Quio [Character Sheet]

This section is for Character Sheets specifically. Please make sure to read over the starting guides, rules, and the lost history information before completing a character sheet.

Moderators: Storytellers, Developers, Advocates

Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: +108
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Q u i o

(Quio, pronounced Kyo, or Key-yo)
A p p e a r a n c e
R a c e Yludih
F u l l N a m e Quiome (pronounced Key-yo-may), meaning 'Of Eternity' (named for his father Quaome (Kay-yo-may), also 'Of Eternity')
O t h e r T i t l e s Quio (a nickname);
Q (a nickname);
Eloquoi* (pronounced El-oh-koi), a family-given title to the last-born child);
Ruq Qy'ihadi (pronounced Rook Ki-eh-ha-di, a biqaj alias);
Iaan Krome (a second, Rymere-specific, alias burned in Rynmere);
Earnest Freeman (Quio's 'mercenary' alias, picked up in Rynmere; outed in Etzos);
Korim Nji'ra (pronounced Koh-rem Nhe-rah, a biqaj alias in Etzos; outed in Etzos)
G e n d e r Male
B i r t h d a t e 18th of Cylus, Arc 694
B i r t h p l a c e Willow Woods, Ne'haer

*THE ELOQUOI
The Eloquoi is an 'Ome--' family tradition, a self-proclaimed duty passed down from one generation to the next. Started a few generations before on Quio's father's side, it was a title created through desperation. His father's great-ancestor had been born the child of a defector, one who had done a part in committing the greatest atrocity known to the yludih people. Thus, the defector's son was looking for redemption for his family line.

In the end it came down to sacrifice: he and his children and his children's children would act as humble purveyors of knowledge. While it is a yludih's goal to learn the humanoid races and end up immortalized in Uleuda, it fell to their family to master the opposite: the animals. Each of the great-ancestor's five children selected a world biome and began their study; the sixth child, named the Eloquoi, sought to compile his siblings' knowledge, along with a knowledge of all the humanoid races. He then ascended to Uleuda as a teacher, to act as servent to his people forevermore. In this way the family line sought recompense for its prior wrongdoing. Quio's great-ancestor believed that amassing such knowledge was paramount for their races' survival.
SCARS AND INJURIES
Winter, Arc 705 PERMANENT Quio is attacked and wounded with a knife. A long line is dragged along his side, from a point in his back to under his ribs. The wound is through only the skin, but receives no proper medical attention and leaves an ugly scar. The scar is on his born human form.
16th of Saun, Arc 716 Quio is gut-punched. His stomach is sore for a day.

1st of Vhalar, Arc 716 Quio is wounded on his right calf when a shadowbeast bites into him. It will take 12 trials to fully heal.

15th of Vhalar, Arc 716 PERMANENT Forced into a rage, Quio attacks his shipmates and earns a sickle-shaped burn on his arm. Along with myriad small bruises and cuts, any injuries earned during this time will heal within 15 days. However, due to the psychological nature of the burn it will form a vivid brand on Quio's right shoulder. The brand is on all of Quio's forms.
31st of Vhalar, Arc 716 Quio takes a beating; he is battered and bruised and will be in considerable pain for the next 4 - 5 trials. The pain will fade over the following 8 - 10 trials.

10th of Ymiden, Arc 717 PERMANENT Held as a captive by men who hate him, Quio's right ring and pinky fingers are amputated with shears. Throughtout his captivity (into early Saun 717), he suffers various forms of torture, though no other amputations. His fingers are lost in all of his forms.
1st of Saun, Arc 717 PERMANENT Remaining a captive, Quio is seriously injured when one of the men take an axe to his unconscious form, hitting him in the shoulder and cleaving through his collarbone. The damage is deep and brutual, and the seriousness and position of the injury is enough to threaten his life. Recovering from this injury will take at least the rest of Saun into Vhalar, and perhaps longer depending on healthcare and setbacks. The scar from the injury only shows up on his biqaj form; however, in all of his forms his left arm has been crippled.

6th of Saun, Arc 717 Ingestion of lantern oil and sea water has caused moderate/severe irritation of Quio's mouth, tongue, and throat. These injuries will heal slowly. His mouth and throat are burned and he has temporarily damaged his voice. Due to his circumstances, he's at risk of further dehydration/malnourishment, exhaustion, etc. Quio has lost a lot of blood recently, and a lot of weight during his captivity, and does not have a lot of energy.

9th of Saun, Arc 717 Quio further damages his voice by yelling and screaming. He loses his voice for a few days, and will continue to be hoarse and sore for a few after that. He also takes out old stitches using a stone knife and his teeth. The wounds bleed a little but do not reopen, and will take a handful of trials to heal. The wounds will remain sore during that time.
Y l u d i h:
H e i g h t 6' 2'' (188 cm)
W e i g h t 170 lbs

Quio is typical of all yludih in form, with a crystalline build and bulk. He is relatively thin and tall for his species, and tends to envision his crystal as made up of clear-white, red, and golden, like sunstone or rutilated quartz. In reality he is still young yet to have developed any true color at all.
extra line here
sunstone rutilated quartz
Image Image
extra line here
UPDATE: As of Ymiden 717, Quio has started to develop some lasting color in his crystal; by Saun 717, how he envisions his crystal has changed. No longer does he think of his crystal in terms of sunstone or rutilated quartz, all shining red and gold; instead, the colors he's taken on are bruise-like, purples and browns, though there are parts of him flecked in bloody red.
extra line here
quartz with amethyst phantom I II
Image Image
III IV
Image Image
extra line here
extra line here
red lepidocrocite I II
Image Image
extra line here
R e n o w n
PERSONA, LOCATION (optional) space RENOWN space TOTAL
Quiome, Uleuda +1, +11 +12
extra line here
H u m a n:
I
H e i g h t 6' 2'' (188 cm)
W e i g h t 170 lbs

Quio's born human form is that of a tall, gangly man with pale, red-gold hair, a light smattering of freckles, and crisp greyish eyes. When he projects his chosen form, whether human or (eventually) animal, he tends to rely on a red and gold color palette, sometimes washing into browns and greys. Due to his unique upbringing, first as a yludih in the wilds and then as a biqaj, he has little sense of body modesty and is not afraid of showing skin. Even in nudity, however, he will always, always wear a braided necklace displaying a sunstone. And even when he presents as a human, he tends to dress biqaj and speak Rakahi.

R e n o w n

Note: Starting renown (SR) for Quio in Saun Arc 716 was +10.

Quio, Ne'haer +10 (SR), +3 +13
extra line here
II
H e i g h t 5' 10'' (178 cm)
W e i g h t 170 lbs

Quio's second human form is that of a man in his mid thirties, dark of hair and eyes. Unlike his other forms, this form first belonged to a real person: a man named Earnest Freeman who worked --and perhaps still works-- at the Fighting Pits in Andaris, Rynmere.

Earnest Freeman is shorter but built more strongly than either of the yludih's first two forms, with a thicker neck, arms, legs, and trunk. With muscle designed for use rather than beauty, Earnest's form gives the impression of strength and hard work; he's a man of intimidation, judging by the old lines of anger upon his face and the countless other scars, large and small, which marr his body. While he has many scars, the most telling of these are a slice against the side of his neck, and a small, sword-shaped brand just under the far corner of his right eye, proclaiming him a freed slave.

R e n o w n
Earnest Freeman +8, +5 +13
extra line here
B i q a j:
H e i g h t 6' 0" (183 cm)
W e i g h t 170 lbs

Quio's biqaj form was originally intended to be a backup plan, used occasionally as Quio saw fit. However, he soon found himself using it more and more, and eventually adopted it as his dominant form. Somehow when he's in this form he seems more comfortable, more able to be himself. Shorter and more solid on his feet in this form than in his born human shape, Quio finds it's great for living on a ship, especially during high seas.

R a c i a l A b i l i t i e s Has color-changing eyes and slightly pointed ears. A true biqaj's blood is silver, and so in this form Quio's false blood runs silver too. Every once and a while under the moon, this form seems to glow with a faint silver shimmer.

E m o t i o n C o l or C h a r t In biqaj form, Quio's eyes perform the same color-changing tricks that natural-born biqaj display. When not experiencing any particular emotion, his eyes remain a warm brown.
EYE COLOR EMOTION
matte black harmful intent
brown base eye color, default
dark red confusion
light red turmoil
dark purple pain, hurt
light purple determination, perseverance
dark pink friendship, warmth, desire
light pink love
silver-white fear, anger
silver-tinted extreme negative emotions
flat grey tiredness, exhaustion, apathy
gold-tinted extreme positive emotions
golden-white happiness, hope
light green other desire, envy
dark green sadness
light blue contentedness, peacefulness
dark blue surrender, acceptance
R e n o w n

Note: Starting renown (SR) for Iaan Krome in Saun Arc 716 was +10.

Iaan Krome, Rynmere +10 (SR), +3, +1, +2, +7 +23
extra line here
Ruq Qy'ihadi (Quio) +1, +1, +6, +10, +2, +14, +10, +3 +47
Last edited by Quio on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 60 times in total.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:27 pm

C h a r a c t e r C o n c e p t
P e r s o n a l i t y :
U n s o c i a b l e
The standout characteristic of Quio's personality is his unwillingness to engage with others. He has lived a very sheltered life not once but twice, first with his mother in the wilds, then with his biqaj family. The people he feels comfortable around could be counted on one hand; the people he genuinely cares about, the same. In everyday interactions, he tends to speak too quietly and directly for someone who could otherwise pass as biqaj, and even while seeming relaxed, he is always watching with eyes just a little too sharp.

O b l i g i n g
Far, far beneath the social reluctance lies something of a bleeding heart. Living the second half of his short life on a ship full of the kindest, most open-hearted people, Quio has developed something of an inability to look away. He is willing to help anyone in need if able, despite the bad things that have happened to him often by stangers' hands. However, oftentimes his motivations to help align more with punishing the bad --for example, beating up a mugger-- than with aiding the good-- getting an innocent person's money back.

D a r i n g , o r F o o l h a r d y
Despite having learned the cruelty of the world while young, this yludih retains a readiness to thrust himself into danger when he feels it is necessary.

W a r y
At the same time, Quio has become exceptionally wary towards strangers and potential allies alike. Due to the hardships he's faced, he doesn't much like people who make themselves too friendly too fast, and --again-- he could count the people he trusts on one hand. He dislikes being around large (read: unpredictable) groups of people, and tends to try and avoid situations that would get him revealed as a yludih, trapped, or otherwise caught.

A n g r y
Within Quio is a hurt, a rawness that has been buried deep within him for many arcs, incited by the terrible events of his childhood. This anger --which at times feels uncontrollable to him-- pushes him to bursts of rage which are sometimes hard, very hard, to control.

B e h a v i o r :
Quio does not have many behavioral ticks, though in general he is much more withdrawn and wary in cities than on a ship or in the wilds. To strangers he comes off as a rather subdued biqaj, crude in sociality for one of that race.

Last edited by Quio on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 14 times in total.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:57 pm

H i s t o r y
P r e - C r e a t i o n :
F a m i l y L i n e
P a r e n t s , t i t l e ( if any ) :
Quaome (father), previous Eloquoi
Tabaqi (pronounced Tah-bah-ki, meaning 'Sixth Truth'; mother)

H a l f - s i b l i n g s ( in order of age, oldest to youngest ) , b i o m e :
Vaosigur, alias Vaas (pronounced Vah(ah)-sih-gur, alias Vahs, meaning 'Of Wisdom'), born Arc 678, forest

Qakaboh, alias Kado (pronounced Kah-kah-boh, meaning 'Of Strength'), born Arc 679, tundra

Kintuih, alias none (pronounced Keen-too, meaning 'He who is Great'), born Arc 681, desert

Sanulun, nickname Nulun, alias Shannon (human), alias Elross (mer) (pronounced Sah-noo-luhn, nickname Nuh-luhn, meaning 'He who has Life'), born Arc 683, aquatic

Yanaqi, nickname Yana, alias Fara (pronounced Yah-nah-ki, meaning 'One Truth'), born Arc 692, grassland

---

1 8 th of C y l u s , 6 9 4 Quio is born the sixth child to his father, the first to his mother. Despite being only a half-sibling to the rest of the family, he is named for his father and is looked to as the Eloquoi (meaning last born), a successor of knowledge.

He is born in the Willow Woods between Treth and Ne'haer and throughout his childhood arcs is encouraged to study animals and to understand nature. He lives only with his mother and is kept isolated from society, much as his siblings before him. It is the way of their family. It is their father's duty.

3 3 rd of Y m i d e n , 7 0 0 As a child, Quio first arises to the Uleuda. This date is commemorated as a second birthday; in his family, it is more important than the day of birth. He promptly begins his studies with his siblings under the careful proctorship of his father and many other teachers.

H o t C y c l e , 7 0 0 Quio begins examining the ways of animals in earnest. The coyote is his favorite animal, and so they focus primarily on canines. His mother uses her wolf form, and though he is a boy they live purely as animals for much of the next few arcs, exempting in the winter. This is how they study.

H o t C y c l e , 7 0 4 Quio is allowed to enter the city for the first time in his life. His mother is not allowed to come on the trip; earlier she had an argument with his father. He spends the day with his father and a couple of his elder siblings. They watch people. His father lets him play with other children, real children. 'Learn them,' he is told. Quio has never known a friend but he finds after some hesitance that he makes them easily. He dazzles the other children, quite literally. His father catches him projecting rainbow colors of light for a little girl, awing her, and then he is in trouble. He is not allowed back in the city. He returns home and his mother wraps him in her arms. His parents have another shouting match.

Quio weeps that night from sadness. Before, with just his mother, he had been content. But now he keeps thinking of all the people in the city. The children he met, especially the little girl. Their different faces. Their smiles.

C o l d C y c l e , 7 0 5 Quio goes back to the city with his mother for some errands after much begging and pleading. There he meets the little girl again, but she runs away from him. He thinks she must not remember him. On the way home someone tries to follow them. But it is cold and there is a storm and they make it home in peace. His mother leaves the lights out that night, and they cuddle together for warmth.

C o l d C y c l e , 7 0 5 The men have come from the city. His mother tries talking to them, but something is wrong. They grab Quio's mother and there's a knife. She's hurt. She screams in their native tongue for Quio to run! One of them descends upon Quio and hits him when he tries to help his mother. He's not certain what's happening and he seems to lose himself through parts of it; he blinks and suddenly he is stumbling through the forest, a man with a knife at his back. He realizes he needs to run! like his mother had told him, and he does, in the process getting slashed deeply by the man. The man gives chase through the woods. But these are Quio's woods and eventually he loses him. Later, when he's hidden, he smells smoke. After the sound of the men's voices fades, he goes back to the house. It's burning up, gone. His mother is gone too. He's afraid to go to the city. He stays and waits for his mother for many, many days but she never comes back.

R e b i r t h C y c l e , 7 0 6 There's someone in the woods and Quio is weak from hunger. At first he hides because he is afraid that it is the men again, hunting him. But it's just another boy, digging for rocks, shining them, putting them in his pockets. Quio watches him throughout the day. He can't help but watch. He has not seen faces, smiling faces, in so long.

The boy has food and Quio sneaks out to try and steal it when the boy wanders away. But the boy is waiting and Quio whirls on him, about to attack. He stops; he realizes that the boy does not want to hurt him. They talk. The boy smiles at him, and they eat, and they search for rocks together.

The sun is fading and they walk towards the city, but Quio balks. Afraid. He is so afraid. He tells the boy that he has no home, that he is not welcome. They wait until night and sneak to the water, where there is a large boat. The boy calls it the Andresmarie. This is the boy's home. Quio is fed and clothed. When the boat leaves in a seven-trial, he remains on it. It is his new home too.

3 3 rd of Y m i d e n , 7 0 9 He tells the boy what he is and expects to be thrown to the currents. But they are friends. And Hart is kind. And he accepts Quio.

S a u n , 7 1 0 It is a big night. Hart and Quio grip hands and stand in front of their family. There is a great reveal, two, followed by even greater silence. The boys are prepared: packed and ready to leave if necessary. Quio trembles, thinking that he has lost a second home. But there is nothing to fear. Quio is accepted doubly by these kind people. 'You are our kin.' They swear to keep his secret. And they have no prejudice against two boys in love.

Arcs pass and they are good arcs, full of open skies and freedom and Hart. During this time Quio creates a second humanoid form, one of a biqaj, to match his promised one.
H i s t o r y C o n t i n u e d
P o s t - C r e a t i o n :
S a u n , 7 1 6 Quio and his promised one Hart come to Andaris in their little sloop, the Jovy Akor. They discover the kingdom of Rynmere is on the verge of a civil war and though Quio wants to leave, Hart convinces him that it's better to stay.

It is not. Throughout the remainder of the season Quio is hurt, loses his ship, is attacked by monsters called shadowbeasts, is separated from Hart, and is ultimately forced to kill to survive. Worse yet, after the civil war a newer, greater war arises: the war of immortals.

At the same time, the war in Uleuda against the nulliem rages on. Quio makes a mistake which gets a number of yludih warriors killed, though he himself is saved by a stranger-- a yludih woman named Yanahalqah. After the events in the Uleuda, he and Yanahalqah are united by grief.

V h a l a r , 7 1 6 The shadowbeasts continue to attack and Quio, having been trapped outside of the city for some 20 days, finally comes back to Andaris when the gates reopen, hoping to find Hart. But before he can he meets an immortal on the streets, U'frek, who tells him to follow-- and Quio does. With U'frek and other champions of the immortals Quio is whisked away on a ship, The Humble Son, to Ne'haer-- but along the way something terrible happens, completely crippling Quio's sense of self. The ship is attacked and Quio, unbeknownst to him, is targeted by a pair of immortals Kata and Mastes; Kata turns him into a giant shadowbeast, full of rage, and Quio is forced to attack his shipmates in a haze of anger.

When the fight is over and Quio turns back he no longer trusts himself. He is willingly taken to the brig and held captive for the rest of the journey, though U'frek stops by to give him a gift, two pearl seashells that can be used to communicate through far distances.

Once at Ne'haer the champions from Rynmere find the city is a warzone, buildings completely demolished, people hurt, and everything on fire. Quio does his best to help them despite his history with Ne'haer, but eventually an army of Aukari come, setting everything once more ablaze, and Quio and the others escape through a portal to the final site of the war: a field of ice, Oscillus, where the champions must fight to recover Treid's heart.

Quio joins the battle towards the tomb and loses himself in the chaos. The fight plays out, insanity ensues, and the opposing immortals are finally defeated but not before many losses on both sides. For his efforts Quio is blessed by Qylios. Then he and the others are sent home.

After the war, Quio remains plagued by uncertainty, self-hate, and self-doubt. This culminates in him breaking down and revealing his identity as a yludih to a group of people at a ball commemorating the war, which later he comes to view as an act of self-harm.

Z i ' d a , 7 1 6 - C y l u s , 7 1 7 For the next two seasons, Quio falls further and further into a depression. He spends little time with the people he loves and isolates himself, hyperfocusing on a task given to him at work: to make a case to save a man and his son, Vernon and Derek Smith, from the Fighting Pits.

A s h a n , 7 1 7 In Ashan, 717 Quio finally snaps. He realizes he wants --no, needs-- to go to Ne'haer, the place his mother was killed which he visited during the war; he needs to find the men who hurt his mother, but he also feels he cannot leave until he finishes his job. In a burst of criminal activity, he stakes out the Fighting Pits and traps a man who works there, Earnest Freeman, along with his family. Armed with Earnest's form and the information about the Pits the man had given him, Quio breaks into the Fighting Pits and ultimately ends up freeing Vernon and Derek, committing many crimes along the way and burning his Rynmere identity Iaan Krome-- but it seems he's too late, as Derek has already been grievously wounded in a fight.

Still, Quio takes the freed man and son on his ship, the Blackheart, and sails west towards Warrick, hoping to drop them off there. However, Derek dies before they can get him home and soon after Quio is told by his sister Yanaqi that in a fit of jealousy and anger she had killed Hart, Quio's promised one.

In a state of advanced depression, Quio drops Vernon off in Warrick, buries Derek, and then sets sail with Yanaqi towards Ne'haer.

Late in the season Quio arrives in Ne'haer and quickly seeks out the men who wronged him. He finds one, sparing the man's life in exchange for information on the others, which leads him to Treth, where he finds another-- a man named Tedrik, one of the worst of the bunch. In Treth Quio confronts Tedrik but ultimately lets him go, feeling that killing these men is not the answer-- only for the men to turn on him some fifteen days later, and ambush him as he's finally trying to come to terms with all that has happened. Quio is shot through with arrows and beaten unconscious, and along with a Treth girl, Tei'serin, is taken hostage by the men who wish to do them both harm.

Y m i d e n , 7 1 7 After being taken captive by the men, Quio finds himself taking refuge in Uleuda. He's lost for a long time in his thoughts and when he emerges he begins, once again, to isolate himself from others. The men do awful things to him when he's awake and so Quio spends most of his time in Uleuda. There he is given a guard by some of the Ancients, who fear that under duress he may turn traitor and spill their race's secrets. If he does, his guard will have no choice but to kill him. Quio finds himself on the brink of self-destruction.

There he meets up again with Yanahalqah. It is because of her that he pulls through his depression and decides to live.

S a u n, 7 1 7 By this time a pattern of behavior has emerged, and Quio follows it to a t. Self-isolation and depression turn once again to vengeance, and Quio snaps once more. This time, he is certain he will kill the men who have tortured him; he has lost his compassion for those fleshlings who do harm.

In an effort to break free of captivity, Quio attempts to escape the men's ship and manages to do so, though not before grievous injury. One arm crippled and in extremely poor shape, Quio leaps off the side of the ship and washes up on an unknown shore. By following two ships heading southward --including the men's ship-- Quio discovers that he is on the Bailey Peninsula. Within sight of Foster's Landing, but inherently distrustful of pirates and thinking the men must be there, Quio decides to trek northwest towards Etzos.

However, as he begins the journey he is tracked by pirates from Foster's Landing, who know he is yludih and who attempt to take him hostage once more. Quio barely makes it through the encounter, and only survives due to outside intervention. A man and beast from a place called The Post help him escape the pirates, though it nearly costs the man's life. Once the pirates are killed --except for their leader, Meeks-- Quio is taken by way of Etzori escort to Etzos.

V h a l a r, 7 1 7 - A s h a n, 7 1 8 It takes more than half an arc for Quio to recover from his time spent in captivity. For a full season he is too weak to do much of anything. He is taken care of by a kind man from the milltown outside Etzos. When he's well enough again he does what work he can, but his left arm is crippled and he is marked by an immortal, a trait not welcome in Etzos. Finding employment is difficult, and in these seasons he struggles.

A s h a n, 7 1 8 In Ashan of 718 Quio finally feels he is strong enough to seek revenge on the people who captured, crippled, and nearly killed him. He travels to Foster's Landing where he inquires about the pirates who attacked him, along with the men from Ne'haer. While asking around he hears word of a one-eyed woman who has also been asking after the men. When he sees her, he recognizes her as a mercenary from Rynmere. Knowing the woman to be dangerous, he has her surveilled.

One morning Quio is sent a message that the woman has left Foster's Landing. Quio waits at the gates to the city to confront her. Before he can, however, he sees the men from Ne'haer. The men leave Foster's Landing and Quio follows them. His intent is to kill them to the last or die trying. He also wants information. While planning an attack, the men come under fire by arrows and Quio launches himself into the fray. He kills two of the men; the other six are killed by none other than the one-eyed woman. Upon meeting one another, they realize that they know each other. She is Yanahalqah, come on his behalf to Etzos to seek revenge. Together they make their way back to Foster's Landing, wary of being discovered by the watchers in the woods.
Last edited by Quio on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 17 times in total.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:25 pm

K n o w l e d g e , S k i l l
P o i n t s , & E q u i p m e n t

CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT

C l o t h i n g :
E v e r y d a y C l o t h i n g
  • red frock coat *worn only in biqaj form
  • simple cream cotton tunic with loose quarter sleeves and neckline
  • simple black cotton breeches
  • men's undergarments
  • brown leather cavalry boots
  • a simple dagger and brown leather belt sheath, used for everyday tasks
  • a masterwork tanto blade of cobalt metal with a black threaded handle and sheath (worth 96 gn)
  • a masterwork steel dao sword (specifically, a niuweidao) and wooden belt sheath *worth 160 gn, cannot be sold or gifted; can be stolen in a modded thread
  • a blue patterned belt sash *worn only in biqaj form
  • a sunstone necklace *always worn
  • a moonstone necklace *always worn
  • a seashell necklace gifted from U'frek which allows the wearer to be invisible to dangerous spirits, wisps, shadow creatures, and familiars *always worn
Everyday clothing images
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImage ImageImage Image
A r m o r
  • masterwork leather armor
  • masterwork leather gauntlets
  • masterwork leather greaves
  • masterwork leather fauld
  • masterwork leather helmet
  • an ancient alder wood kite shield, decorated with gold plate and the image of two mer with crossed tridents
Armor images
Image Image
the shield insignia, below:Image
W o r k / E v e n t C l o t h i n g
  • navy overcoat
  • grey blazer
  • royal blue dress shirt
  • white lace-embroidered flowery dress shirt
  • floral embroidered waistcoat
  • dark tan suit trousers
  • brown leather belt
  • brown leather dress shoes
  • men's undergarments
  • stockings
Work/Event clothing images
Image Image
O t h e r C l o t h i n g
  • burgundy suit jacket
  • burgundy suit trousers
  • light grey dress shirt
  • dark grey dress shirt
Other clothing images
P e r s o n a l E q u i p m e n t :
Within a large, weatherproofed canvas rucksack:
  • 1 set of toiletries (a brush, razor, bar of soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and added small (hand) mirror, 2 hand towels)
  • 1 tinderbox
  • 1 waterskin
  • 1 compass
  • 2 communication shells, pearl-colored and small enough to fit in the palm; 1 given to a PC or NPC will link the two, allowing communication between them. The shells work over vast distances, though voices will come through distorted and with an echo, necessitating short, to-the-point sentences
    *as of Ashan 717 one of the seashells has been stolen and is missing
Personal equipment images
A r t i f a c t :
Quio's artifact is a sunstone wrapped in braided string, intended to be worn as a necklace (worth 15 gn). He also has a complementary piece: a peach moonstone wrapped in string in the same manner. This he never removes, no matter what form he's in.

Note: The moonstone necklace is not a part of the artifact, and thus has been deducted from Quio's ledger.

LEDGER

(SP)=Starting Package.
extra line here
ITEM PRICE TOTAL
starting gold nels (SP) +20.0.0 20.0.0
small table (SP) +25.0.0 45.0.0
small chair (SP) +5.0.0 50.0.0
4 assorted dinner plates (SP) +0.8.0 50.8.0
small shovel -0.4.0 50.4.0
large broom -0.6.0 49.8.0
dustpan -0.4.0 49.4.0
rags (10) -0.2.0 49.2.0
3 small buckets -6.0.0 43.2.0
2 tin cups -1.0.0 42.2.0
small cooking pot -3.0.0 39.2.0
small frying pan -2.0.0 37.2.0
potholder -2.0.0 35.2.0
3 small bags (pouch sized) -0.3.0 34.9.0
3 oz salt -0.3.0 34.6.0
3 branches of rosemary -2.1.0 32.5.0
waterproofed (waxed) canvas tarp -3.5.0 29.0.0
chicken feed (Hot Cycle 716) -1.0.0 28.0.0
straw (Hot Cycle 716) -1.0.0 27.0.0
dog feed (Hot Cycle 716) -1.0.0 26.0.0
3 hens -3.0.0 23.0.0
dagger (and assumed sheath) -3.0.0 20.0.0
hand mirror -4.0.0 16.0.0
2 small towels -0.1.0 15.9.0
2 wooden spoons -1.4.0 14.5.0
large weatherproofed canvas rucksack (bag) -1.2.0 13.3.0
moonstone -5.0.0 8.3.0
sash -1.5.0 6.8.0
hemp rope (50 ft) -1.0.0 5.8.0
3 gn from Tristan Venora +3.0.0 8.8.0
wages (Saun 716) +94.6.4 103.4.4
2 personal NPC's (Saun 716) -20.0.0 83.4.4
navy overcoat (coat, large size, wool, blue dyed) -13.8.6 69.5.8
grey blazer (jacket, large size, wool, 'black' dyed) -1.9.8 67.6.0
royal blue dress shirt (shirt, medium size, cotton, blue dyed) -0.9.7 66.6.3
white fancy dress shirt (shirt, lace-embroidered, medium size, cotton) -5.2.4 61.3.9
fancy floral waistcoat (vest, embroidered, fair condition, medium size, custom dyed (x10 modified)) -21.6.0 39.7.9
dark tan trousers (trousers, large size, wool, beige dyed) -1.3.2 38.4.7
belt (leather, brown dyed) -4.0.0 34.4.7
dress shoes (dancing shoes, extra large, leather, brown dyed) -6.4.0 28.0.7
men's undergarments -0.2.0 27.8.7
stockings -1.0.0 26.8.7
Ye Olde Inn rent (2sn/night for 29 nights, Saun 716) -5.8.0 21.0.7
Ye Olde Inn stables rent (5cn/night for 29 nights, Saun 716) -1.4.5 19.6.2
hammock -3.0.0 16.6.2
dark grey dress shirt (shirt, medium size, cotton, 'black' dyed) -0.3.2 16.3.0
light grey dress shirt (shirt, medium size, cotton, 'black' dyed) -0.3.2 15.9.8
burgundy suit jacket (jacket, fair condition, medium size, red dyed) -4.3.2 11.6.6
burgundy trousers (trousers, fair condition, medium size, red dyed) -7.2.0 4.4.6
2 mugs of ale -0.2.1 4.2.6
bounty for Black Barbra +50.0.0 54.2.6
8 dinner plates (assorted type) -1.6.0 52.6.6
8 dinner knives -0.8.0 51.8.6
8 tin cups -4.0.0 47.8.6
8 tablespoons -0.8.0 47.0.6
1 small shovel -0.4.0 46.6.6
1 large broom -0.6.0 46.0.6
1 dustpan -0.4.0 45.6.6
1 5x5 yd tarp -3.5.0 42.1.6
3 oz salt -0.3.0 41.8.6
3 branches of rosemary -2.1.0 39.7.6
2 small bags -0.2.0 39.5.6
15 ft rope ladder -15.0.0 24.5.6
50 gn side challenge reward +50.0.0 74.5.6
cost of seating and admissions for A Royal Tragedy -16.0.0 58.5.6
2 mugs of ale, 2 competent prostitutes -2.2.0 56.3.6
wages (Vhalar 716) +634.6.8 691.0.4
dog food (Cold Cycle 716) -1.0.0 690.0.4
chicken feed (Cold Cycle 716) -1.0.0 689.0.4
straw (Cold Cycle 716) -1.0.0 688.0.4
Ye Olde Inn rent (2sn/night for 123 nights, Vhalar 716) -24.6.0 663.4.4
Ye Olde Inn stables rent (5cn/night for 123 nights, Vhalar 716) -6.1.5 657.2.9
2 personal NPC's (Vhalar 716) -20.0.0 637.2.9
small fishing net (20 sq ft) -40.0.0 597.2.9
paid off debt -300.0.0 297.2.9
Ye Olde Inn rent (2sn/night for 93 nights, Zi'da 716) -18.6.0 278.6.9
Ye Olde Inn stables rent (5cn/night for 93 night, Zi'da 716) -4.6.5 274.0.4
2 personal NPC's (Zi'da 716) -20.0.0 254.0.4
Ye Olde Inn rent (2sn/night for 30 nights, Cylus 717) -6.0.0 248.0.4
Ye Olde Inn stables rent (5cn/night for 30 nights, Cylus 717) -1.5.0 246.5.4
2 personal NPC's (Cylus 717) -20.0.0 226.5.4
dog food (Rebirth Cycle 717) -1.0.0 225.5.4
chicken feed (Rebirth Cycle 717) -1.0.0 224.5.4
straw (Rebirth Cycle 717) -1.0.0 223.5.4
Ye Olde Inn rent (2sn/night for 123 nights, Ashan 717) -24.6.0 198.9.4
Ye Olde Inn stables rent (5cn/night for 123 nights, Ashan 717) -6.1.5 192.7.9
2 personal NPC's (Ashan 717) -20.0.0 172.7.9
Ye Olde Inn rent (1sn/night for 10 nights, Ashan 16th - 26th 717) 1.0.0 171.7.9
bottle of rum -10.0.0 161.7.9
50 ft of hemp rope -1.0.0 160.7.9
jute sack (medium bag) -0.2.0 160.5.9
set of 6 torches -3.0.0 157.5.9
three tins of burner fuel (lamp oil) -15.0.0 142.5.9
1 personal NPC (Ymiden 717) -10.0.0 132.5.9
1 personal NPC (Saun 717) -10.0.0 122.5.9
1 personal NPC (Vhalar 717) -10.0.0 112.5.9

O t h e r :
DEBT PAID TOTAL
-300.0.0 0.0.0 -300.0.0
+300.0.0 0.0.0

SKILLS

(SP)=Starting Package.
(RB) = Racial Bonus.
(SH) = Shards.

S k i l l L e d g e r :
Ledger
THREAD OR SKILL POINTS TOTAL
(SP) +50 (SP) 50
field craft -10 (SP) 40
navigation -10 (SP) 30
seafaring -20 (SP) 10
appraisal -10 (SP) 0
(RB) +25 (RB) 25
disguise -25 (RB) 0
(SH) +6 (SH) 6
field craft -2 (SH) 4
disguise -2 (SH) 2
investigation -2 (SH) 0
mistaken identity +15 15
etiquette -5 10
investigation -5 5
politics -5 0
broken trust +10 10
endurance -5 5
blades: dagger -5 0
andaris, andaris, and burgess +10 10
investigation -10 0
the eloquoi +10 10
navigation -10 0
dawn of the void-creatures +14 14
polearms: spear -10 4
stealth -4 0
rebirth +10 10
endurance -5 5
field craft -5 0
the lookalike lord +14 14
LANGUAGES-- Ulehi -14 0
[cyrene bay; venora] lifeboat +10 10
navigation -5 5
polearms: spear -5 0
[global event] swords, axes, daggers oh my [side challenge] +15 15
blades: dagger -10 5
LANGUAGES-- Common -5 0
[job thread] chained to freedom +10 10
politics -10 0
black barbra +15 15
tactics -15 0
[global event] the humble son +19 19
blades: dagger -12 7
navigation -2 5
seafaring -5 0
reconnection +15 15
linguistics -15 0
when the morning comes +15 15
unarmed combat: brawling -10 5
LANGUAGES-- Common -5 0
stealing a statue +15 15
LANGUAGES-- Common -15 0
[warrick] i'm bringing home a baby bumblebee +15 15
unarmed combat: brawling -10 5
LANGUAGES-- Common -5 0
the yanabruh +15 15
LANGUAGES-- Ulehi -15 0
a light in the darkness +15 15
blades: dagger -14 1
LANGUAGES-- Ulehi -1 0
a star at night +15 15
LANGUAGES-- Common -15 0
[global event] battle to the tomb of treid +13 13
blades: dagger -6 7
unarmed combat: brawling -7 0
[global event] the great meeting +20 20
blades: dagger -20 0
a royal tragedy +15 15
blades: dagger -8 7
unarmed combat: brawling -6 1
stealth -1 0
the laws of men and of the heart +10 10
unarmed combat: brawling -10 0
breaking and taking +10 10
blades: dagger -9 1
field craft -1 0
[warrick] rough waters +10 10
navigation -8 2
seafaring -2 0
the tortured one +10 10
meditation -10 0
between worlds +10 10
endurance -5 5
meditation -5 0
alone +15 15
LANGUAGES-- Ulehi -15 0
[bailey peninsula] deliverance i +10 10
field craft -7 3
unarmed combat: brawling -2 1
investigation -1 0
[bailey peninsula] deliverance ii +10 10
field craft -10 0
one way +15 15
blades: dagger -15 0
[between ne'haer and rhakros] never starve again i +10 10
field craft -10 0
[foster's bay] interception +20 20
LANGUAGES-- Common -20 0
S k i l l s :
Due to an update in the skill system, the required number of knowledges have been changed. For my own reference I'll put the requirements here:
Novice = 0-10
Competent = 11-21
Expert = 22-32
Master = 33-59
Legendary = 60

EDIT: Due to an update in the skill system, skill level (save for Fast Track skills) will be determined only by these XP requirements:
Novice = 0 - 25
Competent = 26 - 75
Expert = 76 - 150
Master = 151 - 250
Grandmaster

(FT) = Fast Track.

extra line here
SKILL KNOWLEDGE POINTS RANK
blades: dagger (primary) 18 99/250 EXPERT
unarmed combat: brawling (primary) 13 45/250 COMPETENT
field craft 21 45/250 COMPETENT
navigation 7 35/250 COMPETENT
disguise (FT) 5 27/100 COMPETENT
seafaring 10 27/250 COMPETENT
investigation 6 18/250 NOVICE
endurance 12 15/250 NOVICE
meditation 10 15/250 NOVICE
polearms: spear (primary) 0 15/250 NOVICE
politics 4 15/250 NOVICE
tactics 14 15/250 NOVICE
appraisal 2 10/250 NOVICE
etiquette 6 5/250 NOVICE
stealth 10 5/250 NOVICE
blades: saber, dao (secondary) 2 -- NOVICE

L a n g u a g e s:
SKILL KNOWLEDGE POINTS RANK
linguistics 2 15/250 NOVICE
extra line here
Note: Quio began with (SP) fluent Rakahi and (SP) broken Common.
Note 2: Novice linguistics (ling.) allows a PC to learn up to 4 languages; two easy-level languages can be automatically leveled to broken. As such, Ith'ession has been leveled to broken; the other language chosen, Ulehi (a hard-level language) cannot be automatically leveled at this time.
extra line here
LANGUAGE, DIFFICULTY KNOWLEDGE POINTS RANK
Rakahi (biqaj), easy FLUENT (SP) FLUENT (SP) F L U E N T
extra line here
Common, easy 6 broken: 25/25 (SP), conversational: 30/30, fluent: 35/35 F L U E N T
extra line here
Ulehi (yludih), hard 3 broken: 40/40, conversational: 5/50 CONVERSATIONAL
extra line here
Ith'ession (Etzos), easy 0 broken: 25/25 (ling.) BROKEN

KNOWLEDGE

(SP)= Starting Package.
(SH) = Shards.
Fauna
The obvious differences between humans and animals

Canids: Canine body language (SP)

Fauna: Coyotes
Coyotes: Habitat
Coyotes: Behavior and social structure
Coyotes: Diet and methods of hunting
Coyotes: Biology
Coyotes: Predators, competitors, and prey
Coyotes: Vocalizations and body language
Coyotes: Mating and stages of life
Coyotes: Body mechanics
Coyotes: Pack hierarchy

Jacadon
Jacadon: Almost too hot to touch
Jacadon: Keeps water in a waterskin
Jacadon: Eat seaweed when sick

Shadow creatures: Don't like / won't cross water.
Shadow creatures: Not safe at sea
Shadow creatures: Rise at dawn

Fauna: Shadowhounds: Very large, highly Intelligent, trainable wolves
Shadowhounds: Go for the throat, and can tear clean through it
Flora
Flora: Claytona monticola
Immortals
Immortals: Witness to their existence
There Is No Comparison To An Immortal

Immortal: Ethelynda

Immortal: Faldrun

Immortal: Ilaren

Immortal: Jesine
Portal: To Oscillus
Portal: Lights above it like stars

Immortal: Moseke
Moseke: Revitalised and healed all present

Immortal: Qylios

Immortal: U'frek
U’frek: Blind?
U’frek: Persuasive
U’frek: The sea moves around him
U’frek: No better than the people who murdered your mother?
U’frek: Gave you a gift

Immortal: Xiur

Immortal: Ymiden

Immortal: Yvithia
L a n g u a g e s
COMMON
  1. Common Word: Katana
  2. Common: Word: Hand
  3. Common: Word: Memory/memories
  4. Common: Word: Grip
  5. Common: Hearing phrases when you know what is being discussed
  6. Common: Biology vocab, words for parts of the body (ex: vertebrae)
extra line here
ULEHI
  1. Ulehi: Fleshlings, a derogatory term for the "waking" people of Idalos
  2. Ulehi: Fleshlovers, a derogatory term for yludih who love the waking world or its people
  3. Ulehi: Atuih, meaning possessed, a synonym for fleshlovers
Locations
Miscellaneous:

Black Guard: Etzori city watch
Black Guard: Rumored to have yludih members
Black Guard: Many use "Sovereign Ward" armor
Sovereign Ward: An armor enchantment that negates kinetic energy
Meeks, Valance, and the escort squad all know you're a yludih

Forbidden Post escort squad: Klendon, Berly, Grell, and Braxton Forell
Forbidden Post escort squad: Saved you and Valance from the pirates
Phrase: "Friend of the Post" declares yourself friendly to Etzos' forces

Southwood River: Connects Etzos and Foster's Landing

Ne'haer: Bustling city of prosperity
Ne’haer: Located in the west of Idalos
Ne'haer: City of religious tolerance
Ne'haer: In ruins due to mist men [shadowbeast] attacks
Ne'haer: Council of Minäih Judgement Hall
Ne'haer: Destruction of the Judgement Hall

Rynmere
Andaris: There's a war
Andaris: Large walls to protect the city
Andaris: Seems distrusting of strangers
Andaris: Difficult to navigate
Ye Olde Inn: Nicer than you'd think
Blacksmith Arms: Doesn’t rent rooms
Fighting Pits of Andaris: Paid off the knights and nobles to keep running
Fighting Pits of Andaris: Treats the animals better than the slaves
Fighting Pits of Andaris: Knowledge of their schedule and general goings on
Wine: Venora Red
Rynmere noble houses: There are seven in total
House Andaris symbol: Dragon
House Venora symbol: Rose
House Krome symbol: Wolf
Event: A Royal Tragedy

Krome: Burning any ships that sail the Zor

Venora: Housing the rebel army

Uleuda: Everything shines
General layout: Uleuda
Uleuda: Feel the wind
Uleuda: Gravity still present
Crystals are slippery
Uleuda: Great crystal Yldria
Uleuda: Yldria: The Mother
Uleuda: Your father may be there
Uleuda: The Forest: Father or Grandfather
Uleuda: The living and the dead reside here

Sanuleuda: A home for yludih in the false [waking] world
Yanabruh: A test of survival
NPCs
Alfred Morris: Works at Andaris, Andaris, and Burgess
Alfred Morris: Dresses as a knight
Alfred Morris: Also called Guttey
Alfred Morris: Right hand got bitten [off] by a jacadon
Guttey: Former knight

Artem Andaris: Works at Andaris, Andaris, and Burgess
Artem Andaris: Young!
Artem Andaris: Calls you Iaan Krome
Artem: Willing to help you out
Irene and Artem: Lost in their work
Artem: Didn’t want you to leave

Black Barbra: A wanted pirate
Black Barbra['s crew]: Ranchers
Black Barbra['s crew]: Worked for the Warricks
Black Barbra: Ship called the Blackheart

NPC: "Butcher": Raiden Valance's shadowhound companion

Dumont: Sleazy
Dumont: Smiles like a shark
Dumont: Punched you

Earnest Freeman: The man you threatened
Earnest Freeman: Former fighter in the Pits
Earnest Freeman: [You] took his face
Agatha: The daughter of Earnest Freeman

NPC: Elja Raj'ryn:
Elja: Si'tony's cousin

Emerson Sands: Attended Tristan’s play

Father: Yanaqi says he's dead

Granny Ebony: Formidable

Hart: Beautiful (SH)
Hart's Family: Took Quio as their son (SH)
Hart: Likes rocks that sparkle (SH)
Hart: Accepts Quio (SH)
Hart: Always wandering off for trials at a time
Hart: Born on a ship
Hart: Biqaj
Hart: Thirteen [when he found you]
Hart: Lives on [his mother's] boat, [the] Andresmarie
Hart: Dubious means of gathering info
Hart: Doppelganger for Tristan
Hart: Not intimidated by nobility
Hart: Ruled by his stomach
Hart: Is angry you lost the Jovy Akor
Hart: Owes money to Herys Harlow (300gn)
Hart: Not as careful as he should be
Hart: A considerate man
Hart: Not fond of fights

Herys Harlow: Sent a debt collector

Irene Davies: Hired you at Andaris, Andaris, and Burgess
Irene Davies: Evidently not too picky
Irene and Artem: Lost in their work

Jack: Your new dog
Jack: Followed you on the ship

Jessa: Quiome's first friend
Jessa: Kind and sweet
Jessa's father: Murderer of [your] mother

King Cassander: Attended Tristan’s play

NPC: Meeks: Leader of a pirate crew
Meeks' crew: Stole the Ne'haer ship and set the men adrift

The men from Ne'haer: Know all of your forms

NPC: Pike Tora'ouj:
Pike: Elja's human promised one

Qadazih: An Ancient One

NPC: Raiden Valance: Forbidden Post liaison with escort squad
Raiden Valance: Accepted Celarion bond when needed
Raiden Valance: Told you to find "Capt. Segrille"; that he's "not one of Vuda's"
Raiden Valance: Was shot while helping you

Rupert Scorn: Illegitimate child of a lord of Andaris

Vernon Smith: A slave who claims he was taken illegally
Vernon Smith: Lived in Warrick
Vernon Smith: Still in the Fighting Pits
Vernon Smith: Badly beaten while in the Fighting Pits
Vernon: Parted on bittersweet terms of the cruelest kind
Derek Smith: Whereabouts still unknown
Derek Smith: He’s in the Fighting Pits

Yanaqi: Cold eyes, cold heart?
Yanaqi: Wants you to resume your studies
Yanaqi: Threatened to hurt Hart
Yanaqi: Call her Fara
Yanaqi: Thinks you're weak
Yanaqi: Always watching
Yanaqi: Obeys the Elders
Yanaqi: Impatient with you
Yanaqi: Sometimes thinks you’re not yludih
Yanaqi: Watchdog and protector
Yanaqi: True to her heritage
Yanaqi: Distrustful of the Leader [Yanahalqah]
Yanaqi: Killed Hart for betraying you, family resentment, and jealousy
PCs
Alistair Venora: A noble
Alistair Venora: A doctor

Andráska: A wonderful cellist
Andraska: Plays the cello
Andraska: Tristan’s cousin

Bronik: New to Rynmere
Bronik: Biqaj
Bronik: Sailor
Bronik: Nik
Bronik: Stole the Jovy Akor

Daliane: Not the main actor?

Elyna Burhan: Gracious host

Faith: Scary when cross
Faith: Tristan’s slave
Faith: Best cook in Andaris
Faith: Her favorite place is in Tristan’s house
Faith: Talented healer

Lei'lira: Knows more Common than you
Lei'lira: Had a dream
Lei'lira: Father is dead
Lei'lira: Knows your real name [Quio]

Peake: Tax collector
Peake: Lovely beard

Tristan Venora: A noble
Tristan Venora: A sculpter
Tristan Venora: Looks exactly like Hart
Tristan Venora: Likes to pretend to be other people
Tristan Venora: Would like to be a pirate
Tristan Venora: Enjoys a good prank
Tristan Venora: Knows an undertaker who's good in bed
Hart: Says he's possessed by a noble
Hart: Says he drank green liquid
Tristan: Trickster at heart
Tristan: Generous
Tristan: Sleeps with his slave
Tristan: Suffers from seasickness
"Bearded Statue": Lord Peake Andaris
Mistral: Potential wrench in the works [Tristan's cat]
Tristan Venora: Too smart for his own good
Tristan: Has casting issues
Tristan’s play: Scandalous

Vluharqih: Daring, even as a child
Vluharqih: When in doubt, defer to her
Vluharqih: Trusted partner

Yana: Confident leader
Yanahalqah: The Leader
Yanahalqah: Might have followed you
Yanahalqah: Saved you
Yanahalqah: Suffered because of you
Yanahalqah: One of the flowers [Lonely flower?]
Yanahalqah: In pain
Yanahalqah: You helped her
Yanahalqah: Was on the Humble Son?

PC: Yanahalqah (yludih): Rayna: Mercenary

Saeri: An interrogator
Personal
Eloquoi: Quio's destiny (SH)
Don't get in the way of adults
Most siblings are mean
You kissed a noble, and you liked it. His lips tasted like strawberry fake-drink.
Quio: Killed two men
Task: The immortals need your help
Task: Head to the Council of Minäih
Quio: Turned into a shadow creature
Quio: Hurt Faith
Quio: Hurt Rita
Quio: Hurt Alys
Quio: Hurt Tristan
Quio: Manipulated by the immortals?
Quio: The victim

Earnest Freeman: Took his face

Yludih: First animal form: Coyote knowledge
Yludih: First animal form: Coyote observation
Fauna: Coyotes
Coyotes: Habitat
Coyotes: Behavior and social structure
Coyotes: Diet and methods of hunting
Coyotes: Biology
Coyotes: Predators, competitors, and prey
Coyotes: Vocalizations and body language
Coyotes: Mating and stages of life
Coyotes: Body mechanics
Coyotes: Pack hierarchy
Races
Yludih: Never show them [the waking people] what you are
Yludih: Gain theirv[the waking peoples'] trust
Nulliem: Destroyers of light
Nulliem: Tree killers
Ancient Ability: Pulses of light
Illusions: Not only yludih hide their true selves
Yludih: Hiding your true nature
Yludih: Not hated by everyone
Yludih: What is it to be [a yludih]
Yludih: Yludih bodies are simpler and stronger than flesh-things'
S k i l l s
ACTING
  1. Acting: Pretending to be a loitering drunk
  2. Acting: Pretending to be a begger
  3. Acting: Making your voice lower and more nasal
extra line here
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
  1. Safely recovering a jacadon from the water
  2. How to properly push water out of a jacadon's lungs
  3. Using a jacadon's wing as leverage [against it in a fight]
  4. Animal Husbandry: Keeping Jack warm
extra line here
APPRAISAL
  1. Appraisal: Knowing when to seek medical attention (SP)
  2. Appraisal: The superficial evaluation of a person (SP)
extra line here
BLADES: DAGGER
  1. Blades: Dagger: Stabbing with a knife
  2. Combat: Dagger: Basic stance
  3. Combat: Dagger: Grip
  4. Combat: Dagger: Slashing attack
  5. Blades: Daggers: How to slit a man's throat
  6. Blades, Dagger: Forward grip
  7. Blades, Dagger: Reverse grip
  8. Blades, Dagger: Draw and stab
  9. Bladed Combat (Dagger): Slice and slash on the move
  10. Blades (Dagger): Using [a dagger] as a threat
  11. Blades: Dagger: Hiding to suprise your opponent
  12. Blades: Dagger: Backstab
  13. Blades: Dagger: Using a knife as a tool rather than a weapon
  14. Blades: Dagger: Circle to keep out of enemies' reach
  15. Blades: Dagger: Hit harder to make up for a weapon's bluntness
  16. Blades: Dagger: Lunge
  17. Blades: Dagger: "Rabbit" stabs to the abdomen
  18. Blades: Dagger: Slash at an enemy's hands to make them release you
extra line here
BLADES: SABER
  1. Blades: Slash
  2. Combat: Blades: Slash-punch
extra line here
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
  1. Business Management: People panic buy when war is on the horizon
extra line here
CHEMISTRY
  1. Chemistry: Lantern oil encourages the flame
  2. Chemistry: Coating a vase in oil keeps it alive [lit]
extra line here
COSMETOLOGY
  1. Cosmetology: Colour combinations matter for professional dress
extra line here
DECEPTION
  1. A deal that can be both kept AND broken
  2. Deception: Mix truth with lies to sound more believable
  3. Deception: Play along and act cool
  4. Deception: Use what you know
  5. Deception: If it works once it will likely work again
  6. Deception: A very hard lesson in deception from one you loved
  7. Deception: A foolhardy attack may act as a surprise
extra line here
DETECTION
  1. Detection: Spotting signs when approaching buildings
  2. Detection: The smell of death
  3. Detection: Watch someone's eye movements carefully to help determine their thoughts
  4. Detection: Flirts wear skirts, mercenaries don't
  5. Detection: How to notice expressions of uncertainty and suspicion
  6. Detection: Tiny details, like a waving hand, can make all the difference
  7. Detection: Listening to another's actions carefully
  8. Detection: Getting a feel for Earnest Freeman’s face
  9. Detection: Small slips can lead to terrible truth
  10. Detection: Spotting when the plan has derailed
extra line here
DISCIPLINE
  1. Discipline: Not showing emotion when there's work to do
  2. Discipline: Throwing yourself into work can stop your mind from wandering
  3. Discipline: Cooperating for Tristan's sake
  4. Discipline: Defending your friends
  5. Discipline: Fighting off panic
  6. Discipline: Keep going through fear
  7. Discipline: Keep busy and stay on target
extra line here
DISGUISE
  1. Disguise: Unadorned clothing blends in to [the] forest
  2. Disguise: Hide behind a false name
  3. Disguise: Dress the part
  4. Disguise: Sound the part
  5. Disguise: A slave can look like a free slave with the right branding
extra line here
ENDURANCE
  1. Endurance: Adrenaline helps to survive
  2. Endurance: Cold limbs have less mobility
  3. Endurance: Cold water causes sluggish movement
  4. Endurance: Just push through
  5. Endurance: Practicing is tiring
  6. Endurance: Extreme rage
  7. Endurance: Enduring a beating
  8. Endurance: Running for long periods of time In Uleuda
  9. Endurance: A brief respite is very welcome
  10. Endurance: Biting cold
  11. Endurance: Burying those who deserved attention
  12. Endurance: Sacrificing personal safety to injure an enemy
extra line here
ETIQUETTE
  1. Etiquette: Use of Lord as a title
  2. Etiquette: Not all nobles are quite how you'd expect them to be
  3. Etiquette: Fancy events tend to collect weapons from the attendees to avoid unnecessary violence
  4. Etiquette: At a fancy event, servants will take your cloak before you enter
  5. Etiquette: Truth versus lies
  6. Etiquette: How to behave at a play
extra line here
FIELD CRAFT
  1. Field Craft: Finding shelter is imperative to survival
  2. Field Craft (Snow): Don’t leave tracks
  3. Field Craft: Makeshift bandages
  4. Field craft: Making a simple stone knife
  5. Field craft: Making a bow drill
  6. Field craft: Using a bow drill to start a fire
  7. Field craft: Dry wood is imperative to starting a fire
  8. Field craft: Dry wood is found on dry ground
  9. Field craft: Sharpening/refining a stone knife
  10. Field craft: Using sapling bark to make cordage
  11. Field craft: Soak sapling bark to make it easier to remove in strings
  12. Field craft: Use fire to keep the animals away
  13. Field craft: Gather whatever food you can, even from carcasses if necessary
  14. Field craft: Knapping a stone tool to make it sharp
  15. Field craft: A coarse whetstone smooths and a polished whetstone sharpens
  16. Field craft: Using rocks as whetstones to hone a stone tool
  17. Field craft: Making a simple hand drill
  18. Field craft: Starting a fire with a hand drill
  19. Field Craft: Dry your feet immediately after fording a river
  20. Field Craft: Even small amounts of food are worth foraging
  21. Field Craft: Use a river to cover tracks
extra line here
FISHING
  1. Talking scares away fish
extra line here
HUNTING
  1. Hunting: Call out and scare away animals
  2. Hunting: Picking up an animal's trail
  3. Hunting: Follow a prey animal to find its predators
extra line here
INTELLIGENCE
  1. Intelligence: Surveying from afar
  2. Intelligence: Infiltrating the enemy's ranks
  3. Intelligence: Setting up patterns of surveillance
  4. Intelligence: Getting a feel for a time table
  5. Intelligence: Getting a head count of night shift workers
  6. Intelligence: Spying on the household of your next target

extra line here
INTERROGATION
  1. Interrogation: Finding out the what
  2. Interrogation: Finding out the when
  3. Interrogation: Be thorough
  4. Interrogation: If you're unsure of the info threaten their child
  5. Interrogation: Don't kill the leader
extra line here
INTIMIDATION
  1. Intimidation: A dagger to the throat
  2. Intimidation: A threatening stare
  3. Intimidation: No actual promise of restraint
  4. Intimidation: The counter threat of death
  5. Intimidation: Fuck the law
  6. Intimidation: Scream and I burn your house down
  7. Intimidation: Move and I cut you
  8. Intimidation: You sit where I tell you to sit
  9. Intimidation: Do you want to bleed man? I’ve killed before
  10. Intimidation: Persistence can sometimes gain you an answer
  11. Intimidation: Using whatever you've got to intimidate the hell out of your enemies
  12. Intimidation: Making yourself inhuman
extra line here
INVESTIGATION
  1. Investigation: Putting together behaviours to determine when something isn't quite right
  2. Investigation: The devil is in the details
  3. Investigation: Observing the goings on at the Fighting Pits
  4. Investigation: Where do the bodies go?
  5. Investigation: Errands don’t last that long
  6. Investigation: Memorizing the layout room by room
extra line here
LEADERSHIP
  1. Leadership: Compassion breeds loyalty
extra line here
LINGUISTICS
  1. Linguistics: Reading common phrases in Common
  2. Linguistics: Using body language to communicate
extra line here
LOGISTICS
  1. Logistics: Feeding refugees on boats
  2. Logistics: Bring a cart to move a heavy item
  3. Logistics: Guards' arrival won't save Tristan
  4. Logistics: Learn. Distract. Heist. Escape
  5. Logistics: First part complete
  6. Logistics: Well-planned operations can be taxing
  7. Logistics: Measuring your resources against how far you need to go
extra line here
MEDICINE
  1. Medicine [non-yludih]: Signs of a fever
  2. Medicine [general]: The body has to work harder in the cold
  3. Medicine [yludih]: Yludih's bodies reject stitches
  4. Medicine [yluidh]: The asterism can get too hot
  5. Medicine [yludih]: Claytona monticola can be used like stitches
  6. Medicine [yludih]: Claytona monticola specifically works on yludih
extra line here
MEDITATION
  1. Meditation: Breathe and think
  2. Meditation: The clear the body technique
  3. Meditation: Repeated mantra
  4. Meditation: Full body relaxation
  5. Meditation: Fighting through the stress
  6. Meditation: Remaining in the Uleuda when the body wants to wake
  7. Meditation: Going into a trance to rest
  8. Meditation: Using meditation to remain calm
  9. Meditation: Using meditation to overcome pain
  10. Meditation: The Mother crystal helps yludih meditate
extra line here
NAVIGATION
  1. Navigation: Basic sloop navigation (SP)
  2. Navigation: Navigating in the dark
  3. Navigation: Position of the sun
  4. Navigation: Filling the gaps using the info you already know
  5. Navigation: Shallow water navigation around the shoreline
  6. Navigation: Building a map of the world in your head
  7. Navigation: The relative positions of Hiladreth, Rhakros and Valaris to Etzos
extra line here
NECROMANCY
  1. Necromancy: Necromantic cats, are they a thing?
extra line here
NEGOTIATION
  1. Negotiation: Splitting profits fairly
  2. Negotiation: Making commands when you know you have the upper hand
  3. Negotiation: Flip of a coin
  4. Negotiation: Extra ransom to get the names of the clients
  5. Negotiation: Proof of identity to stop assault
  6. Negotiation: Using a prisoner to get what you want
extra line here
PERSUASION
  1. Persuasion: Ordering your argument for maximum effect
  2. Persuasion: A case of mistaken identity
  3. Persuasion: Continuously repeating your point may help… or it may not
  4. Persuasion: Proximity and familiar names can influence others
extra line here
PICKPOCKETING
  1. Pickpocketing: If they aren’t looking the gold is as good as yours
extra line here
POLITICS
  1. Politics: Talking down a crowd
  2. Politics: Etzos: Allied with Hiladrith
  3. Politics: Foster's Landing: Amnesty for pirates willing to be privateers
  4. Politics: Only a select squad know about the "Forbidden Post"

extra line here
PSYCHOLOGY
  1. Psychology: Discerning reality from dreams
  2. Psychology: Coming to terms with the past
  3. Psychology: Last rites are often not the same for each individual
  4. Psychology: Removing your blades makes self-harm harder
  5. Psychology: Disarm yourself to prove you're not a threat
extra line here
RANGED COMBAT
  1. Ranged Combat: The art of rock throwing
extra line here
RESISTANCE
  1. Resistance: Resisting the urge to respond to pain
  2. Resistance: Using the Uleuda to avoid trauma in the waking world
  3. Resistance: Finding resolve in the toughest of situations
extra line here
RHETORIC
  1. Rhetoric: The truth sometimes is undeniable
extra line here
RUNNING
  1. Running: Adrenaline really helps!
  2. Running: Running around a building as quickly as possible
  3. Running: Zigzagging to avoid arrows
extra line here
TORTURE
  1. Torture: What it's like to be tortured
extra line here
SEAFARING
  1. Seafaring: Basic sloop maintenance (SP)
  2. Seafaring: Maneuvring shallow waters
  3. Seafaring: Anchoring and getting ashore in the dark
  4. Seafaring: Sailing the coastline in shallow waters
  5. Seafaring: Climbing the rigging
  6. Seafaring: Two people to sail a schooner
  7. Seafaring: The bow of a ship
  8. Seafaring: Taking down sails on a tall ship
  9. Seafaring: Using a bucket to catch water
  10. Seafaring: Sailing on despite the shock
extra line here
SHIELDS
  1. Combat: Shield: Defending against dagger strikes
  2. Shield Combat: Deflecting blows quickly
  3. Shield Combat: Gripping an enemy's shield to affect their own balance
extra line here
STEALTH
  1. Stealth: Lowering an anchor quietly
  2. Stealth: Break the back window when they're at the front door
  3. Stealth: Loud distraction to cover soft footsteps
  4. Stealth: Side rooms and corridors are useful hiding spaces
  5. Stealth: Better to hide than call out
  6. Stealth: Don’t wear flashy clothes
  7. Stealth: Stalking a tired unobservant man from midtown
  8. Stealth: It works better at night
  9. Stealth: Using the sound of a slammed door to cover your movements
  10. Stealth: Pressing flat beside a door
extra line here
STRENGTH
  1. Strength: Pulling against the weight of a grown man
  2. Strength: Carrying the weight of an injured and unconscious man
  3. Strength: Dragging a grown man from danger

extra line here
TACTICS
  1. Tactics: Retreating can help prepare counter attacks
  2. Tactics: Sneaking behind wins
  3. Tactics: Small weapons in a confined space
  4. Tactics: Dagger fighting is different than sword fighting
  5. Tactics: Taking advantage in times of war
  6. Tactics: Make sure you follow the plan
  7. Tactics: Lantern oil on a boat
  8. Tactics: Distract-and-steal teamwork
  9. Tactics: Surrounding a jacadon to confuse it
  10. Tactics: Prisoner means leverage
  11. Tactics: Teamwork is best
  12. Tactics: Danger to self vs danger to others
  13. Tactics: Always have a backup plan
  14. Tactics: Isolate one enemy from the others
extra line here
UNARMED COMBAT: BRAWLING
  1. Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Better odds when they're caught off guard
  2. Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Strangulation
  3. Unarmed Combat, Brawling: Claws
  4. Unarmed Combat, Brawling: Charge and tackle
  5. Combat; Unarmed: Push
  6. Unarmed Combat: Reacting to the follow-up knee strike
  7. Unarmed: A punch to the face
  8. Unarmed: When all else fails go for the nuts
  9. Unarmed: Keys to the face
  10. Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Teeth to the neck
  11. Unarmed Combat: Brawling: One on one is better odds
  12. Unarmed combat: Take whatever cover you can
  13. Unarmed combat: Use whatever weapon can be found

HOUSING

SP Description: A one-masted sailing sloop (boat) with a mainsail and jib rigged fore and aft. The sloop has a small hold and living quarters under the deck, enough room for a single bed, table or small writing desk, chair, storage chest, and shelf.

UPDATE: As of the 16th of Saun, Arc 716 the Jovy Akor was stolen and replaced by a repurposed pirate vessel, named the Blackheart by its previous owner.
extra line here
The Jovy Akor
extra line here
The Jovy Akor is a small, happy, one-to-two person sailboat with typical cream sails and a nice navy finish. Purchased secondhand and in poor condition as a rite of passage for Hart Qy'ihadi by his family, it took dedication to bring it back to seafaring shape. From the time they completed the rite of passage to the time they ended up in Rynmere, Hart and Quio manned the restored ship together as they sailed with their small family fleet, conducting business.

Now refurbished and kept in loving condition, The Jovy Akor hosts a sleek and shining deck complete with storage hatch. Underneath the deck lies a cramped, cozy set of living quarters. These quarters include a single bed (set into a shelved alcove), and a converted kitchen-type area. In the makeshift kitchen, a small trunk doubles as storage and a table, with two sacks of grain serving as cushions. Cups, a pot and pan, a cooking lantern, and other items (like tea and salt) hang from hooks or in bags on the kitchen-side wall.

The back third of the hold houses the leftover storage area. This space has been utilized to its very capacity, with a hammock rolled and tied to the ceiling (lowered as needed), a built-in storage cabinet pressed on the right side of the hull, and a pair of buckets on the left, leaving a small bit of open floor space. The open space has been lined with a tarp, strawed, and gated off with a small fishing net, acting as a pen for a trio of fluffy chickens.
extra line here
The Blackheart

The Blackheart is an excellent ship. It is a serious step up in terms of room, quality, and maneuverability from the Akor. Requiring anywhere from two to six to crew her and holding up to ten passengers, the Blackheart is a much more complex vessel, very beautiful in make.

Above deck, the Heart hosts two masts, under-deck storage, and a luxurious cockpit, complete with extra living room; below, twelve separate bunks are able to fold out from the walls, with six more comfortable primary beds on the port side and six less comfortable secondary ones on the starboard. In these quarters, Quio has set up everything quite similarly to how it was in the Akor, though the ship has a proper kitchen area with table, countertop, and sink. In the Blackheart there is much more storage, though most of that room is usually left empty, leaving a larger space for the chickens --or whomever else-- to roam.

OTHER

S h i p E q u i p m e n t and S u p p l i e s:
  • 2 hammocks
  • 1 gangplank
  • 1 map of Andaris' shoreline
  • 1 small fishing net
  • 1 small anchor
  • 1 spyglass
  • 50 ft of hemp rope
  • another 50 ft of hemp rope cut into thirds (about 15ft each)
  • 15 ft rope ladder
  • 4 torches
  • 1 jute sack (empty)
  • 8 dinner plates of assorted type
  • 8 eating knives
  • 1 fish smoker
  • 1 cooking lantern
  • 8 tin cups
  • 8 wooden spoons
  • 1 small cooking pot
  • 1 small frying pan
  • 1 potholder
  • 1 small bag containing approx. 3 oz of salt
  • 1 small bag containing 3 dried branches of rosemary for boiling into grog tea
  • 1 small shovel
  • 1 large broom and dustpan
  • 10 cleaning rags
  • 3 small buckets (2 for animal feed and water, 1 for hygiene or bailing)
  • 1 canvas tarp with waterproofing wax
Last edited by Quio on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:05 am, edited 113 times in total.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:03 pm

[anchor=marks][/anchor]

M a r k s & D e v o t i o n

CELARION

Celarion is the Mark of Qylios, granted to Quio after the war with shadowbeasts and the Battle at Treidhart in Vhalar of 716. Though Quio doesn't remember recieving the mark except as a blur of exhaustion and a glimpse of shining light, he was granted this blessing just after the battle was won by the side of mortals, before he was wearily sent home to rest.

Manifesting as either one, three, or five bands of glowing light around the Blessed's forearm (depending on the level granted), the mark of Celarion can be adjusted in color and brightness to suit the person who wears it. However, the mark can not be made completely invisible, nor can it reach a brightness greater than that of simple candlelight.

While not a follower of Qylios when given this mark, Quio would spend a couple seasons after the war lost within the dark of winter before beginning life anew in spring, gone in Ashan of 717 on a journey to discover who he is at heart. As a being of Uleuda, a creature inherent of light and battle, Quio most definitely falls into Qylios' domains of Bonds, Leadership, Light, and Courage, though he may not see those things in himself. Nonetheless, the groundwork for him to become a true follower was laid within the immortals' war, when, despite his shortcomings and pitfalls, Quio did his best to fight for what he thought was good and right.

DEVOTION

Though he doesn't yet have a true relationship with Qylios herself, Quio and the immortal share some similarities. Both somewhat estranged from certain members of their family and both with a love of travel, it would be easy for Quio to identify with the immortal of Light. In the Uleuda, Quio becomes his truest self physically: a person made of crystal whose blood is composed only of light. There in the homeland of his people Quio has had his ups and downs, his training and failures and battles with the dark. Perhaps it will be within Uleuda, then, that he might find a use for Qylios' guiding light.

ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE

A b i l i t i e s :
NAME space QUEST ACQUIRED space DESCRIPTION
Bond (minor) N/A The Favored can Bond with 1 other person. In doing so the Bonded individual gains a single glowing band around their left forearm. The Bond remains as long as both the Favored and the Bonded allow it. The Bond only functions within 300 feet of the Favored, and dissipates shortly beyond that distance.
Illustrious Skills N/A Add an extra three skill points to one of the following skills: Blades, Leadership, Discipline, or Endurance. Any skill points granted by this Mark can break the 100 point cap on skills.
Bound in Battle N/A The Favored and those Bonded with them are better able to fight together. Their tactics and movements flow almost seamlessly with little-to-no spoken communication. The Bond passes insights and slight thoughts between those Bonded while in combat together.
K n o w l e d g e :
  1. Celarion: Can glow in a variety of colors and levels of brightness
  2. Celarion: Cannot be made completely invisible
  3. Celarion: Lets the bonded move and work together without speaking
  4. Celarion: Lets the bonded share simple insight
  5. Celarion: The glow of the mark may reveal your position to the enemy
C o m p a n i o n s

YANAQI

F u l l N a m e Yanaqi (pronounced Yah-nah-key, meaning 'One Truth')
O t h e r T i t l e s Fara (an assumed human alias)
R a c e Yludih
G e n d e r Female
B i r t h d a t e 1st of Ymiden, Arc 692
H e i g h t 5' 11"
W e i g h t 170 lbs
S k i l l s Field Craft 26, Deception 25, Hunting 24, Trap Making 15, Stealth 10
R e l a t i o n s h i p In their childhood Quio and Yanaqi had been close, and despite Quio being a half-sibling, Yana had been closer to him than to any of her other brothers. Seeing each other was a treat, as Quio lived alone with his mother, and Yana with her eldest brother. Their father was their common link, bringing Yana to visit every once and a while, perhaps six times an arc.

After the death of Quio's mother, he fled the life his father had prepared for him in favor of a life with the biqaj. When he did this, he cut off all ties with his family and even with the Uleuda itself. For many years he was presumed dead by his yludih family; that is, until recently when by accident he connected with the Uleuda in his sleep.

Meeting again (in Saun of Arc 716) after not seeing each other for more than ten years, Quio finds that his sister is not who she once was. Now she parrots the old teachings of their father, acting as an antagonist, pushing him to give up the life he now has to resume his old life of isolation and study. She looks at him with resentment, believing that he has been shirking his duty to their family for many, many years.

Update: As of Ashan, 717, Quio believes Yanaqi to have killed his promised one, Hart. As such, he views Yanaqi as a murderer and harbors deep feelings of hate and grief which revolve around her involvement in his life. And yet... she is one of the only people he knows he can rely upon.

P e rs o n a l i t y Yana, or Fara as she is now called, is hard-working, dedicated, and ruthless, doing what she needs to survive, driven towards accomplishing the goals her father set out for her. When she was young she was like any girl, sweet, naive. Now that she is grown she has sharpened and become loyal only to her family and people. As Quio has forsaken the place of honor that their father left to him, she finds it her duty to reclaim his attentions using whatever means necessary. She is not above fighting dirty; in fact, that's the only way she fights. When she has a goal there is no distracting her from it: she will get what she needs, in her mind there is no other option.

Make no mistake, Fara is a predator and predator alone. Under a biting smile hides feral teeth.

H i s t o r y After Quio left the family, their father wrongly assumed that his youngest son had been slaughtered along with his mother, their corpses burned away. Suddenly the family was incomplete, and Quaome felt it was too late to beget another child. The title of Eloquoi, once Quio's, was thrust upon Yana.

It did not sit easily.

The Eloquoi was the recipient of knowledge, and Yana was years late in her practice. She had not been learning the races as the Eloquoi was wont to do, and had only been learning animals of one biome. Suddenly she had the immense task of mastering all the humanoid races, as many of the animals in her biome as she could learn, as well as the animals that her four elder brothers had been learning.

It took much discipline and punishment to conform her to the idea of being the Eloquoi. She slowly grew to secretly hate her deceased baby brother. How could he have died and done this to her?

To learn of Quio's survival, his betrayal, was like salt in a wound.

F o r m s As her chosen biome had been the grasslands, Yana's preferred forms stick to that area of expertise, including the maned wolf and mountain lion. From each of her four older brothers she has learned one form: wild dog (desert), alligator (aquatic), black bear (forest), and grey wolf (tundra). She has only one humanoid form, that of a young human female.
WILD DOG
B r e e d Dingo, desert dog
S i z e / H e i g h t ( at shoulder ) 3' 6" (or 107 cm)
W e i g h t 170 lbs
C o a t T y p e Short-haired
ALLIGATOR
B r e e d American alligator
L e n g t h 6' 10" (or 210 cm)
W e i g h t 170 lbs

HART

*UPDATED November 2016 (Vhalar, Arc 716).
UPDATE 2: As of Ashan 717, Hart is officially a PC and he and Quio will have no further connection.
[/tab][/tabmenu]
Last edited by Quio on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 25 times in total.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm

T h r e a d L i s t

MEMORIES

DATE space THREAD space STATUS space REWARDS
Ashan, Arc 703 The Yanabruh {Uleuda} graded [Vluharqih] 15/15 & +11 fame; fame allotted to Quiome
Hot cycle, Arc 704; Cold cycle, Arc 705 Broken Trust {Ne'haer} solo; graded 10/10
Cold cycle, Arc 705; Rebirth cycle, Arc 706 Rebirth {Ne'haer} solo; graded 10/10
late Ashan, Arc 708 [Between Ne'haer and Rhakros] Never Starve Again I solo; graded 10/10

SAUN 716

11th & 17th (day) The Eloquoi solo; graded 10/10
13th & 14th [Job Thread] Andaris, Andaris, & Burgess solo, job thread; graded 10/10 & +3 fame; fame allotted to Iaan Krome
16th Black Barbra {MATURE}, bounty; graded [Bronik] 15/15 & +6 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
17th (night) Dawn of the Void-Creatures {Uleuda} graded [Yanahalqah] 14/15 & -1 fame; fame allotted to Quiome
21st Mistaken Identity graded [Tristan Venora] 15/15 & -1 fame; & fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
25th Bows and Arrows ongoing [Alistair] --
33rd The Lookalike Lord graded [Tristan Venora, Faith] 14/15
34th Shadowboxing ongoing [Liarra Picine] --

VHALAR 716

1st (night) [Cyrene Bay; Venora] Lifeboat {Treid's Heart Global Event} solo {MATURE}; graded 10/10 & +1 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
3rd (night) Reconnection {Uleuda} graded [Yanahalqah] 15/15
14th-16th [Global Event] The Humble Son moderated; graded [Kingdom, Doran, Elyna, Aeon, Yrmellyn Cole, Padraig, Alys, Lei'lira, Tristan Venora, Faith, Yanahalqah, Lihobri, Rita Fenyo, Aelius Callistus, Djinn] 19/20, +2 devotion, & +10 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
14th (evening) [Global Event] Swords, Axes, Daggers Oh My [Side Challenge] graded [Lei'lira] 15/15
19th [Global Event] The Great Meeting moderated; graded [Jade, Symbri, Lei'lira, Ti'niva, Doran, Tei'serin Nji'ryn, Padraig, Yanahalqah, Rafael Warrick, Maltruism, Tristan Venora, Faith, Jachiel, Aeon] 20/20 & +14 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
20th [Global Event] Battle to the Tomb of Treid moderated; graded [Jade, Vluharqih, Faith, Symbri, Maltruism, Nightshade Eld, Tei'serin Nji'ryn, Doran, Aeon, Padraig, Yanahalqah, Lei'lira, Rita Fenyo, Ti'niva, Zenith, Tristan Venora, Nauta F'mos Geey, Noth, Jachiel, Vincent D'Ordyn, Basilisk] 13/20 & +10 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
31st When the Morning Comes graded [Duncan Oisin] 15/15 & +2 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
33rd "Here kitty kitty kitty" "Have you seen this cat?" PM to join, job thread(?); ongoing --[/url]
34th Stealing a Statue graded [Yanahalqah, Tristan Venora] 15/15
39th [Warrick] I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee graded [Aeon] 15/15
41st [Warrick] Bumblebee II: A Sequel ongoing [Aeon] --
47th Small World [House of Roses] ongoing [Duncan] --
50th The Curious and the Content [Moderated] moderated; ongoing [Ayissi, Pegasus] --
55th [Job Thread] Chained to Freedom solo, job thread; graded 10/10 & +1 fame; fame allotted to Iaan Krome
60th A Light in the Darkness graded [Elyna, Malcolm, Tristan Venora, Faith, Nir'wei, Yanahalqah] 15/15 & +2 fame; fame allotted to Iaan Krome
60th (splinter thread) A Star at Night graded [Tristan Venora, Faith, Elyna] 15/15 & +3 fame; fame allotted to Ruq Qy'ihadi
96th A Royal Tragedy graded [Tristan Venora, Andraska Venora, Faith, Kingdom, Odessa Andaris, Padraig, Daliane Andaris, Sintih, Elyna, Rafael Warrick, Whisper] 15/15

ASHAN 717

16th-25th The Laws of Men and of the Heart solo; graded 10/10 & +8 fame; fame allotted to Earnest Freeman
21st-22nd Breaking and Taking solo; graded 10/10 & -7 fame; fame allotted to Iaan Krome
26th-34th [Warrick] Rough Waters solo; graded 10/10 & +5 fame; fame allotted to Earnest Freeman
94th-??? Tincture and Wounds Both Young and Old solo, odd jobs; ongoing --
96th Into the Woods [OPEN] odd jobs; ongoing [Ismene] --
105th [Treth] Performance or Lies ongoing [Tei'serin Nji'ryn] --
120th [Treth] Living and Dying ongoing [Tei'serin Nji'ryn] --

YMIDEN 717

1st-9th Between Worlds {Uleuda} solo; graded 10/10
4th-26th The Tortured One {Uleuda} solo; graded 10/10

SAUN 717

1st Alone {Uleuda} graded [Yanahalqah] 15/15
1st (later)-6th One Way {Uleuda} graded [Yanahalqah] 15/15 & +3 fame; fame allotted to Quio
7th [Bailey Peninsula] Deliverance I solo {coyote I}; graded 10/10
8th & 9th [Bailey Peninsula] Deliverance II solo {coyote II}; graded 10/10
13th [Foster's Bay] Interception moderated; graded [Maltruism] 20/20

ASHAN 718

85th And Then There Were None ongoing [Yanahalqah] --
122nd Welcome to the Roost ongoing [Nightshade Eld, Adruria, Yndira] --
Last edited by Quio on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 111 times in total.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Old Character
Note: The below post(s) are of Quio's original iteration, Kyo, who was created on another website. This is not part of his Standing Trials CS and as such is not necessary to be reviewed. This extra information has been uploaded here only in case there is need of it for future reference.

Kyo
Coyote
Appearance
Race-- Kelvic
Gender-- Male
Age; Birthdate-- 6 years old (appearing in his mid-to-late twenties); 3rd of Spring, 509 AV
Birthplace-- Unknown, somewhere within Sylira

Human:
Height-- 6' 2'' (187 cm)
Weight-- 170 lbs

Kyo's human form is that of a tall, young man with pale, reddish-brown hair that bleaches blond in the sun, a light smattering of freckles across his nose and shoulders, and crisp blue eyes. From the get-go this Kelvic's inhumanity is evident; it's clear as day that Kyo is not human, and the fact doesn't seem to bother him at all. With pale flesh that burns and freckles instead of tans, he's likely to be sporting at least some evidence of sunburn at all times in the warm seasons. His singular disregard for clothing most likely aids in this affliction, but Kyo is not likely to be found wearing anything more than he strictly has to. Utter nakedness is certainly preferred in both forms, though he has come to realize that the human-forms dislike such displays.

Scars, Injuries
Fall, 515 AV Kyo has gained an air of unhealthiness due to extensive travel. He is thin, his ribs and hip bones clearly showing. He's also scruffier; his hair growing out a little longer than usual. He has less energy than he used to, has more aches and pains, and his mind has been ravaged near as much as his body. There are minor scratches and wounds marking his face, feet, and face.
33rd of Fall, 515 AV Right eartip shot off by arrow.
41st of Fall, 515 AV Kicked in the head by a horse (concussion, brief amnesia).
41st of Fall, 515 AV - End of Season Remaining headaches from concussion, exacerbated by hard labor.
42nd of Fall, 515 AV A few nonconsequential (small) scratches and bites from a mink on his paw, leg, and face near the nose.
60th of Fall, 515 AV A few minor bite-marks (esp. one over the right elbow) from his sister-dog.
66th - 77th of Fall, 515 AV Bruising and soreness on face (head-butted by ram), ribs on right side (same, + punched), and foot (stomped on by ram), plus general soreness.
88th of Fall, 515 AV Intentional scar carved into the flesh of his chest on the left side over his heart, in the shape of a U for Ulric, though the U nearly curves fully into the shape of an O.

Winter, 515 AV Kyo is still too thin, and the bones are sharp in his face and hips and wrists. He's generally worn down with dark circles under his eyes and a slowness, a stiffness to his actions.
33rd of Winter, 515 AV (captured by pirates) Received a deep cut to the right cheek and a shallower nick to the right side of the neck by a knife that will end up scarring. He has some bruising and soreness from being hit and kicked. He received a lash to the back by a whip, which did not break the skin but which may temporarily leave a mark.
33rd - 66th of Winter, 515 AV (on the pirate ship) Kyo is becoming slowly more malnourished as he is fed little and refuses to eat, trying to lose weight so he might slip out between the bars of his cage. He's getting very unhealthy, weak and unsteady on his feet. He doesn't have much energy and has to take breaks to rest and catch his breath. He has been hit multiple times, namely in the stomach.

Human-Form Gallery
First Model, Justin Sterling (early to mid twenties)

Second Model, Richie Cotterell (late twenties -- ???)

[/font]
Coyote:
Height (at shoulder)-- 2' 4'' (or approximately 70 cm)
Length (of body)-- 3' 0'' (or approximately 91 cm)
Length (of tail)-- 1' 9'' (or approximately 53 cm)
Weight-- 50 lbs

As a coyote, Kyo is a bit larger than average, with a longer body, taller shoulders, and a particularly lengthy tail. He appears just as gawky in coyote form as in human, at his full growth but nevertheless retaining an almost adolescent awkwardness. In the summer months the Kelvic looks especially scrawny due to his thinner coat; in the fall and winter he tends to bulk up some, and gains a fuller appearance. The base color of his coat is the customary color of any coyote, a pale whitish-tan, which appears most clearly on his belly, chest, neck, and chin; his back appears darker in color, a brownish mix that will certainly grey with age. Streaks of red run the length of all four of his legs, plus the underside of his tail; the same bright color adorns the length of his snout and the backs of his fuzzy ears. The tip of his tail has been dipped in a darker, deeper shade of chocolate. A sharp black nose and curiously intelligent brown eyes finish the picture, as well as paws that still seem just a little bit too big for a canine of his frame.

Coyote-Form Gallery
[/font]
Character Concept
Personality:
Friendly--
The standout characteristic of Kyo's personality is his friendliness, his absolute adoration of all sorts of people. He is eager to help anyone in need for nothing in return, due to his Kelvic nature and the long, lonely times he spent far from civilization.

Curious--
Kyo is interested in all things human-form, though he still doesn't understand why people need so many things, or what those things are used for. Displays of skill or talent are particularly fascinating: though sometimes the things people do confound him, he has to admit that their practices are intriguing, and most of the time even useful!

Daring, or Foolhardy--
Despite having lived a long portion of his life in the wilds, this Kelvic retains a readiness to overlook or underestimate danger. Perhaps because he's never truly had to face dire consequences for his unwary actions, Kyo is likely to wander where he likes and do as he pleases... even if it means getting in serious trouble.

Naive--
Kyo hasn't been among people long enough to realize that there are good people and bad people, or a range of grey in between. Every person he meets is automatically a friend; the potential for betrayal and heartbreak is infinite. Most would probably consider him a simpleton for having such an inherent trust of others.

Lonely--
Within his soul is an emptiness that he didn't consciously recognize for a long, long time. He's beginning to understand what that emptiness is... and it leaves him lonely and frightened, sometimes to the point of illness. Kyo has become mentally and emotionally troubled, an aspect that he is unfit to deal with alone, and which may be his undoing.

Needy--
Because of his loneliness, Kyo is afraid to let people go. If someone near him is in trouble, he may respond negatively, too terrified of failing to know what to do. If there aren't many people around, his need to be near to others increases. He may try to physically attach himself to someone; to hold their hand, or give a hug, or sit too close. It's very difficult for him to control these urges when they come up; the terror and the loneliness are too great.

Behavior:
Kyo does not have many behavioral ticks. He tries to replicate the social constructs that he sees other people doing simply because he does not want to affront others' sensibilities (ex: he will wear clothes because he knows human-forms dislike bareness). He may come across as somewhat childlike, and indeed he does love kids. He's not above playing, or silliness in general.
History
Pre-Creation:
Kyo does not much remember his extreme youth. What he does remember is a boy. The boy he thinks of is small, though still much larger than himself. He remembers this boy running away and Kyo chasing and chasing and together them laughing. He remembers the boy's shining dark eyes, his black hair like the night sky, and his smile. Whenever he thinks of this friend, Kyo feels a burning-tight joy in his chest. And loss. For his boy is now gone from him.
--------

They are going someplace, him and his boy and the others, and Kyo is running and playing with the dogs. There is the shouting of humans in his ears, and the creaking of great big wheels, and the feel of the tall grasses against his face as he runs.

Then there is some noise, loud to hurt his ears like screaming and breaking. Some of the dogs are running one way, and some of the dogs are running into the trees, and Kyo is confused. He cannot see his boy through the foul burning and smoke. But the other dogs are rushing around him, and something tells him RUN, so he goes with the group that smells of fear because he doesn't want to be with the group that smells of rage and blood. From then there is a lot of running, and days passing, and hungry bellies and howling nights. Some of the dogs split up. Some of them die.

Eventually, Kyo leaves his group. Time has passed. He is old enough to be on his own. He is looking for something that the others don't seem to care about, and his wishes are dull in their understanding. He never sees them again.

Before he finds what he is looking for, he finds something else to keep: a mate. He finds his girl off by herself like him in the trees, and they go together because they are both alone. Then they are together always. They travel. Kyo is always going, never stopping. His feet hurt. His heart hurts. He calls out into the woods for something that isn't there. He doesn't know what he is calling for, though he thinks of a boy, his boy, lost and gone. Sometimes he can't eat, or drink, or sleep. Sometimes he catches a scent like humans and runs far, but his girl always stops him before he gets too close. Before he gets hurt. And then they go together and hunt together and sleep together, though they never have pups together...

...until they find the wild dog with her body shivering and shaking, and the quivering little doggy-pups nuzzling for her milk, even as she dies.

Kyo's girl wants to kill them, or leave them to be killed. But Kyo doesn't know why. He feels something for the pups that he doesn't need to understand. He decides that these are now his pups. And they could be his girl's pups, too. He gets her to raise them. But she doesn't like going near them. So he is the one that stays with them through the days and the nights and licks them clean and digs a burrow-den, and she is the one who hunts to feed them, but there is not enough food for all. Soon many are down to some, and more die until there is only one son and one daughter. These two are the strongest. The coyote pair brings them up until they can walk, and then when it is time to go the son and daughter come too. And they all run together for a while. Until Kyo's girl is killed, and then it is just him and the pups.

The pups get big. Bigger than him. They are now dogs, and they make Kyo remember running with the other dogs, and it makes him hurt and be sick because he remembers his boy and how he loved dogs and how he loved Kyo. He howls and cries out for that which he cannot find but it doesn't come to him, so he doesn't get better, only sicker. He is hungry and lost and lying in the grass and smelling the grass to feel at home, and he knows that he will not hunt for anything but what he needs to find, and what he needs is not mouse or bird or any small scampering, flying thing for his jaws but something else for that aching heart inside him that whines and whines like it is bleeding.

Soon all he can do is lie on the ground and pant and whimper. So his dogs kill deer for him so that he might eat. Before the lonely sickness, Kyo had taught his dogs to get the neck of the deer and hold on until the prey stops moving. But the strong dogs can get their teeth on the neck and rip it open for the blood to go spilling in the dirt. This blood Kyo can lap up and get strength from. The dogs will sometimes hunt other things, but deer are the best. The dogs are the best hunters for deer he has ever seen.

Kyo gets strong enough to go looking again. His dogs don't mind running with him. They like sniffing around with their coyote, who is now more young-brother to them than father or father-brother, as he had once been. Every strange scent makes him go into a flurry, running fast towards things his dogs tell him are bad to see. Strange animals. Strange things that are not animals. Everything strange is bad to them. Kyo doesn't care about bad. He will find what he is looking for. But his dogs, like his girl, stop him from sniffing out those animals that are like how he can be, those humans. His dogs don't care if he turns into his other one because they can scent that he is the same. But that form is not for this place. That form is easily hurt in the wilds, scratching its pale, hairless flesh on bushes and jamming its long toes on stones, and it is not good for Kyo to be looking with its bad eyes and ears and nose. Besides. Four swift paws are faster than two stomping feet.

The dogs follow Kyo, but their pack also follows the deer, and the pack is chased constantly away from territory and prime hunting by the wolves. They go on a long journey to find a better place with no wolves, and running makes Kyo think that he is getting closer to what he is looking for. Sometimes he goes back to being sick, and then his dogs are more his father and mother than sister and brother. He doesn't run with other coyotes again. He doesn't get another mate. Girls don't like coming near his big grown snarling dogs, and Kyo does not care. Kyo doesn't want another girl. He remembers his old mate, and he howls for her. But he is always the sickest when he thinks as far back as his mind will go. Back past his dogs and his girl, back past running with the other dogs in the wood. Back until he remembers the creaking of the great wheels and the feel of the grass and the shouts in the air, and how happy he had been playing with that boy that he has never stopped looking for.
History Continued
Post-Creation:
Kyo's memory of his youth is growing stronger with time. He now recalls that the boy he so fondly remembered, a Vantha by the name of Ulric Frostfawn, was his bondmate, and that as a pup he lived with Ulric's family up near Avanthal. Ulric's family became Kyo's family, his mother and father and siblings and others, but Ulric was the one he really loved, the one he was willing to do anything for. Kyo mostly remembers the happy times, choosing to think of those instead of the bad.

The bad that he remembers was very bad. On an ill-fated journey the family caravan was attacked, some slaughtered, most taken captive. Ulric was taken with them; Kyo managed to escape into the woods.

Not long after, a few years at most, Ulric was killed and the bond between boy and coyote was broken. The pain of it tore Kyo apart, causing him to live in permanent sickness at the separation from his boy, and eventually causing him to deny that Ulric had ever died. The coyote-part of him latched onto Ulric's last command, which had been to run, and so Kyo spent the years isolated in the forest with only his dogs for company, running and searching for one that was dead.

In Fall of 514 AV, Kyo came for the first time since Avanthal to a human city: Riverfall. He spent a little time in the city but his time there was unpleasant, marred by a strangeness that caused his mood to spoil. Eventually, fearing the effects of the city, he and his dogs left, hovering outside of the walls and waiting for the chance to return in peace.

That chance came in Spring of 515 AV, when the curse on the city was lifted and the bad-feelings were gone. Kyo returned, and became interested in helping at an orphanage, but unfortunately fate was to strike again. It seemed that Riverfall was plagued by weird happenings. First had been the curse of bad-feelings, and next came the doors.

The doors were something that Kyo could not make sense of, something unnatural to the wild world he had lived most of his life in. Magic. They had the ability to take someone to alternate dimensions, something the simple coyote did not understand. Eventually he realized how they worked, and he lost himself in them, as they presented illusions of his long-lost bondmate. The torture of searching, always searching for his boy became too much, and Kyo, heart-broken and half-mad, was forced to leave the city again in the late Summer of 515 AV, and this time he had no intention of ever returning.

Instead, he followed a tenuous trail, searching for something that he did not want to find: confirmation of his boy's death. A girl he had met in Riverfall had been to one of the doors with him, and could offer him the reality of what she had seen there: no boy, just magic. Though Kyo dreaded to illness the possibility that the one he loved might be dead, he pursued the girl's trail across the Sea of Grass to the tent-city of Endrykas, arriving there just as Fall began.

When he finally reached Endrykas, however, he was weak from travel and malnourishment and anguish. Too weak, he argued, to search out the girl and settle things once and for all. He allowed himself to recover, slowly adopting his ways to those of the Drykas people, even finding his first-ever job at a place called the Pride. He was too afraid, now that he was near to his goal, to approach the girl and ask her whether or not she had seen his boy.

As the season wore on, his resolution that his boy was alive and waiting for him wore down as his denial grew faint. He had nightmares about losing his boy, and once a dream (*see spoiler below) given by eating the bittersweet fruit of a strange tree, but dreams were not enough. Finally he realized, with the coming of the Winter snow, that his boy was truly dead. Waiting to die from the hurt of loss, even wanting it, he fell back into sickness.
Dream
"The coyote was not graced with the sight of the goddess, but a warmth encased him like the embrace of an old friend, warming him to the bone, a caress that felt so full of love and affection it felt as if nothing else might ever compare. The fruit stole away all his woes for a time, replenishing his health and offering a boost of energy that made him feel as if he could run all night. But run he would not, for that night he dreamt the sweetest dream, a dream of his boy. So real it seemed as if he had never suffered the hurt of the past or known loss like he knew now, and in those sweet, fleeting, blissful seconds before he woke, Ulric put his arms around the coyote in the same warm embrace and told him that he would always watch over him."
-- from the thread Caiyha's Tears

Mainly due to the care of his dogs and the people of Endrykas, he managed to pull himself together, but the him that now existed was no longer complete. He no longer had the lie to rely on, the lie of his boy's survival, to give his barren life some meaning. He was confused. He wandered the cold of the Winter and exposed himself to more risk than necessary: to the snow and the elements and to the bite of a knife when he carved, with help, a symbol of Ulric deep into his chest.

He was lost. At the start of Winter, 515 AV, a kind man name Dravite Blackwater invited Kyo to live in his pavilion, offering him a new purpose and a home. Kyo agreed, and began to seek a new life, if one that was dull and empty, searching for a place --for reason-- amongst the Drykas people.
Knowledge, Skill Points, & Equipment

CLOTHING

Clothing maybe-likely to be worn:
  • Simple, tan cotton tunic (falling to just above the knee, with loose quarter-sleeves and a very loose neckline)
  • Simple, brown cotton pants (loose-fitting)
Other clothing:
  • Typical undergarments
  • Pair of sturdy, old brown boots
  • Simple leather belt
  • Dark brown wool cloak (hooded)

EQUIPMENT

• Waterskin
  • Brown leather backpack containing:
    • Comb
    • Brush
    • Razor
    • Bar of soap
    • 1 week's worth of food
    • Eating knife
    • Flint & Steel
  • Heirloom (unknown)

LEDGER

ITEM PRICE TOTAL
starting gold +100.0.0 100.0.0
2 Akinva Deerstalkers (1 male, 1 female) -40.0.0 60.0.0
RF grab bag donation -10.0.0 50.0.0
cash-in Riverfall housing +500.0.0 550.0.0
common living expense Fall 514 AV -135.0.0 415.0.0
poor living expense Winter 514 AV -45.0.0 370.0.0
season's rent Spring 515 AV -18.2.0 351.8.0
common living expense Spring 515 AV -135.0.0 216.8.0
common living expense Summer 515 AV -135.0.0 81.8.0
1 Dynakuva Painted Desert Dog -20.0.0 61.8.0
poor living expense Fall 515 AV -45.0.0 16.8.0
money to Merevaika for Tachi-Sky -11.1.0 5.7.0
[/color]

HOUSING

Kyo typically doesn't keep what would usually be called 'permanent' housing. However, he does keep several caches of 'things' he's found throughout the years near to human settlements (human coins and bits of clothing), especially within the Syliras/Cyphrus regions. He prefers to hide these treasures (which link him to the human world he yearns to be a part of) under rocks, in streams, in old logs, or caves, or other, small crannies that only he and his dogs know of.

A traveler at heart and always searching, Kyo usually just sleeps wherever it is he falls: perhaps tucked into a patch of tall grass, or at the base of a tree, or curled by the side of some new friend he's met. In the warm, dry seasons, he likes to sleep outside underneath the stars. His dogs prefer to be near him at night.

From Fall 1st to Fall 60th 514 AV, Kyo stayed inside the gates of Riverfall due to strange happenings that affected his lifestyle and choices. He managed to get together a residence at the Atri's Place near the Land Gates
--400 sq ft which he'd taken to sharing with his dogs. After the 60th, Kyo sold his house and disappeared from Riverfall back into the wilds, where he stayed for the rest of the Fall and the whole of Winter 514 AV. It was a difficult time to live outside the gates.

In Spring 515 AV, Kyo once again returned to the city, scruffy and in poorer condition than he had been before. Tiredly, he took money and used it to rent a small, decently-accommodated room at the Kulkukan Tavern and Inn, not that the quality of the room made any real difference to the coyote. Though he seemed weaker and perhaps a little ill or wounded, Kyo was happy to be back amongst people again.

In late Summer 515 AV, Kyo left Riverfall for the tent city of Endrykas. There he found a temporary home in the tent of one of the Drykas, Ruari Darkwind, where he slept and recovered from what had been a long and arduous journey.

At the end of Fall 515 AV, nearing the beginning of Winter, Kyo transferred his residence in Endrykas to the Blackwater pavilion, staying with new friends and hoping to find his place in a new life among the Drykas.

SKILLS

*SP= Starting Package.
*RB = Racial Bonus.

IMAGE SKILL POINTS RANK TOTAL
Image Observation +3, +3, +4, +3, +1, +4, +3, +1, +5, +5, +4, +5, +2, +5 Competent 48
Image Unarmed Combat 30 (SP), +1, +1, +1, +1 Competent 34
Image Hunting 10 (RB), 10 (SP), +1, +2, +1, +2, +3 Competent 29
Image Endurance +1, +1, +1, +1, +3, +2, +3, +2, +2, +2, +1, +5 Novice 24
Image Running +1, +1, +1, +1, +2, +3, +1, +1, +1, +3, +1, +1 Novice 17
Image Socialization +1, +2, +2, +1, +4, +5, +2 Novice 17
Image Logic +2, +2, +1, +2, +2, +3, +2, +1, +1 Novice 16
Image Animal Husbandry +3, +3, +1, +1, +5, +2 Novice 15
Image Tracking 10 (SP), +1, +1, +1 Novice 13
Image Rhetoric +1, +2, +5, +1, +2 Novice 11
Image Bodybuilding +1, +3, +1, +1, +1 Novice 7
Image Planning +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +2 Novice 7
Image Wilderness Survival: Plains +1, +2, +1, +1, +1 Novice 6
Image Leadership +1, +1, +2 Novice 4
Image Intimidation +1, +1, +1 Novice 3
Image Investigation +1, +2 Novice 3
Image Philosophy +3 Novice 3
Image Stealth +1, +1, +1 Novice 3
Image Tactics +1, +1, +1 Novice 3
Image Wrestling +2, +1 Novice 3
Image Climbing +1, +1 Novice 2
Image Interrogation +2 Novice 2
Image Acrobatics +1 Novice 1
Image Acting +1 Novice 1
Image Construction +1 Novice 1
Image Grooming +1 Novice 1
Image Intelligence +1 Novice 1
Image Land Navigation +1 Novice 1
Image Meditation +1 Novice 1
Image Negotiation +1 Novice 1
Image Persuasion +1 Novice 1
Image Riding +1 Novice 1
Image Scouting +1 Novice 1
Image Tattooing +1 Novice 1
Image Teaching +1 Novice 1[/color]
LANGUAGES:
Fluent at canine body language. As a coyote, this comes naturally to Kyo.

Basic at Vani. He can carry a conversation and knows several Vani descriptors. This is a language he grew up with, and is considered his first language.

Poor-to-Basic at Common. He's a quick learner, and he already understands Common, for the most part. He's able to hack and string words together, and is slowly becoming more proficient. Kyo also grew up with Common, but Common is considered a second language.

Poor at Pavi. Kyo is currently learning Pavi and has a teacher, but will likely pick up the spoken word much quicker than grassland signs. The signs he does know are simple and emotional, or have to do with the most basic of communication (i.e. signs like yes, no, thank you, friend, etc.) or simple nouns (i.e. horse).

Poor at Tukant. He hardly knows any of it at all. Perhaps a few words or phrases.

[/tab]

LORE

ORIGINAL LORE:
Lore of Vantha culture.
Lore of human body language.

RECEIVED LORE:
Emotions and Experiences--
Sensation of Fear-Running
Running Through Human Obstacles

Grief: Demands pain
Inner vs. Outer Scars
Accepting death, or at least suffering
Self-harming for the memory of the lost boy

The sting of a knife's blade

Events--
Event: Caiyha's Tears
Kyo: Taken by pirates [Laviku's Plunder Seasonal Event]

Fauna--
Dynakuva Painted Desert Dog: Herders
Puppies need to be watched quite closely

Ram: A male sheep
Sheep can be stubborn creatures

Ravok Bloodbane: Unknown predatory horse

Signs of a tired herd animal
Animals often sense danger before humans

Gods and Religion--
Caiyha: The First Witch
A prayer for Caiyha

Locations--
Endrykas: The City of Tents
Endrykas: Herds of livestock that stretch as far as the eye can see
Endrykas Winters are cold
Endrykas: The Heart Fire
Rumours spread like wildfire in Endrykas
Endrykas: Always smells like smoke
Ankal: A leader in the tent city

The Sea of Grass: Wide open grasslands with many hidden dangers
The Sea of Grass: A rich food source
Always something ready to take your meal from you in the Sea of Grass

Brig: A ship's hold

NPC's--
Andre Sunshadow: A man worth impressing
Sunshadow: The trickster

Brother: Follows orders better than sister

Lightning: Stabbed and shot dead?

Mack The Captain of Laviku’s Plunder

Merram: Ramsay's granddaughter

Pack: Lazy and wayward
Pack: Knows where to score an easy meal
Pack: Loves to be around people
Pack: Is a herding dog
Thunder and Lightning: Pack's parents

Ramsay: A happy individual
Ramsay: Twice married

Sister: The smart one
Sister: The real ringleader
Sister: Trust issues

Sky: A bonded Strider

Ulric: Loved Kyo
Ulric: A bond Kyo will never forget
Ulric: Is dead

PC's (and Related)--
Dravite: Understands the importance of bonds
Dravite: Father of Löwe
Dravite: Kind, generous
Löwe: A new boy?
The Blackwater Pavilion: A new family?

Kaitanu: Horse Kelvic and friend
Kaitanu: The submissive white horse skin shifter

Merevaika: A bully

Ruari: A look of shock
Ruari: Drykas
Ruari: A kind stranger
A home with Ruari

Ssianya: Another Half-Snake

Voss: Not Blue-Man, Not Snake

Yra: Incredible Beauty

Personal--
Kyo: What it feels like to starve
Kyo: Part of the pack
Kyo: Using basic Pavi words
Kyo: A long distance runner not a sprinter
Kyo: Doing what’s best for Pack
Kyo: Remembering Ulric
Kyo: The cut
Kyo: Would never make a slave of an animal
Kyo: Scared of horses
Winter: Kyo's favorite season

Races--
(Drykas) Emerald Clan: Infamous Hunters under a banner of green
Pavi: A language spoken by the Drykas
Pavi: A sign-language
Pavi: A quick spoken language
Pavi: The tent-language
Pavi: Learning to use basic sign-language
Pavi: Communicating with hand signs

Ethaefal: A race with more than one form

Iyvess: Name for the Half-Snake People

Kelvics: Cannot Half-Transform
Horse Kelvics like to bob their heads

Skills--
Acting: Using body-language to communicate

Animal Husbandry: Training a dog to come to your call
Animal Husbandry: Herding calls
Dogs: The basics in caring for a dog
Herding: Driving, rounding up, and keeping animals in an area
Animal Husbandry: Teaching a pack of dogs to listen
Animal Husbandry: Reinstating dominance

Endurance: Fighting intense pain

Hunting: Grassland cows
Humans and their hunting tools

Intimidation: Bared teeth

Logic: Choosing a lone, weak target

Observation: Gathering storm clouds
Observation: Calm before the storm
Observation: The smell of the sea
Observation: The sound of clashing weapons

Planning: Working together as a pack

Skinning: Definition

Teaching: Whistling

Tracking: Following a deer trail

Wilderness Survival: Keeping hot air in a tent during snow
[/tabmenu]
Companions
Permanent--

BROTHER

Breed-- Akinva Deerstalker
Gender-- Male
Birth Season-- mid-Fall 511 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Large/2' 8'' (or 81 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 140 lbs (full-grown weight)
Coat-type-- Short-haired, smooth

Personality-- Brother is the more laid-back of Kyo's two companions. He's more likely to stick to Kyo's side no matter what the coyote has gotten into or where he's gone. Brother is also the one who has more readily adopted Kyo's curious nature and approach to life, giving him a certain sense of humor and willingness to accept new playmates and packmates.

Scars and Injuries--
66th of Fall, 515 AV Bashed by a ram in the right hind leg. Brother needs urgent medical care (for his leg) or he won't recover.

SISTER

Breed-- Akinva Deerstalker
Gender-- Female
Birth Season-- mid-Fall 511 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Large/2' 5'' (or 74 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 130 lbs (full-grown weight)

Personality-- Sister is the dog a stranger needs to watch out for. If she feels threatened, whether or not the threat is intentional, she's likely to try to show you who's boss. Boss, actually, would be an accurate name for this female. She's highly protective of both her brother and Kyo, and while she's not as likely to follow them both into the lion's den, she'll certainly kick the lion's ass if she thinks it's time to get them back. Generally unfriendly to strangers and much more cautious than the other two, Sister has spent most of her short life being the mature one, and keeping Kyo out of trouble.

PACK

Breed-- Dynakuva Painted Desert Dog
Gender-- Male
Birth Season-- Summer 515 AV; Full-grown in Spring 516 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Medium/2' (or 60 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 50 lbs (full-grown weight)

Personality-- Pack is as Pack does... meaning that Pack mostly does what he wants. Coming from the Drykas world, Pack is accustomed to being around people and he loves attention. Perhaps due to growing up in such a busy place, however, he has a rather short attention span. He, like Kyo, has little fear of consequences, though unlike Kyo he continue to have an invincibility complex. When he's not interested in something he can be quite lazy, but ultimately he is good company, if sometimes a little frustrating. Pack takes after his mother, a Drykas-bred Dynakuva called Lightning, in his quickness and athleticism, his personality, and also in looks. As of yet he has not shown many of the characteristics of his father, Thunder, except an inheritance of his talented, sharp ears.

TACHI-SKY

Breed-- Cyphrus Strider
Gender-- Female, Mare
Birth Season-- Unknown, 511 AV
Height (at shoulder)-- 14 hh (or 4' 8"; 142 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 1000 lbs (full-grown weight)
Coat-type-- Short-haired, Smooth
Abilities-- Connected to the Drykas web and people. While in the Sea of Grass, Sky can travel at twice the normal speed of an average horse, reaching up to 60 mph (97 kph); she will only reach these speeds for someone she likes or trusts. Being a Strider, she is bonded to someone in which she finds worth; Kyo is her chosen. Sky is luminescent in the dark.

Personality-- Sky is a feisty horse, wild and likely to stay that way. She came into Merevaika's care afraid of dogs, men, and anything above eye level; so naturally she picked Kyo, a tall canine-man, as her chosen bonded. With some training, she will have learned to accept human touch and grooming, the feel of a yvas or rope on her back. She'd respond to basic commands. She trusts Merevaika, her main trainer, much more than most people, though still not completely.

The bond between Sky and Kyo is like that between the weight of the sky on the ground; it's a certain gravity that makes them want to look at each other, or perhaps even be near. Sky is grounding to Kyo, she helps him deal with the loss of his bondmate, even though the new responsibility frightens him. But that doesn't mean Sky trusts Kyo just yet. Still, there is potential there.

Kyo has looked into Sky and seen that potential. He sees an animal that will never be completely tamed, a pridefulness or even regality in her bearing, a curiousness and wicked playfulness, stubborness, freedom, and eventually happiness. She's the sort of horse that will kick or nip her bonded for a good laugh, and play games trying to buck him off her back. But she's also the type to learn to be loyal to only the few who earn it.
Sea of Grass Dogs--

PUPPIES

Breed-- Mixed Blood (Akinva Deerstalker, Imperial Watcher, Other)
Gender-- 6 Male, 3 Female
Birthdate-- 47th of Spring, 516 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Large/ranging from 2' 4'' to 2' 8" (or 71 cm to 81 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- ranging from 110 lbs to 130 lbs each (full-grown weight)
Puppies
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Drykas--

RAMSAY PLAINSEER

Race-- Human, Drykas
Gender-- Male
Birthdate-- 13th of Spring, 468 AV
Birthplace-- Endrykas
Height-- 6' 6" (198 cm)
Weight-- 240 lbs
Skills-- Animal Husbandry 90, Weapon: Lariat 60, Tracking 60, Land Navigation 50, Wilderness Survival: Plains 45, Wrestling 40, Riding 40, Medicine 25, Horsemanship 25

Personality-- Ramsay is a good friend to Kyo, and gave him his first job in Endrykas as a herder/animal handler at the Pride. Ramsay is a dog breeder and shepherd, specializing in the breeding and training of Dynakuva herding dogs, though he dabbles in the training of light horses as well. He is a master at his craft, and was the breeder who gave Kyo his Dynakuva Desert Dog named Pack. Perhaps Kyo's first Drykas friend in the tent-city, Ramsay is kind and expressive, suited to adopting in newcomers and strays. Always smiling or laughing, he has a sense of humor as tall as he is, and a heart twice as large.
UPDATE FALL 515: At the end of Fall 515 AV, Ramsay prayed to Caiyha for children of his own but was disappointed and remains impotent. Due to this and some troubles at work concerning an adversary of Ramsay's named Andre Sunshadow, Ramsay has been unhappier of late, smiling less and showing a dark temper, esp. concerning Sunshadow.

Within the Drykas community, especially the Emerald Clan of which he belongs, Ramsay is a polarizing figure, due to his sexual impotence. Because he is a close acquaintance of the Earthshadow pavilion and holds a position of importance at the Pride, most of the Emerald clan accepts Ramsay and in general he is well-liked. However, some say that a man unable to father his own sons will never be an asset to the Drykas community, and so, too, does he have his enemies-- though as of yet they have failed to undermine him in any significant way. Ramsay currently has two wives, Aida of the Crystalstrong Amethyst and Cerise of the Deepglow Diamond, and has played the role of father to more than fifteen productive Drykas children. Aida and Cerise aid Ramsay in every way they can, and are fiercely loyal; Aida manages the business side of pup-rearing, and Cerise maintains order within and political relations to the rest of the pavilion and Clan.

Ramsay and Kyo often work together, and it was Ramsay who introduced Kyo to herding.
Other--
Ramsay's little lambs (grandchildren) (by age):

Marcol
Race-- Human, Drykas
Gender-- Male
Birthdate-- 12th of Winter, 501 AV
Other-- Marcol is keen to follow Ramsay into what he considers to be the 'family business': breeding and training herding dogs. Despite being a teen boy nearing manhood, Marcol is currently more interested in business rather than fun or girls, and that seriousness tends to show in his personality. Marcol can be a bit of a grump and, when provoked, quite competitive and prone to fighting. He's almost always frowning, thinking it makes him look more mature; he tolerates Kyo as a friend of Ramsay's, but doesn't think much of him either as a human or coyote, preferring a neutral relationship.

Merram
Race-- Human, Drykas
Gender-- Female
Birthdate-- 29th of Spring, 508 AV
Other-- Merram has always been small for her age and likes playing with straw dolls that she makes herself out of grass. She is friendly towards strangers and forms connections easily, despite being an only child. She likes Kyo in both human and coyote form, but prefers him as a human playmate.

Ryun (pronounced REE-yoon)
Race-- Human, Drykas
Gender-- Female
Birthdate-- 87th of Fall, 512 AV
Other-- Ryun is still young yet, but tends to be shy towards people she doesn't know well. She is very clingy to her mother and Ramsay; when she's not with one she's usually with the other. Ryun likes to suck on her knuckles and is the youngest of four children. She will typically only recognize Kyo as a coyote, not trusting him as a human.

LIGHTNING

Gender-- Female
Birth Season-- Summer 512 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Medium/2' 3'' (or 69 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 45 lbs (full-grown weight)

Personality-- Lightning is one of Ramsay Plainseer's breeding/herding Dynakuvas, and has become one of his favorite dogs because she has a great personality and huge intelligence. Lightning is very very smart, with clever hazel eyes and a dark, sleek shape. Though a little smaller than most breeders, Lightning makes up for it with her personality and talent. She has a great sense of humor, much like her master's, but remains proactive and takes much pride in her work.

Lightning is quick on her feet and talented at herding, maybe one of the most naturally talented of Ramsay's dogs. She can be an intimidating figure, and acts as a matron on the herding field, teaching pups and newcomers to the best of her ability. She is not afraid of confronting those who slack off or show ineptitude.

This she-dog has a rather teasing air towards Kyo, and often accompanies him while herding outside the city limits, and sometimes acts as as guardian and Ramsay's emissary for Kyo within Endrykas proper. She is Kyo's herding teacher, and a brilliant, beautiful friend, as well as Pack's birth mother.

THUNDER

Gender-- Male
Birth Season-- Summer 508 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Medium/2' 8" (or 81 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 65 lbs (full-grown weight)

Personality-- Thunder is Ramsay's prize male Dynakuva, and as such holds the highest position within the mobile hierarchy of Ramsay's herding pack. As such, he has a tough attitude, and is not one to take slights lightly, from human or canine. Thunder has almost no sense of humor when it comes to outsiders, and is highly competitive, vain, and proud. He knows he is special, and he knows he is the best breeder. With a oddly-patterned coat, more white than gold than black, Thunder is a perfect example of Ramsay's signature coloring.

Thunder has never liked Kyo, and tolerates him only because Ramsay has taken him in. He dislikes Kyo's relationship with Lightning, who is one of Thunder's breeding mates. He likely feels a sort of competition with Kyo, rather than camaraderie. He is a large and strong, handsome dog, and excels at all sorts of herding and showmanship. His greatest asset, however, are his ears, which are probably the sharpest ever bred by Ramsay. Thunder is Pack's birth father, though he had no part in his raising.

ANDRE SUNSHADOW

Race-- Human, Drykas
Gender-- Male
Birthdate-- 73rd of Fall, 496 AV
Birthplace-- Endrykas
Height-- 5' 11" (180 cm)
Weight-- 180 lbs
Skills-- Riding 60, Animal Husbandry 50, Weapon: Spear 40, Wilderness Survival: Plains 25, Wrestling 20, Land Navigation: 15, Medicine 10, Herbalism 10, Botany 10

Personality-- Andre Sunshadow is a stormy young man, good to his friends but prone to foul moods and bursts of creative temper. He is incredibly resilient, hard-working, and opportunistic, and believes that if he wants something he will always be able to figure out a way to get it. He's willing to deal with people he doesn't like but will let his dislike be shown; his most astringent and long-lasting grudge is against Ramsay Plainseer, a man whom was once like a second father to him and whom he now wishes to overcome through any means, even sabotage.

Andre blames Ramsay for the accidental death of his father, who was crushed by a herd of wild Striders out in the Sea of Grass on one of their animal-collection runs. Ramsay refused to accept the blame and his quiet consolations enraged the young, grieving man. Ever since that day, Andre has vowed to be the most skilled animal handler in Endrykas, wishing to unseat Ramsay as one of the best in his profession.

Sunshadow sees Kyo as a viable target for his revenge, as he knows that he cannot attack Ramsay directly. He sees Kyo as one of Ramsay's working assets that he wants to either steal or destroy, and knows that the Drykas community would not care if he harmed or even killed an outsider. As Andre has come to know more about Kyo, he's begun to dislike him almost as much as Ramsay, considering Kyo's presence to be aggravating, even taunting in a way.
Drykas Continued--

TULSA DESERTBLOOD

Race-- Human (Benshira), Drykas (not bonded to a Strider)
Gender-- Female
Birthdate-- 66th of Winter, 492 AV
Birthplace-- the Burning Lands of Eyktol
Height-- 5' 2" (157 cm)
Weight-- 115 lbs
Skills-- Weaving 60, Sewing 40, Trapping 35, Weapon: Slingshot 30, Riding 25, Pottery 25, Wilderness Survival: Plains 20, Wilderness Survival: Desert 20, Carving 15, Singing 10, Animal Husbandry 10

History-- Tulsa (formerly called Aleyah, from the tents of Yasir, of the sons of Aysaw the determined) was married to a Drykas man named Leshi Carverhund at 14 years of age when her Benshiran family was forced to flee Eyktol due to her father's selfish business practices.

Tulsa's father and her husband Leshi were of like mind, each determined to earn their fortune, sometimes to the detriment of their families; Leshi, however, had a somewhat softer heart and preferred honing his craft through his own toil, rather than solely harnessing and organizing others' skills as Tulsa's father was prone to do. Once they met, the two men became swift friends and ties between their families were created, the nomadic, aloof Carverhund pavilion similar in many ways to the tent-traveling lifestyle of the Benshira.

Throughout her marriage, Tulsa was loyal to her husband in all things, and traveled with him and a few other traders upon the Sea of Grass, doing business from city to city. Leshi rarely returned to his home city of Endrykas, tending to ignore the typical patriarchy of pavilion and Ankal; instead he focused on growing his own business and sending a penance of money home to make up for his absence. His dream was to make his carvings well-known throughout the Mizaharan land.

It was in the Summer of 513 AV that everything went downhill. The Drykas had recently suffered great losses in their community, and any and all able men were to go out to collect foreign brides and children to be integrated into the Drykas society. Leshi and Tulsa were ordered by their head of pavilion to join in the efforts, acting as guides to help escort the many women and children gathered in camps from the border of Cyphrus to Endrykas. Leshi, however, had large orders for carvings to fill and chose to once more ignore his Ankal's orders.

The next time he returned to Endrykas in the Fall of 515 AV, he was met with outrage at having betrayed the Drykas people, though he did not see his devotion to his business as a betrayal. Despite that, he was stripped of the name Carverhund --renamed Deserter, or Desertblood by the scathing community-- and banished from his pavilion. Angry and hoping to prove himself again to his people, Leshi took part in the glassbeak hunts that season even though he was not a particularly skilled warrior. He was one of three men killed by the glassbeaks, while many others were wounded.

After that, Tulsa and her young son, Lalo, were left to fend for themselves in a Drykas community that scorned them. Friendless and unwanted, neither of them bonded to a Strider, Tulsa and Lalo slowly sank into poverty.

Personality-- Tulsa is a woman who clings to her faith but who has had far too hard a life of late. She suffers from a fractured personality, a woman split three ways: into bouts of anger and loss of control; into guilt and love and hope of redemption; into deep and formless depression. Her son Lalo tends to bear the brunt of her emotions, from time to time going through negligence and even physical abuse. Tulsa, despite her problems, greatly loves Lalo and Lalo loves Tulsa. In such an unforgiving world, they only have each other.

Tulsa's faith in Yahal alternates from derision to devotion, much as her mentality switches between extremes. She has difficulty making friends and connections in the Drykas community due to her reputation as a blood-deserter and crazy woman. She believes that she is cursed, having been abandoned by a father (who abandoned his people) and by a deceased husband (who also abandoned his). Because of her subsequent fear of abandonment, she tends to cling too tightly to people too soon (as with Kyo) and can be quite demanding at times. Most Drykas who do not hate her pity her.

Tulsa's first language is Shiber, followed by Common and Pavi.

LALO DESERTBLOOD

Race-- Human (Mixed), Drykas (not bonded to a Strider)
Gender-- Male
Birthdate-- 54th of Summer, 512 AV
Birthplace-- the Sea of Grass in Cyphrus
Height-- 2' 10" (86 cm)
Weight-- 25 lbs
Skills-- Animal Husbandry 10, Unarmed Combat 10, Wilderness Survival: Plains 10, Singing 5

Personality-- Lalo is small and scrappy for his age, due to being malnourished for some of his life. He is an agreeable child once he knows someone but has trouble trusting adults, especially men, and other children. He's afraid of being near other kids having been subject to mistreatment and bullying in the past, and tends to close off when kids try to get too near to him. As he grows into an older child he'll become a fighter, choosing to show his strength rather than use his words.

Lalo has had a hard life and shows some evidence of abuse in the scars marking his little arms and legs. Though his mother tries to take care of him he has learned that he needs to watch out for himself. He's extremely attached to his dog playmate and guardian Watcher, and will typically only act more sociable if the dog is around. Having lived in a pavilion that travels outside the outskirts of the Drykas city, he has learned to be quiet even when he is hurting. When he cries, he does so as quietly as he can.

Mainly Lalo tries to be small and unnoticed. Due to his parentage, however, he has difficulty with it; it seems everyone (especially the neighboring children) knows him and dislikes him.

WATCHER

Breed-- Mixed Blood (Imperial Watcher, Other)
Gender-- Male
Birth Season-- Spring 512 AV
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- Huge/3' 0'' (or 91 cm) (full-grown height)
Weight-- 160 lbs (full-grown weight)

Personality-- Watcher is incredibly protective of both Tulsa and Lalo, but his protectiveness of Lalo is especially obsessive. The dog is hardly known to leave earshot of the boy that he was years ago purchased to defend; the only time he does leave Lalo's side is to investigate something that might be a threat or to try to find food.

Watcher is ready, always, to leap snarling in front of danger. He is the definition of a guardian. He's the shield between a small boy and the angry world; not only that, but he acts as a nanny and playmate and even as a mother to a child that has not had very many reliable people around to look after him.

Towards strangers and things unknown Watcher will show only distrust and dislike; the one exception is for young children. Watcher, while still wary of new people, would never hurt a child.
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage

Return to “Character Sheets”