Wealth System Q & A

This is a temporary subforum for managing the massive Wealth Tier System that is being implemented.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Wealth System Q & A

Got a question about the Wealth System? Ask it here!!!!

And PLEASE NOTE what it says in the announcement. Price List and Businesses aren't done yet - will be coming soon and we'll announce as soon as (a few days, we hope) so please just hang fire on those!

EDIT: Businesses are now live (as are Factions)
word count: 58
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Kalortah
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Wealth System Q & A

Say I wanted to buy a sword or suit of armor below or of my own tier. Would I deduct wealth points? And how many weapons can I buy in a season?
word count: 32
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: 328
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I'm trying to convert to the new system, and have some questions.

1) I have a bunch of job threads that are currently in the PSF waiting for the wages to be approved. When converting, can I count those, or do I use only ones that have already been approved? That will determine whether I post my conversion now, or wait for the wages to be approved.
 ! Message from: Peg
You can count them, no worries!
2)For converting land/property/etc.: It says to use the prices I paid for them. Does this mean that the value of the starter house and the 1/4 acre of land that came with it since I took the farmer starter package has no value to be calculated since I did not pay for it? What about land that was awarded as a thread prize? Tei owns 2/3 of an acre due to the fact that in Ne'haer, holidays offer rewards if you write threads on them. Here are the links to the threads where I earned the land.

[Treth] Planting Day

[Treth] Planting Trial

But the land isn't something that I bought. So does that mean I shouldn't add it to my total for converting into wealth points? If I am able to include it, how do I do so? 1/4 of an acre is worth 200 GN in the old price list. So what would 1/3 of an acre be worth?
You have the land - you don't lose it etc, but you don't add it to your total in terms of conversion.
word count: 274
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: 328
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

And another question. I am finishing up a couple of job threads now. Am I still able to submit them for wages if I finish before the cut off today?
Answered this in Discord but the short version is no, fraid not. It all changed with season change.
word count: 51
Dandelion
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 235
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

What happens to a Wilderness PC's wealth points when they go up a skill level? Do they immediately get the lowest level of points at the new level? Stay at the lower level until they have enough? Have mismatching points, eg Tier 2 with 2 wealth points?

What happens if they spend enough points that a wage PC would drop a level?
 ! Message from: Pegasus
From the Wealth Tier wiki page. Specifically, the section "Wilderness PCs & Wealth Tiers".
~~ 'Wilderness PCs may earn Wealth Points the same as any other PC and complete Wealth Threads in the same way. When they reach a new Wealth Tier due to Skill increase, they are considered to be on the very bottom of that Tier. They can not increase their Wealth Tier via Wealth Points as a Wilderness PC until they reach Tier 5, but they can spend them.

Once a Wilderness or Seafaring PC has reached maximum Wealth Tier due to skill, their wage is maxed out. However, as they accrue Wealth Points, their Wealth Tier increases as does every other pc.' ~~
So, when a Wilderness PC goes up a Tier - they increase their Tier - and get the lowest level of Points.
As for if they spend enough that a wage PC would drop a Tier - nothing would happen. Their lifestyle is determined by their Skill level. I'd question how much they were a "wilderness" pc, if they're on shopping sprees, personally, but I guess it could happen. For them, their Wealth Skill determines their lifestyle, because it's that they rely on to live. Hope that helps!!
word count: 268
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Pending Questions
1 Price List Related Question Outstanding. Will respond as soon as the Price List is live. This is my reminder - post 2 of this thread.
word count: 27
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Dandelion
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 235
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thanks, that helps. When you're on the minimum points, it only takes spending one (a better weapon, a replacement mount, etc) to take you under, and I wanted to be sure.

Thanks again.
word count: 34
Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 780
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I have a question regarding giving odd jobs to other players.

I'll just get to the essence of what I'm trying to accomplish:

My pc Kisaik wants to hire another player to hunt meats for him. According to the shoppe, for the amount of meat he needs for the season, it'll be 6 wp for 120 days of meat (Tier 5).

My concerns are that this might be too quick a transfer of wealth, for just one thread. Will it have to be divided into several different threads for a transaction? Bear in mind the player in question doesn't have a business. So I'm not sure if the problem translates from the business/employee guide.
word count: 120
Splinter
Prophet of Old
Profession: Master of the Shadows
Renown: 0
Templates

Heyo Kisaik and thanks for the question!

So a couple things to answer your question.

If you wish to transfer wealth points between each other, that's up to you. We are not going to establish any hard fast rules for that. As was said,
If PC A wants to pay 14wp for a blade of grass, they can
So, what you use for price, or if you use anything at all, is totally up to you - and between the two PCs.

Now for the remainder of the points. If Kisaik is Wealth Tier 5, then you can assume the meat at Tier 5 and there isn't a need to pay, but since Kisaik is Tier 2, he'd have to pay, either to the void (basic spending) or ...again up to you if you transfer it over to the other player.

How you want to do it is up to you. You can thread, or not. Other player could use said thread as a wealth thread. Etc. Options are there and there are many. Hopefully this helps, more than confuses!
word count: 182
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Wealth Tier System Update”