Mature Clinical

4th of Saun 724

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 200
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Clinical

“It wasn’t every day that Luvi got in the mood to do something charitable. But, seeing as though she was staying in the dust quarter, she saw a side of poverty that she didn’t usually experience. It compelled her to do something about it, but she wasn’t the type to donate money when she so desperately needed it. Labor, on the other hand, she could give.

She didn’t know exactly how to go about doing charity work, so she asked the innkeeper, “are there any charities nearby?”

“Nearby? Sure, Isonomia seems to always doing something for people in this quarter. What is it that you needed?”

“Oh, no, I don’t need anything… I just thought I might want to volunteer today,” Luvi clarified. She could see how someone might assume that someone needed help if they were asking about charities. Especially if she was staying in this part of town.

“I see,” replied the innkeeper. “In any case, you can go down the street and to the left. I believe they’ve got a clinic over there. Actually I think they have a soup kitchen as well, last I checked anyways.”

“Thanks!” Luvi said as a smile spread across her face. She ordered a simple meal and ate it while she waited for Goku to get up. She knew she was going to have to rope him into joining her. She didn’t know how the man felt about charity work, but she’d find out!

Whenever Goku did come out she’d say, “I want us to volunteer at a clinic! I think it would be good for the both of us and we could learn a few things too!”
Last edited by Illuvia on Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 286
Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Clinical

Goku finished his meal that he had been eating in his room with a contented sigh. He exited and looked at Luvi with curiosity as she mentioned volunteering at the clinic. He admired her initiative and nodded thoughtfully.

"Volunteering at a clinic? That sounds like a great idea, Luvi," Goku said with a grin, putting his empty plate onto a table. He did think it had merit.

After settling the bill, he would venture down the street and turned left, following the directions from the innkeeper. As they approached the clinic, Goku noticed the bustling activity and the air of purpose that surrounded the place. Volunteers hurried back and forth, and the sound of voices echoed through the corridors.

Goku glanced around, seeing patients waiting patiently and staff members working tirelessly. It was clear that every helping hand mattered here. He was quickly put to work when he mentioned he could magically heal people.

Approaching them with a warm smile, Goku knelt down beside the youngest boy, whose leg was bandaged. "Hey there, little buddy. Feeling okay?"

The boy nodded shyly, his eyes wide with curiosity as he looked up at Goku.

"Mind if I try something to help you feel even better?" Goku asked.

With the child's eager consent, Goku focused his energy, summoning a soft glow around his fingertips. He drew intricate runes in the air, each symbol pulsating with a faint golden light. The children watched in wonder as Goku's magical healing energy gently enveloped their wounds.

word count: 252
Illuvia
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Luvi walked along to the clinic, following the directions they’d been given. She was glad to see that Goku had agreed to come along. When she got there, however, she felt out of place. She was usually the one causing injuries, so being asked to help out patients was odd for her.

“I don’t have any experience with medicine,” she told the nurse who she was assigned to.

“That’s alright dear, you can go around and stock towels from the supply closet. Take the dirty ones and put them in the bin marked for cleaning.”

That seemed simple enough. Luvi grabbed some towels and did just that, feeling oddly shy to pop into the various rooms to do her little busywork. The patients would often look at her as if they were expecting a medical professional, but when Luvi said, “just here to change out towels,” they looked disheartened. She understood – she would be excited too if she’d been waiting for a doctor for a while.

When she got to the room Goku was in, she saw two smiling boys who had their injuries magically healed in a jiffy. “Looks like all kinds of people come to the clinic,” Luvi said, eyeing the rune shaped scars on the boys’ legs.

A nurse walked by and said, “we get all sorts and we treat all kinds of injuries.”

“I take it a lot of people come in with injuries from fist fights,” Luvi commented, eying a handful of people in the lobby sporting wounds on their faces.

word count: 260
Goku
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Goku watched Luvi head off to change towels and noticed the nurse guiding her. He waved to her and smiled to show that he was doing ok. Turning his attention back to the clinic, Goku decided to see who else he could assist. That's when he noticed a young man cradling his arm, clearly in pain.

Approaching him, Goku smiled reassuringly. "Hey there, looks like you've got a nasty break. Mind if I try to help?"

The young man nodded, wincing. "I broke it during a fall. Anything you can do would be great."

Goku called over a nurse, explaining his idea. "I've got some healing magic that might help, but I don't have much experience with bones."

The nurse nodded. "No problem. I'll help hold the bones in place while you work your magic."

Carefully, the nurse positioned the young man's arm, aligning the broken halves as best as she could. Goku watched intently, absorbing the steps involved in treating a broken bone. Once the nurse had the arm steady, Goku began drawing runes on the skin. The golden light of his magic surrounded the injury, and the young man visibly relaxed as the pain started to ebb.

"Keep it steady while I wrap it up" the nurse instructed.

Goku continued his work, focusing on the runes and the energy flowing from his fingers. It was more complex to heal a bone fracture than he had thought, but the nurse's guidance made it manageable.

"There we go," the nurse said, satisfied with the bandage. "Now, keep that arm still for a while.

The young man flexed his fingers cautiously, a look of relief spreading across his face. "Thank you, both of you. This is amazing."

Goku grinned. "It’s not healed yet. What I did speeds up your healing by several times, but it will still take time."

As the young man left, Goku turned to the nurse. "Thanks for your help. I learned a lot from watching you."

The nurse smiled. "You're a quick learner, Goku. With a bit more practice, you'll be even better at this."

word count: 358
Illuvia
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Luvi wanted to watch how they handled the arm, but someone pulled on her sleeve and brought her to another area to help handle someone who had come in drunk. There was nothing wrong with being drunk, but he was being rowdy in a clinical setting which wasn’t acceptable.

”Hey!” Luvi shouted as she tried to make herself appear a little larger. It was hard to do when she was so tiny, so she put a hand on the man’s shoulder and held him firmly. “I’m talking to you!”

He looked over his shoulder, saw nothing at first, then angled his eyes downwards a little. “They’ve got pretty things working here now,” he said with a grin. He used his other arm to reach towards her to pull her in for a hug.

Luvi quickly ducked and slipped under the grab, instinctively reacting to his motions. She then leapt into the air, spinning in order to kick him right in the face, but she diverted her foot at the last moment, allowing it to pass over his head. She had to hold herself back, since she was sure knocking someone out was a pretty good way of getting kicked out of the clinic herself.

The man looked shaken after her athletic display for but a moment but wasn't intimidated. He jeered at her at said, “I think I’ll come back another day,” as he walked out the exit.

“We try not to fight the patients if we can help it,” a nurse said to Luvi, “but I think he could have used a good kicking.”

“That’s what I was thinking!”

Last edited by Illuvia on Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 277
Goku
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Goku heard the commotion from the other room and quickly excused himself from the patients he was assisting. As he stepped into the hallway, he saw the man walking out, looking both shaken and somewhat embarrassed.

Curious, Goku approached a nearby nurse. "What was that all about?"

The nurse sighed. "A drunk man causing a scene. It's not often we get people like that, but when we do, it's always a challenge. Anyone who comes here is probably in some kind of pain, even if it's not visible."

Goku nodded, understanding. "Yeah, that makes sense. Everyone deals with pain differently."

The nurse gave a small smile. "Exactly."

Goku's eyes followed the man as he lingered outside, holding his arm and looking distressed. "I'm going to go talk to him. Maybe I can help."

The nurse nodded appreciatively. "Good luck, Goku."

Goku stepped outside and approached the man, who was now sitting on a bench, cradling his arm. The man's eyes were downcast, filled with a mix of pain and regret.

"Hey," Goku said softly, sitting down next to him. "Rough day, huh?"

The man looked up, surprised to see someone coming to check on him. "Yeah, you could say that."

Goku pointed to the man's arm. "Mind if I take a look? I might be able to help with the pain."

The man hesitated but then nodded, holding out his aching arm. Goku focused his energy once more, drawing a healing rune on his arm. The golden light enveloped the man's arm, and he watched in awe as the pain began to subside.

The man gasped, flexing his fingers experimentally. "It’s starting to feel a lot better. Thank you."

Goku smiled. "Just doing what I can."

word count: 295
Illuvia
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Luvi frowned as Goku went out to heal the man who had tried to hug her without her consent. She wanted to go and give both of them a good kicking now, but she supposed that Goku probably hadn’t seen what had happened.

She stormed off to one of the back rooms and tried to clear her head by splashing some water onto her face. A few minutes later and a nurse came to fetch her.

“You doing alright?” the nurse asked softly.

“Yeah, I think so,” Luvi said with a grumble. She felt weird. In a way, that hug had felt just as bad as having a blade pulled on her. It hurt her in a way that made her feel vulnerable. She hated it. The way she usually dealt with these feelings was with violence, but she wasn’t facing a bandit that she could slaughter.

“People like that need to be in jail, not in a clinic getting help,” she added as she shook her head.

“Well… it’s often the people who are the most messed up that need the most help,” the nurse said as she put a hand on her shoulder and tried to steer her into another room. “Come help me put some stitches on a patient. Maybe it’ll take your mind off of things.”

Luvi’s mood wasn’t improved by standing around looking at a gash on someone’s arm. Her help wasn’t even really needed. She was just given busy work around the room while the nurse worked.

word count: 261
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”