary Master! – For describing two or more courses of dinner! – Health Pack! Two times a season, this small box will produce enough emergency rations for up to four people for one trial. This will appear in the form of nutrition bars and clean water. The rations can be split further but this will lower the effectiveness of the rations.
  • Group Synergy! – For asking two or more group questions! – Saoire’s Sweets - A small box of your favorite chocolates / candies (10 total). You find yourself unable to eat more than 1 on any trial. But each one provides the following to whoever eats it for the next 6 hours: "Saoire's domain of Gifts is not merely one of physical goods, but of the happiness and joy that comes with both giving and receiving a well-meant gift. This ability allows the Blessed to give both themselves and anyone they're with a feeling of joy and good cheer, banishing negative feelings like sorrow, anger, and fear."
  • Oh, Memories! – For those that accepted and drank the vial, you have the memories (but not the emotions) of the events of the forging from all angles (Ishallr, Sweetwine and Scaltoth)

Knowledge

3x Etiquette
2x Detection
5x Investigation
5x Socialisation
5x Research

Padraig

Overview

Man, Pad's a scientist through and through alright. I love the questions he asked—the one about prophecy took a little thinking to answer. He strikes me as a very methodical person, with a burning curiosity about everything, and I love it. I haven't seen much of him before, and I'm looking forwards to reading more. Enjoy your rewards!

Loot

Knowledge

3x Etiquette
2x Detection
5x Investigation
3x Socialisation
7x Research

Kura

Overview

Oh, Kura. Always so dependable. I love how forward thinking she is, always concerned about Scalvoris and the people under her charge. And Cally was a delight to read about as well—I don't think I've read much about her before, so hearing what she had to say was great. Enjoy your rewards!

Loot

• NPC trinkets – Please accept these humble offerings from Saoire for your NPCs, with our thanks for being part of this wonderfully uplifting thread! (Given in thread)
  • Crystal turtles ~ Each crystal turtle allows you to have a home. Twice a cycle it will transform into a turtle-shell shelter (shellter). Up to four adults can comfortable shelter in the Shellter. No matter what the weather is, the Shellter is warm and comfortable and dry.
  • Kura's Book: It is a book with a chapter by ten (PCs choice dependent on history) of the Immortals. Each chapter shares memories of Karem, and of Kura herself growing up. Images and illustrations are moving, like they are moments captured in time.
    The introduction and dedication have been written by Cassion and it is his handwriting throughout. The stories are very well told.
  • Perfect Attendance: For not missing a round you are awarded 2 Golden Tickets. Also, word of your interaction with all these Immortals spreads and you get sent gifts and donations to the value of 5WP. Please adjust your Wealth Ledger.

Knowledge

7x Etiquette
5x Detection
3x Investigation
7x Socialisation
3x Research

Nir'wei

Overview

Oh Nir. Always marching to the beat of his own drum. He was a bit of a wildcard in this thread full of nerds, and I love the way he responded to everything in his own unique way. Even when he knows he should be more tactful, watching his personality shine through always great to watch. Enjoy your rewards!

Loot

• NPC trinkets – Please accept these humble offerings from Saoire for your NPCs, with our thanks for being part of this wonderfully uplifting thread! (Given in thread)
  • Potion of Restoration: a beautiful intricately decorated vial which refills itself over the course of a cycle. When the contents of this vial are drunk, the person who drinks is physically restored of all wounds. Energy is replenished, wounds heal and the person feels entirely re-energized. It does not heal severed limbs. It may only be used once a cycle.
  • Gifted Orator - You gave a speech! Awarded +5 XP specifically for one of the following skills: Storytelling or Etiquette. Only one of those skills and all 5 XP must be used on it.

Knowledge

3x Etiquette
5x Detection
7x Investigation
7x Socialisation
3x Research

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this review - drop me a PM.
Thank you - hope you enjoyed the thread!
word count: 2995
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Immortal Domains”