• Graded • [Global Plot 717] In U'frek's Name

Kali'ria, Arlo, Pash

121st of Vhalar 717

Old IC threads, abandoned or otherwise can be located within.
Kali'rial
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter for Cally's (Expert)
Renown: 167
Character Sheet
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Global Plot 717] In U'frek's Name

121st Vhalar, 717

“Oh Sarkis.” Kali sighed as the blinding light engulfed the canine and Emmaline, searing everyone’s vision white before fading to leave a healed young soldier and to the others simply a shell where the wolf had been. The huntress could see him though, a wisp of faded blue, his legs just fading into ethereal smoke. Never had she seen him like this, and it worried the Sev’ryn for a moment. The sapped creature whined softly, but he would be ok.

As Emmaline put her hand on the southerners arm, she smiled and put her hand over the top with a nod. No other words were needed. Collecting the shell and tucking it in her medicine pouch, Kali stood and turned her tawny gaze angry. The intruder was now quite firmly marked as fair game now, evil and dangerous. If the huntress crossed her again, she would not hesitate to take the kill. Taking a deep breath, the Sev’ryn calmed the flames of rage before turning her attention to the snoring Schubert on the ground.

“Stay safe Schubert, I’m sure we’ll meet again.” She said softly, before following her companions into the next room to be greeted by a much fancier looking Schubert. Again, he couldn’t help unless they asked. He was the rules.

He was the rules.

As Arlo immediately began to work on the first puzzle and Pash to the second, Kali moved to the fourth. She had read it with the others, and at first it confused her, until she realised that potentially the last coin remaining would be Faldrun’s. From there, it was a simple matter of mathematics to confirm how many coins Good needed to take in the first turn to leave Evil without a leg to stand on. Closing her eyes, the Sev’ryn counted the scenarios in her head, before finally figuring it out.

“Four. Good needs to take four initially, then no matter how many of the five Evil can take after that, Good will always be able make it so Evil must pick up the last coin.” As she spoke, Kali’rial turned around to look at Schubert.

“Schubert, can you help us? Can you take us directly to the end of these trials to get ahead of the other groups?” It didn’t hurt to ask, he did say he was the rules. If he couldn’t, then he couldn’t. Simple. Beside the huntress, the ghostly form of Sarkis lay still, eyes closed. When she walked, he walked, when she stopped, he slept.
word count: 433
Common | Xanthean
[album]10861[/album]
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

The Third Puzzle!
I
t took teamwork and a lot of it, but the four of them made their way through the third puzzle.

Secret Objective Unlocked: "The Silence Within" unlocked. Arlo will receive an additional reward at the end.

The final door.
And there, in front of them was the final door. It was strange, because it was small and at the end of a corridor where they would be forced to touch shoulders were they to try and stand side by side, it was so narrow. Yet each of them saw it right there in front of them. Each of them reached out their hands at the same moment and, each of them touched the door at the same time.

And then?

Well, then, each of them were through. To the next step
word count: 134
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

The Review
Well, you guys, I hope you enjoyed this thread! I certainly did ~ you each played your part admirably and there are so many examples of just excellent RP in here, it's awesome. Thanks for taking part, enjoy the rewards! As always, drop me a pm if you have any questions / comments or concerns!
Pash

Overview

I love Pash - such a well written character! I laughed when he was unconcerned about being naked, I had really clear images of him rummaging in Yana's tangle and I love how earnestly he does his very, very best to protect everyone. He's definitely multi-layered as a pc, and I really enjoy how you write him.

XP: 20 (MAY be used for Domain magic: Empathy)
Fame: +20

Loot

U'frek's Shell. A small shell gifted to you by U'frek as a memento of the time you aided him. It's used it's power, but keeps a slight glow to it.
Schubert's Statue: A small, masterwork statue of Pash.
Pash's Book of Dreams: A small book which has in it images from your dreams. Also, the image from the puzzle in the picture frame you solved. Congratulations! For your part in this thread, Pash has been marked by U'frek. The blessing of Koriel is evident when you wake. You have the first three abilities, namely:
Ability Name Ability Description
Four Pointed Star (Minor) Activation of this skill will cause a silvery aurora to rise from the user upward to the sky. This will highlight certain stars in the sky that appoint the directions of a compass. This will only work at night time.
Wave Crash (Minor) This ability allows the user to summon a 15' (4.6m) wave in one direction and can choose the time the wave crashes. The user must rest for a few trials afterward before attempting to use the ability again. At Adored, this ability can create a wave as high as 25' (7.7m) and at Exalted, 100' (30m).
Seafarer Skills I Add an extra three skill points to one of the following skills: Navigation, Seafaring, Swimming or Ship Building.
Please add this information to your CS. Well played!

Knowledge

Detection: Scouting out a new area
Discipline: Enforced silence is hard
Discipline: Not drawing weapons when nervous
Empathy: Working with complex tangles
Empathy: Digging deeply into an enemy tangle
Empathy: Being inside a tangle when someone disappears
Etiquette: What's wrong with being naked in company!?
Investigation: Casual questioning to ensure validity
Investigation: Know thy enemy
Investigation: Solving logic puzzles
Leadership: Offering to go first to protect injured colleagues
Leadership: Identify the strengths of your team
Medicine: Considering all your options in a second
Strength: Fighting resistance
Tactics: Working together as a team.
Tactics: Planning your movements
Immortal: Cassion
NPC: Schubert
NPC: Emmaline
PC: Yana
Arlo

Overview

Well that was a rollercoaster for poor old Arlo! Lots going on there and I loved how eager he is to solve the puzzles and riddles. His devotion to Cassion is really well written and his thought process is great! I very much enjoy your writing ~ but don't think I didn't notice the redhead comment!

XP: 20

Loot

U'frek's Shell. A small shell gifted to you by U'frek as a memento of the time you aided him. It's used it's power, but keeps a slight glow to it.
Schubert's Statue: Although yours was used up, in your belongings when you get back you find a small, masterwork statue of Schubert. He's smiling and giving you a thumbs up.
Arlo's Book of Dreams: A small book which has in it images from your dreams. Also, the images from the puzzles in the picture frames you solved.
The Silence Within Secret Objective Unlocked. For following instructions to the letter, Arlo has been gifted a masterwork sword. It's weighted perfectly for him. Feel free to design it how you like. Arlo has a spiderweb scar on his shoulder where the poison was. It glows slightly, like a biqaj's blood, in the moonlight but other than that, it's unremarkable. Congratulations! For your part in this thread, Arlo has been marked by U'frek. The blessing of Koriel is evident when you wake. You have the first three abilities, namely:
Four Pointed Star (Minor) Activation of this skill will cause a silvery aurora to rise from the user upward to the sky. This will highlight certain stars in the sky that appoint the directions of a compass. This will only work at night time.
Wave Crash (Minor) This ability allows the user to summon a 15' (4.6m) wave in one direction and can choose the time the wave crashes. The user must rest for a few trials afterward before attempting to use the ability again. At Adored, this ability can create a wave as high as 25' (7.7m) and at Exalted, 100' (30m).
Seafarer Skills I Add an extra three skill points to one of the following skills: Navigation, Seafaring, Swimming or Ship Building.

Knowledge

Cooking: Bacon, onion, peppers and potatoes with egg
Cooking: A quick and hearty breakfast
Discipline: Don't get distracted by scenery
Endurance: The pain of a straight-through arrow in the shoulder
Endurance: Quick onset fever
Investigation: Be clear what you are searching for
Investigation: Spot patterns in puzzles to solve them.
Investigation: Writing helps to solve puzzles
Resistance: Maintaining lucidity when poisoned
Resistance: Fast-acting poison.
Tactics: Identify your enemy's weakness
Tactics: Overcome sabotage
Tactics: Identify your own strengths Immortal: Cassion
Kali'rial

Overview

A great Kali-thread, this one. She is such a well developed, realistic pc. I love how you explain her thought processes - and she's very clear about her priorities, very serious about doing what's right. Great fun, I really enjoyed your participation in this thread. Thank you!

XP: 20

Loot

Schubert's Statue: A small, masterwork statue of Kali'rial
Kali's Book of Dreams: A small book which has in it images from your dreams. Also, the image from the puzzle in the picture frame you solved.
Cassion's Pin: An eight-pointed star brooch.
Good Call Secret Achievement:For protecting Schubert at a critical moment, Kali'rial has been gifted a set of masterwork leather armour. It fits her perfectly and is very comfortable to wear. (feel free to give it a design etc) Congratulations! For your part in this thread, Kali'rial has been marked by U'frek. The blessing of Koriel is evident when you wake. You have the first three abilities, namely:

Knowledge

Detection: Spotting what isn't there as a sign of what is
Discipline: Choosing to protect who you have to, not who you want to
Discipline: Forcing down anger and focusing on the job
Investigation: Know what resources you have
Investigation: Identifying patterns in puzzles
Investigation: Considering the motives of people judging by their action and inaction
Leadership: Hard decisions
Leadership: Sometimes it's worth taking the risk!
Leadership: Acting without hesitation to save a friend
Ranged Weapon: Bow: Firing when movement is slowed
Strength: Pulling against resistance.
Tactics: The usefulness of an unseen companion.
Tactics: Protect the vital members Immortal: Cassion
Yana

Overview

Ohhh, such fun! I really do love how you write Yana ~ she's so very detailed focused and her thought process is so logical. Yet there was vulnerability here for her and when she shot Emmaline and Arlo, I was struck by the look on her face. Beautiful writing!

XP: 15 (two posts only)
Fame: -20

Loot

Yana has 2 arrows. They appear to be perfectly normal but will deliver an incredibly deadly poison upon piercing skin. This poison works rather like strychnine, but acts very quickly (as per this thread). The poison can not be harvested from the arrows.

Knowledge

Discipline: Not responding to a sudden unexpected change of environment
Discipline: Not solving a puzzle when you want to.
Discipline: Keeping focus in the face of lethargy
Tactics: Recognising your own mistake Immortal: Cassion
PC: Arlo
PC: Pash
PC: Kali'rial
word count: 1595
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “IC Archives”