Hi hi

These things are always awkward...

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Thaddeus
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Renown: 40
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hi hi

Quick question; how much does a polar bear weigh?
Enough to break the ice.

Scarecrow here, aka the puppeteer behind Thaddeus and likely a few other characters down the line, for now, you're stuck with the brutish teddy bear(once he's approved, of course.)

I suppose this is where I should fill out those question thingies from the pinned post, huh? Since I'm usually to crappy at making a welcome post myself.

I've been roleplaying text-wise for about as long as I've been able to use a computer, not that that means I'm any good at it, but I'd like to think I'm "Decent enough, and always learning." I write in a weird sort of way in that my posts use past-present tense with first/second person view-- its hard for me to explain, something akin to "Thaddeus look to the female curiously, remaining silent; instead choosing to seem more occupied with his drink than her rabble." Please pardon if it seems off/odd, it flows better to me somehow but I am very much open to learning what mistakes I made. As far as where I've roleplayed prior to this lovely place(no seriously I love the way it all looks, 10/10 guys) I've made my mark on various long dead forums, discord servers, hell even facebook roleplay.

Nicknames... Well, Scarecrow is perhaps my second most common, and the one you all will likely be more familiar with given Thaddeus being my main boy. I'm honestly open to whatever you prefer to call me in short; Thaddeus, Thad, Scare, Crow, lizard-butt etc, anything works as long as I can tell you're talking to me.

Favorite characters... Well that's both easy and hard to explain. I have three major characters outside of this forum that I love to death, but one named 'Scare' is very much my baby in terms of character creation. Though you'll likely never get to see him, his personality type is strongly reflected in Thaddeus, so you'll get some sense of my love for these big, brutish, brooding teddy bears.

All in all I'm very much excited to dive into ST, even if I am a bit timid. The world is so beautifully woven together, the lore, the depth, the world itself. My only worry is that it's all so much I feel I'll forget or overlook important details trying to take it all in. As such; I've actually chosen to make my character as naive as myself, so that we may learn this world and its hardships and triumphs together! Hopefully...

Oh boy! The hobby section. I am what some may call a jack of all trades; I paint, I do digital and traditional art, I crochet, needlecraft(clothes, costumes, stuffed toys) and I make my own jewelry(beads, wire, anything I can get my hands on). I don't consider myself a master of any of these crafts, but I love dabbling in them all. Honestly speaking, the challenge of learning new techniques and the frustration is so so worth it when I see it finished and get to say "I made this!" Eeeeven if it looks like shit... oops. And yes, before you ask, I do commissions for art, just ask(I like to think I'm pretty cheap, too).

There's nothing unique about me.

I learned of ST through a friend who talks about it a lot, so he dragged me into it and I have never been more excited and nervous to write anywhere. Please be patient with my awkward self...

word count: 614
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Hi hi

Welcome to Standing Trials Lizardbutt!

In all seriousness, welcome welcome! The lore can be a bit overwhelming but we have an amazing team of prophets (the ones that are different colors, advocates, storytellers, developers, lore analysis unit) that are always willing to answer any and all questions! Truuuust me, I've had my fair share of them! If you find yourself in Scalvoris, or Quacia (my other character is there), hit me up and we can thread together! Good luck, have fun, and above all else....um well fun is above all else, that's why we are here, right? :D

Welcome aboard agian!
word count: 103
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Varthakh
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Jeger
Renown: 580
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

That friend that brought you here sounds like a cool guy, welcome to ST Lizardbutt.
word count: 15
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
-- Bertrand Russell
Alistair
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Hey friend! Welcome to ST - also, lemme know if you need help with anything! Excited to see what you write. :D
word count: 20
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”