• Out of Character • Melrath Q&A Thread

For Melrath-related Questions & Answers!

This is the OOC Forum for Melrath, for all your communication needs. Here you can find the Roster, the OOC Chat thread and many other useful resources.

Moderator: Pig Boy

Strange
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Renown: +999
Character Sheet
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 15

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Melrath Q&A Thread

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:38 am

Melrath Questions & Answers

Here is a place for Players of Melrath to ask questions related to Melrath!

Do you have questions? If so, consider asking it here rather than sending it in a pm.

Why? Because then everyone gets to read and reference the answer!

word count: 59
Hart
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +422
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 13

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: Melrath Q&A Thread

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:53 pm

1. How would the Svarstone react to a mortalborn? Mostly I'm curious whether the Stone or the people themselves would be able to identify mbs? So if they are unable to identify mbs that would be nice lmao.

2. The flunny is a Scalv fauna. Is it likely that there would be flunnies in Melrath, whether for sale or in the wild, or would they only be in Scalv?

Thanks!
word count: 71
Strange
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Renown: +999
Character Sheet
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 15

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:07 am

Eihr wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:53 pm
1. How would the Svarstone react to a mortalborn? Mostly I'm curious whether the Stone or the people themselves would be able to identify mbs? So if they are unable to identify mbs that would be nice lmao.

2. The flunny is a Scalv fauna. Is it likely that there would be flunnies in Melrath, whether for sale or in the wild, or would they only be in Scalv?

Thanks!
1. the Svarstone wouldn't react in any unusual or different manner to a MB. Same guidelines as to any place like Raelia or Fensalir apply to the people's ability to identify MB. (so probably not unless there is another MB in the mix...)

2. They are likely purchasable in anywhere that has a fairly large trade (Raelia, Fensalir, etc.). Feel free to develop a related species called a Melrathi Flunny that would be in the wild. Just post it to the Melrath Development Submissions.
word count: 166
Hart
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +422
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 13

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:17 pm

1. I know the Yggdrasil event is cancelled, but if possible I would like to know-
1a. Is the tree still there?
1b. If it is, are people still going missing around it?
1c. If it is and people aren't going missing, are players able to interact with the tree? Like go to the base of it, or climb it, or whatever?
1d. This is not a question, but I admit that I'm obsessed with this tree. Eihr really wants to climb it lmao.

2. Is there any way to own a sleipnir without being in the military? EDIT: In the lore it says there are some in the wild, but I'm not certain if there are OOC restrictions on who can own one, or if they can be purchased. Are they military only?

3. For the Return of Mages event on the calendar, are we able to self-mod getting mage's marks? The event mentions fines or similar punishments for unregistered mages; is the fine like, 1 WP? 10 WP?

Thanks!
word count: 176
Pig Boy
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 12

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Fri May 08, 2020 3:56 pm

2. I would think what Sleipnir are tamed by various breeders and tamers and such would go to the military, due to supply and demand. It's unlikely you'd be able to buy one, and would probably require special plot permissions or moderator input. It's not something you could attain from simple purchase from the shoppe for instance, even at tier 9 for an exotic mount.

3. For the mage mark thing, I'd want you to post to the plot tracker, so then I can leave a mod note saying that you have permission to receive the testing and then the mark from an Aesir and a Syn. Mage npcs used may not exceed competence in the magic being tested, unless they have been specifically been applied for as magic mentors tied to Melrath.
word count: 137
Brent Forrester
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Human
Profession: Cartographer
Renown: +260
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 7
Medal count: 3

Contribution

RP Medals

Thu May 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Hello, I have also been eyeing the Sleipnir as a potential future exotic mount, so I've got a couple of follow up questions:

a) Could a Renown reward (e.g. small renown reward) be used to instead grant access to this exotic mount, yet still pay full price (instead of 50% off)? For example, pay 10 WP for a good quality exotic mount, per the Shoppe?

b) Could a Melrath Faction reward (e.g. exotic), which can be used to reward the player with a winged or sea mount, be used for a Sleipnir? This is at 40 points and 60 points in the Faction reward system.

c) In Discord, it was mentioned that if a player has enough renown and has contributed to the good of Melrath, they might be able to purchase a Sleipnir. Would this be something like 5 good actions that benefit Melrath? Or 10? Or 20? Of course they would depend on the significance of the actions, but I just wanted to get a rough ball park idea.

d) Can a player submit a proposed plot to help the Ragnari and if they are successful, perhaps it will allow them the opportunity to buy a Sleipnir?

e) Are there other exotic mounts available in Melrath?

I was just a little disappointed about working hard to earn WPs, but they may not mean anything if I wanted to buy an exotic mount, even though the Shoppe states the different prices for exotic mounts.

Edit: Perhaps there might be runts or non-battle worthy Sleipnir that are easier to obtain by non-military. Or old/injured/maimed ones (perhaps one that lost its rider). If this was an option, I'd be big on exploring that.
word count: 290
Pig Boy
General Staff
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Thu May 14, 2020 1:55 pm

a) Could a Renown reward (e.g. small renown reward) be used to instead grant access to this exotic mount, yet still pay full price (instead of 50% off)? For example, pay 10 WP for a good quality exotic mount, per the Shoppe?

b) Could a Melrath Faction reward (e.g. exotic), which can be used to reward the player with a winged or sea mount, be used for a Sleipnir? This is at 40 points and 60 points in the Faction reward system.

c) In Discord, it was mentioned that if a player has enough renown and has contributed to the good of Melrath, they might be able to purchase a Sleipnir. Would this be something like 5 good actions that benefit Melrath? Or 10? Or 20? Of course they would depend on the significance of the actions, but I just wanted to get a rough ball park idea.

d) Can a player submit a proposed plot to help the Ragnari and if they are successful, perhaps it will allow them the opportunity to buy a Sleipnir?

e) Are there other exotic mounts available in Melrath?
a) I've thought about this after answering Q, and somewhat reconsidered my position. You could probably get the mount at full price (not excellent level though, those will all go to VIPs or breeders) for that renown reward. But I'd really like to see it play out in character if you do. If it's a male Sleipnir, it'll be a gelding. Only Excellent Sleipnir are allowed to contribute to the breeding population. Mares/female sleipnir will not be for sale as they are wanted for breeding.

b) Yes absolutely, but note that the faction system is currently not in effect, so yes but it'll have to be as part of a plot as opposed to claiming you have the appropriate faction points. Faction members of the second level and above can of course buy their own sleipnir as an exotic mount for the ordinary price. It will always be a gelding, however. Excellent and breed-quality specimen aren't unheard of for a reward for exceptional service. But they tend to be kept for the greatest and most important among the Ragnari and Melrathi society. Noblemen/Noblewomen will be given even more weight in consideration for owning a Sleipnir.

c) A deed of great significance may result in you receiving such an award. I'd prefer not to get too mechanical about how it might be done. Also, but unrelated to this question: It's possible with enough renown or service to Melrath that you could earn the right to breed Sleipnir even, but you'd have to prove your mettle at animal husbandry/training.

d) Yes

e) You can probably get yourself a Merquestrian, or just about any creature that's native to the Western Continent.
word count: 479
Brent Forrester
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Storybook

Contribution

RP Medals

Thu May 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks Pig! That really helps in opening potential for plots. I was a little anxious about what seemed to be a hard restriction earlier, so that really really helps.
word count: 29
Pig Boy
General Staff
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 pm

You're welcome.

Adding onto that... In terms of weight given to people who will be considered for owning a Sleipnir, it'll go as thus from least likely to be considered, to most likely: Outlanders - > Natives - > Ragnari - > Nobility

Poor people (below tier 5 let's say) will never be considered for ownership of a Sleipnir. They simply don't have the means to keep such a creature. If a known poor person is seen in possession of a Sleipnir, he will be pursued and forced to relinquish the mount.
word count: 90
Brent Forrester
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Storybook

Contribution

RP Medals

Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 pm

As an aside, it's noted in the Shoppe that exotic mounts can only be purchased by players at Tier 5-10:

"Tier 1 - Tier 4 do not have access to Exotic mounts unless approved in the PSF or awarded by a Prophet. Tier 5 - Tier 10 do have access to Exotic mounts, though many of the Tiers must still buy an Exotic mount with Wealth Points in order to own one."

So it makes sense that if a player were to obtain an exotic mount through other means, they would have trouble maintaining that mount.
word count: 96

Return to “Past the Vale”