School of Fish (Cail)

Gennadiya and Cail take the children out for a field trip to the lake. What could go wrong.

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pegasus, Pig Boy, Basilisk

Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: +513
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9
Medal count: 11

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

School of Fish (Cail)

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Vhalar 6, 719

Gennadiya stood waiting in the common room of the Order Orphanage. She was waiting for the older children to come back from their lessons for the trial. Originally she had wanted the children to be taught in the Orphanage, but Faith had pointed out that it would be best for them to be exposed to other children in the city and be part of the city life and not shunned away from it. Adiya had to agree it was a better idea then her own as it address on of her biggest worries. She wanted these Orphans to grow up so they could effectively take their place in the world and city of Rharne.

So on trials like this when she had a surprise for the children she had to wait for the older ones to come back from their lessons in the public schools. Adiya sat in one of the arm chairs looking at the door. She was actually waiting for more than just the children. The activity she had planned for the trail would involve only the older children, so Vera and the others would still need to stay and watch the younger childredn. Because of that she had sent a request to the main building if they could spare someone to help her watch the older children.

Gennadiya was very pleased that the trial was nice and warm for the activity she had planned that trial, and sat with her eyes closed enjoying the sunlight streaming across her face from one of the windows. The young woman had just turned 25 arc, but held a calm and grace about her that came from experience hell and coming back from it. She was aware of herself as anyone could be, knowing her good and bad traits, but not flaunting either. Her fair skin had a healthy glow to it, and her platinum blond hair was bound in a tight braid that fell down her back.

She was dressed in a practical brown shirt with a blue blouse, and a wide brimmed hat sitting on her lap as she sat there. Unseen to any observer she wore swim apparel under her clothing in possible preparation for the trials activities. Something she had included in her message for her fellow healer to be prepared for as well.
Last edited by Gennadiya Lyosha on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 390
Cail Qy'Jihai
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: +20
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: School of Fish (Cail)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Cail ran through the streets as quickly as she could without bumping into people. Her green cloak from the order flowed behind her which felt strange to the woman since she was not used to wearing such an item. Panting, she slowed down and looked around her for the landmarks that the order member had told her to find in order to make it to the Orphanage. The woman had gotten excited when she had been told to meet with Gennadiya to work with the kids. The young Biqaj hoped to learn more about childcare while there. She felt so unequipped when it came to raising Paige.

Her head swung left to right before finally spotting the building she was looking for. Turning in that direction, she started out walking fast slowly picking up pace until finally she was once again racing through the streets. Dodging around youth and adults alike, the woman greeted and excused herself in a haste while moving. The woman she was to meet seemed like a kind woman though the girl had never had a lengthy conversation with her. As her legs and lungs began to burn, she slowed to a stop and looked around.

In the distance, Cail could see what appeared to be the correct place. Rubbing her legs, she jogged up the rest of the distance to the building. Slowing to a walk, the woman smiled while panting and took some time outside away from the view of the windows to calm her breathing. The last thing she wanted the other order member or caretaker to think she was insane or out of shape. A thought dawned on her while looking down at her clothes. The woman had mentioned something about knowing how to swim. Looking around curiously, the Biqaj did not notice any water close by nor did she hear children splashing in puddles. Confused, she walked up to the building once her breathing had slowed and entered cautiously. It did not take the woman long to spot her companion for the day.

“Hello, Gennadiya. I will be helping you today,” Cail said with a smile and looked at the woman.

She walked over and greeted her sister however she wished whether it was a hug or a handshake. The woman was one known to half hug when meeting those she considered friends. However, this time she decided not to since she did not know if Genn was the same way.

“The order said you needed someone that would be able to help you and mentioned swimming skills?” Cail asked with a smile.
word count: 440
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Gennadiya smoothly stood up as Cail walked through the front door and into the common room. The blue cloak had meet the green cloak Biqaj a few time. They hadn’t really had the chance to get to know each other, but Genna had been impressed with the woman. Genna felt she had the heart and desire to help others, which was something that the Lysorian woman believed was the critical foundation of a healer. There was that awkward moment when people who were quiet friends first meet. Genna stepped forward and offered her sister healer a quick hug. It was a honest hug that spoke of welcome and joy at seeing a sister healer.

“Thank you for coming to help me today.” Gennadiya said. Her words were clear and spoken with precision but also filled with warmth. The blue cloaked healer had been raised in a very rigid society and to this day she still clung to that up bringing but as she had grown up and experienced life’s trials she has added something else to it. Love, kindness, forgiveness and mercy. Gennadiya wasn’t one to show it through and abundance of touching or words instead it was in her looks and tones of voice. The young woman was to practical to show it any other way. “I wanted to take the older children to the lake to play and learn basics of swimming.” She gave a laugh at last part. “I’m not great myself at swimming. I did love playing in the water as a child though and felt it would be something the children would love.”

Gennadiya didn’t mention it was something that this father would do with her and her sister. Picnics on the lake shore were much remembered. Genna remember that even before she came to Rharne they had gone once again to the lake shore and they had a picnic. Gennadiya was as a parent to these children now and knew that feeding and teaching wasn’t enough they needed experiences.

“I hope that will be okay with you?” Gennadiya paused smiling at the Biqaj healer. “It should take up most of the trial. I do believe it will be enjoyable but i won’t lie it’s going to be like heading cats to get them through the city.” She said the last with a serious chuckle.
word count: 398
Cail Qy'Jihai
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:48 pm

Cail smiled and hugged the woman back happy to see her. The day was already promising to be a very interesting experience. Pulling back, there was nothing that she did not expect from her days in Rharne. She knew that working with the children would help perhaps enhance her skills with raising Paige as well. Of course, it would take much more than just one visit. The thought of swimming made the woman smile brightly. There had been very little lately that allowed her youth on a ship to be very useful. And though this had nothing to do with a ship it was still a nice feeling to be needed.

“Swimming is fun and a lot easier than people think it is,” Cail stated with a smile.

She bounced a little on her heels as the pair waited for the older children to be ready to go. The woman was not sure how many would have experienced anything like that. But it would prove to be interesting seeing who could even possibly step up to help. She thought it would be a fun to bring all the children out even the little ones. But the idea of trying to herd that many through town made her physically wince.

“It would be nice to teach all the kids even the littles but moving that many through town would prove to be more difficult than the adventure may be worth,” Cail explained, “I don’t mind teaching them to swim at all. Is there a smaller area than the lake to work with? It is easier to master techniques in calm water. Plus, there would be no fear of ships coming in causing the tide to take any of them away.”

The girl was not one for a lot of planning mostly doing then dealing with the consequences later, but this was not quite such a free spirit moment. There was more than just herself or Genniyada to think about. As her mind began to turn, the woman tried to think of a way to help move the older children through the city without losing any of them along the way.

“Do you know what all ages we will be working with?” Cail asked looking over at Genn to figure out what to do, “perhaps we could do some kind of buddy system?”
word count: 400
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 pm

Genna smiled approvingly as Cail asked her a verity of questions and offered suggestion. The young woman nodded her head at Cail statement that she would be willing to teach the younger children. It was a wonderful proposal and Genna acknowledged it. “We can certainly teach the younger children, but as you said it will be difficult enough taking the older kids at this time. I like to try to do some separate events since when we bring the younger children to events they take up most of our focus. This way we can give our limited attention the older children instead of comforting crying younger crying children.” Genna had discovered that the hard way already. “The age group we will be taking is seven to twelve years old.”

Before Genna could reply to Cail’s question about the lake. The children came in from school and swarmed into the room. The various children stopped and looked at Genna and Cail. They carried various books and piece of paper as they came in. Genna smiled warmly at them and moved forward to greet each of them by name. She knew who everyone was though she was still working to try and learn more about them. Cail would notice there was a verity of children, but over half of them had red hair, and all of those with the red hair had some type of scares.

After the greets Genna clapped her hands for quiet. “Okay everyone. I would like you to meet Cail.” She said smiling at her Order sister. “She will be joining me and the older children today. We are going swimming.” There were cries of excitement from those who were going and disappointment from those who would be left behind. “Okay those who are going need to change into swim clothing if you have some otherwise your play cloths.” The crowd rushed out leaving a few of the six year olds to looking imploringly at Genna. The platinum haired woman knelt down and talked with them and promised they would have a chance to swim.

Genna turned back to Cail as silence descended on the room. “I have been told of a inlet on the lake where the waters is calm enough for swimming.” She turned and looked at the children. “I am sure you noticed the hair color and the scares. Most of our children where orphaned during the plague last cycle. Many of them are survivors of the plague itself. The red hair and scares are the evidence of that.” She said looking lovingly after the children. “Most are adjusting well.”
word count: 436
Cail Qy'Jihai
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Cail Qy'Jihai

Cail listened closely when Genniyada explained more about their trip out. She was glad to hear that they would take the other children out to swim as well. But for the moment it seemed the pair would be taking a fairly large age group. Seven to twelve, that was a five-year difference and would prove a good range to work with. The Biqaj looked over when the children all came running in from their classes. She was surprised to see so many and decided to stay a little behind Genn when the woman addressed them. When introduced, Cail walked forward and smiled at them.

“Hello everyone,” Cail stated.

She went silent once more and felt her heart pull when the youngest group whined wanting to go with them. It was not something the woman liked to turn anyone away that wanted to learn. Though a huge group with only two of them working could turn deadly for everyone involved in the outing. Thinking a smile played on her lips when the little ones got ready to leave when Genn promised to take them swimming to.

“If they would like to try, they could learn to float in the tub. With the workers help of course,” Cail stated.

It never hurt to let them be able to work on something to show off when the two women came back. That was if Genn would want to have the Biqaj with her again. It was not long before the older children had begun to filter back down as Cail looked over at the white-haired woman. Plague? She tried to pull back through her mind. She had to be talking about the one that tormented Rynmere. It would explain why ships had been bared from going there on deliveries.

“I see, that is saddening. Though it is good to see they do not appear upset about it as I’m sure they were,” Cail stated a smile appeared when the children ran over to them.

Once they were all gathered together, the woman counted glad to see there was just enough to partner up. Hopefully not too many would argue with them about it. Cail cleared her throat and looked at them all.

“If I can have you all separate by age. I would like to pair you together. A younger child with an older child. There are enough of you that it would greatly help make the trip to the lake faster,” Cail explained.

It took several tries to get all the children paired off together. A younger boy refused to hold another child’s hand becoming visibly upset. Walking over the woman knelt down to look in his eyes while talking to him.

“What’s your name sweetie?” Cail asked gently.

“Mizal, ma’am,” the boy stated sniffling.

“If you want to go swimming with us you have to hold someone’s hand. If you don’t want to hold this young man’s hand. Would you hold mine?” Cail asked gently holding her hand out.

“Yes, ma’am,” Mizal said still sniffling but took her hand.

Cail stood up and took the end of the line letting Genn lead the way to the lake. Smiling, the woman tickled the little boy making him giggle while they walked.

Biqaj Female

23 Arc old
Long Brown Hair and Eyes
5' 8" Tall

Clothing Style
Green Cloak

“Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.”
~ Jerry Cantrell
word count: 590
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Chaos descended upon the room as the children returned with towels and swim apparel or play clothing. Genna and Cail were separated as they tried to bring some sense of order to the gathering. The children were excited and so struggled to stay focused as Cail began separate them into pairs. Genna helped where she was needed but didn’t feel any reason to not let Cail lead in this sorting. It was a good idea and one the Lysorian woman wouldn’t have thought of. She would have had them stand in lines yes, but having a older kid to help with a younger child was an excellent idea.

A few seemed sulky about it, but over all there was a certain pride in the older children who were given the chance to help with the young children. Knowing the children better Genna a couple times would offer a suggestion when she knew that a particular child had a sibling that they should be together, and in one case was very glad that Cail with out knowing kept an older boy and girl from being partners with her pattern of putting the younger and older children together.

Once they were ready Genna led them out into the city itself. The young woman had wandered Rharne for over an arch now and so was familiar with the roads and took the crowd down the medium traffic roads. The main roads just couldn’t have taken this crowd, and well experience taught her small roads had to many opportunist. The sapphire eyes healer kept a firm eye both on her charges and the crowd on the road. Not that she had many issues with the crowd. The roads she chose tended to be the ways the average family person came and went to work. So when a crowd of children came down the street in two straitish lines they moved aside.

Genna smiled at the children as she caught their eyes, and kept up a stream of encouragement and occasionally commands. At one point a plumper little girl dragged her buddy forward and tugged at Genna skirts. She slowed the pace and looked down at the girl.

“I am tired. Are we there yet?” A smile slipped across Genna face as she slowed a bit more.

“No dear Aubra, we are still in the city.” The girl shied and said. “Can I walk with you.” Genna shot a look over at the older boy who walked with the girl. He shrugged that he didn’t care. Genna held a hand to each and the both jumped at the chance. Turning the Lysorian woman called out. “Does anyone have a good marching song?” Several were suggested and one finally chosen. So off key and not together the children began to sing. Genna joined in but hummed in places where she couldn’t catch the words, but the children had fun and it distracted them.

Eventually they made their way out of the city and towards the lake. Once they were passed the walls and out of the street the real work began. There was a certain freedom to be found when there were no paved roads and walls. Genna allowed the ground to spread out but they had to be close to hear her and they still had to hold their buddies hand. As the children’s group began to turn into a hive of activity around the two woman Genna joined Cail. “We should be at the spot shortly. While I can swim, I am not all that great at it. So if your have better skill then I will follow your lead with the lessons. If not we can muddle through this together.” Genna said the last part with companionable laugh.
word count: 631
Cail Qy'Jihai
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 am

Cail Qy'Jihai

Thread Name
Time Stamp

Cail smiled and listened as the children began to quietly talk and point out different buildings. It was an interesting experience that the woman had never gotten a chance to do. She would have to come and spend more time with the children when they were back at the orphanage. For some reason, her mind had not really thought about going to just visit and see what the place was like. A part of her wondered how Paige would have fared if the woman had pushed for her to go to the orphanage. With a soft shake of her head the new “mother” decided she was just being silly.

The Biqaj was glad to finally be free of all the small streets the group had used. Though that had meant less distractions for the kids. A free roaming group of children was the last thing the pair needed. Moving the kids to where they are in a sort of c shape facing the water. Cail was nervous to take the lead on the lessons, but she knew it would help her grow. Taking a deep breath, she smiled at Genn.

“Thanks, I think just focusing on how to float will be first. For some just having their feet out from under them may be a big hurdle to overcome,” Cail suggested looking at her companion.

The woman could feel her nerves trying to race as she turned to face the children. With the varying ages it would be intriguing to see how many had actually learned to swim before. Even if it was not more than simply walking into the water till they were in waist deep. Clearing her voice the Biqaj called for everyone’s attention. The little ones would be the hardest to keep focused on the task at hand. Thankfully many had their swimsuits already on or did not need help changing.

“Okay everyone. Before we begin how many have actually had swimming lessons?” Cail asked.

Only a few hands were raised and not any of the younger kids seemed to know anything. Taking a deep breath, the woman could see it would be a longer lesson than expected. The basics had to be learned first by everyone even the older kids needed a refresher.

“Okay, how many of you have floated on your back while you were in the tub?” Cail inquired.

A smile bloomed on her face when nearly every single hand went up. That experience would help them understand what they would be doing first. From floating, the group could easily learn the butterfly stroke. A technique most sailors used when overboard to keep from drowning after their bodies are exhausted.

“Great! What we are going to learn today are two things. How to float on your back and also how to do what is called a butterfly stroke. These are very important for you to learn and practice any time you can. If you are ever at sea or just swimming in a lake like this and become tired you will drown. How many of you have seen sailors before?” Cail asked seeing the looks on their faces.

About half raised their hands on that question, nodding the woman took a deep breath while removing her cloak. She hung it on the tree branch beside the shore line while kicking her shoes off. Cail returned to standing before the children.

“When sailors fall off the ship during a trip they instantly turn on to their backs and begin to float. This keeps them from using more energy than necessary to stay above water. With Mrs Genn’s help I will show you what I mean. Then we will get all of you into the water waist deep so you know you are safe,” Cail stated.

The woman waded into the water not worried about her clothes getting wet. The feel of the water on her skin made her smile it was like going home after being away for so long. The Biqaj leaned back at the waist very carefully picking her feet up. Her waist dipped under before she tightened the muscles to pull her body back into a straight line on the surface of the water.

Biqaj Female

23 Arc old
Long Brown Hair and Eyes
5' 8" Tall

Clothing Style
Green Cloak

~ Jerry Cantrell
word count: 749
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:56 pm

Gennadiya stood at the back of the crowd of children as the herd made their way towards the lake. They were so excited to be out of the city, some of them despite having always living in Rharne hadn’t wandered much farther then the edge of their neighborhood. So this was the critical part as the desire to explore was fighting to over take a few. Genna had to, smiling, step in the way to prevent a child from absently mindedly wandering away. Not that the children were bad or naughty even, they just were children and still learning how to focus.

Once they were at the lake though things were much easier. They lake in an of itself was mesmerizing to the children. Genna watched as Cail stepped forwards and began to explanation. The Lysorian’s woman attention adjusted between the children and encouraging smile Cail. Over all the children were interested, there were only a couple whose attention seemed to wander. Genna stood there smiling, and some how they always made contact with Genna’s eyes and the warm smiled seemed to do the trick and they turned their focus back to the young woman.

Genna stepped forward when Cail said that she would help her. Genna stepped forward and discard her cloak shoes and stockings, and took a couple steps into the water. Genna could float, but that was about the extent of her knowledge. Upon Cail instructions she also laid back and allowed herself to float, her hair fanning out around her.

Once they had finished showing off Genna stood up and then walked back. “All right children lets take off those shoes and we will walk into the water. Warning, the water is cold, but that will wear off after a few moments especially as you get farther into the water.” She said and then taking the hands of some of the more skittish younger children she helped them walk into the water stopping when the water came up to the children mid thigh. She indicated the taller ones could go a bit father. “Children get comfortable with the water. Kneel down, run your hands through it, just don’t put your head under yet.”

Genna had noticed one older girl was standing on the bank still. Genna indicated for one of the older boys to come and stand with the two she had walked out and then slogged her way back to shore. She knelt down and looked at Griselda. “Does the water make your nervous?” Genna asked.

“I want to go in, but my cousin told me people died drowning in the lake.” She said in a child’s whisper. The healer nodded and her face was grave.

“Your Cousin in right that people have drowned in the lake, but that is because they don’t know how to swim.” Genna said soothingly.

“He said there are monsters that pull people down.” She whispered in a voice that carried. Others heard and the splashing stopped. Genna looked over at Cail, with one of those adult looks that said why do cousins tell scarry stories.

“Griselda let me tell you a story.” Genna said so her voice could be heard. “Have you heard about the flameborn, and the war with Faldrun?” Genna could sense all the nods of head. “Ilaren fought valiantly against Faldrun, but she was struggling. This lake heard the plea for help from the people of Rharne, and the spirit of the Lake then sent forth its Knights, and with water and lightning they defeated Faldrun.” Genna looked serious at the girl. “Does that sound like a lake that would allow monsters to eat the people it loves.”

The little girl shook her head, her eyes wide with wonder. Genna took her hand and together the walked back in a the children went back to splashing, though with a few shouts of being knights of the water.
word count: 657
Cail Qy'Jihai
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:22 am

Cail Qy'Jihai

Thread Name
Time Stamp

Cail was very excited and happy when Genna helped her show them what they would be working on at first. Even just floating could turn out to be difficult if the kids tried to look around while on their backs. That would cause they butts to go down and make them panic. The last thing the Biqaj wanted was for them to all be nervous or get scared. The kids had to be confident in their ability to at least float on their backs if they were to get in trouble out at sea. Smiling the woman watched as the children hurried into the water.

The Biqaj laughed hard when several of them squealed at the cold and turned running back out. She tried to calm down taking a deep breath. The girl had to focus and begin working with the kids that didn’t run out of the water. The lake was calm so she could put several kids on their backs and let them float while focusing on the younger more nervous children. Wading through the water, Cail made her way over to a couple of the taller girls helping them learn how to lay on their back on their own.

She kept her hands against their back slowly walking using the touch to move them through the water. Many of the younger kids watched in awe and began to slowly go back into the water. Once they were off to the side some Cail moved back over and began to help the younger children as well. A young boy clung to her arm scared shaking gently. With a smile the girl waded into the water so that the water was to her knees. She knelt down bringing the water up to her chest. A shiver crawled up her back looking at him.

“Don’t be afraid. You will be just fine I promise. I won’t let you go until you tell me to, I promise,” Cail stated.

The boy whimpered and nodded gently easing off her arm. She turned him to look towards the shore, moving slowly so she didn’t startle him the girl made it to where he was sitting on her arm lowering his head back. Nodding gently Cail kept her arm under his neck so that his head was above the water before pushing his legs towards the surface.

“Straighten your body. I promise not to let go,” Cail explained gently.

It took several trills before the boy straightened fully shaking nervously. The girl staid still letting the child stop shaking. When the boy opened his eyes there was more confidence than there had been previously. A bright smile appeared on her face, the complete confidence in his ability made the boy try to move her arms. The woman moved her arms straight down so if something happened it wouldn’t take but a trill for her to grab him. Cail looked over when Genna calmed the fears of an older girl that had been told nasty stories by a cousin. In the back of her mind, Cail knew the stories to be true. But that was not something to tell someone without the ability to swim. Even if something did attack a person had a chance to fight if they knew how to swim.

Biqaj Female

23 Arc old
Long Brown Hair and Eyes
5' 8" Tall

Clothing Style
Green Cloak

~ Jerry Cantrell
word count: 598

Return to “Rharne”