• PM To Join • The Snake Shaman

The untamed wilderness of Melrath is vast and encompasses frigid mountain ranges, glacial fields, deep alpine lakes, dark ancient forests as well as the expansive shoreline of the nation. Here creatures and spirits dwell together in the remote places of the world, far from the hustle and bustle of civilization.

Moderator: Oracle

Nasod
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Bounty & Monster Hunter
Renown: +200
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

The Snake Shaman

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:34 pm

Ymiden 47th,719

Company: Unknown figures| Theme: Somebody Else| Thoughts: How did they catch me?| Mood: Pissed
Returning from an exciting affair in the capitol of Melrath, Nasod was greeted by the animals of the forest. They had fled upon his arrival, in fear of him being a vicious predator, which they were not wrong about. He was just happy to out of the prying eyes of those damn monks after all. Within the safety of forest, he relaxed a bit. In his mind he wasnt sure what would be his next move, but he knew very well he couldnt remain in one place for long. He began plotting his next course of action, opting to move further away from this region, going north.

As he mulled over his option everything around him went black. He couldnt recall how it happened, but in a few short moments, he had been snatched. How the hell did it happen? Who did it? Where the hell was he now? He could hear voices in the background, and his predatorial instincts noting several figures around him.

Wherever they had taken him was outside, the smell of trees and the gentle kiss of wind on his face noted that much. Fidgeting around he found his hands were bound, locked together.

But above all this, the one thing that was making him ancy was the fact he couldnt feel his totems. he tried to shift into Sparky, bust his way out and head north as he planned, but he couldnt. He kept trying, reaching out to each totem but to no avail. Finally, the obstruction to his eyes was removed, and his crimson reptilian eyes laid on the group of monks from the trial prior.

He was surrounded by these monks, and his glare fixed on them all, a loud hiss coming from him.
Nasod Otias
word count: 342
㊮ "I'm nothing more than a snake. With cold skin and no emotions, as I slither around searching for prey with my tongue, swallowing down whoever & whatever looks tasty." ㊮
Jasper
Approved Character
Profession: Aesir
Renown: +15
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: The Snake Shaman

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 am

Jasper hadn’t been one of the shaman sent to go and retrieve the new arrival. Experience had long since taught the Aesir that foreign mages didn’t react well to being told they had to register and pass a test. Jasper didn’t know much about the outside world but from what he had heard mages weren’t welcomed or even trusted. They were a resource squandered and waisted. The mages were distrustful of the power and the people in it. Jasper understood why it was that this Becomer had run.

Jasper had been asked to act as this individuals mage mentor through this test. In the case of a Melrathian they would have asked the person who awakened the mage in question but that was clearly not happening in this case. So Jasper approaches through his fellow shaman. He approached wearing a vest and black slacks. The vest allowed one to see his embla on his arms. On one arm were the scares from his fight with a Grendel while on the other were the carefully crafted marks showing him as a full grown adult. Far away it just looked like matching scars. It was harder to see them but he also had matching marks on his palm. One marking him as an Aesir and another marking his as a mage. He wore all of them proudly.

The others wore the more complex robes of the Aesir and mask across their faces designed make there presence more uncomfortable. They parted to let Jasper through as he walked forward. Jasper looked at the man tied in the middle clearing. The young mage sat down on the ground in front of the Becomer even as he was being hissed at.

Jasper smiled at the mage. “Once again let me welcome you to Melrath. I am Jasper and will serve as your mage mentor for this test.” His voice was calm and his expression friendly. “I apologize for the ruff treatment, but all mages must pass this test.” Jasper held up his palm showing his mage mark. “It’s a simple thing but once done you can go anywhere within Melrath.” His brown eyes looked into Nasir’s red eyes. “I am sure you have questions go ahead and ask please.
Last edited by Jasper on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 387
Nasod
Approved Character
Profession: Bounty & Monster Hunter
Renown: +200
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Re: The Snake Shaman

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Ymiden 47th,719

Company: Unknown figures| Theme: Somebody Else| Thoughts: How did they catch me?| Mood: Pissed
The viper's hiss subsided as he listened to the man speak. He knew this much from his intial enncounter in the city. Why was it so damn important to test them, and then brand them?

His gaze adverted to those in the room, then fixed back on the male that came to sit with him. Leaning forward the viper hissed a bit before speaking.

"Have you ever thought that mages don't like being told "Hey you need to prove you are capable and be branded like cattle. Its either that or you get exiled or killed". No sane mage would like to hear as such."

His tone was condescending but he chuckled, as it was just his own opinion, as he was not the norm when it came to mages. Looking at those around, he snarled, fidgeting with the restraints.

"It's gonna be kinda hard to demonstrate my prowess, cause somehow I can't feel my spark. And a word to the wise, cutting a becomer off from his totems is not the best way to get his cooperation.....just for future reference.

He noted, hoping it would prompt the man to release him. He had no intention of running as it was apparent they were much better at finding him than he was at avoiding them. At this point, he was just eager to prove he was capable and move on.

Nasod Otias
word count: 302
㊮ "I'm nothing more than a snake. With cold skin and no emotions, as I slither around searching for prey with my tongue, swallowing down whoever & whatever looks tasty." ㊮

Return to “The Wilds”