Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Storied Gold

Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Kalortah listened carefully to the geese, and they did babble like children who'd just discovered that they had a tongue to talk. Asking questions, full of curiosity. It would have been endearing if not for the urgency of the situation. But several things he gathered from it. Red ones were bad, and stole their eggs. The Big One, which Kalortah surmised to mean the large goose making noise behind them, was responsible for taking their treasure. Whatever that was. Too many questions, really. Kalortah didn't have time to ask them, and settle down yet. They needed to make haste to wherever these geese were leading them, and then maybe they'd have a chance to take stock.

"The Big Goose behind us is not one of them, not a bird of any kind, as far as I can tell. It's a danger to us, and we must run from it, following these geese! Come along now!"

Kalortah heard the child's pitiful pleas about someone she'd overheard babbling in another language. Kalortah heard the same tongue, and his brow furrowed as his lips curved cruelly. "Then by all means, stay behind and be taken by the agents of Faldrun, child. Perhaps you'll slow them down. As for someone asking for help in that... repulsive tongue... Vauni? Forget it, a trick if anything."

Having taken too much time already to say that, Kalortah led their run after the geese, chasing them to safety, one could hope.

Kalortah asked the nearest bird only one question, as he ran, huffing as he made his way through the corridors. "So, are these eggs valuable to anyone other than the Golden Flock? As for why I have such a short neck... I'm a different kind of bird. And yes, gold is very nice. I'm scarce to think anyone would disagree."

That said, he continued chasing after the geese, following them, while beckoning for the others to follow, but only half-heartedly.

word count: 333
Image ~ Image ~ Image
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trapper
Renown: +530
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8
Medal count: 13

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:03 pm

One of us! One of us! Golden gaggle! golden gaggle!

Oram had walked out of his tent that morning planning to kill something; if things continued as they had been going so far, he might yet do just that, and not necessarily for food. He was starting to hate everybody. Cassion (who may or may not really have been Cassion) had left them stranded here with no assistance and barely any information; then there was everybody except Alyssia immediately focusing on just trying to leave as soon as possible, without even considering one another or the adventure ahead of them; Alyssia herself wandering down strange corridors by herself and arguing when Oram pointed out what a bad idea that was; geese pecking and honking at them; and Kalortah was being his usual selfish and heartless self. Oh, and the other people in these caverns were most likely Aukari occult agents who would kill them on sight just for having seen them.

Of these, oddly enough, Kalortah was being the most helpful and least obnoxious at that moment. ”Never thought I’d see the trial..” he muttered unhappily. Still, he was sure that it wouldn’t last, and he prepared himself mentally for the inevitable moment of betrayal. When Kal urged him to be nice to Gandersauce, Oram looked down doubtfully at the goose in question. ”I’m having a rough trial myself,” he said to it, though he doubted it would understand. ”Will you be nice to me?”

Annoyance gave way to alarm when Alyssia announced that, not only were there voices ahead speaking in Vauni, but also she intended to go help them. The traveler shot Kal a nasty look in response to the avriel’s nasty suggestion, but he did not argue. ”Kalortah is many things,” he told the girl: ”But he’s not wrong here. Remember what Cassion told us about the Aukari occult when we first arrived. Anyone speaking Vauni down here is not our friend. I doubt that it’s an actual trap, but it might as well be for all the danger running to that cry will likely put us in. Best stay with us and follow the geese.”

Other voices, seeming to speak the same language, came up from the depths, and Oram noticed Alyssia listening to them. ”Whoever you heard earlier was clearly not alone,” he urged her. ”And again, are no friends to us. Leave them be to help one another.” He put his hand on the girl’s shoulder and then quickly recoiled; she was astoundingly hot to the touch. ”You need to calm down. You won’t be of help to anybody if you freak out. Come on! Why don't you tell us what they're saying while we move.” He then moved urgently himself to follow Kal and the geese. The faint voice was telling him the same story as Kal, which gave the hunter just a mite of confidence that this was the right thing to do; moreover, he had no intention of letting Kalortah out of his sight.

…Of course, that raised the question who or what the voice in question actually was. He could hear it in his head, so perhaps Amoach could tell him more? Reaching out mentally to his diri, he asked if it could tell him anything about the source of the voice, or about anything else that might await them ahead.
word count: 571
Villains are powerless against story beats.
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: +100
Character Sheet
Secrets
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 3

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:58 am

Alyssia felt heartbroken when Kal spoke so poorly of those who were calling for help. Even if it were a trap, there was a possibility that it was not. It made her wonder if he would leave her alone to be hurt if he knew the truth of what she was. It seemed like he did not wish to go simply because it could be an Aukari. When Oram put his hand on the girl’s shoulder it was clear her body temperature had risen drastically. It was far higher than what was expected for someone who had just been running.

Taking a deep breath, the teen tried to calm down and listen. Everything in her wanted to shout and make a scene all while speaking Vauni to prove her lineage. But that would not solve anything in their current situation, it hurt more when Darius agreed with the man. They wanted to follow a bunch of geese instead of going towards voices, though when the group came to the place where the voices were clearest. The teen stopped and listened to them her face still red in frustration as the fire in her veins boiled wanting the explode from her.

“They are talking about someone. A her. She lost something that Faldrun wants, an….. artifact. There are geese there as well. One is threatening to cook them along with some eggs,” Alyssia said not moving to follow either man facing where she hears the voices coming from, “there is a girl in trouble they want her dead for not owning up to dropping something. They are also waiting on someone to come. Oram, I can’t just let someone be hurt while following a bunch of birds that won’t even come near me. All because of my blood lines. I know the fear of death at someone else’s hands. No one should have to experience that kind of fear and terror.”

Taking a deep breath, the teen did the one thing that she had sworn to never do in front of outsiders. She spoke in Vauni certain they would not understand, but it was what she had to do not brave enough to tell them her race in a language they both knew.

“I am afraid to lose my home again,” Alyssia stated in Vauni.

word count: 388
Avalon
General Staff
Race: Immortal
Profession: Enchantress
Renown: 0
Templates
Medal count: 4

Contribution

Staff

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:12 am

Saun 35, Arc 721

The trio moved through the passageways, following the Golden Flock. Each had their own reasons for moving forward. Kalortah felt a kinship with the birds, wishing to help them. Oram, scowls included, was annoyed, but saw the logic in what they were doing for what the Avriel was imparting lined up with what the voice was saying to him. Alyssia, while upset, had resolved to see things through.

Oddly enough, each member of the group seemed to have a unique perspective on what was occurring, partially based on what they were hearing from separate sources - sources that the others either couldn’t hear and/or decipher. Kalortah was listening to the babbling of the Golden Flock. For Oram, it was the female voice within his mind. Alyssia, the Vauni shouts told her something of the Aukari’s plans. Each had valuable information that would aid their way.

The Golden Flock suddenly stopped, part of them holding at what appeared to be something of a junction. There were continuing passageways to the left, right, and straight ahead, but half the flock stayed to block two of the hallways, allowing the rest, including Gandersauce, Fowler Goosestep, and the one with Kalortah, to veer to the right, away from the Aukari shouts. Before they were out of range though, Alyssia would hear one last thing clearly.
"There's nothing in this one! It's a fake!"

The Big Bad Goose, who Kalortah realized wasn’t one of the Golden Flock, fell behind, unwilling to pursue deeper into the vault. Oram reached out to Amoach, inquiring if his diri could ascertain anything about the voice. Rather quickly, Amoach had information, relayed in his normal dry, succinct manner. Not a Spirit or an Immortal. It's flickering. I don’t feel anything else in the immediate area. Whatever his diri meant by 'flickering', Amoach did not elaborate.

Alyssia conveyed what she heard from the Aukari voices, which was nothing comforting. The voices themselves became more distant as the Golden Flock began to slow, turning quickly into a small offshoot hallway, leading to a small cavern room, appearing completely bare save a few wooden crates pushed to the side of the room. There were no markings on the outside of them, but they appeared to be solidly nailed shut.

The Golden Flock began pacing around the room, talking amongst themselves. Kaltorah would pick up things here and there. Having fewer geese around them helped pick out certain phrases as opposed to the din of a dozen voices. “Safe place. Safe place. Did she talk to them? Why didn’t the Bad One follow? Should we tell him about the Eggs? The little one is upset…” It appeared from the babbling that the geese were not fully aware of the Avriel’s abilities, knowing that there was some form of communication going on with them and him but unable to put two and two together, unaware he might be listening to their conversation.

Oram and Kalortah would realize quickly enough that the geese were settling down a bit. If they watched them enough, they would note that their behaviors seemed to indicate that they felt safer in the cavern than they had elsewhere. Alyssia too would eventually realize the same, but it would take a little longer for her to put the pieces together. What each took from those observations was up to them. In the meantime, Gandersauce stayed near Oram, no longer pecking at him, but gently nuzzling at his hand a bit before moving to a position next to the man and…guarding? Fowler Goosestep took position with Alyssia, laying his head against her leg softly. He stayed with her longer than the others, perhaps sensing her distress. Nothing in the goose’s behavior was aggressive.

As for Kalortah, the nameless goose parked itself in front of him, gazing up at him, moving his head from side to side. "Eggs important to all. Important. Must find good ones."

The Golden Flock began babbling amongst themselves again. Kalortah could tell that they were speaking of what to do next, but only catching a word here or there. Soon enough, however, the goose began to speak to him again. "We can take you a different way to the important place. It's quicker but hard. The red ones won't go there. If we take you the other way, the red ones might be in the way."

The voice with Oram snapped back in again, offering a few words.Tell....little one....it will be alright.

It appeared the trio had a moment to breathe.

Oram - Objectives Met!

You posted! ~ Thank you for posting on time!

Kalortah - Objectives Met!

Alyssia - Objectives Met!

Info & Rules

• Now that we're getting significantly into the story part, any non-posting will have a greater effect on both the story itself and the other PCs. Therefore, we are adopting an approach of "two strikes" - miss one round of posting and there are IC consequences at the end of the thread. If a second round is missed, the PC(s) in question will be written out of the thread and a negative consequence will be given. If there is going to be an issue for you, please contact your mod or Basilisk at the earliest moment, in order to work out where to go from here.

Please note that these rules will apply to all players in this thread. When we move to the next stage of this Global Event, however, it will be a no-strikes policy, which Basilisk will make explicit.
  • This style of event moderation - with objectives etc - was created by a wonderful moderator named Crimson. I had forgotten all about it until I saw Peg used it here. Thanks to Crimson for the amazing mod style, and to Peg for seeing it carried forward for the enjoyment of future writers. It's a legacy very much worth continuing. Much love to you both!
  • You are all so pretty....

Objectives

! Message from: Must-Do Objectives

• None this round

! Message from: Can-Do Objectives
  • None this round

Deadline to Post: Monday 26th of July
Next Post: Tuesday 27th of July

word count: 1098
Kalortah
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: +420
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:34 am

As a matter of fact, Kalortah knew very little about Aukari. To him, they appeared little more than redhaired humans. He’d never experienced what happened when one got so upset that their blood boiled over, burning them alive. If he had, he might think twice about agitating the little girl that was now following them. He might have walked a little faster, hoping that she couldn’t follow where they went. It was no good protecting anything while being chased by a bomb with legs.

No, Kalortah didn’t care about Alyssia at all. To him, she barely figured into his calculations of what was valuable in the given moment. The Golden Flock was glorious, he’d decided, they were birds, and moreover, they needed his help. His mind drifted back to the fate of his people, so beset by a plague of Aloplumia. He couldn’t save his own people or get to the bottom of their affliction. And in their moment of weakness, their savagery and base instincts revealed them for the artless monsters they were.

The Golden Flock, he felt was different. Or at least he trusted they were. He was glad Oram was at least here, to be useful and informative. But the red-haired girl could go, as far as he was concerned. She was grasping and demanding, and far too loud for what they were doing.

But eventually, the danger seemed to subside, and as they turned up in a spot where the Geese seemed to be calm. Kalortah was spoken to by the head goose, the first to make contact with him. He repeated what he said to the group, ”Eggs important to all. Important. Must find good ones.” At that moment, Kalortah finally decided on a name for his goose. Boss Gosling.

Kalortah turned his head, and said to the others if they still followed where the flock herded them. ”Did you hear that? No bad eggs. And Boss Gosling here says that they can take us a different way to the ‘important place’. IT’s quicker because the red ones won’t go there. If they take us the other way, the red ones, Aukari I take it, will be in the way.”

Kalortah wasn’t one to balk at a fight, but there were only two of them that could fight in the vicinity, with a child to protect. ” There’s only two of us fit and armed to fight, plus the child. I don’t like our chances against trained fanatics.”

word count: 423
Image ~ Image ~ Image
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Let me not stand next to your fire.

The geese were intent on getting somewhere, it seemed, and just as intent that the three of them should come with. Wherever they were leading was away from the others, the ones speaking Vauni, which suited Oram just fine. Those were most likely Aukari occult, and the traveler had no interest in confronting them, certainly not until they had a better handle on their situation.

Oram nodded appreciatively at the information Amoach gave him, albeit that gesture wouldn’t make much sense to anybody not inside the hunter’s head. Not a Spirit, nor an Immortal. And flickering. A ghost, maybe? He couldn’t be sure. Alyssia and Kalortah both shared information they had, from the Vauni conversations the aukari girl could overhear, and from the geese. Belatedly, Oram realized that he himself had been remiss in sharing information. He finally spoke up:

”You know that female voice we all heard when we were first brought into the tunnel?” he asked the other two, when they had a moment to breathe. ”I can still hear it. Not well, it seems to be fading in and out of hearing, and I haven’t been able to make much sense of it. So I haven’t said much until now.” He glanced at the avriel. ”But after hearing what you say the geese are telling you, Kal, I realize that the voice is saying most of the same things. That the big goose behind us isn’t part of this flock. That it stole the artifact that the aukari brought, that one of them dropped or misplaced. It also said the artifact is where she is, that it’s weakening her somehow, making it hard for her to ‘wake up’ as she calls it. My diri tells me that the being speaking is not an Immortal nor a Spirit, and that it’s ‘flickering’.” The hunter shrugged. He didn’t volunteer his guess that it might be some kind of ghost; he didn’t really know this metaphysics stuff, so his guess was probably wrong, anyway.

He looked pleadingly at Alyssia, who was getting more excited and upset by the trill. Her shoulder had been appallingly hot when he had touched it earlier. ”The voice said to tell you that it will be alright. I don’t know what that means, but I would ask again that you calm down.

Oram tried to remember what she had said earlier, about the Vauni conversations she had heard. ”Alyssia. The one you heard earlier, the one crying out in distress: did you ever hear her again after that one time? If the others are moving on, it is probably because they have…already done the deed.” He sighed, focusing on being as calm and understanding, yet as firm as possible. ”Your choice is not between helping the one you heard earlier and not helping her. It is between risking a confrontation with the others and trying to avoid one. Try to understand that. Imperiling everybody will save nobody. Stay with us.”

He shot a quick defiant glare at Kalortah as he said this. He could practically feel the contempt and indifference moulting off of the avriel; no doubt Kal would happily leave Alyssia behind -and Oram, too, for that matter, to save himself, nay, merely to *further* himself. But Oram had no intention of leaving anybody behind, not even the treacherous birdman, if it could be avoided. He recognized that they needed each other down here. ”Alyssia,” he stressed, looking back at her, ”your ability to understand Vauni could be as crucial to our success as Kal’s ability to talk to the geese. Stay with us,” he repeated.

They had come to a small cavern that contained several crates nailed shut. When Kalortah relayed what the geese were saying about the eggs, Oram frowned. He wasn’t sure what was meant by good eggs or bad ones. Did the geese themselves not simply lay them? There was something they were missing, even with all their pieces of knowledge pooled. He peered at one of the crates. ”I wonder what these contain. They seem intact. Who brought them here? Are they being shipped out, or brought in?” He shrugged, then looked back at the others.

”I agree with Kal: we should try to avoid the others. I don’t know about this important place; if it has any connection with the voice I’m hearing, we may well find the aukari’s artifact there, or nearby. But we should probably head there, and if so, we should definitely take the route the geese are talking about.” He looked once more at Alyssia, resisting the urge to say ‘Stay with us’ a third time.
word count: 797
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: +100
Character Sheet
Secrets
Letters
Medal count: 3

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:26 am

Alyssia looked up at Oram more fighting against the urge to cry and scream all at the same time. Her body continued to heat up even though she tried to will it not to. There was nothing that she would not give to run ahead the other way and find the girl that was in danger. Kalortah was still very much on the girl’s bad side. He had been brought to help and yet he had resisted all things that needed or tried to get him to move till the birds appeared. The Aukari decided to just ignore him and listen to what Oram was telling her. It made sense that it would be dangerous, but were they not in the same amount of danger just by being there? Alyssia’s head jerked around when she heard the call from one of them about something being wrong. That it was empty. Were they trying to destroy the eggs to find something inside?

“They said something was wrong. That nothing was inside of it. Whatever they broke was a fake of what they want. Could the eggs be a mix of real goose eggs, and none goose eggs? Like the toy eggs you can get as prizes?” Alyssia asked looking at Oram more so than Kal. Yet she had said it loud enough for him to hear what she was thinking.

If he intended to treat her like a child, then she would simply ignore him and do what had to be done. She wanted to simply go find where the Aukari were without them seeing her and figure out what happened to the woman. It was clear they were not friends and yet when she expressed concern both Oram and Kal shrugged it off. Had they seen death so much that it was natural and did not phase them any longer? Alyssia looked down when one of the geese walked over and rubbed up against her leg. A panic sparked in her eyes for a moment as she realized that she could hurt all of them without even meaning to. She had to figure out something, the fire was becoming too strong for her to fight.

“I… I need a moment please,” Alyssia stated and quickly darted back the way they came as her body became even hotter, “no. No, I must not let it control me.”

word count: 398
Avalon
General Staff
Race: Immortal
Profession: Enchantress
Renown: 0
Templates
Medal count: 4

Contribution

Staff

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:17 am

Saun 35, Arc 721

The spot the Golden Flock had taken them to was indeed something of a haven to the trio, but soon enough, information was being exchanged. There were choices to be made. Kalortah was one with Golden Flock, deeming them to be truth and glory. He found his purpose wrapped within their mission, and perhaps a piece of himself he hadn’t know was there. Oram’s steadfast nature suited the moment and situation well. Digging deep, he tried to reason with Alyssia, hoping she would understand the predicament they were in. That one needed to see to themselves before they could save anyone else was a wise sentiment, and he didn’t realize how timely the advice was.

Alyssia was in a bit of a bind, although neither Kalortah nor Oram would realize the extent of it. Perhaps even the young Aukari herself was naïve about how much trouble she was in. Without the necessary skills to cool her inner fire, the point of no return was fast approaching.

Luckily, there was someone who realized what the problem was and had a solution. A whole gaggle of them. Well, a whole gaggle and one special guest.

Boss Gosling squawked at the rest of them, and things began to happen.

“Tell her we help. We help save you...”

The moment Alyssia started back down the way they had come, the geese, all of them that had ventured into the small cavern with the trio raced after her, including Boss Gosling, Gandersauce, and Fowler Goosestep.

The geese were back to babbling at each other, forcing Alyssia down the stone corridor to the right, deeper into the mountain.

“Take her to the blue…”

“She’s almost there…”

“Hurry. Why is she so upset?”

“She doesn’t have much time…”

“Hot…hot…”

Of course, Kaltorah was still the only one that could understand what they were saying, but the others had enough experience with the Flock to decipher what they were doing or attempting to do.

Oram’s phantom voice cut back in, just as before, but sounding more faded and weak.
“They will help her…but only if she lets them. She’s in danger.”

Alyssia could, if she desired, detangle herself from the Flock, but they were in front of, behind, and to each side of her. It would take some work. Their formation effectively herded her in the direction they wanted her to go.

Kaltorah and Oram were given the choice, by way of the fact that Alyssia and the Golden Flock were departing, to stay in the cavern, go with the geese and the little bomb with legs, or do something else entirely. Some decisions had to be made in the quiet between one moment and the next, and all three were facing their own personal split in the road. Which path would they take?

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Oram - Objectives Met!

Kalortah - Objectives Met!

Alyssia - Objectives Met!

Info & Rules

• Now that we're getting significantly into the story part, any non-posting will have a greater effect on both the story itself and the other PCs. Therefore, we are adopting an approach of "two strikes" - miss one round of posting and there are IC consequences at the end of the thread. If a second round is missed, the PC(s) in question will be written out of the thread and a negative consequence will be given. If there is going to be an issue for you, please contact your mod or Basilisk at the earliest moment, in order to work out where to go from here.

Please note that these rules will apply to all players in this thread. When we move to the next stage of this Global Event, however, it will be a no-strikes policy, which Basilisk will make explicit.
  • This style of event moderation - with objectives etc - was created by a wonderful moderator named Crimson. I had forgotten all about it until I saw Peg used it here. Thanks to Crimson for the amazing mod style, and to Peg for seeing it carried forward for the enjoyment of future writers. It's a legacy very much worth continuing. Much love to you both!
  • You are all so pretty....

Objectives

! Message from: Must-Do Objectives

• None this round

! Message from: Can-Do Objectives
  • None this round

Deadline to Post: Monday 2nd of August
Next Post: Tuesday 3rd of August

word count: 809
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:35 am

Chick go boom, chick go boom, don’t ya jes’ love it?

Oram found himself wishing he knew more about aukari. He could sense that something was wrong with Alyssia. She had been alarmingly hot when he had touched her; a human that hot would be incapacitated, even delirious. He had heard stories about upset aukari bursting into flame, yet he had never decided whether he believed them.

Alyssia did tell him what the others, the ones speaking Vauni, were saying. He nodded. ”Thank you,” he said. Somehow, he felt it was important to acknowledge that she was contributing, and being listened to. ”That’s interesting. Fake ones, you say? Empty ones? We won’t know more until we see them, I guess.”

Oram found himself starting to hope that whoever had brought them here really wasn’t Cassion. There was almost nothing about this situation he liked. He and his patron would have some words the next time they crossed paths, words one probably shouldn’t say to an Immortal.

When Alyssia made to withdraw, the geese did something unexpected, they suddenly crowded around her, gabbling and squabbling. They seemed to want to guide her somewhere. Then the voice came to Oram once more. ”You’re in serious trouble Alyssia, even danger” he told the girl. ”The geese want help you, if you let them. No, I don't know how they plan to do it. They want you to go with them. We’ll be right behind you.” It felt strange saying that. Oram, upon thinking about it, realized that he didn’t actually know if what he was saying was true, but it seemed likely to be. And what else could he say? What other guide for action did he have?

The hunter looked over to the avriel, gesturing towards the flock. ”You wanted us to treat the geese as friends and help them. I guess that means we should follow them, yes? Or do you have a better idea?” He doubted Kal would want to part company with his new-found feathered friends, nor did he await a response, but rather set off after the geese. The crates in the cavern would have to wait. He didn't know if this was the route the geese had wanted to guide them on the first place, but it didn't matter: there weren't likely to find that way without the birds' help, and he wasn't going to simply abandon Alyssia to them, whatever they were up to.
word count: 422
Kalortah
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: +420
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:58 am

Kalortah nodded to the geese, and Boss Gosling seemed to have the right idea, ordering the lesser geese to his banner, and using them to herd Allyssia to wherever would help her not to lose her composure, or threaten the mission. He was all too happy to aid them, and in fact had an idea on how to calm the child.

"Yes, follow the geese child, they want to help. I can speak to them. They're worried about you."

Rather than answer Oram, he had no time, the girl needed his assurance that all would be well. So he did the only thing he did exceptionally well for her. He sang to Allyssia, a calming and loving song. The kind he used to sing in the Nursery in Athart, when singing to the young slave children.

"Worry not for the dangers of night, growing child,
We will keep you forever under our wings, dear babe.

Care not for the creatures and prowlers outside, little one,
We will keep you cool and safe beneath our flight, our sweet.

You are a dear one, you are protected, you are loved.

Obey your elders, earnest and brave one, you are wanted.

As he sang, he began forming shapes and visions on the air, that even she could see as they walked along. She would see rivulets of green sand falling from a cool stream of a waterfall. He tried to give her images that would soothe and calm her as they went along. He sang those visions to her, taking up the refrain of his song, his lullabye as they went along.
OOC
Kal is using a capstone ability that allows Kalortah to play images before people while singing, they're not true illusions and they will not be convincing enough to make them think they're real, but they do have an emotional performative effect, or tend to.

word count: 323
Image ~ Image ~ Image

Return to “Parts Unknown”