• Open • Pole Dancing

Navyri learns how to use a bo staff.

The shallow bay Egilrun is situated upon is used, these trials, for crafts and crafting. From boatmakers to weaponsmiths, glassblowers to metalworkers, the sound of hammers and saws can be heard almost every break of the trial, with crews working in shifts to produce the beautiful craftsmanship which they might, one trial, become famous for.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Pole Dancing

Common Language Thoughts

She didn't believe him.

It wasn't that Kalortah might not have been telling the truth, but Navyri knew of the feud between her city and his. She remembered the scouts that went missing on both sides, the obsession the Avriel had with finding Augiery. It was a futile effort that went both ways, but she imagined lounging on the jungle beaches nonetheless. Draped in diaphanous cloth, sipping from a gem encrusted goblet, listening to the sound of exotic birds. The sea breeze curling the edges of wind blown hair. How nice... But would she offend someone under their own roof? She smiled, dancing through their training, the feathers of her Tarouz retreating with ease, "I would bring myself. That's enough for your god, but not your people?" It was a rhetorical question, but one she found humorous nonetheless. She was surprised he had been able to deduct she was a Naer from their first meeting, but not her connection to Delroth.

All things considered, he had been rather preoccupied that evening.

She cocked a hip and tilted her head, watching and waiting for him to regain his breath. It was more mercy than she would have shown otherwise, but she was enjoying this conversation. Kalortah revealed the Avriel's hatred for Delroth and she laughed, "So I've been told."

There was not enough trust to tell him of Arithzma, of the first Avriel. She had lived his last memories, she knew of the relationship between the race and Delroth perhaps more than anyone alive. She wore those wings. She heard his voice in her head. But she would not tell him, oh no.

I like him, Arithzma whispered, the first time he had spoken in seasons. It was smooth voice, like flowing water. She had forgotten its sound and got lost in his presence when Kalortah shot forward, and the tip of his wooden blade pressed against her belly. Navyri blinked, brought back to reality. Look at that. He won.

"I would be careful if I was you," she looked up from the weapon, hands sliding up the edge and hooking onto his own, "You play a very dangerous game if you think that's all he wants, if you think he'd ever allow that."

Delroth, proven wrong by him? The Avriel were bold indeed.

If the Winged Calamity would be reconciled with his children, it would be because he wanted to. And it would not be him that would change. Were Immortals even capable of such things?

"I'm not just any bird. I am the Nightingale," Navyri expression changed and she shot out, grabbing Kalortah by the jaw. Her azure eyes burned with warning and she looked at him with cold warning, "I have gone to the edge of the world for him. I have torn out my own eyes for him. I have raised the Unknown for him," Her breath caught and for a split second, fear flashed across her face. Navyri gasped and the grip on his face softened, "He'll want more."

’He always does.’

Navyri sucked her teeth, and began to stroke Kalortah's face lovingly, as if her claws weren't previously ready to pierce through his cheek. An effort to wipe away the loss of control and a gesture that mimicked the very Immortal they spoke about. After forty arcs, his influence was inescapable and she cursed herself, "You will do what he wants, or all the training in Idalos won't matter. Death would be your sweetest relief." Navyri turned away suddenly, swiping her staff from the ground. It had been awhile since she had behaved so impulsively, and yet the horrors of what her patron had put her through refused to cease, repeating behind her eyes.

"I should not have grabbed you, now or then," Navyri admitted, the closest she could come to an actual apology although she didn't regret her warning. Following Delroth was not for the faint of heart. It had cost her everything, "You have to know."
word count: 679
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Kalortah
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

While the minstrel had heard little to nothing of Nightengale, he found himself believing her words, that she'd really been through all that she confessed. Even as she held his face in her claws like he were a helpless child, digging under the skin in her fury and passion, he couldn't dismiss his fascination with this dark creature.

Then, as suddenly as she'd worked her way under his guard and grasped his face, she stroked away the scratches with what almost resembled a loving caress. The disparity between the two separate actions, and the sudden change of tone drove home the turmoil that was evidently resting in the Naer.

Then she let him go, and made an apology of sorts. More a recounting of regret than a true apology, yet he took the courtesy in good faith.

"I shouldn't have spoken out of turn, then or just now." Kalortah said, his eyes misting just a touch. The sense of sadness or regret or hopelessness in Navyri stirred something in Kalortah. It wasn't pity though.

"No more words, then?" He offered, as he gathered up his saber, which had fallen from his hands while she'd been gripping him by the face.

He circled the ground. He wasn't anymore of a dancer than a fighter, yet he knew something of rhythm and tempo, which translated in some ways to moving in combat. He knew more of flight, and the warp and weft of air and how it flowed to create images and patterns upon the air.

So he tried to invoke this sense of grace and employ it to his movements. He'd wait for her to take up her own weapon, before engaging, in either event.

Once she was ready, or close to it to his estimation, he came forward with a swift motion to test her defenses. He didn't strike out in earnest, but swiped at the air, to see how fast her reflexes with that bo staff were.

Then he retreated. He began humming a tune that his mother taught him long ago, one that he thought he'd forgotten. In a few moments, the humming gave way to words he would sing.

"Through windless fields
and scouring sands
Zma sought the heart of wind."

Kalortah struck forward again, testing the air but not trying to harm her yet.

"Though by his creator spurned,
and His brothers exiled
Zma brought judgement to Him."

The minstrel tested the air with a few strokes of the wooden saber, making a figure eight in the air. Just really playing at this point, not entirely serious about his motions or fighting.

"Divine breath upon the grasses
of that distant plain,
Zma bore no ill thoughts
Nor burden of sin."

Here the minstrel began to get a bit more aggressive with his saber strokes, testing the adroitness of her handling of that polearm.

"When the Calamity stole Zma's wings,
though he came not to offend,
The Unbroken One's fate
Brought shame only to his kin."

The minstrel let up in his mock assault, and fell back into a more defensive posture, waiting for Navyri to come to him now.

The song had been a nursery rhyme his mother had taught him, an apocryphal account of the life of the first Avriel. Although most of their kind were not sentimental or held to their fallen legends, his mother had always tried to instill in him some sense of reverence for what came before him. And of his heritage in general.

word count: 595
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Common Language Thoughts

"No more words," she agreed, appeased by his apology. Sometimes that was all she wanted and so it was good to see that he was capable of learning. He began to move, in a lulling grace that reminded her of someone who might break out into dance. She threw her bo staff into a low block but he retreated again, testing her. Looking for an opening, she guessed. Navyri matched his own movements, and jerked back as his weapon cut through the space between them again and whistled in the air. He had nearly nicked her there and she tried to swat at his legs.

And then he began to sing and the Naer slowed, head tilted as his words rang through the air. He... was a very good singer.

Listening to the lyrics, Navyri's feet tapped and her body swayed. She wanted to dance, but she kept rooted, blocking his swipes. And then-

"When the Calamity stole Zma's wings,
though he came not to offend,
The Unbroken One's fate
Brought shame only to his kin."

It wasn't true.

Navyri hesitated and Kalortah struck her arm, the staff dropping and clattering to the ground. She grimaced, and held her arm as he took his stance for her to attack but she did not move, "Delroth did not take Arithzma's wings," she declared with a somber certainty, blue eyes searching Kalortah's face, "You should speak to the one who marks you." Glancing at her weapon still on the ground, the Naer turned and walked away. Arithzma remained silent.

word count: 266
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Octopie
Prophet of Old
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Unlocking Your Rewards!

Kal

It's shocking that Kal apologized, honestly thought he was about to get beat down again XD There was a nice blend of action in here, and of course Kal would sing mid-fight, of course he would. This was nicely done, hopefully he doesn't sing through every battle!

Can be use for magic? Yes or No

Knowledge

Skill
Blades: Pole Dancing (1/4)
Blades: Pole Dancing (2/4)
Blades: Pole Dancing (3/4)
Blades: Pole Dancing (4/4)
Endurance: Pole Dancing (1/3)
Endurance: Pole Dancing (2/3)
Endurance: Pole Dancing (3/3)
Strength: Pole Dancing (1/1)
Singing: Pole Dancing (1/3)
Singing: Pole Dancing (2/3)
Singing: Pole Dancing (3/3)

Non
NA

Loot

NA

Wealth

NA

Renown

+5 for public disputing

Injuries

A few bumps and bruises from getting a few good hits with the pole.

Navyri

Such a forgiving bird-Naer-woman, took a bit of an ominous tone at the end in regards to their Immortal and it was interesting to see, it was hard to tell if she wanted to encourage him or deter him from Delroth. All in all a fun thread with so much happening!

Can be use for magic? Yes or No

Knowledge

Skill
NA
If you decide or want any lores, please PM me!

Non
NA

Loot

NA

Wealth

NA

Renown

+5 for public disputing

Injuries

NA

Skill Level: Appropriate
word count: 232
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Navyri:

Knowledge:
Endurance x4
Detection x2
Polearms (Bo Staff) x5

Loot:
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: Already awarded.
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: Since the thread was already reviewed, and you received XP and Renown, I've just awarded you knowledges here (and checked if you played to level).
word count: 54

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Egilrun”