Greeting the Dawn With Song and Dance Part 2

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderator: Oracle

Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: +103
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Greeting the Dawn With Song and Dance Part 2

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Ashan 1 Trial 719 Arc – Before Dawn

Gennadiya had departed the celebration at the dance school as they had sent everyone home. It had been a pleasant way to celebrate the end of the dark season. The Platinum blond woman had spent the trials busy trying to keep her mind from dwelling on the lack of sunlight. To keep from missing feeling the warm raise caress her skin each day. As it occurred every year she would now be able to rejoice in the return of dawn. She was bundled up against the cold night with a small back containing her little portable burner and some water to make tea while waiting for the sun.

What she was doing wasn’t specifically part of Ymiden’s religion but she had seen others do it back in Ne’hear. She had picked out a quiet spot farther up in the city where she could watch the suns rising this trial without any obstruction, and not be in others way. So she walked at a measured pace towards it. She did find it more convenient her in Rharne since it was built on a mountain and so she didn’t have to leave the city to find a good spot.

There was one change to her plans this evening. She had expected to go alone, but her new friend Eliza was coming with her. The young woman seemed very interested in Ymiden, and had asked Gennadiya about her own experiences. The Lyosian woman had promised to tell Eliza all about it, but here at this event where it would have greater meaning. Eliza had also hinted that she had experience to share.

Mortal’s interaction with Ymiden tended to be sensitive as he drew those who sought to improve themselves. So Gennadiya wasn’t surprised about Eliza’s behavior. It was good to share experiences but some needed quiet and calm. This evening was perfect for it. Everything was still almost as if the world was waiting. Eventually they arrived at the destination. A park in the upper levels that looked over the plans beyond Rharne.

“The world has been the past season in darkness, and this morning we will see the return of the sun. Each trial I like to greet the sunrise, but I also take this time to reflect on my life. What have I succeed at, where have I fallen short, and what do I want to do to be better.” She said calmly. “Ymiden teaches us that we must seek to improve ourselves or have a rebirth. Sometimes that is something big, like the time I meet Ymiden, other times, like I try to make this even, it’s the small things and just committing to be better.”

She paused and looked out over the planes. “It can also be a time of forgiveness. As I review my life I see times where I may have harmed others. I can also think about those who have wronged me and try to clear myself of the darkness. Most importantly it is a chance to forgive myself of those things that I honestly can’t change and have tried to do better.” This was the hardest part for Gennadiya, there were something she still hadn’t been successful at.

She looked at Eliza, her hood pulled up around her head. Her blue eyes holding a question. “If you would like to hear it now, I would be glad to share with you my experiences.”
word count: 585
Eliza Soule
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Artist
Renown: +213
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 1

Events

Re: Greeting the Dawn With Song and Dance Part 2

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:36 pm

For a season that was relatively short in duration, to Eliza, Cylus seemed unbearably long. It never failed, the mortalborn dreaded its each arc and when it was finally gone, she rejoiced. As the daughter of Ymiden, she understood all too well that in order to be reborn, all things must die. Whether literally speaking or more symbolic in nature, the darkest season had a part in that. But as an artist who wasn't content if she couldn't paint or draw, there was only so much inspiration to be found in the bitter cold and the darkness. Therefore, Ashan was arriving just in time.

The world wouldn't warm up overnight, and the ground would take some time to dry out and soften enough to allow the first green shoots to spring up. But to see the sun coming up after thirty long trials without, was all the motivation that Eliza had needed to get out and about in the dark. She'd been staying at the inn during her visit to Rharne, and had carefully tiptoed down the stairs in the dark, so she wouldn't wake her fellow guests. The kitchen had already been busy however, and she'd been able to charm the chef into supplying her with a selection of pastries, along with some cheese and bread to take along in a basket.

When she met up with Gennadiya, she smiled as they set out, and introduced her little companion that had been tucked snugly beneath her hood. "Eberhardt, meet Adiya." The monkey that popped its head out to have a look at the blonde, was so small that it would fit in the palm of the hand. The little creature tilted its head curiously, grinned a toothy grin and chattered out a greeting that was very primate in nature, but sounded distinctly conversational too. Of course to Eliza's ears, her little companion spoke common as plain as she did. To others, not to much. "She's been missing the sun and wanted to come along. I hope you don't mind. I brought us something to break the fast on as well," she added, lifting her basket as they walked.

Genna had picked the perfect spot. Rharne was already nestled into and wrapped round a hill. But the higher they went, the farther they could see into the distance. Eliza imagined that had there been a lamp lit her bedroom window at home, she'd have seen it all this distance away. It was the perfect place to watch the sun come up. And for Adiya, the sunrise seemed have a more significant meaning than it did for others. A time for self reflection, or a time to regroup. "I'd say for one of Ymiden's faithful, a good spot to watch the sun come up is as good or better than any man made shrine," she suggested. Which might indeed explain why the shrine on Immortal's Tongue had seemed so plain and out of use.

"I would. Very much," Eliza said then when the other woman offered to share her experiences, and the mortalborn settled down onto a large smooth stone that was sunk into the ground. And in return, she'd be happy to share her own. She would have anyway, and freely. But in an ironic sort of way, it was likely that Adiya had more experience with Ymiden as an Immortal, than Eliza did with her own father.
word count: 582
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:59 pm

The blonde was pleasantly surprised by their guest for the morning sunrise. She had seen monkeys before when the traveling show would come through, but she hadn’t ever seen a creature this small. Her sapphire blue eyes looked at the creature with interest. Part of her wanted to pet the creature, but another part said she didn’t want to startle the creature and scare it. She smiled as the creature chatted a greeting to her. She bowed her head and said and greeted the creature. “It is nice to meet you Eberhardt. I am glad to have you along.” She looked back up Eliza and asked, “Where did you find him?”

She nodded in appreciation at the mention of food to break there fast with. “Food will be nice, thank you for thinking about it.” She was even more glade she had invited Eliza. The young blond’s plan for breakfast had just been to return to the clinic once she was done, but there was someone else now which changed the plans and her new friend had enough foresight to grab what Gennadiya hadn’t.

So it was that they were prepared for the coming dawn physical, now it was time to review the past and to learn more about each other. Gennadiya took a seat next to Eliza her expression sad, but calm and even excepting as she wondered where to start.

“I have a loving family. At one time it was composed of my mother and sister, but all I have left is my father. I am strong willed, determined and on occasion proud, and as an adolescent I was way worse.” Gennadiya said in a matter of fact voice. “My sister and I attended a small all girls school when we were young. I loved it, it challenged me and drove me to be better, to learn more.” She gave a soft smile remembering. Then she continued.

“I pushed myself to far, I took on more than I could handle. The stress of my work load, the pressure from my friends, and my perceived view of my father and even my teacher’s expectation.” She glanced over at Eliza, “One of my ‘friends’ told me about a way to relieve my stress. And introduced me to opium.” She paused again and breathed deeply. “One thing lead to another and I ran away from home, and found myself living on the streets.”

“I had various object that my family had given to me over the years and one by one I sold them to pay for my addiction, until eventually I had nothing except me. After spending several trials in a vague state I become coherent enough realize I was out, and the only two things I had left to sell were my hair.” Gennadiya put a hand to the hair at her brow and then spoke. “Or myself.”

“It was then that my sister found me. I was sitting in an alley at home in the garbage that had been tossed there. My clothing was soiled and ruined, I have been back there since and the stench was unbearable, but it had become who I was.” Gennadiya face grew saw and her eyes briefly haunted. “My sister saved me, she convinced me to swallow my pride and to return home. I wanted to change, I wanted to become and better person and for the first time in cycles I felt I could change.”

The tears began to slid down her checks. “It was then that a man, no a boy, grabbed my sister and demanded all of the supplies she had brought for me.” Gennadiya turned to look at Eliza. “The poor boy was just as scared as we were, and in do to his shaking he killed my sister.” Gennadiya face was sad and even a bit haunted but there was no anger. “I attacked my sister’s killer after she had died in my arms.” Gennadiya stood up and walked a few steps looking towards the dawn. “I was a terror incarnate and then even as I was about to make the killing blow I remembered what Ymiden’s teachings about forgiviness, and it was then that I was about to kill a boy, he might have been tall, but he was a boy, and one who appeared as desperate as I had become. So I didn’t kill him. I returned to my sister, and as the dawn came a man came upon the three of us.” She turned and looked back at Eliza. “It was Ymiden. He understood what I had done, and in that moment helped me understand that I had saved myself by not killing that boy.” Gennadiya took a deep breath. “That boy sadly has had to live with the consequence of his actions, I have to live with the regret that my choices but my sister in that position, but I don’t have to live with the blood of that boy on my hand.”

“It was then that I obtained his mark. Ymiden helped me through that difficult time, mostly he just helped me understand the importance of the decision I have made, but it changed the way I looked at the world, and that it is okay not to be perfect.” She walked back and sat on the bench. “From them I have overcome my addiction and spent my life as a healer, trying to help others as I was helped by those I love.” She grew quiet, her expression neither happy or sad, but at peace.
word count: 933
Eliza Soule
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Events

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Eliza too had seen apes and monkeys, if sparingly, over the arcs and always in captivity. But when she'd first laid eyes on Eberhardt, she'd have thought it was impossible for a creature with a personality so large, to come in such a tiny package. Of course she'd come to learn that in Emea, almost all things were possible. And as it turned out, Eberhardt had been the least of it. "She," Eliza said, even as the little creature climbed down off her shoulder and onto Adiya's arm. "Before I left Scalvoris, I somehow stumbled, or was drawn into a maze with a number of other unsuspecting souls," she explained. "It's a long, strange and complicated story, but it turns out we'd somehow been transported into Emea."

"That was where Eberhardt and I met. She appeared on my shoulder and was intended to be my helpmate. I'd thought that once I was out of that maze, she'd be gone. But she wasn't. She's been with me ever since." Eliza wasn't exactly sure she'd call Eberhardt a magical creature, but she was, the mortalborn supposed, one made from dreams themselves. In a sense. "You and others hear chatter," she added with a smile as she watched her tiny friend acquaint herself with Adiya. "But I hear words, just as plain as you and I are speaking."

When Adiya began to share her story, as it played out, Eliza found it to heartbreaking one. Ymiden's daughter was tenderhearted by nature. Poppy had always said so, and there'd been many before him that had said the same. Meanwhile, Eberhardt had moved on to disappearing inside the basket, then emerging with a plump, sweet grape in her tiny hands. The blonde couldn't be much older than her mid-twenties, from Eliza's perspective...though her own ability to judge those things was a convoluted thing, considering, in spite of how she looked, how truly old she was. But so many losses and tragedies in such a short span of time. It was bound to leave a mark.

She didn't interrupt, didn't speak. Not a word until Adiya fell silent. Eliza was always there, seated beside the other woman, always engaged and close by. The way she'd met Ymiden, their interaction, the mark, from what little she knew about her own father, much of it seemed to be his way. "Forgiveness," she said quietly, finally, of Ymiden's domain. "I think that many people assume that forgiveness is for others, not realizing that often it means to forgive one's self. I'm sorry," she said. "It must be hard to have endured so much, lost so much. But it's forged you into who you are now. There might have been more pleasing ways to get to where you are now. But from what I see, it's not a bad place to be?"

Looking out over the stormlands, at the horizon where the sun would make its appearance for the first time in thirty trials, Eliza smiled just a little. But it was one tinged with a touch of melancholy. "I've watched more loved ones born, grow and then die, than most people will meet in their lifetime. I've got a sketchbook at home, filled with their names and drawings of the ones I can remember. More than two centuries of them now. I've called them mother, father, grandfather...," she said, looking back at Adiya. "You're only the second one I've actually said it aloud to. I'm a mortalborn, and the reason I'm so interested in Ymiden is that he's my father." There really was no way to ease into it, Eliza realized. "But I've never met him, so far as I'm aware of."

"I know very little about my mother, though I was told that she loved me. I'm sure that she knew that my father was Ymiden, but I didn't know. Not until I was much older and began to question why I was different, and why I wasn't growing like other children did." That was the hardest part to explain, she realized. She simply hadn't aged as other mortalborn did. She did grin a little then, remembering a conversation with Poppy, the most loved of all her grandfather's. "A wise old crone in a little girl's body, they used to tease me." Latency. "It's taken me more than two centuries to come to an age that another mortalborn would reach in two decades. I've witnessed....so much." Wars, princes that came and went, fashions coming and going. History for most people was what they read about. She'd seen a great deal of it firsthand.

"It's because of that, that the people who raised me, and those they handed me off to to raise, and them again, kept my nature a secret and encouraged me to do likewise," Eliza explained. "There are still places where mortalborns aren't welcome or are viewed with suspicion, and they thought it would be easier." Eliza frowned then and shrugged. "I retrospect, I'm not so sure about that. But Rharne is different. Mortalborns are welcome here, and I think I'm finally shedding that cloak of secrecy. It's difficult to say that anyone can truly know me, or me them, if I'm not honest about something so basic. I didn't realize until I visited my father's shrine on Immortal's Tongue, the extent of that sense of loneliness, watching all those people coming and going. It felt isolating to always be left behind, and I guess I was angry when it struck me. I blamed him."

She smiled then when she remembered that trial. "I visited his shrine and gave him a good telling off. I told him he was a terrible father and he could have at least sent a card for my birth-trial. It's ironic really." Ironic that her father's domain was forgiveness in large part, she added. But it had taken the Immortal's daughter more than two centuries to learn that lesson. "I still haven't met him. But I forgave him that trial."
word count: 1059
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Gennadiya listened as Eliza explained about where her little friend had come from. The more she began to wonder from her home the more wonderful and strange she realized the world was. Lost in a maze that sent a helper in the shape of this monkey. Well you lived and learned each trial. To actually be able to understand what the little creature said, that was a gift that Gennadiya hadn’t ever thought about. That would make for a very close relationship with one’s companion. She smiled at little enviously but didn’t covet her friend’s companion.

Eliza sat quietly listening as Gennadiya told her story. He friend’s eyes were focused on her as the blonde woman shared the meridian of her life. The point from which all changes occurred. Gennadiya was sorrowful for what she had done, but not ashamed of her behavior around that event. She was ashamed of her behavior that lead to her being there, but she had accepted her sisters helping hand and had chosen not to kill that boy.

She listened as Eliza spoke. Gennadiya was impressed that the woman understood the many layers of that experiences. It was hard and tragic, and Gennadiya would rather have gained her currently wisdom some other way, but it did happen and she had become the caring woman she was now because of it. She would have her sister back if she could, but she wouldn’t belittle her sister’s sacrifice either.

“It is so true.” Gennadiya said. “I found it much easier to forgive that poor boy. I was able to stand before the courts and pled for a lesser sentence. To this trail I haven’t completely forgiven myself for my involvement in her death. I have moved on and as you said have grown from that experience and am happy with who I have become.”

Gennadiya listened then as Eliza unfolded her story. The young healer was surprised by the introduction to her history, centuries old, mortalborn and lastly daughter to Ymiden. Her face remained passive as the explanation though her eyes showed a flash of surprise before vanishing. Gennadiya continued to listen with the same attention and interest she had started listening with. None of these revelations changed Gennadiya’s view of this lonely woman.

Unlike her own story which covered a relatively short period of time in her total life span. Eliza’s story couldn’t be told in detail in one sitting as it expanded the centuries. What kind of effect had that had on the woman next to her? Wisdom for sure, but certainly a certain amount of reservation. Gennadiya had watched her mother and sister die, painful but in her life span no one would ever take their place. The brunette next to her had centuries of people she had come to love as father, mother, grandparents. Her life must have been an endless parade of lives.

Gennadiya paused and followed one of Ymiden’s teachings and turned that around. She had seen many people die, but how many lives had she had a chance to be a part of. Death came to all of them, well maybe not Mortalborn, at least maybe not naturally, but there was always new life to take its place. New people to meet and help.

Then Eliza spoke of her relationship with her father, or the complete lack any relationship. Gennadiya was disappointed, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt. She nor Eliza were immortals and didn’t understand the rules the lived by. It was hard to judge, and more importantly it was the teachings she believed in and understood the Immortals weren’t perfect.

Gennadiya sat listening and gave a smile as Eliza finished her life story with her explanation that she had yelled at her father in his own temple, and then had forgiven him. Her eyes twinkled as she pictured this polite brunette exploded in a temper. Then she was quiet for a moment before she spoke.

“To have the chance to love that many people in your life.” Adiya said as she looked sideways at Eliza. “Love is the greatest gift given to us. It teaches us joy and pain all at the same time.” She then looked out over the plains spread before the city. “I feel both envy and sorrow.” She then shook her head. “Okay enough with my cryptic statements. I won’t even pretend to imagine the pain you have felt losing so many people, but you have also lived a life with each one of those people you lost and loved. To have such memories of lessons, of laughter, of life itself. No wonder you are artist, and what a way to show that love. I bet each one of those sketches has more of a story behind it then a great piece in a mansion.”

Gennadiya pulled out her hot water and poured herself a cup and offered a cup to Eliza before putting the tea to step (and Eliza’s if requested) and then holding warm cup in her hands. “You have also had trials, but I personal like the Eliza I meet tonight and like myself you wouldn’t be you without those trials. I thinking that is the underlying truth of rebirth, of change. Rebirth doesn’t say you should pretend the bad things didn’t exist. No we need to embrace our faults, our pains and out trials, and as my first healing instructor reminded me,” Adiya rubbed her check remembering the slap”, our strengths, our joys, and our success, and then become the person we want to be.”

She looked over at Eliza, “Do you want to meet your father in person?” Adiya asked.
word count: 964
Eliza Soule
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Events

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Life with Eberhardt was complicated, to be sure. The primate might be cute and tiny, but she was also opinionated, mischievous and a prankster. She had a bad habit of picking the pockets of strangers; not maliciously but she couldn't seemed to resist the things that glittered and shined. More than once, Eliza had been forced to seek out a bauble's owner in a crowded market, and attempt to explain herself when the culprit in question had all but disappeared into the folds of her cloak. In the end however, Eliza would prefer the current arrangement to a life without Eberhardt.

Her small companion however was not Eliza's focus that very early morning. She and Adiya both, it seemed, had faced challenges in their lives and not all of them good ones. And although Eliza's experiences had staggered themselves out along several centuries, the other woman had experienced all in a relatively short amount of time. It was the way of mortals, Eliza knew, and she'd found herself more than once admiring their tenacity. They accomplished so much in a very short time, all things compared. And the mortalborn tended to think that the sense of having all the time in the world, could threaten to make one grow lazy or disinterested. It wasn't the case with her, at least not yet. She'd had some very good examples along the way.

"You know, I tend to think that we never truly lose anyone completely," she said, sentimentally. "I don't mean so much that they carry on in the afterlife. But everyone we've known in our lives, everyone we've loved or even those we've known briefly or in passing, shapes who we are and who we become in some way. Even if only a little bit. So they become a part of us, and us them, and therefore they are always with us." She'd suppose that she'd begun to think that way because she thought it would make the goodbyes easier. It did at times, but not others.

"I'd rather have known them, than not," she agreed with Adiya talked about the many people she'd gotten a chance to know and love. "And I sometimes envy those with shorter natural lifespans," she admitted with a grin. "With longevity like mine, it would be easy to become cynical. Perhaps it was also a gift from my father, that I've avoided that pitfall." But yes, please, she added when Adiya began pouring the tea, and in response, Eliza began emptying the basket she'd brought along. There were pastries both sweet and savory, boiled eggs, fruit, cheese and jam, and she arranged them all on a small cloth that the inn's cook had sent along. There between them, so each could choose what they'd like.

She smiled again and nodded her head in thanks when she was handed the cup. "Your healing instructor was very wise, I think. It's very good advice." As for her father? That was something to consider. "I would like to meet him," she said. "Not long ago, I met a woman while I was walking in the forest. She was a healer and was looking for herbs. Her name was Faith, and she told me she was a member of the Order. Do you know of her?" Eliza asked curiously. "She wondered if maybe I had met him and just didn't know it. Some Immortals as I understand it like to observe in plain sight. Or perhaps he was watching me all along and for some reason hadn't revealed himself. I don't know why he would," she admitted. "But still, I'd like to meet him."

But of course the sunrise was always there to remind her, almost every trial of the arc save for a few. And as she looked off to the horizon again, it had turned pink and gold, and there, just the slightest sliver of the sun peeking over the hills.
word count: 679
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:44 pm

The Lyosian woman held her cup in her gloved hands against the cold as Eliza talked about her own beliefs about our loved ones never leaving us. Gennadiya thought about it, and like the idea. Nothing in her experience made her disagree with the brunette woman assessment. Gennadiya hadn’t really thought about someone with a long life being envious of people with shorter life spans.

“I think being grateful for the people in our life is a sign of someone who likes themselves.” Gennadiya said slow, and then paused as she picked up a sweet pastry. She held it for a moment as she continued. “People coming in and out, some bring happiness, and some bring pain. If they are in your life for any period of time the bring both, but as you said the experience crafts you into who you are.” She then took a bit from the pastry.

Gennadiya wasn’t surprise to find out that Eliza had run into Faith. The blonde’s mouth was currently chewing the pastry so she gave a closed mouth smile and nodded her head to indicate she knew the woman. Adiya chewed quietly while Faith’s assessment of Immortals travel habits was explained. Once her mouth was appropriately cleared she spoke.

“That sounds exactly like something Faith would say.” Gennadiya shot her friend a smile. “What Faith in her humility didn’t tell was that she is the head of the Order.” That being stated she continued. “I have to agree. The only reason’s I had any idea that Ymiden had stumbled upon me was because I received his mark at that time, and even then he told me. I am sure that he has been around in other disguise. I mean otherwise they wouldn’t ever catch mortals being genuine.” Gennadiya said looking at the sliver of the dawn. Adiya was aware that even with that sliver of light true dawn was still a while away. “In your case I can’t say why he would disguise himself, unless it was to protect you, and not from prejudice mortal.” She raised an eyebrow. “Sometimes it is hard to understand someone else and why they do something. I used to be quick to judge when I was younger, but I have learned that it’s best to try to understand where they might be coming from. This might be such a case.”

“I hope that you get the chance to meet Ymiden one of these trails. I would volunteer to help you find him, but I suspect that even in we charged into his temple in Desnind, it would only happen when you two are ready.” Gennadiya said, and then sipped at her tea as they watched the light grow slowly on the horizon. The colors were spectacular especially as they bounced off of the clouds above them.

“Each Arc as I watch the return of light to the world I evaluate myself, and think of how I can improve, and if I am who I want to be. As I mentioned it is part of my own personal rebirth for the coming trials.” She said quietly her sapphire gaze thoughtful as she watched. She looked then at Eliza, “I don’t wish to impose upon you. If you would rather not hear my goals for the new arc, or share yours that is fine. Otherwise I like to speak them aloud as I feel it’s me committing to the world about my goals.” Gennadiya’s expression was calm, a little curious but showed she was fine with which ever answer her friend told her.
word count: 608
Eliza Soule
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Events

Fri May 03, 2019 7:08 pm

"You brew a very good cup of tea," Eliza said with a smile, after taking just a sip. "I tend to think there's an art to it, and it's one I haven't quite mastered myself." Meanwhile, while she'd picked up a savory pastry from the lot that she'd brought, Eberhardt reemerged from the basket with a grape clutched in her tiny hand, and scampered up to Eliza's shoulder where she'd enjoy both the sweet fruit and the inevitable sunrise. It had been too many trials since Eliza had enjoyed the sight of a new dawn breaking.

"I suppose that you're right," she said, considering Adiya's words regarding the connection between others and liking oneself. "I've never really thought of it that way before." As for Faith? The woman had struck her as someone who might be humble, rather than otherwise and she nodded. "I was looking for a friend, an elderly neighbor who is a retired Lightening Knight and I worried that he'd lose himself int he forest," she explained. Though that was the simplest version of a very long story. "She was kind enough to help me find him, and then when we finally did, she was able to help him find what he was looking for when he'd wandered off. I guess you could say that she healed him too."

Gennadiya also made a good point about why Ymiden might have been watching her all this time, and had chosen not to reveal himself as such. All the better to catch a mortal, or a mortalborn in her case, at being their more authentic selves. Still, if she'd ever come face to face with her father before, she'd rather have known it. "The Immortals and their mysterious ways, I guess," she added with a grin, after chewing and swallowing a bite of her pastry. "I've considered going to Desnind, mindful that it's a place where I might find him. I lived there once as a child, though it was a very long time ago and I was still coming to terms with what I am."

Eliza never grew weary of watching the sun come up in the morning. As a painter, an artist, she could appreciate the spectacular light show that the sun and the clouds conspired to put on together. But more than that, because of who and what she was, it was a trial by trial reminder of the father who she hadn't been able to meet just yet. She might have been angry at him now and again. But she knew that there was a special connection between fathers and their daughters. No matter how resentful she'd been at times, to her own great shame, she'd never stopped hoping and wanting. And never stopped loving him even in his absence.

She turned back as Adiya explained what she did every arc when this particular time came, and she smiled. "That's a wonderful tradition. I might not know Ymiden as well as I'd like to, but I very much believe he'd approve as well." The other woman might just perform a similar ritual for her own reasons, even if not for Ymiden's mark. But nevertheless, it was a fitting one. "When the sun rises each morning, I try to remember always to think and speak aloud of what I'm grateful for, as a reminder to myself of all that I have and all I've been given. Please," she said, encouraging Adiya to do as she always did when this morning of the arc came around. And when it was done, she'd very likely do similar herself.
word count: 626
Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Wed May 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Gennadiya was pleasantly surprised by the compliment on the tea. “Thank you.” Gennadiya said, “I made tea so often for people that I don’t really think about it, but long ago I did start trying to make the tea pleasant since sometimes when I am using it to distribute medicine, the medical additions to the tea slaughter the taste. It does make tea for pleasure or warmth enjoyable.” Gennadiya said explaining where she had learned to make tea.

Gennadiya sat quietly watching the horizon and listening to her companion. It was nice to sit and talk about past experiences with someone else. Someone who despite her age difference was in a similar life place. Both were young (relatively) both were at that stage where they were making the life choose for that would determine the rest of their lives. Most pleasant was that they both had a past they had overcome, learned and grown from.

Gennadiya gave a soft laugh when Eliza explained about Faith helping to both Eliza and the knight to find themselves. She smiled broadly as she spoke. “I can so see Faith doing that. She is like a bright light who draws good people to her, and helps their light to grow brighter.” Gennadiya shook her head. “I have watched her this season bring renewal and focus back into the Order. I have also felt the effects of her hand as I have worked beside her.”

As the cold but pleasant morning continued so did the conversation. Adiya laughed when Eliza commented with a grin about Immortals and their mysterious ways. The sound was soft, but clear and bright, and seemed to echo around them. “I have come to that conclusion myself on a number of occasions.” She held the now cooling cup. “I was in Desnind a few arcs back for a season. If you do decided to go let me know. If I can break away I will come with you. I would like to see it again, and maybe take the chance to learn more. Between Ymiden and Moseke they place has a lot to offer.”

Gennadiya poured another cup for herself and nibbled on piece of fruit as she considered how to say what she hoped for this year. “I want to experience more of life this arc.” She finally said and then looked over at Eliza. “I was actually working with Faith the other trial, and she asked if I wanted to help with a project. She warned me that to do so would take me away from the front lines of healing.” Gennadiya shook her head with a self-mocking chuckle. “My first thought was. Hey I have nothing else to do, I can help in my free time.”

Gennadiya sighed. “It was after that I realized that I had become so committed to my job and the day to day routine that I had failed to progress. So that is my goal this trial. to find a balance with life, but to get out of the clinic and do something new, or even revive old hobbies.”
word count: 518
Eliza Soule
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Events

Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 pm

"One of my many great aunts," Eliza had remembered when Gennidiya talked about medicines and tea, "used to say that if you couldn't put it in a nice tea, then it wasn't good medicine." The mortalborn smiled, remembering that particularly colorful aunt way back then. "I came to wonder if she might have been right about that. She survived a full century and then some." Eliza on the other hand knew very little of healing with medicines and herbs, and it reminded her that she might want to learn a little. Her voice could heal, but all the better if she combined the talent with medical care.

"It's like a beautiful painting, done by nature's hand every morning," she breathed quietly, taking in the spectacular sunrise. Whether or not it was more spectacular than any other was made uncertain by the fact that it had been so many trials since she'd seen it. "Each one different than the last. If only I could paint that well." Even Eberhardt was captivated, and the small monkey had climbed up and perched on her shoulder for a better look. As for Faith, when Adiya spoke about the woman, Eliza smiled again and nodded.

"When I first arrived in Rharne, i had wandered into the Dust Quarter without realizing, and had been taken aback by all the squalor there. I'd thought about it, and had thought I might return and find an exterior wall where I might paint a mural. Something hopeful, uplifting. When I did return however, I saw all that's changed and asked about it. Faith's hand, and others," she said. She still hadn't painted that mural but if she did, the subject matter might be a different one that she'd originally thought.

As for Desnind, the other woman's offer was a very generous one and Eliza smiled. "I don't know when I might pass that way again, but it would be wonderful to do it with someone I know. I used to hear stories about how they were a little cautious of outsiders, but I don't know if it's true." Not that it would stop her from going, really. It was just always better to be welcomed, than not. Gennadiya spoke of her goals, and Eliza listened. It struck her that for so many of the arcs that she'd lived, as for herself, she hadn't set many solid goals. It was one of the drawbacks, maybe, of presumed longevity. "For a mortalborn, I think there may be a sense of...there's plenty of time. Why hurry?" she said, frowning a little. "But we mortalborns are no more indestructible than anyone else. I might take a page from your book, and resolve to stop procrastinating."

For herself? "And I should remind myself to always be grateful." Turning her eyes back to the horizon, she smiled again. "For all the arcs that I've been given, and for those perhaps yet to come. If not for those, I would never have known and loved so many dear ones. For my ability to look back on their lives and my own in a way that others cannot, because in looking back, I can remind myself of where I've been, and better face where I'm going with a clearer perspective. And I'm thankful for the voice that I inherited from my mother, who I'm told rivaled the nightingales with her singing, and the gift that I inherited from my father that allows me to use that gift for healing. May I use it well, in order to serve my mother's memory and to honor them both."

It was as close to praying as Eliza ever really came. But as seldom as she did it, it was no less sincere. Then turning back and plucking up a sweet pastry, she looked to Adiya. "So, old hobbies? You know mine. I paint, I draw. You?" she asked.

word count: 672

Return to “Rharne”