• Closed • Servire et Tueri

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Servire et Tueri

Arc 720, 10 Zi'da

Elisabeth had to admit that it was wonderful talking to someone like Genna, who understood some of the concepts and ideas that fascinated her so. “I think that at the very least, understanding behavior starts with questioning oneself. To begin to understand others, I feel like we need to try and understand ourselves too. I’m not sure if it’s possible for someone to lack self-awareness but be able to help others but it’s an interesting concept.”

Grinning softly as the healer brushed her apology to the side, they began talking about the reason why people might try to hide their conditions – a question Elisabeth had asked. Genna’s answer was pride. That made sense when she thought about it although she had a few additional thoughts regarding the matter. “I agree with you. One of the things I’ve noticed, just by being observant, is that sometimes people complain about something small but in their minds, they’ve built it up to be this horrible thing, only to find out in the end that it was nothing to begin with. I think this applies to physical and mental things. What I figured out is, the reason they jump to ‘worst case scenario’ is unconsciously for the eventual relief that it wasn’t as bad as they thought. I’ve seen it play out a lot. I confess I’ve probably been guilty of it a time or two.” Laughing softly, the pair moved on.

Taking a few quick notes on stitches, she was led to a room where Genna showed her some additional stitching and told her she could come practice whenever she liked. Grateful for the gesture, the healer then asked her if there were other areas she was interested in. Thinking, Elisabeth did produce another topic. “Broken bones,” she replied. “With training, there is always the chance of breaking a bone. Balthazar and I train in unarmed combat as well as blades. I’m always worried about broken bones. One of the first times we met, he was fighting in a tournament.”

There was one more thing, but she wasn’t sure if Genna could help. Of course, she could find books on the subject but felt better about asking her first. “Shortly after meeting Balthazar, he was in a tournament. During the fight, he started having these horrible headaches. When he came to me, I remembered something I had read about massaging one’s hands to help relieve a headache. Something about tension and it radiating to other parts of the body. I tried massaging his hands, but I don’t think it helped much. Ever since, I’ve wanted to learn more about those types of things but I’m not sure if that’s a medical thing or something else.”

She knew how it sounded – she didn’t want to learn how to give massages. Elisabeth wanted to learn about how parts of the body connected. She and Balthazar trained…a lot. They both were constantly littered with soreness and the like. The young woman had thought it would be nice if she learned ways to ease some of those aches using more natural methods.

word count: 539
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Profession: Physician
Renown: 843
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The young healer nodded her head. “I have discovered the same thing.” She titled her head. “I have helped a few people over the arcs try to look at their own selves. Those who were willing to evaluate themselves often found more happiness and satisfaction verses those who wanted to always blame the world.” Her voice was calm though a bit sad when mentioning the later group. Then she smiled and the conversation continued. Her eyes were thoughtful as they talked Elisa talked about patients an there tendency to exaggerate their condition.

“Everyone responds to medical concerns differently. You are very right some people try to leap to the worst possible solution, and for some of them it might make what ever the real issue is easier then the worse possible scenario.” Genna shook her head and then grinned. “It is also why I refuse to diagnoses myself. It is one of the few areas where self reflection needs a bit of outside advices.” She grew thoughtful. “I also think sometimes people who are always complaining about being sick are also lonely, and a doctor checking you over is a excellent listening ear. We have a few of those who even when they are sick it isn’t bad. I can tell though that what they really want is a listening ear. I try and encourage others to check them over but give them a listening ear for a few minutes.”

“Broken bones.” Genna said with a smile. “One of the more misunderstood ailments. If it happens in the field if there isn’t blood gushing everywhere if you can keep them still put them on a make shift carry bed and bring them to a doctor. If that isn’t possible then work to align the bone, and then wrap it and once you can see a doctor.” Genna processed to explain about setting a bone, and how to wrap it.

“The reasons you don’t want to just set a bone and then leave it is because you can’t always be sure there aren’t splinters of bones that broke off. Well not with out experience feeling for them.” Genna gave a clinical description of some of the more extreme dangers of broke bones and why it was always a set, cast and go.

Elisa’s last question though did cause Genna to pause. “I am aware of the technique. It is part of a larger knowledge base of acupuncture. I know of the pressure points, but honestly I haven’t ever actually really tried that method so I wouldn’t feel comfortable teaching it to anyone. I know the principals, but I really couldn’t tell you how much pressure to apply and such.” Genna looked thoughtful. “Once things finish settling down here maybe I will look into it some more.”

Human Female

25 Arc old
Platinum Blond Hair, Blue Eyes
Ymiden and Moseke Mark

Blouse and Skirts Today
Single braid

“Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.”
~ Jerry Cantrell
word count: 509
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Arc 720, 10 Zi'da

She felt that Genna’s thoughts regarding self-diagnosis were very keen, nodding her head gently as their conversation continued through a few different topics.

Broken bones, as Genna explained it, were a bit tricky. There was a difference between treating it if the skin hadn’t broken open as opposed to if it had. Interesting. Elisabeth understood what the young healer was trying to convey, about the dangers of an open break.

Once they landed on the last topic, she listened as Genna told her about acupuncture, which sounded a bit more server than what Elisabeth was trying to ask about, but then realized that whether you ‘punctured’ or ‘pressured’ a spot, knowledge of the spot was rather important. That was probably what the overarching subject was about. Regardless, she said that she didn’t feel comfortable sharing information on that subject, as she wasn’t extremely knowledgeable, and Elisabeth respected that. “Of course. If you ever come across something related, I would love to have a copy of the information? It’s something I have a vague curiosity about now.”

It was then that Elisabeth realized she had taken up far more of Genna’s time than she had anticipated, feeling responsible for pulling her away from others that could have used her assistance. “I’m so sorry, Genna. I didn’t realize time had gotten away from us! I will let you get back to the others and we can discuss the research lessons soon?”

It had been a productive day for Elisabeth, thanks to the young healer. Offering up a friendly embrace, she gave her a final smile, bag in hand, and slipped out the door, leaving Genna to her patients.

word count: 290
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Gennadiya:

Knowledge:
Teaching x4
Psychology x2
Logistics x1
Leadership x1

Loot: -
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Elisa:

Knowledge:
Medicine - What and how you eat can affect your health
Medicine - Upset stomachs don't have a cure, treat symptoms instead
Medicine - If a patient is vomiting or has diarrhea, keep them hydrated
Medicine - Pour alcohol over a cut to clean it.
Medicine - Some cuts will heal on their own without stitches
Surgery - Stitches reduce scaring and help keep wound clean
Surgery - Depth of cut is determining factor for stitches
Medicine - Closed broken bones - without blood - keep bone stable
Medicine - Setting a bone
Medicine: You don’t want to set a bone and leave it be as there might be splinters
Psychology - Ill people often lie about their symptoms because of embarrassment or pride

Loot: Basic Order Medical Supply Bag (given by Genna) " “This is the bag we give new members of the order. It has all the basics supplies and understanding each component of the bag will help you treat most basics needs.”
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: See below.
- - -
Comments: This was a very interesting thread. I’m glad that Elisa decided to really volunteer in the Order. There are few PC healers that are more competent to teach her than Gennadiya in my opinion.

Gennadiya always seems to graceful and poised, and it is obvious that she cares about her patients and is a very dedicated healer. I like that she started the meeting by talking about the Order. I can’t help but wonder who the Adunih is as well now. I hope we’ll find out sometimes!

And I appreciate that she considered Elisa’s skills and how the Order might benefit from that. I wonder if Elisa ever did decide to teach the healers a bit about how to research!

I enjoyed reading about how much Elisa’s life had changed since her arrival in Rharne, and I can’t help but wonder what she’d think if she knew how much more it would change in the cycle to come!

Her desire to learn more about medicine is commendable. You describe her curiosity and her humbleness well, and she asked Gennadiya a few very good questions in my opinion.

Gennadiya’s explanations were quite detailed; I like that Elisa and Gennadiya didn’t only talk about healing though, but that their personalities and their personal views played a part as well. That added a lot to this thread in my opinion.

I can’t help but wonder if Elisa actually did end up volunteering now – and what exactly she did!

~~~

Elisa, there were a few issues with the knowledges that you requested:

Medicine - All cuts will heal on their own without stitches

This is only partially correct, and what more, Gennadiya talked about long and deep cuts needing stitches and that stitches can help in certain cases. For that reason, I’ve changed the knowledge to “Some cuts will heal on their own without stitches”.

Medicine - Stitches reduce scaring and help keep wound clean
Medicine - Depth of cut is determining factor for stitches

These are not Medicine knowledges. Stitches are a part of Surgery. For that reason, I’ve decided to assign the knowledges to the Surgery skill.

Medicine – Self-diagnosis is not helpful

First of all, this knowledge is not entirely correct. Gennadiya seems to talk about how self-diagnosis as a doctor is not helpful. And secondly, this is not a skill knowledge. Feel free to suggest a replacement knowledge!

Medicine - Sometimes broken bones cause splitters that need professional help to sort.

I get what you mean with this knowledge. In the thread, Gennadiya talked about that you can’t always be sure that there aren’t any splinters, and that you shouldn’t just set a bone and leave it be for that reason.

For that reason, I’ve decided to change the knowledge to:

Medicine: You don’t want to set a bone and leave it be as there might be splinters

Let me know if you can come up with a better version of that knowledge, and please let me know if you have any questions in general.

That being said, enjoy your rewards!
word count: 717

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”