Mer Q&A

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Fairytale
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Mer Q&A

If you have any questions post them here and I'll do my best to answer them. :)
word count: 17
"In Play by Posting Role Playing, inaccurate and inconsistent lore is considered especially heinous.
On Standing Trials, the dedicated investigators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Lore Analysis Unit.
These are their stories..."
Korva
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Fisherman/Woodworker
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Mer Q&A

For clarification as a whole (I know I asked in HD chat) I thought I'd post my questions on Mer breathing here too so if anyone who doesn't use chat or doesn't wanna search through the HD chat history can find the answer.

If they don't have legs can the Mer still breathe on land?

If not, is it their lungs that change as well when they get legs? I only ask because otherwise it would make no sense because if nothing but their legs change what is stopping them from just flopping around on land with their tails? And along with this, if they can't breathe on land, how long before they suffocate? Same as a human drowning or do they have more leeway? Would they be able to just attempt to put themselves through the change in a shallow puddle of their own water?

If they can, what are the restrictions to it? Or is it all player based? In the lore is does state, in the case of the Akktava tribe "It is not uncommon for the Akktava to use their suction tips to crawl up the side of a ship in the dark of night to get the information that they need", so in this case does it depend on species of Mer then?

If that's the case, maybe we should add to the lore that Cat or type of Mer fish they are dictates whether or not they can breathe on land with or without human legs.

Thanks in advance for answer Fairytale, you're the bee knees!
word count: 269
ન'ઊળઇ૯ ૧એ૪ઇ૮ ઔનઌઈઇ પઇ, પબ ઇબઇ૮ ૯રશ૧ મકઇ ૧એબ. --Korva
Fairytale
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Mer Q&A

The transformation turns them from creatures designed for the sea to something closer to their original human forms, so if they couldn't breath air before their lungs would become more human like in the process.

For breathing air in their tailed froms, they have the same capabilities as the sea creature their most similar too, if octopuses can go on land for brief periods of time so can Mer that are mostly based of an Octopus.

I'll see about adding that to the lore soon if I can.
word count: 90
"In Play by Posting Role Playing, inaccurate and inconsistent lore is considered especially heinous.
On Standing Trials, the dedicated investigators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Lore Analysis Unit.
These are their stories..."
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”