Ilied Loraeva [Plot Notes and Things]

Development and ideas that would otherwise clutter the CS...

The plot development forum is designed for players and groups to keep track of their plot lines, goals they wish their characters to complete in each season, and anything else that may tie into your character's past, present, and future. Please remember that this is not the Personal Journals forum and should not be treated as such. All information posted within this forum should be information that ties back to your character within the Standing Trials Roleplay.

Moderator: Staff

Ilied Loraeva
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 20
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Ilied Loraeva [Plot Notes and Things]

Plot Notes: ???
WIP
word count: 3
Ilied Loraeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Ilied Loraeva [Q1]

Questionnaire 1

Character "interviews" and questionnaires always put me in a bind as a writer, because while these are obviously thoughts the characters have at some point or another, they behave very differently. That all being said, I think these questions help develop a character and personality out of a concept which is why I appreciate them. If there's any disconnect between the answers herein and RP, odds are Ilied lied, so don't take it personally. :) That all being said I'm approaching this from a self-seeking perspective, Ilied finding his own truths. Seeing the beliefs change over time will be very interesting. I'm curious to see if any of the core ideas transmute into full stories. Thematically it falls in line with a lot of identity themes I feel are at play in Standing Trials, so I'm excited!

What is your full name?
Ilied Loraeva

Where and when were you born?
In Ulthadria, to the west; though it feels like nowhere, removed. I was born on 54th trial of Ashen, 697.

Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
I don't know how they are now. My mother is, or was, Alluria, and my father Hildaer. They herded by trade, nothing glorious, but a means of making a living no less. They worked together, though I recall my mother's burden, my father. Older and foolish, she managed him like a babe as much as she did when rearing us. He was free-caring, sometimes too much so, yet somehow she was immeasurably kind. His work would become lazy, and her kindness would harden to keep up with the herds. They would both drink, and he would be sad, and she would be very angry. I try to not think of them.

Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
Two brothers, one elder, one younger. The last I saw they still lived with mum and pop. My elder brother was terribly smart and terribly mean. He thought himself the best of us when mum and pop were not looking. I think he was right, he did more than we could. He grew up in that though, so I am not surprised. He belongs there and I do not envy him; I envy the attention he gets though. I could never compare, it seemed. And our youngest, he caused nothing but trouble. It was like chasing a bird keeping up with him, truly impossible. He was mean too, and he didn't seem to care. I envied that about him, but would often find myself pulled and compared. Taeloth and Cedrin, they're called…

Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
I live in Ne'haer, by the sea. The apartment is small, dark, and cold, but I don't mind; I have the night. The people are varied and too vast to generalize. There are the warm and kind, and the cold and cruel, though most seem to be the bored and empty. It is simply existing here at times, if one isn't coming or going. It's a strange blend of chaos and order to find one's self in, to feel so connected and so alone all at once. Lonely even.

What is your occupation?
I manage money well. I'm not greedy. It's little more than a tool. Still, it is powerful, and we can do many things because of it, maybe wonderful or terrible things. I like to dream of amassing enough to do something wonderful, or terrible. I think it will depend, really.

Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
I feel short and fat, as I've grown lazy. I am pale, but in an empty way, not like rich cream or alabaster. My hair is brown, dark, my eyes blue and green. I don't really know if I have a style; I dress for comfort, as much as I can afford for now at least. Nothing about me is really unique or distinguishing. I'm just another face in the crowd, like any other human. I don't like my teeth; they feel crooked. Or my frizzy hair when it's long. I feel skinny and boney, and fat all the same. Especially my hands; they seem soft and squishy, yet can be so damned boney and thin…frail even. My ass seems to jiggle all the while. I think my hips look like a woman's even.

To which social class do you belong?
I'm not sure anymore. Vagabond? I pay my dues, but am not heading anywhere fast.

Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
Aside from being physically weak, I think not.

Are you right- or left-handed?
Right-handed; for some scripts it's not so bad.

What does your voice sound like?
I feel I sound whiney or high-pitched, but never hear anyone mention anything of it. Or I'm too quiet. Whatever the case is… I have a lisp too, but people often seem to not notice that either.

What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
I very frequently try not to use the same words too often, honestly.

What do you have in your pockets?
Some silver and coppers, for break. String, maybe? Ought I have something with me?

Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I feel everything I do can be strange or annoying, honestly. People say I act odd, but I'm not from these parts either. The Biqaj as a whole can add quite quirky. I think I tease too hard, too often. It doesn't matter really though, honestly. I don't know. Maybe I stare too deep or too long, or linger. I'm quiet; people hate that I am quiet. All the same, they don't like you if you're not, if the time is not right. It's all very silly, honestly.

Part 2: Growing Up
How would you describe your childhood in general?
Hateful. I think it was boring, but also dark in some ways. The world seems to end in Ulthadria, or just beyond it anyway. People are cold in some ways, quiet and quaint. And always working, it seemed.

What is your earliest memory?
I recall thunder, in my mind though only. There were gazelles running, but I couldn't see them. It was dusk. I don't know how I was there, or why; I really don't remember, honestly. And then I think I saw big eyes in the grasses, or felt them on me is more accurate somehow. I don't remember how many, but I think they looked back and saw me. And then I remember the dark, night sky and vicious howling and barking, even eventually an agonizing cry. Then silence.

How much schooling have you had?
I know my maths, reading, and writing. I learned a bit from the teachers around our home, but even more from mum. I have more to go, I know that. I think my maths have progressed well enough.

Did you enjoy school?
I don't remember, honestly.

Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Home. I know how to care for things a little bit, but have been out of practice for quite some time now. I'm not honestly sure I'd remember. I haven't much to show, I don't think.

While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
I didn't. Legends maybe but they're just legends.

While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
I loved my mum most, though I think she also made me the most upset. My father was all right, well meaning, and all. And my brothers meant fun, but were honestly great pains. I guess we were all distant in many ways.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I just remember wanting to be strong. Then I wanted to be an adventurer, and now I think I just want to be happy. I mean, I still want adventure, but I also want to be happy.

As a child, what were your favorite activities?
I mostly liked to play with animals. Our pet cat was my favorite.

As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I was quiet. I liked drawing, even in the dirt, but I was just being silly. I needed to help out more, help keep books and the like.

As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
I wasn't very popular. I had some friends when we were in school. That stopped though. We had to work, or at least I did. I try to not be bitter, but it's terribly difficult. I don't remember any friends really. The cat, again, but that sounds silly and lonely.

When and with whom was your first kiss?
Romantically, I haven't had one. I know who I had wanted to kiss, but no I haven't been kissed.

Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
Likewise, the same as a kiss, I'm afraid.

If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
I'm just odd. I've always been odd and I don't know why for sure. I don't feel special, so it's not a good kind of different, odd. It just makes me very angry. No, just frustrated honestly, but yes, I am odd, somehow.

Part 3: Past Influences
What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Who has had the most influence on you?
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
What is your greatest regret?
What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
When was the time you were the most frightened?
What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
What is your best memory?
What is your worst memory?

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

I'm honestly pretty optimistic. Cynical? Maybe, but I think things still work out. It's just that is not always the case.

What is your greatest fear?

I'm afraid of failing. I feel like I'm trying really hard, but I don't get anywhere. I feel stuck now in life even, here in Ne'haer. I don't know how much more drastic of a move I can make, or what I ought to be doing, but when I do I'm afraid it would be for naught, that there's nothing more to it.

What are your religious views?
What are your political views?
What are your views on sex?
Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
What do you believe makes a successful life?
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

Part 5: Relationships With Others
In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
What do you look for in a potential lover?
How close are you to your family?
Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Do you care what others think of you?

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
What is your most treasured possession?
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite food?
What, if anything, do you like to read?
What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
What makes you laugh?
What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
How do you deal with stress?
Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
What are your pet peeves?

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
What is your greatest strength as a person?
What is your greatest weakness?
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Are you generally organized or messy?
Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Do you like yourself?
What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
If you could choose, how would you want to die?
If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
What three words best describe your personality?
What three words would others probably use to describe you?
If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
word count: 2641
Ilied Loraeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events