Renown rewards rework

Adjusting the rewards for renown to fit with the new Wealth system.

This is a temporary subforum for managing the massive Wealth Tier System that is being implemented.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Renown rewards rework

Quio wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 pm I'll be commenting on the new price list once I've read through all of it! Do we want those comments here or in the feedback thread?
Good point! here is a new thread
Also, I think we've got to switch / change up those numbers a bit. The 50% discount is one-off. The 10% discount is perpetual. That means the 10% discount is actually worth more. So we need to switch the numbers (for the 50% 2wp off a single extra purchase; for the 10% 10wp off a single extra purchase) or change the numbers a lil bit. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the new price list (are we calling it the shoppe?) to suggest new numbers. Though I can try, haha.

I think the 50% one-off as 2wp is good. If we wanted to go higher for that one, maybe as high as 5wp? Perhaps the 10% one should be more like 10wp extra per year or something like that.
Ohhhhh yes, good point. Ok. Well, I'll let you have a gander at the Shoppe and how it's working (I've no idea what it will be called but it's less of an actual list of prices now... )

Let me know - everyone very very welcome to comment and comments very gratefully received!
word count: 231
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Kyreen
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Baker
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Personal Journal
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Hm. What if the perpetual 10% off became "can shop from this particular shop as if 1 tier higher than actual tier"? Would that work, or is it a bit too much?
word count: 32
Lei'lira
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Farmer
Renown: 267
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Also, I think we've got to switch / change up those numbers a bit. The 50% discount is one-off. The 10% discount is perpetual. That means the 10% discount is actually worth more. So we need to switch the numbers (for the 50% 2wp off a single extra purchase; for the 10% 10wp off a single extra purchase) or change the numbers a lil bit. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the new price list (are we calling it the shoppe?) to suggest new numbers. Though I can try, haha.

I think the 50% one-off as 2wp is good. If we wanted to go higher for that one, maybe as high as 5wp? Perhaps the 10% one should be more like 10wp extra per year or something like that.
Quio beat me to it. XD The 10% off price list items needs to be worth more since it is a permanent thing. I like the 50% off one converting to 2 wp. Not sure about the 10 wp for the other one, though. 10% off one of the largest ships, or several acres of land, etc. (any really big purchase) may well be more than 10 wp. Especially if someone would be using the 10% off multiple times per arc.
word count: 213
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Kyreen wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:56 pm Hm. What if the perpetual 10% off became "can shop from this particular shop as if 1 tier higher than actual tier"? Would that work, or is it a bit too much?
I like this personally. If each 10% was a wealth tier extra? Or.. ergh. Does the maths for that work out?

I mean, the 50% could simply be that extra purchases cost 50% less. I just dont think that'll work on the 10% since it's a smaller percentage.

Either that or it could be a +5 WP x year) thereby freeing up more things to buy?

I have to admit to a level of brain frazzle on this. It's the numbers.
word count: 125
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Pegasus wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:29 pm
Kyreen wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:56 pm Hm. What if the perpetual 10% off became "can shop from this particular shop as if 1 tier higher than actual tier"? Would that work, or is it a bit too much?
I like this personally. If each 10% was a wealth tier extra? Or.. ergh. Does the maths for that work out?

I mean, the 50% could simply be that extra purchases cost 50% less. I just dont think that'll work on the 10% since it's a smaller percentage.

Either that or it could be a +5 WP x year) thereby freeing up more things to buy?

I have to admit to a level of brain frazzle on this. It's the numbers.
50% should just be that I think. A one time flat 50% the actual cost of an item, if it's available to them. Still makes more expensive things viable, and if we go about putting actual costs on each category, like we'd discussed briefly in discord, it'll make this feel like a solid option.

The 10% becoming an extra tier available actually works as well. 10% = 1 tier, 20% = 2 tiers, etc, culminating into 5 tiers opened up above your current.
word count: 218
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Wealth Tier System Update”