• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: News & New Features!

Staff Changes

Hey, all,

I've made the decision to step away / take a hiaitus from all mod duties for a few months at least. This means that I will not be modding, not be involved in staff chat etc - but I want to make it clear that I'm not abandoning the site. I will still be around in an admin-only role, working with Tech Guy as needed. I need to spend time focusing on my PCs here, and on myself. If you have any questions etc, please direct them to Bas or Squirrel.

On a personal note, I want to thank the players of Scalvoris for a lot of fun over the years <3 <3 I've loved developing and modding Scalv and the players are fantastic - I also want to thank the staff and volunteers who give so much of their time and energy to making the site fun and fair for everyone. I'm going to finish up all the reviews which are waiting for me (Fire Forged, I'm talking to you!) and staff and I are working out who will take over admin-duties for Scalv.

It is my intention to come back to modding etc eventually, but for now, I need to take a break. Please, consider applying for staff if you meet the criteria to do so - we always need people who are positive, constructive, and willing to work for the site. Being staff doesn't mean you have to mod a city - it means you have to be prepared to put in time and effort to work for the site as a whole. It's one of the most rewarding things I do, and I will come back with refilled energy and enthusiasm. Thanks.

=Peg=
word count: 295
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Oops...

Hello Players. I'm making this announcement to clarify point bank npcs and how their skills are gained. Any skill increase for a point bank NPC or just about any NPC (whether it's upgrading them from a 100 point basic personal npc to one of the point bank packages, or increasing skills 1 for 5 point bank points in the point bank) must be appliied for in the PSF.

To reiterate, if you have spent point bank points on increases of skill for any NPC in the past, I'd ask that you start a ticket so their skill gains may be processed properly.

Thank you.

word count: 108
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Public Service Announcement Regarding PSF Tickets and Multi-Category Tickets

Heya guys,

We've been pretty lenient with the way psf tickets are handled. Specifically with regards to individual tickets that contain multiple requests for entirely different categories of PSF tickets. So in the interest of streamlining future tickets, we'd ask that players now limit individual tickets to one category. There may be multiple requests per category, but only one category may be included within a ticket... The categories are as follows:

General Requests
Magic Requests
Mark Requests
Capstone Requests
MortalBorn Requests
NPC Requests
Renown Reward Requests
Tier 2 Requests

If there's any confusion about what tickets belong where, don't hesitate to send me a PM with a question, or post it to the Q&A forum.

Any tickets that include more than one category of request will be moved to Limbo from now on, and we'll request that you break up the requests within singular categories.
word count: 161
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Staff Changes

Hey, all,

Today, I'm delighted to welcome Saint to the staff team. Saint is going to be working in Nashaki, which will be opening for play at cycle change! It's exciting to open up a new city and we're really looking forward to seeing Nashaki join the open cities!

Thanks all - and welcome again, Saint :D

=Peg=
word count: 61

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Staff Changes

Hello everyone!

Some good news! We have another new staff member! Compass is going to be working in Melrath with Pig Boy. Pigs is also going to be moving over to help out in Rharne as well as continuing in Melrath. Please all join me in welcoming Compass to the staff team!

=Peg=
word count: 55

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Hey everyone. We've got new guidelines and application forms for Peer Reviewer's and Wiki Workers that can be read here

If you've any interest in contributing to the site as a volunteer or member of staff, looking into this article would be a good first step.

Thank you.
word count: 51
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Sound Familiar?

Hello!

Just to let you know that we've clarified the rules for how you get a familiar (either a Sev'ryn or a Common Familiar) and included them in the Familiar Primer - here! Linkie!

=Peg=
word count: 39

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!

Hello!

New Cycle is upon us! The announcement is here and will appear at the top of every forum. Please timestamp accordingly. Thanks!

Enjoy - and lets tell great stories this cycle!

=Peg=
word count: 37

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Knowledge .

Hello all!

Just to clarify - all knowledge must be recorded on your CS. If that knowledge is fully written (eg: Baking: Oven temperature impacts cooking time) - then you can simply list the knowledge. If, however, you are recording your knowledge as a number then - just like XP numbers - you have to keep a list of where those numbers came from.

This helps peer reviewers to review your threads, and staff to approve things which require CS checking. Please ensure that this is adhered to. Thanks!

Best

Pegs.
word count: 88

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

The Big Character Wiki Update!

Hello all!

We're trying to get all Character Wiki's up to date. If you can / would - please check your Character Wiki and then this thread and put any amendments / updates in it. We're working really hard, behind the scenes, to get all Character Wikis sorted (we've done A - J) but we need your help to identify issues. So please - let us know what is not correct / not there for your Character Wiki.

If you don't have a Character Wiki yet - please post to that thread with a link to your Player Secrets and your CS - we'll take it from there. If, over the next few weeks, you find that we're PMing you to ask for info - please be gentle. We are just trying to fill in gaps. If you're not sure whether you should post in the update thread, whether it's worth doing? Post it! I'd rather say "Nah, we don't need it" than have to say "I wish we had".

As always - any questions, drop me a PM! Thanks, team! <3

Pegs.
word count: 189

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”