• Closed • Special assistance required

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Finnegan O'Connor
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: The Moglin
Renown: 146
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Special assistance required

Special assistance required - TBD Vhalar, 718

He’d never gone through a rupturing portal before, and he never wanted to again.

With the grace of a brick he landed face-first on hard, cold ground. He groaned as he tried to reorient himself, but up had turned down and left had become right, and for the better part of five trills he decided to remain on the floor. When he tried to get back up, he swayed like a drunk, stumbled, doubled over and only just managed to keep his insides inside as he staggered around for support. “What the hellll,” he slurred. “Whe- where are we?”

His mind seemed to run twice as slow as his body, struggling to comprehend the flashes of space and time it had just traveled through to reach what looked like the inside of a barn. After a few more moments of dangerous swaying he finally regained his footing and also managed to locate the collection of limbs and disheveled hair that most resembled Special Assistant Blackwood: Maxine’s, quote, friend, end quote. But of Mad Max herself, there was no trace at all.

Strange. He’d expected her to be putting Zipper’s dictionary of vulgarities to shame by now. Either Blackwood had screwed up, or Max the brave had once again tucked her tail between her legs and ran away from that monster called responsibility. In a way he could empathize.

A mooing cow send his heart flying into his throat and he very nearly collapsed into a miserable pile of limbs again at the sudden noise. Finally his brain caught on. Barn. Animals. Those two things at least made a modicum of sense.

Almost as suddenly the thought emerged to do something, and first on the list of things to do was to roll his eyes at the woman called Blackwood. He ruffled some stray bits of hay from his hair before he walked up to her.

“Gee, thanks lady. Do you think they’ll want to lock me up twice or thrice as long now that you’ve broken me out? Did you take a page from Max’s book on subtlety?” He crossed his arms over his chest and gave the woman a cold stare before he finally relented. “Thanks anyway for disposing of Max. She was getting on my nerves too…”

"Word of advice," he continued as he spun around and started searching for the nearest exit, "no one's ever friends with Max. You're either her enemy, or you're tolerated. There ain't much beyond that. But I trust you're aware?" Truth be told, the last time he'd seen Max before to-trial had been many, many arcs ago. Maybe, over the course of all those years she'd changed, become a little less defensive, a little less feline-like in the way she clawed at everything that she deemed a threat. Maybe-

Hell no. Fiona would sooner give him a hug.

Unless Sephira decided to follow, his voice would grow ever fainter as he zig-zagged between the various stalls in the barn in search of the fastest way out. "Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the free jailbreak," he called over his shoulder. "Just need to work on the stealth part...Ah, found it! Over here!" he called out as he waved to a single, unhinged door through which a crack of light beamed.
word count: 574
Sephira
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Element
Renown: 415
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Special assistance required

None of this had gone how she had expected. The jail break had ended with she, Maxine and the O’Connor boy backed into an office behind a barricaded door. Thankfully the wards that had blocked her ability to portal them out of the cell were nonexistent in that paper pusher’s office.

Perhaps it had been the stress of the situation, maybe that was why her portal had gone awry. Sephira Blackwood had never been the sort of woman that ran from the law. She WAS the law. The mage was an Element of Scalvoris for crying out loud. Maybe that was enough to explain why her portal had emerged a good twenty feet lower than she had expected. Instead of landing on a brightly lit rooftop they had somehow emerged within the building below which was obviously some sort of barn.

The scent of hay and mildew seeped in between the rafters as thin slanted beams of light gleamed throughout the dim interior. The rippling crimson portal sealed shut behind them as Sephira gave a weak flick of her hand from where she was crawling up to her feet. The draw of ether ceased and her Spark silently returned to it’s perch within her soul, seemingly satisfied with it’s work.

“This was not what I had planned.” The dark eyed woman muttered mostly to herself, taking a trill to dust off her coat before eyeing the nearby cow warily.

That was when the boy turned on her, his eyes glittering with annoyance. The mage looked at him with a quirked brow as if surprised with his sudden intensity. It had been a long time since anyone aside from Max had spoken to her that way. The Special Assistant was accustomed to dealing with fellow soldiers who took orders and did as they were told.

Not youngsters who couldn’t control the word vomit tumbling from their mouths.

She crossed her arms irritably. “It would be so easy to send you back to that cell” The mage warned before raising her fingers as if to snap them and rip open another portal.

“Shall I?”

Her snarky response was cut short at the mention of Max. Sephira’s eyes dimmed and she lowered her hand.

“You must know her well.” The woman muttered sardonically. It was true, you were either an "enemy" or "tolerated" when it came to Maxine. More than likely Sephira sat somewhere between “barely tolerated” and "enemy". She could never tell when it came to she and Max. One trial they were fighting side by side and the next they were standing with their weapons pointed at each other's throats. Such was the way of things between the two women. Sephira doubted that their situation would ever change, especially after the events following the riot...

The young man darted off, snooping between the rows of stalls for what the mage presumed was an exit. He was quite young to be tangled up with someone of Max’s ilk...and to be in prison. The boy had also seemed rather unsurprised at her use of magic earlier...

Her Attunement Spark almost leapt at her touch as Sephira fed a sliver of shining ether into its heart. The Frequencies of the barn and it’s local inhabitants dimmed in her mind as she focused on him. Perhaps it was wrong of her to snoop on a stranger and especially a child but the Attuner was curious. She had already broken two prisoners out of jail so this was only a small incursion compared to her earlier crime.

In the bit that Finn spent hunting for his exit the mage quietly keep pace with him. Notes began pinging within her mind, ringing out like tiny miniature bells and each one told a story.

Loneliness, rebellion and magic rippled within Sephira’s Attunement Spark. Loneliness and magic she recognized immediately, the Notes were familiar to her and brought back memories tinged with regret. The Note of Rebellion had not been a surprise to her given the boy’s actions so far. It flickered and lashed out like the wavering of a newborn flame. However, what most absorbed her attention was the confirmation of her suspicions.

The boy carried a Spark and it left a mark that could never be erased within his Frequency.

Just before he went for the door the Special Assistant spoke.

“You weren’t surprised to see me remove the chains, or open the portal. You’ve seen magic before. ”

This was a statement not a question.
Her voice was unyielding but neither was it cold. She knew what he was, at least enough to know that he carried a strong Spark within him.

“I was about your age when I was initiated.” Sephira added lightly, her onyx eyes flickering over his silhouette framed against the door, waiting to see how exactly he reacted.

“How old were you?”
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 825
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”