Renown rewards rework

Adjusting the rewards for renown to fit with the new Wealth system.

This is a temporary subforum for managing the massive Wealth Tier System that is being implemented.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Renown rewards rework

Alrighty, next on the list was the rewards from renown. I'm going to copy and paste the current rewards we have established now. Goal is to convert or eliminate all nel rewards, which might be a bit difficult for some of the smaller amounts, but we can figure it out. If any of you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions on things to be done with this reward list, feel free to post and we can all discuss it.

Note: Pegasus, since she's heading the WT update, has final say over this. I'm just helping where I can.

Renown Point Reward List: Please note: if your pc has multiple aliases with different renown "totals", you should keep a "grand total" and it is that total on which your rewards are based.

+1000 Tier 4 Internationally Renowned
+950 Medium
+900 Small
+850 Medium
+800 Small
+750 Tier 3 Regionally Renowned
+700 Medium
+650 Small
+600 Medium
+550 Small
+500 Tier 2 Nationally Renowned
+450 Medium
+400 Small
+350 Medium
+300 Small
+250 Tier 1 Locally Renowned
+200 Medium
+150 Small
+100 Medium
+50 Small
+0

Rewards:
The rewards achieved are detailed below. All rewards must be recorded.
  • Small Rewards: Upon achieving a small reward, players may choose 1 from the following list:
    • A 300gn gift / donation/ given to your pc.
    • 50 Point Bank points
    • A one off discount of 50% from any one purchase of a single item from the Price List. This is a one time deal. This can only apply to bulk items if they're for a business or if they're building materials. If you're unsure of whether the purchase qualifies for the discount, ask a staff member and they'll clear it up. This cancels out any other cost reduction modifiers.
  • Medium Rewards: Upon achieving a medium reward, players may choose 1 from the following list (please note: bonuses are cumulative). They must then write a thread (collab or solo) whereby they acquire this reward IRP. This thread must be signed off in review by a prophet and the reward is not in effect until this happens.
    • +3 on any relevant skill. This must be agreed either with your local prophet or via the PSF and must be in your Prophet Notes. This is 3 / 100 (not 3xp) and may take the skill over the 100 point. This does not apply to Domain Magic
    • 10% off items in the Price List. (up to a maximum of 50%)
    • +1gn to your daily wage from now on.
  • Tier Rewards: Upon achieving a large reward, players may choose 1 from the following list. They must then write a thread (collab or solo) whereby they acquire this reward IRP. This thread must be signed off in review by a prophet and the reward is not in effect until this happens.
    • Tier 1: Locally Renowned: Choose any one of the following
      • 1 NPC with 150 skill points with no less than 10 in any one skill and no more than 30. Must be approved via PSF
      • Group of faceless NPC followers. 5 x NPCs each with 50 skills points, which must be spent at no less than 5 and no more than 20 in any one skill per NPC. Must be approved via PSF
      • “Signature” Item: With a base item valued at no more than 100gn, the pc is gifted a unique item with a minor enchantment on it. This should be roughly the equivalent of an ability from a Favoured Immortal Mark (for reference) and must be approved via PSF
    • Tier 2: Nationally Renowned:Choose any one of the following:
      • NPC with 250 skills points. These must be spent as no less than 10 and no more than 40 in any one skill. Must be approved via PSF
      • Group of faceless NPC followers. 10 x NPCs each with 50 skills points, which must be spent at no less than 5 and no more than 20 in any one skill per NPC. Must be approved via PSF
      • “Signature” Item: With a base item valued at no more than 150gn, the pc is gifted a unique item with a moderate enchantment on it. This should be roughly the equivalent of an ability from a Adored Immortal Mark (for reference) and must be approved via PSF.
    • Tier 3: Nationally Renowned: All pcs at this level receive a Legendary Mount - must be approved through the PSF + any one of the following
      • NPC with 350 skills points. These must be spent as no less than 10 and no more than 50 in any one skill. Must be approved via PSF
      • Group of faceless NPC followers. 10 x NPCs each with 75 skills points, which must be spent at no less than 5 and no more than 20 in any one skill per NPC. Must be approved via PSF
      • “Signature” Item: With a base item valued at no more than 200gn, the pc is gifted a unique item with a major enchantment on it. This should be roughly the equivalent of an ability from a Exalted Immortal Mark (for reference) and must be approved via PSF.
    • Tier 4: Internationally Renowned. There is only one reward for achieving this level of renown.
      • Signature Item: With a base item valued at no more than 500gn, the pc obtains a unique item with a legendary enchantment on it. This should be roughly the equivalent of one ability somewhere above an Exalted Immortal mark but not quite at Champion level (for reference) and must be approved via PSF.
word count: 923
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Renown rewards rework

I think the 300gn could be a 1WP ?
50% off could be replaced with the ability to purchase 1 x seasons worth of items from 1 section in the Price List at 1 Wealth Tier above your own? (so, you eat really well, or buy 3 outfits or something?)
The daily wage thing... hmmm. I'm stuck. Thoughts?

Oh, in my head, we also have to consider the language bonus.
word count: 70
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Kyreen
Approved Character
Profession: Baker
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Personal Journal
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

The daily wage bonuses already collected are being grandfathered in as 1 wp on the season's total WP income. Why not simply make that the bonus for future ones too?
word count: 31
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Kyreen wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:12 pm The daily wage bonuses already collected are being grandfathered in as 1 wp on the season's total WP income. Why not simply make that the bonus for future ones too?
<reads that>

<reads it again>

<facepalms>

Yep. That works. :)
word count: 49
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

I think the 300gn could be a 1WP ?
50% off could be replaced with the ability to purchase 1 x seasons worth of items from 1 section in the Price List at 1 Wealth Tier above your own? (so, you eat really well, or buy 3 outfits or something?)
1) Yeah, 300gn could be 1wp, would make it feel "worthwhile" to pick that particular reward. That said though, the conversion between wealth points and point banks was figured up between Prongs and I at...200 point bank points is worth 1 wealth point. Should we also up the PB reward a bit?

The 50% off, I like the idea of getting 1 x seasons worth. It fits nicely. Maybe we could have an either or option on that one though, as I know a lot of people use that 50% to get one really nice weapon, maybe something like...
  • Ability to purchase 1 x seasons worth of items from 1 section in the Price List at 1 Wealth Tier above your own.
  • Remove the wealth point cost of purchasing a single item 1 Wealth Tier above your current, or half the wealth point cost of a single item 2 Wealth Tiers above your own.
The daily wage bonuses already collected are being grandfathered in as 1 wp on the season's total WP income. Why not simply make that the bonus for future ones too?
I think this works for the +1gn converstion. Just up the wealth points wage by 1. Seems fair, and isn't too unbalanced over all.

For the Tier rewards, the signature items need converted from a gn price to a Wealth Tier price. Suggestion was made to do 5/7/9/10 for Tier 1/2/3/4 respectively. I'm very inclined to agree here. Those rewards and the renown needed fit nicely with how Wealth Tiers are supposed to represent the players lifestyles.

The NPC rewards can stay the same. Nothing stands out as needing changed with those.
word count: 335
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Lei'lira
Profession: Farmer
Renown: 267
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Well, the language bonus is + 1 GN to the daily wage if I remember correctly. If that renown reward is going to translate to +1 wp each season, then maybe the language bonus could be treated the same way?
word count: 39
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Lei'lira wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:07 am Well, the language bonus is + 1 GN to the daily wage if I remember correctly. If that renown reward is going to translate to +1 wp each season, then maybe the language bonus could be treated the same way?
Seems fair to me for sure. It was the intention of the loyalty/language/renown rewards to add to the overall earnings of the player, so adding additional wealth points per seasonal earning sounds reasonable.

Granted I said yeah! Then went and looked at the actual bonus for languages.
Additionally, a PC who is FLUENT in the primary language of their city may add +2gn to their daily wages IN THAT CITY.
+2wp seems a bit much. I'd still say +1wp for language bonus is a good placement. Yeah?
word count: 139
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

Lei'lira
Profession: Farmer
Renown: 267
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

...I didn't realize it was + 2 GN for fluency. But...I agree. +2 wp might be a bit steep. Unless it is a city where it would be *really* hard to get a job unless fluent in their language for some reason. If any cities like that are around. Athart maybe given the Avriel see all other races as vastly inferior. If few Avriel living in Athart bother to learn Common, or any other languages aside from Lorien, their written language, and Dehasin (so they can order their slaves around as needed), then a foreigner looking to get a job there really has their work cut out for them unless they are fluent in Lorien. In that situation, then maybe +2 wp for fluency is warranted.
word count: 127
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Lei'lira wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 am ...I didn't realize it was + 2 GN for fluency. But...I agree. +2 wp might be a bit steep. Unless it is a city where it would be *really* hard to get a job unless fluent in their language for some reason. If any cities like that are around. Athart maybe given the Avriel see all other races as vastly inferior. If few Avriel living in Athart bother to learn Common, or any other languages aside from Lorien, their written language, and Dehasin (so they can order their slaves around as needed), then a foreigner looking to get a job there really has their work cut out for them unless they are fluent in Lorien. In that situation, then maybe +2 wp for fluency is warranted.
:shock: Yep! I like this a lot. Definitely makes sense. :D
word count: 146
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

I'm actually very anti it ever being 2WP. If 1WP = roughly 1,000gn then in a season of 123 trials (our longest) the language bonus of +2 wouldn't get you to 1/4 of a whole WP.
word count: 39
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Wealth Tier System Update”