Heyo!

This would be embarassing but we're on an RP site there's no turning back

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Riselle
Race: Aukari
Profession: Peddler
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Personal Journal
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Heyo!

Heyo! I'm Riselle, but I also go by CC.
I have been roleplaying for about 4 years now, doing everything from LARP to DnD/Pathfinder to the casual MXRP.
My favorite character ever made was a monster hunter character named Rhea. She started out to be really kind of horrid, but slowly arced into a strict but loyal friend. She also had the best wardrobe; you never caught her without a suit!
I am so stoked for the mythology and culture this game offers. Even within Star Trek RPs, I've never seen this level of detail and commitment. Kudos to the prophets!
I am really good at horseback riding and long-distance shooting, and I like hunting and reading. I like art and I love writing, so I hope this will help challenge me to improve my writing style!
I have ADHD and I'll graduate from high school 2 years early.
TBH, I found this site (cringe in 3...2...1...) trying to find active Star Trek RPs. I kind of love Data, okay?
word count: 177
Ekilar of Sirothelle

Son of Rilith
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Heyo!

Hey hey welcome to Standing Trials! Sounds like you have some solid experience under your belt to get ya going. The lore and everything here is..intense, but I agree the Prophets have done an amazing job.

Curious, don't have to get back to me, but what's your favorite edition of D&D and why? I've been playing since 2E, and currently DM like ....technically 3 different campaigns in 5e so I'm a bit bias towards the new one myself.

Also, there is nothing wrong with liking Data

Welcome again and if you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to reach out! :D
word count: 109
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Riselle
Character Sheet
Personal Journal

5e is really fun, but considering how I typically play bard, I tend to like 3e. It makes me feel like I can mess around a little more. What's your favorite class/race? It's so easy to get mary sue-ish, but Aasimar can be so fun, especially when you fall!
word count: 53
Ekilar of Sirothelle

Son of Rilith
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Riselle wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:02 am 5e is really fun, but considering how I typically play bard, I tend to like 3e. It makes me feel like I can mess around a little more. What's your favorite class/race? It's so easy to get mary sue-ish, but Aasimar can be so fun, especially when you fall!
I think my current favorite, just for the flavor and feel of the character, is a fire genasi umbramancer (homebrew). He plays with shadows essentially, but is in an evil campaign with these weird alien races that mutate people when they take them over. He wields a large, two handed scythe, has shadow wings, and a long dark robe. Essentially, the grim reaper, but he's a 1/1 multiclass of umbramancer and cleric and the list of spells is...insane.

My usually pick of choice is monk, especially in 3.x, just because of the sheer number of attacks per round they get. Plus I've always liked having that fisticuffs, fast moving, hard to hit character. Nothing like either of my two current characters here on ST though!

You have any ideas on what you are thinking of being/doing/starting out at?
word count: 207
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Riselle
Character Sheet
Personal Journal

I was thinking an aukari (it's the pyro in me), but because I refuse to be normal, Maybe he never got his Bearer of Flames mark and can't control his fire very well. I was thinking that he could have found a book on U'Frek and how he sometimes blesses his followers with abilities over water, which would be the inciting moment of PC's adventure. Currently, I'm thinking a socially anxious character who's never been outside Sirothelle, doesn't speak a lot of common, is terrified of the outside world from the stories he's heard about persecuted aukari, but still can't contain his wanderlust and deep need to learn as much as he can about the world and spread what he does know. An internal struggle like that could help bring around a character arc, it would be interesting to interact with, and helps keep the internal dynamics interesting. It's so different from the characters I typically play, but I'm really trying out something new!
word count: 175
Ekilar of Sirothelle

Son of Rilith
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Hi Hi!! Welcome to ST, I hope you have a GREAT time here!!! Anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.
word count: 22
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”