Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Trial of the Together

I've forgotten

And so, Thysbae, or rather, Adora, adventured into the Trial of the Together.

And he did not venture in alone, for the man only known as Soldier decided to take up Adora's offer to stay with him. So Soldier followed. As the pair arrived, they'd find themselves first, in quite a state. Soldier, was quite how he knew himself. But Adora would find that he was accompanied by several copies of himself. And Adora would find that for the first time ever, he was alone in his body. For each of Thysbae's personalities had a body of their own now.

Around the Thysbaes and Soldier were transparent scenes that were playing out, though they seemed to have a set length for they would reach an end, and then begin a new. Every space not occupied by one of the holographic memories was darkness. A man with a beard was playing with his dog and daughter off to their left. To the front of them, a younger version of the bearded man, though clean faced, was herding some sheep under the moon. To their right, the bearded man was crying over an older woman's bed.

All throughout the trial were many scenes playing out of this bearded man. And the Thysbaes and Soldier would find that they could enter these scenes and become a part of them. Over the entire area though, a single phrase kept being uttered. "Who am I?"

Meanwhile, a thought entered Adora's mind, "Can you let me in?" Various, similar thoughts invaded the mind of the other Thysbae's as well, and the refused to relent.

"Why won't you let us in?"

"We just wish to be with you.

"It would be fun"

"What's the worst that could happen?"

They would not force their way in, but they would not stop asking either.
 ! Message from: Aegis
You may post as many times as you'd like within this round. I will post again on June 10th. If you have any questions, fire away.

word count: 346
Thysbae
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 35
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Trial of the Together

THYS, BAE, ADORA & ????

Stepping through the door resulted in a strange and unusual thing. Unusual and strange was the thing that happened: one became four and four in one were four independent. When Bae looked up at his companions - Soldier was the same, unchanged - there was something different about the others. Or the same. But not the same. He knew them from their gestures and expressions. One sour, one bored, one enthused beyond compare.

“What have you gotten us into?” Bored, apathetic. But not entirely, not enough, just a little too close to the much more chipper, “What are we doing?” Was his hair always that dark? Was he really that dirty? Bae frowned; he didn’t think he’d been playing in mud before all of this so wherever they were before had to be absolutely grimy. Gross. Cleaning up would be hard.

Hands on his face, mashing his cheeks. Adora. Touchy, gleeful Adora. Just beyond her shoulder was a scene unfolding of a man. Then another and another. Fingers dimpled into the flesh of his cheeks. He liked her. “Shall we get moving, lovelies?” She didn’t look away from him. Adora thought he was lovely? That was nice. “We have a job to do.” It came around the same time as the other voices and the quartet froze - Thys, Adora, Bae, and the Nameless One - listening to the words. Requests. Let them in?

“Shove off,” said the last.

“Maybemaybemaybemaybe - yes,” said the second.

“What do you have to offer for this,” inquired the third.

“Okay!” The first, the primary Bae responded without hesitation. “Will you help us with this..thing, though? We’re supposed to be doing something.”

Heads turned to look at the mortalborn, one face incredulous, another annoyed, and the last overjoyed. “What a reckless thing you are.”
Continue the trial. I will reply again on June 18th. You may post as much as you wish. If you have any questions, just ask.

word count: 331
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

I've forgotten

The Trial of the Together shook violently all around the various parts of Thysbae and Soldier. A loud cough filled the air and suddenly, soldier became the Old Man they had seen in the floating scenes around them. Soldier's eyes widened in surprise at this, only to feel more shaking, stronger now. In turn, Thys, Bae, Adora, and the Nameless one all turned into the spitting image of this Old Man, complete with all the aches and pains of being elderly.

Each of the five new old men were overwhelmed with memories from the Old Man, the memories and emotions forcing them into them. None of them got the same memories, all of them receiving different pieces. Once more the trial shook, the hardest yet. And this shaking sent the Thysbaes and soldiers flying toward the portal. All five of them fell through and were scattered to the winds as the reentered time and reality.

Thys would find himself working in a kitchen in Viden.

Bae would find himself in the arms of a beautiful woman in bed in Etzos.

Adora would find himself lost in the forest between Desnind and Quacia.

The Nameless One would find himself a slave in chains in Athart.

The Soldier would find himself walking through the gates of Yaralon.

All five would find that they shared a mental connection with one another. And all five would find that the connection was fading slowly. It would be inherent, intuitive that if the five weren't reunited before the connection wore out, they would cease to exist. Their powers had been split up as well. Thys acquired the Inverse ability, Bae acquired the Lead Me Unto Temptation ability, and Adora acquired the Assimilate ability. The Nameless One had no abilities.

And with this exit from the Trial of the Together, a surge of power rocketed outward from the portal, following the ether toward Sephira.
Thysbae has been exited from this thread for failure to continue posting. Thysbae you may create the 4 threads needed to exit, and send me the links to them once you've done that. Failure to do so will result in no rewards from the event. If you have any questions, just ask.

word count: 378
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Locking this one up. Feel free to pm me with any questions!
word count: 12
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Parts Unknown”