[Andaris][Uleuda]Knights and wizards, past and present

Players can use this forum as a way of connecting with other players for roleplaying purposes whether it's for finding friends for your character, family members, group members, etc.

Moderators: Squirrel, Staff

Sintih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Refugee
Renown: +58
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Greetings everyone. Sintih is finally finished and approved, ready to go. I'm eager to write with him and explore the world of Idalos with all of you. He's based in the capital, Andaris, and spends all his days there and his nights in Uleuda.

Knights and wizards
Sintih is training to become a knight (and maybe one day Lord Commander) and is always looking for people with the skills and patience to train him or to kick his ass. He's also looking for a Knight or Steward ranked person to take him on as their personal squire.
Anything squire related, be it working for knights or going on adventures together, are always welcome. Anything that would push Sin's illness is more than welcome as I'd like to find out just how far he can get with his disadvantaged physique.
Magic is something I love to love and love to write about. Anyone willing to practice together or discuss theories and thoughts on the more philosophical parts of magic is always welcome as well. Sin doesn't have any permits for his magic at the moment (that may change once he knows his seasonal income) but it's only necessary in Andaris, Uleudian wizards are more than welcome to practice with him. Other aspirant or veteran mage knights are more than welcome as well as Sin will take his experience wherever he can find it.

Friends, enemies and (a) Rival(s)
Everyone wants friends and Sin is no different. As a midtowner, Sin has no problems with either high born royalty or poor thieves, as long as they're interesting to talk to. He's easy to get along with and tends to attract people. With his eye to the future, Sin is definitely looking for people who are or will be in some position of power be they high ranking officers, underground kingpins, influential merchants, nobles or world wise travelers.
Sin isn't looking for anything romantic but he wouldn't be opposed to it should it happen but he's not someone who'd just dive in the sheets for a night or become infatuated over night. Appearance matters very little as Sin is capable of seeing what is on the inside and usually prefers to go by that.
There are always people who can't get along with others and Sin might attract some more of those types than normal so people who'd like to dislike or even hate Sin are also welcome. I'm not really sure how it would work out but I'm always open for suggestions on this. In any ranking system like that of the knights there are bound to be rivalries. Sin is looking for someone who can stand toe to toe with him on a strategical level. Whether it is a hateful rival or a friend who likes to compete doesn't matter to Sin, but someone who regularly comes to test him or be tested by him.

Specific characters
Sin is looking for a former enemy bandit(king/leader) or mercenary, turned friend who wants to join him on his quest to becoming a knight. This could have happened in any way but I'm personally leaning towards a Zhuge Liang - Meng Huo type of start for them and then go from there. Someone Sin can count on to bash heads and charge in from the front who doesn't mind using some less than savory tactics to win (throwing sand in someone's eyes during a duel being the least of them) and who understands that Sin's batteries deplete much quicker than those of others.

Sin is also looking for a caretaker, someone who would have taken over roughly six arcs ago for his parents. They could be a slave, a retired knight who worked with his father or a university staff member who worked with his mother. They made some sort of deal or promise with Sin's parents and are honorable enough to keep it now that they're dead. They'd simply be looking in on Sin every few trials to make sure he hasn't suffered from anything potentially lethal and make sure he has enough supplies until their next check-in.
Last edited by Sintih on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 714
Faith Augustin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: +1000 +
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Heya - so Faith's a slave, chef, seamstress - not at all a knight - but is learning sword and knows unarmed quite well. Used to be an undertaker, now owned by a noble. And I am very much up for threads if you've got any thoughts / things you'd like to do. Have a gander at my CS, see what you think. :)
word count: 62
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Solsarin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: +32
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Sol would love to argue over magical theories! He's not an officially registered mage, and he would never admit to his Aberrancy, but he goes under the guise of a scribe/scholar so he'd be plenty fun to discuss philosophy with!
word count: 43
Sintih
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Refugee
Renown: +58
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:16 pm

(Forgotten) Childhood friend(s)
Sintih moved to Andaris city in the 701st Arc and showed some improvement with his health near the end of the 702nd and beginning of the 703rd Arc. I'm looking for people who were youngsters back then and who would take pity on a sick young boy 12 or 13 arcs old. I want Sin to learn a bit more about lowtown and the crown during this time, exploring the city with his friends and getting into some childish adventures. I'd really love for someone with very different world views than Sin to meet him, so lowtowners or rebellious nobles are extra welcome.

I mentioned the following scenario to someone before but it never got anywhere so I'll throw it out for everyone here.
Sintih spent a lot of time on his balcony watching the people on the street below him go about their lives. He couldn't go out on his own at the time. Due to foliage/crates/cart/barrels/... you can climb up to the balcony. Maybe some curious youngster might spot Sin up there, sitting and watching, and is brave enough to climb up to meet him. Sin would have a lot of questions at first, learning about the "outside" world. He's still a country boy at this time. Later on, they could start heading out and doing some kids stuff that he's never done (which means all of it, Sin didn't have any friends his age prior to this).

This is just one scenario, though. So if you have something else you think might be interesting or if you're interested in this one, you can post here or PM me about it.
word count: 288

Return to “Looking For Companions”