Medal count: 14

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

The Door of Spirits

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 am

Ashan 30, 719 Perhaps

For those without Sparks, the Call had been a most agonizing experience. And for three of them, they'd find themselves waking upon the deck of a ship. And not simply any ship, but a ship that was quite familiar to one of them. It was the Windrunner. And the world around them was endless shades of blue. Enrick, Rabu, and Wald Lowca were all upon the deck of Enrick's ship that had sunk, that had been lost, as payment to a Spirit of Storms, for safe passage. And yet, here the ship was.

And it was underwater, and sailing. There was a bubble around the decks of the ship, though it did not extend around the hull or the sails. The sails seemed to be gaining their power from the currents in the sea, and it was traveling far faster than the Windrunner ever had upon the surface. The surface that was at least a hundred meters up above. Too far for any mortal to have to swim on a single breath.

The three were not alone. Floating around Rabu was a series of watery orbs, playful, teasing at his nose and such. The spoke in the voice of bubbles, but Rabu would be able to understand it. "I have been called to assist you, Son of Stories."

Wald Lowca would feel a nuzzling against his hip. A hyena was there, and it let loose its laughing bark, before speaking to the man, "I have been called to assist you, Son of the Hunt."

Meanwhile, outside the bubble and the ship on the starboard side, a large shadow swam. It was easily forty times the length of the Windrunner and moved as easily and quickly as a dolphin. A massive tail, scales, and claws could be seen, and they all moved faster than the ship, easily able to keep pace. A massive crimson eye was staring at the ship as it swam.

But the ship was starting to list to the port side, rolling away from the current that was powering its sails.
 ! Message from: Aegis

Enrick, Wald Lowca, and Rabu

Each of you has the same clothings and belongings upon your person as when you answered the Call.

If you wish to know if something will work, do it up as an attempt. If you ask me "Will X work?" or "What will happen if I do Y?" I will tell you to make the attempt. Any other questions I will do my best to answer.

There is no posting order, and everyone gets 1 post. This posting round closes on the night of April 1st.

word count: 457
Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Hunter
Renown: +225
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 2

Contribution

Re: The Door of Spirits

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:16 am

Wald felt the ground change as he sat. Feeling as if he was floating for a moment after the tree took its leave. Keeping his eyes shut for a little longer Wald felt his body bobbing, as if the ground itself moved. When he opened his eyes to his surprise he saw a vast blue ocean. Only in the corner of his eye did he see a sail. This confused him greatly as he was just in the forest awaiting fate, and was it not the city itself that was trying to take him?

A feeling arouse from his hip of something soft. Looking down Wald saw what he believed was a stray dog. Until he heard the trademarked laugh come from it. Almost frozen in fear of a dangerous predator being near him. He would not have time to defend himself properly if it were to attack. Then a voice came from its maw. "I have been called to assist you, Son of the Hunt." This voice relaxed Wald for some reason or another.

Taking just a moment he placed his hand on the animal. Moving his fingers through the shaggy hair of the animal to confirm that it was in fact there. Wald Finally rose to his feet his legs wobbling from the bobbing of the ship he was on. Looking on the deck he saw two others. One looked as of to be a large man, was he a Lotharro he could not know from here. The other was strange, long ears like a rabbit, though the strangest part was the colors of the being almost as if they were a flower itself.

Before getting accustomed to the rocking of the ship and his surroundings, Wald saw a shadow move in the corner of his eye. He moved his head quickly to look at the object. A Large beast covered in scales and sharp claws darted through his vision. He Looked to where the monster's head would be and saw the crimson eye as it watched the ship. He felt as though the creature could of easily remove the ship from under him. So why was it swimming nearby observing?

The feeling of the ship moving left he had to make a decision. Wald could only think, he had no clue how to work a ship. Maybe one of the other two did. He walked over to the others in hopes at least one knew of how a ship worked. "Who are you? And do any of you know how a ship works?" Both questions were asked to the two people, and even the hyena that had come to assist him.

Wald knew that he was placed here for a reason. It was up to him though to figure it out. Until then he would do as he was told.
word count: 474
Rabu
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: +100
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:09 pm

After the pain subsided, Rabu found himself adrift in one of those houses that cross the sea. It was now drifting on the surface as they often do however, this house was under the sea but somehow moving faster than it could ever move on land. Surely by Moseke’s good graces most of the ship was incased in a bubble, as were two other Tall folk of incredible tallness. It was very odd situation to say the least but Rabu kept his wits about him as this was likely a dream of some sort.

The small mortal born was about to address the tall folk and see if they knew anything but before he could he felt a slight tickle on his nose and cheek along with faint childlike giggles. He crossed his eyes to see a tiny bubble spirit resting on his nose. He felt another on his ear and another tickling the back of his neck. In unison the bubble spirits said they were here to assist him for he was the son of stories. “Son of stories..?” Rabu muttered to himself, when it hit them that they were talking about his other papa Cassion, whom Rabu had funny enough only heard stories of. His tunawa papa had told him about all the adventures they had went on with each other, though Rabu was sure their was a bit of embellishment as the thought of a Tunawa fighting against a dragon was a comical image.

“What you help deh Rabu wid?” he whispered quite enough that only the spirits could hear. He looked up into the ocean and saw the massive shadow of a creature and swallowed deeply in dread. The creature didn’t seem to be attacking so maybe it was a good beast? one could only hope.

The shorter of the Tall folk who Rabu noticed had a very odd looking wolf beside him, spoke up first. He was more wild looking than the Taller Tall folk, but that didn’t phase a tunawa who lived in a burrow most of his short life, it was the wild ones that were often more trust worthy.

“I Rabu.” The tunawa pounded his tiny chest fist before moving on to the question he was asked. “You mean deh Sea House we on…I not know how it move..” The tunawa scratched his chin in thought. “I tink it magic..let me ask deh bubbles.”

Rabu then whispered over his shoulder “How dis house move?” To the bubble spirits to see what they could tell him.

------

Rabu could almost hear one of the tall folk say, “bubbles… right...” He didn’t know which one though.
Last edited by Rabu on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 455
One of Rabu's Mortal Born abilities involves emean creatures called Dooglewogs doing pranks and causing misfortune for the Rabu. I roll a dice every time Rabu uses his other powers and whatever it lands on will happen in the thread he's in.
If a Grader or Mod wishes to add a misfortune as a reward that would be wonderful but please be sure that it's only temporary and isn't too disruptive or disturbing (I'm mostly going with light and silly) look on my character sheet for examples.
Ricky
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: +70
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2
Medal count: 1

RP Medals

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Finally the pain came to subside enough for him to ease up until full relaxation was a privilege again, yet when Enrick's eyes opened to the scene before him; their almond colors quickly deepened into the silver hues at what he'd discovered.

He wasn't on the schooner anymore... and he wasn't alone. The others who accompanied him were total strangers, people he never would've probably ever met had this not happened. But this deck! Those sails! Immediately he felt the sense of home he had lost come back, even if they were somewhere at the bottom of the ocean with it. But still the Windrunner moved.

The other two seemed to interact with Spirits and while that took place, Enrick looked with pure wonder beyond the dome they were encased in. Could it be? Did a Spirit attach itself to the ship? He approached the rail and felt the wood beneath his rough hands, still in awe over the entirety of the setting he stood in. The other human present inquired the little bunny-eared critter a couple of questions, and while Enrick listened to the smaller one speak he still watched all around.

Something lurked deep within the surrounding water, it's attention no doubt fixated on the roaming ship.

"Enrick." Was all he answered in turn when his time to respond came, clearly unsure about what made the ship actually move underwater. "Me guess is dat it's a spirit. Oi dunno fer sure." He finally muttered with his hands planted at the waist, the silvery hues in his eyes accompanied with traces of blue.

"Enrick", "Ẹrọim", "Follower", "NPC"
Last edited by Ricky on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 284
"Every side attacks ya, when y' don't take sides."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 am

The Hyena laughed, and then answered Wald, "I am Laughing Dog, and I am here to help you. My pack leader sent me. This is my first time on a ship. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be on top of the water though."

Meanwhile, the bubbles spoke to Rabu, in their own bubbling, gargling way. They let Rabu know that they were sent to aid him in finding a Door. After that answer, the bubbles flowed all around Rabu, happily. At the second question, it responded even more cheerfully, indicating that the ship actually was a spirit, for Enrick had given his ship to the spirits of the ocean.

But the ship was still listing to the port side, threatening to roll, for while the ship was a spirit, ships still required captains and crew. Ahead of the ship, any of them could see the massive slipstream, snaking through the water for miles and miles. The creature off the starboard side broke away, diving straight down, toward the inky black depths, disappearing within them.

The ship's wheel was spinning wildly, the sails flapping about as the current was threatening to tear it to pieces. The mast creaked, and the hull groaned. And the ship was growing closer and closer to the port side wall of the slipstream, while at its high speed. And everyone would be able to hear the voice of Enrick's ship, and she was crying, in pain and scared. There was nothing worse than being alone in the oceans.

Laughing Dog spoke to Wald, "Shouldn't we hunt that beast? It would feed us for many moons."

Bubbles continued to dance and massage Rabu's body, offering up their help in anyway that Rabu wished.

Any questions your PC will ask IC will be answered by a PM/DM, so as to be added to your post if so desired.

Any OOC questions are welcome.

This round is open until the morning of April 9th.

word count: 343
Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Hunter
Renown: +225
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 2

Contribution

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:54 am

Wald listened to his “cellmates” the first to speak was the little one. “I Rabu.” Rabu’s simple speech was not a surprise. Ones who look like beasts, don’t normally socialize with humans. “I tink it magic..let me ask deh bubbles.” Rabu said this with a curious tone, as he scratched his chin.

Wald spoke softly under his breath. “Bubbles… right...” Wald left the thought in his head. Simple that was his impression of Rabu.

Second to speak was the larger man. “Enrick.” this was said with a hint of confusion. Then the next sentence from Enrick came."Me guess is dat it's a spirit. Oi dunno fer sure." Though the speech seemed broken to Wald. He remembered of a man from his younger days. Must of been his father’s friend. He spoke in a similar manner.

I am Wald.” He said this with his normal soft tone.

Then the spirit followed with its introduction. "I am Laughing Dog, and I am here to help you. My pack leader sent me. This is my first time on a ship. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be on top of the water though." Who was Laughing Dog’s pack leader. Its comment about the ship was possible in humor. The ship was still crying out as it listed. He could feel the ship’s slant to the side. “Shouldn’t we hunt that beast? It would feed us for many moons.

Laughing dog’s comment set a spark in Wald’s heart. His eyes seemed to gleam as he looked around. Was this a test. Maybe… Excitement welled up in his throat. He first spoke to Laughing dog. “While you are here I am pack leader.” Wald pointed to Enrick. “Get control of the ship. I can’t ask the small one to do so.” Wald took a breath with a smile. “I want the beast on the left side, when we next see it.” Wald looked down to Rabu. “I need you to gather information.” Wald pointed to the top of where the bubble. “As high as you can. Look for anything. Can you do that for me?” Wald kept his eyes closed for a moment. Opening them he looked to his spirit guide. “Track the beast. As best you can. Follow it on deck.” A breath was given. “Let Enrick know where it is, as soon as you have it.

The small tunawa sunk in its place, looking up at Wald with watery eyes of concern like a frightened puppy. “Up dere..” its little lip quivered as it pointed up the mast. Though the tunawa’s concerns would go unnoticed among the chaos.

With excitement Wald dashed about. In search of anything he could use against the beast. As his bow would never make a mark on its hide. Even going below deck for something of use. The thrill of the hunt was taking Wald. His heart was empowered by its call.

word count: 499
Ricky
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: +70
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2
Medal count: 1

RP Medals

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am

Enrick's watch slowly trailed from the unusual environment towards the company at present, here he stood alone with a little wooden rabbit thing and some other man; and... this cackling mutt that could speak apparently? The fisherman's own eyes brightened now as their silvery hues remained locked on them, all the while he stroked the furry outlines of his jaw with contemplation. This should not have been at all possible...

They were below sea level in his own ship, surrounded by entities he wasn't sure were real; and yet he knew good and well not to disregard it. He knew for a fact such things existed in the world, that supernatural creatures such as the Spirits present lived in unique ways. He was half Sev'ryn for crying out loud, which meant half of his soul waited to be discovered.

A shift in the ship's body left his balance in a slight tilt, and the creature they saw gazing on them swam deeper into the sea. The man who introduced himself as Wald seemed eager to take lead, which warranted a fierce look out of Enrick as his irides were a silvery red. "First off, yer speakin' t' dis ship's cap'n! So Oi wouldn't be t'rowin' orders 'round. Pack leader or not." The remark was given with a stern look at that, but regardless Enrick did agree that the ship needed to be piloted.

Since the other two seemed to already have an idea on what their role was to be, Enrick wasted no time with getting to the helm of the sloop. To see the sleek pegs of his wheel again, as they slowly rotated with the turn his beloved Windrunner made in it's slant. Was he even worthy? He'd lost her to the depths thanks to yet another storm, and yet here he stood now just inches away from gripping the wheel. His hands shook. That dark and stormy night still haunted him since the occurrence, and now that he relived the moment once more something about it felt familiar.

The nature of all this felt... familiar.

The first time he felt this sense of mysticism was the first time he recognized a greater spirit at work. Though his hands hesitated they soon came to touch the wheel, and sure enough his speculation of something large at work felt even more real than before. "Is... Is dis fer real?" He murmured with his eyes closed and his heart heavier than before. Somehow he felt the question receive a response through him, as though sailor and ship were communing with one another.

"Yes." There was no sound or vibration to be noticed, just a sense of knowing that the Windrunner listened... and answered. Enrick's eyes opened with irides dark as night, his bearded jaw somewhat dropped at the response he felt within himself.

"So... 're ya alive?" He asked once more with his voice still low, since this conversation felt more personal for him. Sure enough it happened again! The Windrunner spoke through to him alone, which led him to believe he was either imagining things... or that maybe this really was happening.

"Yes."

His heart nearly stopped and for the moment he lost breath, until finally he gripped the wheel once more and closed his eyes. "Will y' let m' sail once more?" The question came with consideration, for the ship was now free on it's own here. Captain or not he couldn't command a Spirit to do his bidding, yet the answer he received brought a new sense of awe to his face.

"Yes."

When he opened his eyes in pure wonder their hues were alight with a prismarine color, for excitement and confidence filled him once more as his hands gripped tighter. "Onward ten." Not to the horizon but to wherever the Windrunner would take him, him and the other passengers that were aboard the ship. This... would probably be the last time he'd ever sail this wayward sloop, and while he might've felt sad over that fact alone; Enrick knew he had to make the most of it. With the grip of his hands loosened he threw the wheel into a rotation, enough to steer the sails to where they caught more of the current that pulled them. Once the boom reached its necessary position, Enrick caught the wheel and allowed nature to do the rest.

"Enrick", "Ẹrọim", "Follower", "NPC"
Last edited by Ricky on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 758
"Every side attacks ya, when y' don't take sides."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Rabu
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:59 pm

“Do not be wid deh fighting!” Rabu cried out at the two squabbling men fighting over who would be leader during a dire situation like this. “Work together or bad ting happen.” He glared at both of them like they were a bunch of unruly children. They seemed to quickly get to work at there respective jobs so there wasn’t any need to chastise them further, hopefully that would remain.

“The bubbles say we need to find door, dat’s why deh here.” Rabu called back as he walked towards the mast he would have to climb. “Maybe Sea beast lead us to dis door deh speak of?” Rabu shrugged his shoulders, its not like he had any other ideas of how to find a door under the sea besides the door of the ship. He eyed the door leading to the lower decks for a moment but didn’t go to investigate “Too easy.” He muttered to himself.

He was now at the bottom of the mast, there was no turning back he would have to climb it. Rabu took a deep breath and latched on to the pole like a squirrel and pushed his thin body up a bit then another bit. The tunawa was starting to feel okay, when sudden turbulence of the boat made him loose his grip and he slid down a bit. He stayed frozen for a brief moment, he heart pounded in his tiny chest.
“You can do dis, you are strong tunawa, you have the strength of ten squirrels, no bigger number.. eleven squirrels!.” Rabu whispered to himself with a determined grin, fighting back against the fear that bubbled inside his hard bark exterior. He pushed up a little more but the ship shook and rabu shrieked. “No Rabu want down, rabu not a squirrel he rabbit!”
He looked down and realized he was maybe only a foot of the ground, not a great start to his new job as look out.

“Rabu get down from there…I’ll look for you.” Yah appeared behind him, with her there eye balls balancing perfectly on the top of her head. “Its what I’m good at.” She smiled at her terrified friend.

Tears of golden sap welled up in Rabu’s expressive purple eyes. “Dank you Yah!”

Rabu quickly got down onto the ships deck and walked over to Wald “Heights to scary I got Yah to do it.” He stated with a hint of hesitation. “I could ask the bubbles if deh know anything about deh door?”

“Where can I find dis door bubble friends?” Rabu asked the strange bubble spirits, hoping they could drop him some clues.
Last edited by Rabu on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 455
One of Rabu's Mortal Born abilities involves emean creatures called Dooglewogs doing pranks and causing misfortune for the Rabu. I roll a dice every time Rabu uses his other powers and whatever it lands on will happen in the thread he's in.
If a Grader or Mod wishes to add a misfortune as a reward that would be wonderful but please be sure that it's only temporary and isn't too disruptive or disturbing (I'm mostly going with light and silly) look on my character sheet for examples.
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:15 pm

Laughing Dog nodded his head at Wald's command. It picked up the beast's scent, and promptly laid down on the deck, scooting its way toward the stern as the ship sailed away from the point where the beast dove downward.

As Enrick gave over control to the Windrunner, he'd notice that the ship felt happy. Truly happy, and loved. And it loved Enrick back. And so, with the Windrunner in charge of its own destiny, the slipstream it was riding, changed, forcibly. The Windrunner knew the intentions of all on board, and the slipstream now extended downward into the depths, sending the ship on a sharp, stomach hurling dive.

Up top, Yah had a perfect view from the mast. But with the ship diving downward, that view was into the dark depths of the ocean's bottom. And Yah, but no one else, was able to see the tail of the beast ahead of them, flapping gently as it swam downward. Laughing dog now moved toward the bow of the ship, nose pointed off the end. The bubble spirits continued to caress Rabu, hearing his desire for the door.

The only response that Bubbles knew how to convey was given. One bubble slipped between Rabu's mouth and gently tickled its way down his throat into his stomach. Then it came back up, and caused Rabu to burp as it slipped back out.

Then a loud roar rang out through the water, sending heavy vibrations through the ship, through the bones of those upon it. And the beast ahead of them stopped, suddenly, directly in their path, just as darkness enveloped all of them. One by one, the scales on the beast lit up in a soft green glow. And one by one, hundreds of Mer, of so many types were revealed, having surrounded the beast.

Many were upon beasts of their own, of much smaller sizes. All of them held various weapons. And every single one of them had bloodlust in their eyes. A cry came out from one particularly large Mer that had a large train of tentacles. And that's when they hurled spears at the beast, defying the seemingly normal physics of water, as only mer can do. Others charged it, some cutting off its escape. And soon, the first weapons began to pierce its hide.

And it cried out in pain, just as the ship closed in its potential collision course.

Questions are always welcome.

I will post again on April 16th.

word count: 430
Rabu
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 am

After the bubbles finished their quick excursion into Rabu’s tummy, Rabu burped them out loud enough for everyone to hear.
“Sorry…Val-dt..” Rabu covered his mouth and looked down in embarrassment.

The ember crystal in the tunawa’s head was getting to work on what the bubbles could mean. His tiny head shot up when the connection was made and he looked up at Wald with a smile. “Deh bubbles say it in tum tum of deh big beast.” Rabu rubbed his belly to make what he was saying all the more clear.

“Yous see any ting Yah?” Rabu called up to his invisible friend Yah.

“What do yo…oh uh.” Yah stammered as she stopped juggling her eye balls and began actually looking out like she was supposed to be. “ I see a tail…I think... its kinda dark.”

“She sees deh tail!” Rabu shared with the others “Keep going Sea house you can catch it.”

An incredibly loud roar shook the ship and Rabu was hurled to the ground form the vibrations of sound. His ears were ringing but he pulled himself up to see the illuminated scales of the beast and the dangers that were brought to light by them. Tons of tall folk with fishy parts swam towards the beast with their weapons drawn and Rabu’s tiny heart ached as he heard the sea creatures cries of pain.
“Deh hurting it!” Rabu cried out in anguish, his eyes welling up with pools of golden sap that dipped down his face. “Me must do the saving!”

Rabu scrambled about like a tiny chicken with his head cut off looking for something that he could use to scare the fish people away.

“Bubbles!” He cried out in panic. “Help deh sea beast I beg you!” It was all Rabu could think of to help.
word count: 317

Return to “Parts Unknown”