• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: News & New Features!

New Site Features.

Also - in all of that above - I forgot!

When you do a search on the wiki now, it will automatically search for every type of page (we use a lot of categories, and it didn't used to auto-search for those!) that means that, when you do a search, it will display a bunch of tick-boxes before your results. You can change those and search again if you wish, but mostly, you can ignore them and just look at the results below!!

That will be going live in the next few minutes.
word count: 97
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Staff Changes!

Hi all!

Just a quick FYI. Due to RL commitments, Splinter is stepping away from modding Viden - he's not leaving staff or anything, but simply can't give the time and attention needed to be a city mod. So, I'm going to be taking Viden as a mod. Any questions, drop me a pm!

~Peg.
word count: 59

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Hey all.

The Point Bank has been updated with new items, and changes. Most notable among these are the inclusion of tiered signature items for your pcs to buy with point bank points. Also, we've removed NPC renown as a feature, going forward effectively. NPCs submitted and created prior to this announcement will be allowed to retain their renown, but no more going forward.

Thanks you.
word count: 67
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Squirrel
Lore Analyst (TL)
Lore Analyst (TL)
Profession: Resident Nutcase
Renown: 999
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Important Notice For Players!

We have a very, very large amount of skills that are currently included in the day-to-day activities of many characters, but still have no official write-up to be added to the wiki. It is for this reason that we will no longer be accepting write-ups for any new skills in the Creating The World forum. Write-ups for existing skills take absolute priority from now on. Martial arts styles, as they fall under the umbrella of Unarmed Combat, will still be accepted.

word count: 90
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Staff Changes

Hello everyone

I'm sorry to say that Aegis has decided to step down as staff with immediate effect. I can't put into words how sad we are that he's made that decision - his impact on the site has been enormous and he's been a real driving force for change. However, we respect his decision and wish him the very best. It does, however, leave us with a number of things which are needing our attention.

Staff have been discussing this since we found out that Aegis had left, and we've come up with the following solution:

The Call
I'm going to complete this.

I understand that, as part of this, there are issues and questions with the "Spiritborn" - I will be taking that project on and answering all those questions. But I would beg your patience on this, as I need to work through it. Please, if you have any questions regarding it, bring them to me and I will do my best to answer them. I know there are some already asked and I will be working through them.

Schism
Aegis had completed a first draft of this magic. Oracle is going to be taking it from here.

Yaralon
Myself, Oracle and Basilisk will be overseeing Yaralon in terms of approvals etc. It will, next season, be an unmodded city unless anything changes.

The War of Death & Souls
Pig Boy is going to be leading this - with help from all staff (except me, for obvious reasons).

Moderated Threads
Aegis had a number of moderated threads on the go - we are currently divvying them up among the staff team. All of his threads will be taken and continue. If you are in a thread with Aegis and it's your turn to post, please do so asap to help the staff involved.

Obviously - our focus here is on minimising the impact to all players. If you think we've missed anything, please let me know via PM.
~Peg.
word count: 336

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Grandmaster Skill Changes

Hello everyone

After a staff vote, it has been decided to remove the arbitrary cap on the number of GM skills a PC is able to have. As there are some pc's who were grandfathered in and automatically given more we've decided to lift the cap on all pcs. The Grandmaster wiki page has been amended to include this information.

Fundamentally, any skill of 250/250 with 60 knowledges is eligible to be GMd with a capstone. This does not apply to Domain Magic.

~Peg.
word count: 90

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Grandmaster Skill Changes

Hello everyone (sorry - meant to put this in the one above... le sigh)

We have also, as part of this consideration of GM skills, and following some discussion on skills knowledge, decided to change how Capstones are awarded.

Fundamentally, the capstones via additional XP from blessings, renown etc remain unchanged.
However, you are now able to get an additional capstone every 25 knowledge beyond the 60 required. This means that we're rewarding RP and not requiring people to be blessed etc in order to be better and better at a skill.

The wiki page for GM skills has been amended to show that here

word count: 108

Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

WELLS!
Welly welly welly Wells. Yes, Wells are released. Check 'em out here: wiki/index.php?title=Category:Wells_Primer

Yeah, that's all I got today. Catch ya'll next time, and have fun!
word count: 35
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

The following missive/announcement becomes common knowledge to all, due to the actions of Faith Augustin in the following threads:

Unholy War IX: I'll Try, I'll Fight Until I Die
Unholy War X: It's an unholy war
Unholy War XI: I see, I know, you'll always be.
Unholy War XII: You see my burning fuse
Unholy War XIII: From a mile away
Unholy War IV
Unholy War XV: Took away my shame
Unholy War XVI: I learned to bite the hand

Players, as of the 28th of Ymiden, the following flier has been distributed, along with samples of the plague cure where it has stricken the populace.

Due to the medical innovations driven by the tireless work of Faith Augustin, the plague has been cured, with fliers going to all corners of the Kingdom to distribute the cure.

All Seven Houses of Rynmere have temporarily set aside their differences in order to pledge their aid to the cause of eradicating the Plague, and assisting Faith so long as the Crusade against the Coven continues. While they cannot spare much in the way of manpower, having been ravaged by plague, they've given over the command of half of their naval war vessels, driven to the purpose of defeating the Coven.

Let it be known, that it has been proven that the Plague was devised by none other than Ellasin herself, the Witch who leads the Coven. We've included an artist's rendering of her appearance below. Should anyone meet her in their travels, we strongly urge you not to confront her, but swiftly spread the word of any sighting of Ellasin or any of her followers.

word count: 281
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Update Re: The Call
All right everyone, so here's the situation we've been trying to resolve ever since Aegis left. During The Call event, Aegis used a bunch of lore that had never been approved and that contradicts existing lore, a practice that is heavily frowned upon. Aegis also gave rewards which don't fit the lore and, frankly, break develepmental rules and, in a few cases, the TOU. We are also, continually, finding new rewards that were promised or even handed out directly to players through OOC means, which is a blatant violation of rules. Now, to be be clear, no players are in trouble over this, as none of you did anything wrong. However, we are going to ask that all players who were promised rewards by Aegis or given rewards via OOC means please post in the PSF ticket linked in this announcement and let us know what was promised/rewarded. We're also asking that all players involved in the event PM the TL's, all three of us please, and give your opinions on the two options we're considering for resolving the issues with The Call.

Option 1: It was a dream. All players will receive 20 EXP and up to 20 knowledges of their choosing per thread, though no more than 10 in a single skill, and only 10 knowledges total may be for magic. The knowledges may, however, be in any skill, though only one magic skill per PC may be chosen. Rewards will also be given if this option

Option 2: The events of The Call were a side-effect of the damage caused to Emea and the effect it had on the Immortals, on Domain Magic, and on the elder powers of Idalos. The events of The Call happened, but in a sort of twisted state of madness. The effects may not be permanent and some of the history shown may not have happened as described. Rewards will be given, but cannot be used until the threads are reviewed and rewards are likely to be weaker than what was promised.

PSF Link Here: viewtopic.php?f=362&t=19244

Thank you all for your time and your patience. We're trying our hardest to come to the best resolution we can, but unfortunately, this is basically a massive clusterfuck. We decided the best option was to lay it out clearly and see what direction you folks leaned. To be clear, we will only be going with the option that is chosen by the majority of Call players. Voting will be open for a week, but players will have two weeks to get all the rewards they were promised into the PSF.
word count: 453
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”