School of Fish (Cail)

Gennadiya and Cail take the children out for a field trip to the lake. What could go wrong.

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy, Basilisk, Tempest

Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: +513
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9
Medal count: 11

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: School of Fish (Cail)

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Gennadiya continued to help the children as they practiced floating on their backs. Genna found doing stuff like this fun work. It was work even if she was wearing a smile the whole time. Needing to have patients with a child as you explained for the second or possible the third time. The young woman found Cail to be perfect for this kind of activity. She seemed quiet able and willing to work with the special needs of children. All of them were very smart, but they were young and still learning how to learn. So this was good for them, not only because it helped them learn to swim but also helped them understand different ways to learn.

Unfortunately while fun and floating was occurring time was also passing. Genna had followed the others woman’s lead and was crawling around on her knees so she could better help the children as the practiced floating. It was true that all the little twitching that people, especially children do was interfering with there efforts, but Genna was their speaking in a calm voice and reassuring them that they were doing well. There was only one who seemed to be struggling more. He was floating, but he seemed just a bit lower in the water then others. Genna found herself trying to help him, but he was actually the stillest of the kids. She tried to gentle push him up higher to see in that helped, but he just floated back down.

She pondered about that as she began to pay attention to the world around them at that moment. While the sun still had a good distance before it set, Genna figured if they wanted to get home before the sun based the horizon then they would need to begin heading back. She stood at that point, with water cascading off of her as she stood up, and made her way towards Cail. Kneeling by her she said softly. “We should begin to wrap up soon.” She nodded her head towards sun. “I suspect it will be easier ushering this crowd back with day light.” She said with a humorous smile.
word count: 361
Cail Qy'Jihai
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: +20
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:06 am

Cail Qy'Jihai

School of Fish

Cail looked over to see how Genna was coming. It was refreshing to see someone other than herself so ready to swim. Even more amazing was her willingness to have been the example for the children. The woman had given her complete trust not to let her float away. That helped her feelings to know that not everyone was as standoffish as many other biqaj had said they would be. Of course, when it came to dealing with the children that ended up being another challenge. Eventually the woman just allowed them to swim and play for a while. It would take several trips to get to where the children would be able to actually start trying to swim.

“Okay, everyone can play for a little while then it will be time to go back,” Cail stated with a smile as several begged her just to swim.

Cail stayed out where the kids would know not to go past her as they laughed and played. At one point even she got splashed with a laugh, she returned the playful splash which made the children squeal and wade back towards the shore. The young Biqaj looked over when Genna waded over and mentioned getting the group back to the orphanage before the sun got any lower. She glanced up at the sky before looking back to the woman.

“Yeah, if we wait much longer it will become treacherous to travel through the woods. Then trying to work them back through the smaller streets would not come out well. With the suns down we would have to take them back through the main streets. But I do not want the workers at the orphanage to worry either. Let’s get them rounded up and headed back. I will let you lead us back and I will bring up the end again. I do not want to get us lost on accident,” Cail stated with a nod agreeing with Genna.

It had been just a good day and the woman had a great time teaching the little ones. None of it would have been possible had it not been for Genna’s work with the orphanage. She would have to continue to reach out and go by the orphanage herself to continue working with them. Standing up the Biqaj stretched and sighed watching for a moment as the children laughed and played.

“Such a shame to end the fun, but we can always try and bring them back again,” Cail said and whistled getting everyone’s attention, “okay everyone. It has been so much fun, and I am so proud at how good all of you did floating. But it is time to go back, you can’t be late for supper. I promise I will see about coming back with Mrs. Gennadiya to help you all learn even more.”

Cail helped round all the children up and get them paired up with a friend. The trip back would be longer as many of the younger children were beginning to yawn. It was a good indication that they had fun, but it was indeed time to go back to the city. The woman picked up and carried two that were barely able to stand while rubbing their eyes. She let Genna take the lead to go back and followed once all the other children were following the older woman. Humming as the group went, the children were much calmer than the trip to the lake. Forcing back her own yawn, she helped keep the young ones moving with the thoughts of food and a nice warm bed. It took some time, but finally the group made it back to the orphanage. When the children had been taken to change and wash up, Cail turned to Genna with a smile.

"Today was so much fun. I am so glad that you asked the order for a helper. I hope we will get a chance to come and work more with the children," Cail explained.

Biqaj Female

23 Arc old
Long Brown Hair and Eyes
5' 8" Tall

Clothing Style
Green Cloak

“Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.”
~ Jerry Cantrell
word count: 714
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: +513
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9
Medal count: 11

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Genna smiled at the other woman as they made the necessary plans. Genna stood up smiling as Cail whistled and called all of the children to attention. The Lysorian woman could whistle, but not in this style of method. Her whistles just didn’t carry and have that kind of power. There where groans from the children at the end of the fun, and after some feet dragging they all managed to make there way out of the want an on to the shores.

Genna made sure they wrapped the towels around each other and making sure they were all once again with there buddies she began to lead the way from the lake. The trip back was basically the same as the trip down. They kept to the back streets, where people tended to only go if they were needing to get to a specific area, though more people were beginning to head home for the evening as so they passed a few crowds of neighbors walking back to their areas together. There was something different though. Two woman, both having clearly been wet, leading a group of wet children did cause a few of them to pause and call to the children asking how the lake was and once they had passed would continued on Periodically she would turn around on a straight run and do a quick count of the children before turning back around.

Eventually they returned to the orphanage and Genna usured the children towards there rooms to change. Once they were safely on there way Genna turned and hugged Cail. “I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. You really helped make this a successful venture.” She nodded her head, and said. “I most certainly will. If you would like to stay we will be having story time and you can stay and help us.” She said. Either way Genna was happy that Cail had come and the two sister healers had grown closer together in a way that only working together can achieve.
word count: 339

Return to “Rharne”