Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Cyrus, Cad, Kisaik, Nathan, Goku, and Tei'serin

Moderators: Pig Boy, Pegasus

Post Reply
User avatar
Kisaik
Approved Character
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:58 pm
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: +260
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8
Medal count: 1

Miscellaneous

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Image
Image
Kisaik found himself losing balance, as Revel swept his cape with a fabulous flourish for Nathan. This was quite unlike Kisaik, as he was a well-trained and skilled acrobatic of sorts. Nevertheless, he wasn't expecting the sudden motion from Cad, and so was knocked to the ground. Once he got back to his feet, he looked up at Cad, and then Tei'serin and Nathan, and assured them, "I'm quite alright fellows. No need to worry."

Having assured them that he was, in fact, intact and well cared for, their attention was drawn to the ghost that had suddenly appeared before them. "Eggs you say? Hmmm, I have experience with eggy rescue. It seems our arriving here was most fortuitous!" He began stretching his legs, using his Growth Domain ability Kisaik can stretch his legs, each a few feet at a time, so that his legs are sort of stilted, for lack of a better description, allowing him walking/running speed of a normal person He began leading the way down to the Heart of the World. "Come on, if there are eggs in that hot and fiery place, we've no time to waste!"

So Kisaik began leading the way, maintaining as much awareness as he was capable of his surroundings. This was a most desolate place, without plants and vegetation it seemed, and he was quite out of his element. However, as he invoked the power of his Orange Fairy Ringthe Fairy Ring allows Kisaik a measure of courage that calms and allows him to think clearly in dangerous situations., giving him a sense of morale and courage as he delved deeper into the caverns.

"Come on fellows! There's no time to waste!"

word count: 289
Image
Image
User avatar
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:25 am
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: +268
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10
Medal count: 21

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:12 am

Image




Chip fell off of Doctor Revel's shoulder as he flourished his cape again. Tei'serin started to ask if he was okay, the healer in her already watching him carefully for any signs of injury. But she couldn't see any, and he insisted that he was okay, so she accepted his word for it. Truthfully, she was very relieved that he wasn't injured. She wasn't at all certain what she could do to help an injured Tuniwa.

The ghost girl answered Nathan's question, but the answer only seemed to lead to more questions. "They" wanted the eggs? What kind of eggs? Were they real eggs that would hatch into some kind of living creature...or were the eggs the artifact that they were supposed to find and only resembled eggs? Her own question of who "they" were was ignored as was the "doctor's"...though in his case, Tei'serin could understand why his question was ignored. The thought of a child propositioning anyone was ridiculous to her mind.

Tei'serin wasn't certain what to do with the information that the girl had given her. They weren't supposed to be there? She wasn't either? Did that mean that "they" were ghosts like her and that they were supposed to be...wherever people went when they died if they didn't become ghosts? Or did it mean something else entirely? It seemed important to the girl that she didn't tell anyone though, so she promised her that she wouldn't.

Tei'serin had once been a teacher, and she was a mother now, so when the ghost child seemed almost frightened by their newest...companion...she stood firm when the girl hid behind her. She wasn't sure how she could protect the ghost, or what the ghost needed protection from, but she would offer her what protection that she could. And when she told her that she hated loud stuff, understanding hit her. Doctor Revel certainly was loud.

"I don't like loud noises either." she whispered to the young ghost girl.

After a short time, the ghost girl told her that she was tired, and mentioned the eggs once more. Then she started to flicker, and was gone soon after that. Chip was clearly eager to go rescue the "eggs," and that seemed as good a plan as any to Tei'serin. Staying where they were didn't seem like a good idea, at least. And if the eggs were in fact the artifact they were supposed to get, then so much the better.

"We should probably follow him." she told Nathan.

Then she used the rope that was wrapped around the book in such a way that it could be carried on someone's back to secure it firmly to her own back and checked her bow before moving to do just that.




word count: 492
User avatar
Cad Revel
Approved Character
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 pm
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +25
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Image

Timestamp: 35th of Saun, 721
Location: The Heart of the World
Cad did not consider himself unintelligent. Quite the opposite actually; in his opinion he was the very model of a genius. Yet in this particular moment Cad had to admit that he was completely clueless about what was going on. Why was the ghost now mentioning eggs? Was someone cooking an omlette or something?

Nonetheless the ghost didn't seem much inclined to talk to him, and so Cad waited for her to flicker out of existence before raising an eyebrow at the space she'd been inhabiting. "Well... that was weird. I don't suppose anyone else has a clue what that was all about do they?"

With the spectre gone there was no need to linger, and so Cad remustered his enthusiasm and followed after Kisaik as the Tunawa led the way through yet more tunnels. As they walked, Cad's thoughts turned once again to plotting how to delay the group without outing himself. As of yet he hadn't spotted any opportunities to do so, but he needed to be as prepared as possible for when the moment presented itself. And in order to do that he needed more information.

Whenever Cad cast magic he had to figuratively look inside himself; feel the sparks within his heart, and feed them with his ether until they flared to life. It was often a tricky process and required more than a little concentration. Yet when using those strange abilities that came as part of his birthright, Cad did not need to concentrate at all. It came as naturally as breathing. As such there was no sign that something was amis as Cad's eyes flickered from one companion to the other, willing for that mysterious voice inside his head to whisper scandalous secrets into his ear.

Magic/Abilities/Items Used

Mortalborn - Hamartia: Everything has a weakness. It could be a physical one, like an old injury or a crack in a wall. It could be a psychological one, like a fear or a nasty secret. It could even be a supernatural one, like a mutation or a curse. As long as Cad can see his target and consciously wishes to activate this power, a disembodied voice will whisper in his ear telling him what the target's current greatest weakness is. It does not come with the knowledge of how to use this information to his advantage; he must figure this out himself.

Kisaik, Tei'serin and Nathan, it would be greatly appreicated if in your next post you described what Cad would discover your character's greatest weakness to be. Thank you.
word count: 467
User avatar
Nathan Wolfgang
Approved Character
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 2:49 am
Race: Human
Renown: +15
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:10 am


“You too?” Nathan spoke in astonishment, of all the places in Idalos that he would meet another person who is working for Raskalarn.

“You’re right on that one doctor. Don’t want to disappoint her.” Nathan replied as he lowers his guard. His previous suspicion of the doctor was immediately dismissed, seeing as the doctor’s last remark was spot on.

Nathan watched as Cad flourished his cape again. After he saw that Cad was really unarmed, and with the previous discovery that they are working for the same employer, Nathan releases his grip on his long sword and his ax.

“Hey Chip, you alright?” Nathan asks Kisaik when Cad flourished his cape and Kisaik fell to the ground.

“Well, I once knew a merchant with quite the same enthusiasm in the fashion. I thought you might be somehow related to him. But that was a long time ago. Full circles are better too in my opinion, who knows what else you could hide under there.”

She's never been this far? So it’s true that they somehow like us are whisked on a whim to this forsaken and cursed place. Eggs? What kind of eggs? Literal eggs or the artifact looks like eggs? Nathan thought to himself. Lost in thoughts when he realizes it the ghost girl was nowhere to be seen. Should have asked her name, who knew we might need her help when things go sideways. Nathan thought to himself as he ponders on Cad’s follow-up question.

“Well doctor, the last thing I remember was going back to the inn after job, then next thing you know I’m here, guess should just follow the mission our employer gave us then. “

Nathan turned toward Chip. He was excited too, but not for the same reason. Finally, let’s get this over with, he thought to himself.

“Well then, lead the way Chip, we really need to get to it before anything major happens.”

“Bloody – “ Nathan exclaimed as he witness Chip grew in size.

“Yeah you’re right, we should,” Nathan replied to Tei’serin as he jogged after Kisaik.

Just out of the blue as if a reminder of his past guilt and burden. He remembers the scene at the cave when the Aukari and Lotharro ambushed them, how he delivered the final blow to his dying commander before making it off with whatever loot he and his fellow deserters could get their hands on. It was us or them, right? The Blades ambushed us it would be a massacre, considering our previous loss. No one could have survived that right? Lokhert that old fool, would have known that the mission is a failure right? What if somebody survives the ambushed? Damn it.

His memories flash before him as he follows after Kisaik.
word count: 470
User avatar
Shl'Drei
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm
Race: Human
Profession: Animal Trainer
Renown: +120
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 4
Medal count: 1

Contribution

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:06 pm

Further into the vast heart, the air steamed. Despite the feeling of dampness, it was clear that the clearing they walked into was extremely hot. It was a large opening, flat and hissing with the surrounding lava. Yet something more important would catch the groups' eyes. The glow of in the center of the room. Glowing in a pattern not unlike flowing lava, the large rocks sat in what appeared to be a nest of sorts. They burned with energy, but of what and for what they couldn't know.

The eggs whispered by the ghost appeared to be more magma rocks, but with the souring area looking more and more like a den, and the place the eggs sat a nest, it was easy to see where she got confused. There was a tense silence around the rocks, and the whole area seemed far more dangerous than anything they had felt so far. The area was far hotter and humid than the rest of the Volcano. If they chose to get closer to the rocks, the heat increased near them.

Voices could be heard next- behind the nest was a split path, and it appeared that someone had arrived before they had. They took no notice of the group, having their backs turned towards them. Two men and a woman of Aukari descent. They woman guarded the left path, with the two men guarding the right. It was clear they were guarding the den, but from the way they stood stone still as if petrified was strange. With each having a sword sheathe on their hip, it appeared that the room wasn't the only danger present.

General Information

  • Now that we're getting significantly into the story part, any non-posting will have a greater effect on both the story itself and the other PCs. Therefore, we are adopting an approach of "two strikes" - miss one round of posting and there are IC consequences at the end of the thread. If a second round is missed, the PC(s) in question will be written out of the thread and a negative consequence will be given. If there is going to be an issue for you, please contact your mod or Basilisk at the earliest moment, in order to work out where to go from here.
  • Please note that these rules will apply to all players in this thread. When we move to the next stage of this Global Event, however, it will be a no-strikes policy, which Basilisk will make explicit.
  • Due to the time-sensitive nature of this, I can not hold out for people to post. If you miss a round, there will (I'm afraid) be consequences. That said, doing silly things like slapping an immortal will also have consequences- if you know you're not going to make a deadline just communicate and we can work something out.
  • This style of event moderation - with objectives etc - was created by a wonderful moderator named Crimson.
  • Next modpost will be on the Tuesday the 20th. Anyone who has not posted by 10:59 PM EST on Monday the 19th will be counted for one missed round.

Objectives

 ! Message from: Must-Do
  • Inspect the glowy magma rocks.
 ! Message from: Can-Do
  • None

Strikes

Nathan, you posted just after the deadline. I won't count it as a missed round since it was a small window, but I won't be making exceptions past this point.
Kisaik has one strike.
word count: 578
User avatar
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:25 am
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: +268
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10
Medal count: 21

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:29 pm

Image




The clearing that Tei'serin found herself in was much hotter than anything else she had experienced so far. So much so that she suspected that without the protection that U'frek had given them, the heat would have been fatal. That thought made her wonder if they really could trust that the protection that they had been given would last as long as they needed it to. Men lied, either to further their own needs, or on the orders of one that they served. It was no far stretch in Tei'serin's mind that an Immortal might lie to someone who was not marked by them. And yet...who was to say that none of the others she was with were marked by U'frek? She had no way of knowing that for certain. Besides, if U'frek wanted them to succeed in this task, why would he give them faulty protection, or protection that wouldn't last as long as they needed it? What purpose would that serve? Unless he didn't really care if they succeeded or not...but if that were the case, then why kidnap them and send them on this artifact hunt in the first place? There were too many unknowns here for Tei'serin's comfort, and she didn't like it one bit.

Still. They were stuck here until U'frek decided to send them all home again, and Tei'serin didn't think it likely that he would do so unless and until they were successful in their mission. To that end, Tei'serin looked around the clearing, searching for anything that might be dangerous, or that might be the artifacts the were looking for, or the eggs that the ghost had mentioned...really, just about anything out of the ordinary.

The center of the clearing was glowing. And that certainly was out of the ordinary. What was causing the glow that seemed almost like flowing lava? Upon further examination, she noticed the magma rocks that seemed to be sitting in a nest of sorts...almost like eggs. Could these rocks be the "eggs" that the ghost had mentioned? And if so, were they really just magma rocks, or were they the artifacts they were supposed to find? Perhaps more importantly...how were they supposed to find out?

Tei'serin approached the "eggs" cautiously, and she immediately noticed that the closer she got to them, the hotter it got. She wasn't at all certain what she was looking for, but she studied the "eggs" as she tried to see if she could see anything that would tell her if these were real eggs of some kind, just magma rocks, or the artifacts they were meant to find. She could not bring herself to touch them, however. If the heat increased just by getting closer to them, then it seemed likely that touching them was a good way to get burned. She wondered if any of the others would be willing to take that risk.

That thought turned her mind to the others. What did she know about the three men that were with her in the clearing? Nothing really. And that worried her. The unknown was dangerous when it came to men. Strange men might well be working for Thorin. She shuddered slightly at the thought. None of them had told her that they were working for him, nor had they demanded what so many of his coworkers had demanded of her in the past. That was a good thing, and it was a point in their favor. But just because they hadn't made any demands of her yet didn't mean that they weren't going to. Even if this was a very unlikely place for it. Nor did it mean they weren't spying on her for Thorin, and that this wasn't a trap. Of course...with U'frek being the one to bring Nathan, Chip, and herself here...that was less likely. Not even Thorin could convince an Immortal to do his bidding or set things up for a test for her. Even so...

Tei'serin stopped that train of thought before it began. She didn't trust any of her companions in the slightest, but if she started questioning everything, then she was likely to go mad worrying about it. Of the three, Chip was probably the safest. Thorin had never sent a Tuniwa to her before, and she didn't think that he had any of them working for him. And a Tuniwa was too small to be much use to Thorin. Probably. Except for the fact that Chip was able to grow bigger...

Then there was Doctor Revel. Surely he was too...loud and over the top to be working for Thorin. The way he talked, and that cape thing of his made it seem very unlikely that he was working for Thorin. Thorin had a very low tolerance for such things, and Tei'serin was fairly certain that someone like what little she had seen of Doctor Revel so far would anger Thorin and get himself killed before too long if he was working for her "guardian." Unless of course the man had some knowledge or skill that was useful to Thorin...

Finally there was Nathan. Of the three, he was the most likely candidate to be working for Thorin, and Tei'serin planned to keep a close eye on him. If this was some kind of test for her as unlikely as that seemed...then failure was not an option. She really didn't want to think about the punishment that would be hers for failing a test.

Then again...she hadn't heard anything at all from Thorin in a very long time. Had he forgotten about her? That seemed very unlikely. More likely, he was just too busy to check up on her progress in Desnind. It was strange, but she hoped desperately that it was the latter. He still had her family as hostages for her good behavior. When she had left for Desnind, they were all still in Treth, but that might well not still be the case. By now, they could be anywhere in the world, and unless Thorin brought them to Desnind, summoned her to him, or told her where they were, she would have no way of ever finding them again. She didn't even know if they were still alive. Thorin could have killed some, or any of them during the time she'd been in Desnind, and she wouldn't even know unless he told her about it. And Tei'serin clung to that thought. Thorin took great pleasure in hurting her. If he had hurt or killed one of her family members...he would have told her, knowing how much that would hurt her. Since he had not, then were alive. She had to believe that because she didn't think she could bear it if it were not true.

Tei'serin forced her mind back to the present. There was nothing she could do about her family now, and this was hardly the time to be worrying about it when she didn't even know if she would be alive at the end of the trial. She went back to looking around the clearing, and she froze when she heard voices coming from up ahead. When she looked, she could see a split path beyond the nest of magma eggs. A woman was guarding the left path while two men were guarding the right. They had their backs turned towards her and the others, so they hadn't seen them. Yet. But they looked like Aukari, and they were armed. Could these be members of the Aukari Occult that U'frek had warned them about?

Tei'serin's hand reached for her bow, but she froze. Could she really try to shoot these people? In the back? She wasn't sure that she could bring herself to try and kill someone at all, never mind in such a fashion. And...what if these people weren't the enemy? She cautiously edged to where her companions were standing, hoping that the others...whoever they were...would not hear her movements.

"We're not alone." she warned quietly.




Last edited by Tei'serin Nji'ryn on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1396
User avatar
Kisaik
Approved Character
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:58 pm
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: +260
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8
Medal count: 1

Miscellaneous

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:56 pm

Image
Image
 ! Message from: Kisaik's Weaknesses
For Cad:

Kisaik has a weakness to fire, like all tunawa. Very flammable. He also is a thrill junkie and has trouble resisting the urge to play the hero or to dive headlong into a dangerous situation.
Kisaik shook off the fall, and smiled gratefully at Nathan, "No, I'm very well, thank you."

Their walk took them down the tunnels, and toward a group of what looked to be Aukari, the red-headed big folk. At first, Kisaik thought of Lady Vega, but then he remembered that the Aukari of the Occult was their enemy, and liable to attack them if they were discovered. U'frek had told them that stealth was paramount, or so he seemed to remember. Kisaik turned around to the others, and said in a low voice, "I will sneak ahead and inspect those rocks... I'm fairly good at sneaking (competent stealth), and I think I can get by them without alarming them."

Kisaik only had to make his legs small again and stopped stretching out. Being small came with its particular advantages, one of those being that he made a very small target. Kisaik glanced at Cad, wondering what he was about. His suspicions were growing, but then it was always his way to give people the benefit of the doubt. Still, there was something different about him.

Nevertheless, Kisaik did as he said he would, and went forward to sneak ahead and inspect the glowing magma rocks, all the while trying not to attract the notice of the nearby Aukari. He was wary of their standing so still, wondering if there was something wrong about them, but there was little to be done for it now. He only had to sneak by, and hope they didn't notice him.

He didn't get close enough to burn, however, and would be ready to portal or blink away if it showed any sign of zapping him with fire. His skill in rupturing was such that he was capable of moving at a moment's notice, and his reflexes were good (expert athletics). As he approached the magma rocks, he tried to perceive through his Peer through the Veil ability from Loshova, to tell if there was anything spiritual about the magma rocks.

word count: 383
Image
Image
User avatar
Cad Revel
Approved Character
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 pm
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +25
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Image

Timestamp: 35th of Saun, 721
Location: The Heart of the World
Cad's eyes shifted to his companions one by one as he willed his strange inherant powers to activate, settling first on Nathan. For a few seconds nothing happened, yet Cad had the peculiar sensation that some unseen presence had settled on his shoulders. Then within his mind a soft, feminine voice echoed, as if both from a far distance and from right beside his ear.

"Ah, the recreant soldier."

Her tone was laced with wry amusement, an unseen smirk no doubt playing on her lips as the voice whispered scandals and secrets into his ear. "His heart is plagued by guilt. The blood of his commander stains his hands and soaks through into his soul. He fears the light of truth that comes to illuminate his sin to the world."

Next Cad's eyes turned to Tei'serin, and again the voice chirped acerbically in his ear. "The puppet girl. She dances to the whims and tunes of another far away across the sea. Pull on her strings too sharply and watch her spasm and snap."

Finally Cad looked at Kisaik. The forest knight. Such a big heart, such courage, and yet all contained within a body that breaks like a twig. Introduce it to flame, and see how quickly that big hearts burns away."

Fire huh? That was interesting. Guilt and manipulation wouldn't be so easy to exploit, but fire certainly would be. Heck they were in a volcano for crying out loud, how difficult could it be to find fire here on all places? No plan immediately popped into Cad's head, but at least now if an opportunity emerged he'd be better armed to make use of it.

When the group emerged into a particularly hot clearing that contained some sort of nest-like structure within Cad resisted the urge to shout out in triumph. Even if he was on Faldrun's side he had no idea if those Aukari up ahead new that, and he wasn't exactly keen to tangle with who he presumed were highly trained soldiers. Even if he'd had a weapon with his direct combat wasn't exactly his forte; after all what self respecting evil genuis fought themselves when they had perfectly capable hencemen to do that sort of thing for them? He gave a silent nod to Kisaik, an unspoken approval of his plan to handle this with guile, and remained quiet and well hidden back at the entrance while the Tunawa went to inspect the egg-like rocks.

Magic/Abilities/Items Used

None
word count: 460
User avatar
Nathan Wolfgang
Approved Character
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu May 27, 2021 2:49 am
Race: Human
Renown: +15
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:29 pm

Nathan followed after Kisaik, Tei’serin, and the Cad as they walked into a clearing. He could feel the air gets warmer.

We would have been burnt pieces of meat served on a silver platter for Faldrun if it wasn’t for the silver-haired immortal’s protection. But still, don’t want to push my luck. For all, we know Faldrun could come out from one of those tunnels and snapped us to oblivion. This is after all his backyard. Nathan thought to himself as he stood by his companions and survey the clearing.

He looked for a sturdy cavern wall near the entrance and leaned on it. Removing his helmet to take a breather.

“Something feels off, don’t you think doctor?” Nathan asked Cad as he saw Cad who was seemingly observing the area.

There’s something in the air, it just doesn’t felt right. Nathan put two and two together from what Kisaik told them earlier and what the ghost girl told them. So this must be the place huh? He thought to himself as he held his helmet in his right hand and with his left, he grips the seashell in his left pocket. He watched as Tei’serin made her way closer toward the magma rock, before looking behind the nest-like structure, clutching her bow and making her way back to them.

“We’re not alone” she whispered.

Nathan bend his head downward and smirked. “Of course, it wouldn’t have been that easy.” He looked at the nest again and puts on his helmet but making sure to keep the visor open. He straightens his posture and unsheathes his long sword.

“Be careful Chip. By the way aside from growing your limbs could you do it to immobilize them by any chance? In case they decided to rush over here. Tei’serin could hit them from afar. And well it’s easier to bash a still target right?” Nathan said to Kisaik as he follows close behind. A few steps out then he stopped dead in his tracks. It’s not normal to see Aukari standing out in the open. They would usually hide for an ambush. This is the artifact that Faldrun is looking for right? There should have been a legion or so, or perhaps they’re spread thin? Or because this is his backyard, that’s why they spare the bare necessities? They should know that there are two ways to enter this place right? The one that they are facing and the path we came from. Why are they just guarding that side? Was it just my imagination or are they standing perfectly still?

Nathan slowly walks backward toward the entrance they just came from, with eyes still locked on the Aukari, the magma rocks in the nest-like structure, and Chip whose making his way toward the rocks and the Aukari.

“Tei’serin, be prepared to shoot at anyone that’s not us. Something doesn’t feel right.” Then he puts his hand back into his left pocket and grips the seashell.

“Doctor, what unique set of skills is it. The one you mentioned earlier? Combat or support? Surely the employer would have employed you for either of those right? Feels like things are about to go south.”

Hey ghost girl, if you’re here you know we could use the help. Nathan thought to himself as he gripped the seashell tightly. After five trills he let go of it.

“Hey Doc, in case you need to get your hands dirty. I’ll be taking it back after all this is over.” Nathan said as he handed his hand axe to Cad. If Cad accepts it he will give it to him, if not then he will holster it back. After making sure that the doctor and the girl are within his field of vision, he would then proceeds to lower his visor and switched his grip on his long sword from a single-handed grip to a two-handed grip and braces himself for what is to come.
word count: 683
User avatar
Tempest
General Staff
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 1

Staff

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Ocean Forge

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:39 am

Image

A Storm is Coming...


As the group made it into the cave it was clear that the Aukari across from them were either paralyzed by something, or they were too terrified to move. When Kisaik began to jump towards the three people they did not seem bothered by his approach. None of them turned to run away from the tunnels, but none of them dared to go forward either. It was clear they had been proceeding further in past the strange magma eggs that sat in the middle of the room. The heat from the room did not appear to bother them at first.

Their skin did not appear to be red like the adventure’s would the longer they stayed in the heat. Or rather would have if it had not been for U’Frek giving them protection from the heat. The eggs in the nest appeared to twitch when someone got near them as if they could sense movement around them. If Kisaik tried to use any vines to tie the Aukari members up, he would find that his vines would become brittle and easy to break in the immense heat. However, the two men did not move should the vines actually wrap around them.

It was the woman that seemed to be pulled from her paralyzed fear. She jerked back and fell to the ground screaming still staring down the tunnel. A low rumbling could be heard down both tunnels, yet it did not sound like it was getting closer to the group. Whatever was hidden in the darkness beyond was making sure that the Aukari could not progress further. The very creatures of the volcano were trying to protect their home from those who would harm it. Two red symbols appeared to glow in the middle of the darkness suspended from midair.

It would become brighter with each low growl while the eggs also glowed and shook harder in response to the growls. The male Aukari were shaking while staring. One tried to take a step back away from the tunnel but fell down while speaking in Vauni in what sounded like begging. He made sure to never break eye contact with the creatures that lay beyond the darkness.

 ! Message from: Tempest
Hello everyone! I am the wild Tempest from the mod team. Because ShI'Drei has some things going on this week IRL I will be your mod post for this week. I hope you enjoy, please let me know if you have any questions.
word count: 427
Post Reply

Return to “Parts Unknown”