• Location • The Employment Contractor

All forms of work may be found here.

Old calendars, sign ups etc. OOC threads which are no longer used.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Zana
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Living a libertine lifestyle.
Renown: 294
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Employment Contractor

5th Ymiden, 718
Well, this was not what she'd had planned, but Zana Delroth was nothing if not willing to roll with things. She was making the most of her situation and, even though her original plans had fallen through, her new ones would be just as successful. In Delroth's name, the mortalborn woman decided it was so and, so it would be.

So, she filled out the form, waited her turn like a good little plebeian and smiled a beautiful, winning smile at the clerk. "Yes, does this all appear to be in order?" she asked, just a little flirtatiously. She couldn't really help it, it was her way. Where she could flirt, she did.

With a slight smile, she handed over her form and awaited a response.
Don't touch your lips, don't wear your hair like that, I feel your presence all around me.
Don't get too close, don't move your eyes like that. Because they're deep enough to drown me
PC Name: Zana Delroth
PC Location: Tertiary Accommodation, Viden
Race: Mortalborn (she fills it in as Human)
Previous Schooling: Educated in Ne'haer. No Academy / higher level learning
Previous Experience: None
Relevant Skills: Research: 25
Preferred Employment: Research Assistant: Alchemy department in the Viden Academy.
Why this job?:It seems most appropriate.
word count: 223
PC is currently inactive. I hope to bring her back soon!
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: The Employment Contractor

1st of Vhalar, Arc 718

The Mortalborn wasn’t particularly fond of the Employment Contractor and considered it to be fairly inefficient, but at least that trial he kept his opinion to himself. Instead, he simply filled out the form that he would apparently have to fill out in order to gain employment with the Academy, handed it to the old lady behind the desk and nodded at her before he left again.

PC Name: Doran
PC Location: Viden
Race: Mortalborn (he fills it in as human though)
Previous Schooling: Letter, Certificate & Diploma in Alchemy
Previous Experience: Worked as an alchemist in Andaris, Etzos and Viden, was a professor at Rynmere University for three seasons
Relevant Skills: GM Alchemy, GM Chemistry, Competent Teaching
Preferred Employment: Associate Professor (Alchemy)
Why this job?: Because Doran finally has the necessary qualifications.
word count: 138

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Seren Fahe
Approved Character
Race: Eídisi
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Trial 1 of Vhalar, Arc 718

Seren opened the door to the building of the Employment Contractor. She held the door, closing it gently behind her, trying not to make a lot of noise. Removing the hood of her cloak from her head, her white hair flowed down her shoulders. The inside of the building seemed very familiar to the young Eidisi, but she could not figure out why.

Ahead of her, a woman sat busily handling papers. Seren looked around the room and spotted a stack of papers. She walked over to them, her heels clicking on the flooring. To her luck, they were the forms she was in need of. A job request form. If she was going to start her schooling again at the academy, she was going to need a steady job. Specifically, she wanted a job within the medical field to gain experience.

She took a form an filled it out, making sure to answer each question. The form completed, she approached the woman sat at the desk. An aging woman looked up and gave a slight grin. Ah, that is why this place seemed so familiar. She had been here once while exploring the city as a child. She didn't remember much of her last visit, but she remembered the face of the old woman.

"Hello. I have completed this form for employment at the infirmary." Seren handed the form to the woman and gave a smile. The woman took it into her wrinkled hands and scanned it before placing it into a file of other papers. "Thank you, you will be contacted in a couple of trials. Have a nice day," replied the woman. With that, she looked back down at the stack of papers and went back to her busy work. Seren smiled once more before exiting the building. It was going to be a while before her request was even looked at.

PC Name: Seren Fahe
PC Location: Viden; Obsidian Prism
Race: Eidisi
Previous Schooling: Primary and Secondary Education
Previous Experience: N/A
Relevant Skills: Medicine (5), Lingustics (10), Detection (10), Socialization (5)
Preferred Employment: Medical Assistant in the Viden Infirmary.
Why this job?: Seren wishes to pursue a career in the medical field and hopes to become a doctor soon. Along with working, she wants to continue her education to receive her Licentiate in medicine, and to expand her research in the field.
word count: 404
Norin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

1st trial of Vhalar, 720th Arc

Norin made his way to the Halls of Ivy, a place he only knew as his uncle's workplace, but a place that he may end up getting to know a lot better. He continued down a few doors and entered the employment agency. Both the street and the agency was filled with people, as always.

Norin could maybe have found work some other way, but he didn't know what other ways there were. He had been brought up by the lawful, and the Employment Contractor was the way that the government ensured employment. Furthermore, the job that Norin was looking for had to live up to his family's standard, and the best way to acquire such a job, was through the agency.

Norin started by filling out the relevant forms before standing in queue, patiently waiting for his turn before moving up to the desk with the aging lady behind it. When it was his turn, he handed the form, not exactly knowing what to expect.

"Thank you." The woman said looking up from the form at Norin to indicate that everything was in order. Norin hesitated, but smiled at Jaessi, he then nodded to her in acknowledgement of her value and skills before he scampered away mumbling to himself about the awkwardness of the situation.

PC Name: Norin Killarney
Race: Human
Previous Schooling: Standard education
Previous Experience: Achievements: Basic training with rangers. Political and cultural insight through personal contacts and education. Curious and ambitious mind.
Relevant Skills: Politics, Etiquette, Negotiations
Preferred Employment: Halls of Ivy, Politics
Why this job?: Family expectations, background education, and desire to make a difference
 ! Message from: Tempest
Hello Norin, everything looks in order. I approve for you to begin work at the Halls of Ivy
word count: 303
Cyrus
Approved Character
Race: Ellune
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

E M P L O Y M E N T

"Jessi."

"Cyrus."

The Ellune crouched before the desk, rolling his neck as he did so. Snow fell downward to the woman's paperwork and she frowned, dusting away the white powder and looked up at the man with a huff of fond exasperation. The giant smirked, "More work?" he asked simply, the deep rumble of his voice causing other visitors to look up from the forms, a distinct lull of scratching quills as they stared.

"You're back again?" the old woman was not surprised. Every time he needed a project to keep him busy, he came pushing through the doors, form already filled out. She had nearly memorized it, "You'd think one of these trials a job would stick as well as the ice does."

He grinned, "I like many things."

"Hm," she leaned her head back, peering through the half moon spectacles balanced precariously on her cherry nose and shifted in her chair to look beyond the hulking man, "And I like when you don't trail a river through my hall, but look where we are."

Cyrus followed her eyes, scratching at his bare shoulder. While he wore trousers, held in place with leather cord, his feet and chest were bare. Ice and snow clung to his stone colored skin, creating small crystal formations that had begun to melt in the warmth of employment center. He had the decency to at least appear sheepish, but the older woman had worked with him long enough to know he was apathetic about it at best. It happened too often for him to be truly distraught. Such was the life of an Ellune

"Bounties are over there on the wall; not much has changed there. I'll look at the formal listings from our partners. Are you looking for the usual?"

He favored manual labor where his size was to his advantage, but wasn't often picky. Coin was coin. Cyrus nodded. If there was anyone who could find a floater like him a position, it was Jessi.

"I'll see what I can do. We'll get you something..." she eyed him, clearing her throat, "Something outdoors, preferably."
PC Name: Cyrus Mala'kai Qalar-Treid
Race: Ellune
Previous Schooling: Basic schooling and apprenticeship received in Oscillus.
Previous Experience: Cyrus has been doing odd jobs his entire life.
Relevant Skills: Construction, Fieldcraft, Strength, Linguistics
Preferred Employment: Freelance Contractor
Why this job?: Cyrus hasn't found his niche and will pick up most odd jobs, bounties, etc. OOC, wanted to make it official.
 ! Message from: Tempest
You are good to go Cyrus, have fun freelancing!
word count: 448
Rickith Lanza
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Apprentice Alchemist
Renown: 20
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Timestamp: 1st of Cylus, The Rebirth Cycle, Arc 721

As Rickith entered the employment offices, he thought back on his previous classes with his professor, Doran. He had taken a keen interest in alchemy, and thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to acquire some more experience in the field. If he could somehow procure a job as a lab assistant to an alchemist, he might be able to learn even more than what he's learning in his classes with Doran. Rickith had a thirst for knowledge that was quite unquenchable at times, and was always looking to further his education, and learn all he could. He had a basic background in chemistry, and medicine, so alchemy was only something that would come with those other subjects. He was happy learning from Doran, but also wanted to get his foot in the door in some type of career move when it came to alchemy. And what better way to do that, than to assist an alchemist in his laboratory. Thus Rickith entered the employment department, and saw the elderly lady at the desk. He also noticed the stack of forms on the table right upon entry. Grabbing form, and proceeding to fill it out, he'd approach the lady once he was completed.

PC Name: Rickith Lanza
Race: Mixed Race
Previous Schooling: Currently enrolled in a letter certification in Alchemy.
Previous Experience: No previous work experience
Relevant Skills: Competent Alchemy, Competent Chemistry, Novice Medicine
Preferred Employment: The University if possible
Why this job?: I would like to have a job where I can work as well as learn at the same time. That way I can increase my knowledge, and also make some money while doing it.

Handing her the form, he said, "Here you go, I hope this works for you." Rickith would then proceed to wait as the receptionist reads over the filled out form, and makes her decisions as to his employment opportunities...
word count: 331
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Closing Up!

Locations will have job opportunities in them as we go. Any questions, please reach out to a Viden prophet! Thank you!

word count: 23
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Out in the Cold Archives”