Cylus 717 Writing Challenge
A. Thread Challenges
1. Write a thread that includes a door, a candle, and a bird.
2. Give a gift to another PC in-thread.
3. Have your PC tell a story from their childhood to a PC or NPC.
4. Get into a fight (verbal or physical) with another PC.
5. Write a thread that includes a necklace, a dagger, and a tree.
6. Have your PC fail at a flirtation.
7. Start a post with the line, “The smell reminds me of home.”
8. Write a thread that references an Immortal.
9. End a post with the line, “And that’s how I lost my pants.”
10. Write a thread that includes snow (or rain), a mouse, and a bard.
[Warrick] Good Intentions
: handles the challenge - 1. Write a thread that includes a door, a candle, and a bird.
[Warrick] Lost in the Twilight Snow
: handles the challenges - 3. Have your PC tell a story from their childhood to a PC or NPC, 7. Start a post with the line, “The smell reminds me of home.”, 8. Write a thread that references an Immortal, 9. End a post with the line, “And that’s how I lost my pants.”, and 10. Write a thread that includes snow (or rain), a mouse, and a bard.
[Warrick] Trouble with Bullies
: handles the challenges - 2. Give a gift to another PC in-thread, and 4. Get into a fight (verbal or physical) with another PC.
Dancing in the Forest of Wonders
: handles the challenges - 5. Write a thread that includes a necklace, a dagger, and a tree, and 6. Have your PC fail at a flirtation.
B. Character Challenges
1. Increase a skill from 0 to 15.
Added 15 exp to Cooking: CS
2. Earn 5 knowledge in a single skill.
Cooking Knowledges: [Warrick] Good Intentions
3. Identify your PC’s goal (seasonal or overarching) and share it in the plot development forum, the personal journal forum, or in your city’s OOC Social Thread.
4. Update your thread list on your CS to include all current and past threads.
: has been updated to include her first memory thread.
5. Create a vlog or write a personal journal entry talking about your PC.
C. Development Challenges
1. Submit a slang term or phrase to a city’s development thread.
2. Submit a folktale to a city’s development thread.
The Smart Ass, and the Foolish Farmer
3. Submit a holiday, ritual, or tradition to a city’s development thread.
Raising the Barn
4. Write a thoughtful review in the player feedback forum.
5. Welcome a new player on the “Welcoming Floor!” forum.
1. Have your character create something in a thread using a skill they do not possess, could be anything from a cake, to an arrow, to a torch. Never tried basketweaving, shoemaking or knitting? Give it a go!
2. Create a time when your character was seen as weak, or showed signs of weakness in front of another PC. (This can be Memory or Present time).
3. Write a thread where your pc starts to plan / plot or put in place something for their future.
4. Create a location. (You could develop one for a city or ic. with A dream? A story/plot? You decide! Paint with words here people!)
5. Create a creature. (You could develop one for a city or ic. with A dream? A story/plot? You decide! Paint a picture with words!)
6. Have your character OR an Npc your character is often around create a song, poem, or tall tale about your character or another PC or NPC.
7. Have your character create a short term goal and then reach said goal by the end of the event.
8. Create a vlog or journal entry going over some details about your character that you think no one has caught on to yet/explore things about your character that you think you haven't yet! (Yes, we want to know a thing or two about your character! That and maybe even you haven’t found it out yet! Only time will tell!)
9. Create a tense/awkward situation that your character has to manage to get through somehow by using a skill they've never used / have no points in.
10. Let your character create their own path through, around, and/or over something difficult that they must get past. (Either literally or figuratively)
1. Have your character encounter a unique regional-specific fauna.
2. Have your character discover a secret about another PC - true or not!.
3. Have your PC visit a unique location within their city and meet someone they didn't expect to see there! (This can be PC or NPC and may be someone they know or a stranger.)
4. Include somewhere in a single post the words: heartbeats, tango, dullard, phantom, and wonderland.
5. Pass on a story to a child (17 years of age or younger this can be NPC or PC).
6. Participate in a feast/City -specific celebration.
7. Learn more about an Immortal of your choice (at least 5 non-skill knowledges).
8. Find information about a missing person/bounty/or otherwise lost person that someone is trying to find. Become part of their story.
9. Save an animal/or any being of any race from anything from theft, to death.
10. Take a moment and go back to your characters past. Write about a memory of theirs either in a memory thread or them remembering in a current one. Include important figures from your pc's past and explore an area / aspect / situation you haven't explored so far with them.
1. Have your character teach a trick of their trade to another person (PC or NPC).
2. Have your character learn a trick of a trade from another person (PC or NPC).
3. Expand your characters knowledge on something they wouldn’t normally try to learn about. (identify what that is, then gain 5 knowledges in it. These can be skill or non-skill knowledges)
4. Have your character fail horribly at something.
5. Have your character fail horribly at something, then have them try again and again until they don't fail. (Note: this can be the same 'thing' they fail at as above, or it can be different. Up to you!)
6. Have your character watch something and attempt to copy it/stop it.
7. Have your character guide someone somewhere or be guided somewhere.
8. Have your character meet a new PC (Can be VIA Emea).
9. Use a moment from your character’s past to learn something new about to-trial!
10. Train/practice a skill your character has been meaning to work on.