Crafting Question Topic is solved

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Kalypso
Race: Human
Profession: Librarian
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Crafting Question

☸☸☸

Curious, for my book making I have (pending CS approval) a booking binding skill kit as my heirloom. My question really though pertains to how to get the crafting ingredients. I referred to the crafting section in The Shoppe, but am still confused. In order to make books I need access to at least leather, paper, and twine. Do I need to purchase this or am I given novice (my level)/ basic/basic+ ingredient access? I am at Tier 5 as well if this makes a difference. I guess it also is in general, what items to have I access to and what can I just buy? I would also need some ink and an ink well to write to complete making the book.

word count: 124
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Crafting Question

You're able to afford basic/+ ingredients at tier 5 without going down in tiers. I think as far as crafting goes, craft as much as you can write a thread where you're crafting the things. At novice level it's probably going to be difficult to craft more than one project at a time, and it's quality will be basic or basic+ at best, which you can claim as loot when crafting it in thread.

I'd just caution you not to go overboard with your projects, you aren't likely to become suddenly a mass-producing printing press (unless of course you have the Printmaking skill and the workstation/tools). So I'd really just advise good sense. Look at your wealth tier and what it says about her lifestyle, and try to write around that getting less than average ingredients.

This is an opportunity for fun mistakes to happen. Such as if you have no appraisal skill, will the ingredients you acquire prove to be of poor quality, had from a cheap huckster? Feel free to get creative as much as you want when it comes to failure and have fun with it at the beginning, it's how you build skills! And you're only a new character for a little while if you stick with it.
word count: 223
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Kalypso
Race: Human
Profession: Librarian
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: Crafting Question

☸☸☸

Perfect. I am starting her to create grimoires, I think you're right-- we'll take a little extra time making her first book. :ugeek: :roll: Thank you!

word count: 26
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”