• Closed • Apartment For Sale

Yrnellyn wants to sell a place in bad shape.. Finn is looking for an affordable home.

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Munchkin, Oracle, Sceptre

Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mage Painter
Renown: +41
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Apartment For Sale

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Apartment For Sale
Trial 66 of Vhalar 718

The painter Yrmellyn Cole lived in an apartment on the upper floor of a house in the Earth Quarter of Rharne. The house was located at a side street to the main street of the district, but it was made of cobblestones, not dirt. Conveniently enough there was a small tavern with an outdoors garden adjacent to the ground floor of the house. It was a rustic tavern, but the food was of good quality. Yrmellyn often had breakfast there. Right now she sat at a table in that tavern and waited for the hot tea, fresh bread, jam and cheese she had ordered to arrive.

She had bought the place one arc ago and everything would have been just fine if not for the fact that she had also bought the twin apartment next door, a place in bad shape if she had ever seen one. At the time she had planned to renovate it and try to sell it to someone else. This hadn’t happened, because the painter was a woman who followed her whims and she had immersed in art instead of getting the repairs done. Nearly one whole arc of serious procrastination had passed and she had hardly opened the door to the mess she wanted to avoid. She wasn’t able to say why, but every time she looked at it she felt like the best would be to shut the door, lock it, forget it and never return.

At the time she had bought the twin apartments it hadn’t seemed like such a bad deal. The whole upper floor had been sold as a package which included both the two flats and a corridor which overarched the street and connected to the top floor of the house on the other side. Lately she had decided to skip the renovation and just sell. Although the apartment was a bit messy it must be worth something, mustn’t it? Deep inside her mind the painter knew that this was wishful thinking. She was still going to try to get rid of it. She was prepared to go to lengths in order to achieve this.

The tavern maid arrived with Yrmellyn’s breakfast. She smiled more genuinely than work demanded of her, because the painter was a regular and one who was always generous with tips to hardworking girls in taverns and inns. “Is there anything more I can do for you?” she inquired.

Yrmellyn poured up tea in the mug and spread jam on a slice of fresh bread. ”I’m going to sell my spare apartment” she said. “But I would need help to find a buyer ... you know what I mean.”

The maid nodded. Her face had taken on an exited expression. “The cursed apartment? Are you looking to sell the haunted flat?”

Yrmellyn stared at the girl, surprised. “What do you mean? Cursed? Haunted? What are you speaking about? It’s neither cursed nor haunted. It’s just an apartment. ”

“Not according to the stories the former owner has been telling after she managed to sell it and move away! I have heard that she was convinced that it was cursed, somehow, although she couldn’t define anything or point out any specific proof. She said it here, in this tavern, and quite a lot of people from the neighborhood heard it, so I’m not making it up.”

Yrmellyn nearly choked on the tea. “What?”

“That’s what she said.”

“It’s just stories. I haven’t noticed any curse and the place isn’t haunted. It’s just an apartment.” Even as Yrmellyn said this she found herself thinking of her own desire to lock the door to the place and never return. She had thought of it as lack of inspiration for all the work it represented. She still did. At least she told herself so. Absolutely nothing had happened in a whole arc and it would just be silly to start and worry about the stories of the former owner. The woman had seemed to have a very flexible view on truth, as Yrmellyn remembered it. She thought a bit and then she asked: “How come the stories have been spreading? "

The maid blushed and didn’t answer.

Yrmellyn drank tea and watched the girl’s far too red face over the rim of the mug. “If somebody asks around for apartments for sale which hasn’t been announced yet you can tell them to contact me.”

“I’m sorry to say it, miss Cole, but that apartment has a scary reputation and I doubt people will want to buy it. And I wouldn’t want to be guilty if ... I mean if somebody would die or so.”

“You recommended it to me. One arc ago. I’m not dead, right?”

“It was different. I didn’t know about the curse at the time. It seemed like just an ordinary apartment for sale.”

The maids fear seemed real. She really believed in the scary stories. It didn’t make the painter feel sorry for her. Not one bit. Due to the telltale blush, Yrmellyn didn’t doubt that the main spreader of the rubbish was this maid herself. Tavern maids were notorious for telling stories and spreading tasty gossip. It was more or less expected of them at work, as the guests liked entertaining conversation.

“It still is” she said. “Listen. If you keep those stories to yourself and just send people to me so I can sell the place to them, then you’ll get five percent of what they pay for it. It could mean a lot of money for such a small favor ... but I swear that if I’m not able to sell it due to those crazy stories that has been spreading from this tavern, I’ll register the apartment as yours and give it to you as a gift. Then you will become the new owner of the haunted apartment, with the curse and all”.

The maid stared at Yrmellyn, speechless.

Yrmellyn finished her breakfast and left.
word count: 1024
Finn
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Priest and doctor assistant
Renown: +115
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medal count: 3

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Re: Apartment For Sale

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:20 am

With the Declaration in his pocket, Finn could breath easy. Apart from his ‘skills’ being mentioned at the gate and then again when getting the document, no one else pried nor looked at him near as bad as they would in Ne’haer. Or maybe his idea about that was just slightly twisted already.
Shaking his head and rolling his shoulders, Finn huffed. Those were not the thoughts he wanted in his head. So instead, he looked ahead and for the shortest of trills, he stopped. An odd sense of deja-vu overcame him like morning sunrise spilled over hills. This was…
The street ahead curved gently. It was lined with looming houses and the further her looked the higher his gaze went. All the way to the peak, where against the clouded sky stood the Lightning Cathedral. Yet, the clear sight of it shattered the strange feeling of having been here before. In this exact same spot. After all, even if he wanted to linger on it, he could blame it on his youth. He begged along those streets, loitered, drank,... Of course, he would feel this odd sense of familiarity.
Hence, a sentimental smile crossed his lips. Well, if he remembered right, there was a place he could stay the night. And that’s where his feet took him. The Harpy Inn. As he approached, the profile of the creature hanging in the air as the emblem of the establishment was reassuring that perhaps the city hasn’t changed much in the past years.
Entering it was like taking a step back in time. Multiple conversations immediately surrounded him. The smell of food and alcohol filled the air. It felt good to be back and it reflected on him from the way he stepped energetically, to his face brightening up despite the mild fatigue from the ordeal of past trials. One would have thought, this was a walk of a soldier coming home, ready to shout into the insides of the house - honey I’m home.
Alas, he parked himself at the bar. With the sun slowly descending outside behind the clouds, it wasn’t too early for the Rharnians to drink so it took a while for a maid to make her way to him.
“What can I get you?” She asked with a bright smile, bust comfortably nestled in that low cleavage.
“A room. Got any?”
Before the curvaceous barmaid could say a single word, her colleague pushed in the way. Avidity in her eyes as if she just heard Finn speak of marriage proposal.
“Oh yes, yes. I do!” Pushing her colleague out of the way, she leaned across the bar towards Finn with smile so bright, the priest thought she was almost too excited. “There is a flat available next door. It’s away from the noise of this place and you look awfully tired.” The girl said, nodding her head as if to incite agreement from his side. What an odd thing to do, Finn thought. Instead of pushing a room of their own, this woman was advocating a place elsewhere?
“And I suppose it’s yours?” Finn guessed with an amused smirked, leaning a bit closer with forearm resting on the bar top. She was probably half his age, too young for him. But Finn still found it cheerful to jest around.
“Oh no, no. Not mine. One of our patrons. You should go and have a look. Really. She’s a lovely lady and you’ll have more privacy there than you would here.”
Unless this was some strange matchmaking game, or a secret blind date he was being persuaded to take a part in, Finn had to admit that the idea of quiet and privacy sounded more than blissful to him. After sixty-eight trials on a ship, with neither of the above was a luxury he could indulge in, this girl really did not have a hard time selling him the dream.
“Alright then. And where do I find this patron of yours?”

Following the directions given, the priest soon found himself in front of two doors. It’s the door on the left, he recalled the girl to say and so that’s where he knocked.
word count: 715
Favourite quote:
They do not yet understand the purpose of forgiveness. It is not to spare wrongdoers a punishment they deserve. It is to spare the injured ones the ongoing pain they do not.

~ Ymiden
Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 pm

The light was always best near the big windows towards the garden below and that was where she preferred to work. Her home was also her atelier and right now it smelled faintly of turpentine and oil color, but it didn’t disturb her. She was accustomed to it and to her it signified something positive, the art she loved and dedicated herself to.

A new painting, still mostly an empty white canvas, was in progress and the painter stood in front of it, dressed in pants and a shirt with the arms rolled up to the elbows. Her hair was tied together in a practical pony tail. As usual she wore no makeup and no jewelry or other adornments. She wasn’t really interested in being disturbed, but when she heard somebody knock on the door, Yrmellyn put the brush and the palette on a table beside the easel. She grabbed a piece of cloth and wiped her hands on it while she crossed the floor. It was probably somebody who wanted her to paint something for them. It was the most common reason for people to visit her.

She opened the door.

A stranger stood outside, a tall and bearded man. His attire was of the simplistic and functional kind, no nonsense there, and his gaze was direct and calm. Her first impression was that he resembled a guard, or an official of some kind, perhaps a scholar even ... but maybe not, maybe a laborer, as his build looked fairly strong, and those who spent their time behind a scholar’s desk tended to look more skinny ... she had some experience of looking for the small telltale details in order to guess people’s professions and roles in society, but she didn’t feel so sure of this one. Not that it mattered. He would soon tell her his errand she was sure.

“Yrmellyn Cole” she introduced herself. “I suppose you’re looking to order a painting?”

She took a step back and made a gesture to him to come in, as she didn’t use to keep customers standing in the hallway gone storage room full of garbage she was the unfortunate owner of. She used used to pretend that it had nothing to do with her. It felt totally natural to ask him to step in ... and then she suddenly felt surprised that she was so immediately inviting him to enter, without knowing anything about him or what he wanted.

Somehow she had just trusted him. When she became aware of it she felt a bit awkward though. It was beyond silly to let people in like they were guaranteed to deserve to be trusted. Yet, for some reason the man inspired trust, perhaps due to his calm demeanor, or maybe due to his eyes ... which were sort of ... nice. They appealed to her, those eyes. To be honest the whole man was handsome, but the trait she noticed the most was his eyes.

“It’s a bit messy here” she said, not excusing herself, just stating a fact. “I was working.”

word count: 516
Finn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Finn did not need to wait for long. From within the depths of the apartment, he could hear some movement. It was hard to pinpoint exactly what it was that was moving. Alas, it was enough to tell the priest that the apartment was not empty.
Yrmellyn Cole, the barmaid told him. A name that vaguely felt familiar but it may have just been its commonality. Or perhaps the sound of it felt pleasant to Finn that already by the name, he warmed up to it and indirectly to the person as well. Beyond the name, however, Finn did not know what to expect besides the fact that this lady was nice and that she was an artist.
So when the door opened and there stood a woman who was taller than your average Liz next door, with functional clothing unlike what he's seen other women wear, Yrmellyn Cole had more of a mature sparkle than a youthful glamour. Finn saw that name fit very well. Like a piece of a puzzle it slotted in place of a bigger picture he did not yet understand, nor could he see it clearly with the shapes and edges all blurred.
“Oh no no. Not a painting, miss.” Finn replied respectfully, accepting the invitation by entering into the household. The smell of the paints in the air, the bright light coming in from the large windows, it would all be a reason to feel light headed as well as fascinated by being in a painter's atelier. Alas, Finn felt that sense of excitement and appreciation for creativity that gifted individuals possessed. The mild chaos that followed any genius like a faithful friend.
“And don’t worry about your place. After all, it’s yours. You keep it as it is for your work,” the priest quickly added, turning around to face the woman and walking no further. After all, the last thing he wanted to do was cause any disrespect to his potential new landlady.
“By the way, I’m Finn Ashbroken. I realized I’ve not yet introduced myself.” Quick correction of manners with a slight bow of the head and a smile upon his lips. It must have been the promise of a proper bed that put Finn in a good mood after such a long journey because this sense of pre-existing acquaintanceship was all too strange to be the real reason.
“Like I said, miss Cole, I am not here for a painting. I heard from a maid downstairs that you may have a room to rent.”
word count: 437
Favourite quote:
They do not yet understand the purpose of forgiveness. It is not to spare wrongdoers a punishment they deserve. It is to spare the injured ones the ongoing pain they do not.

~ Ymiden
Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 pm

The man stepped in and she closed the door. There. They were now standing right inside the door of her home. She liked the man’s attitude. He seemed like a person who accepted other people’s rights to do as they liked in their own homes. This was particularly good to know as she would soon show him a way worse example of bohemian housekeeping.

”A maid downstairs?” Yrmellyn felt confused for a moment... but then she understood. “Well, I guess you must mean the tavern down at the street. ” She smiled. “Oh, yes, I have a place for sale or rent, if you aren’t too picky. It’s the apartment next door. I was going to renovate it, but time flies and I’ve been too busy with other things. Now I have decided to sell it or perhaps rent it out ...”

Finn Ashbroken. No bell rang. Still it felt like a bell should have rung. Odd.

The thought of all the lies the former owner of that apartment had given her came to her mind. Sales-talk. Attempts to paint a heap of garbage out as fantastic. It had just been about taking advantage of the general lack of apartments or sale. It had been the seller’s market. Yrmellyn had the option to repeat the blatant lies now, but she looked at Finn and there was something with him that made feel that it would be best to be honest. She had been so focused on getting rid of the place that it hadn’t occurred to her how unpleasant it would become if she began by cheating a new neighbor. This man ... she didn’t want him to pay too much, then hold a grudge to her and despise her. She would say as it was and if this meant he would leave without even having a look at the apartment, so be it.

“The place isn’t in particularly good shape. I bought it one arc ago, and only because the former owner refused to sell this apartment if I didn’t buy the one next door too. It’s a mess. Trashed, I’m afraid, perhaps not a suitable home for you, but we can have a look at it if you like.”

She had indeed bought the two apartments on the top floor of the house one arc ago. The neighbor apartment had been in extremely bad condition at the time, and it still was. Yrmellyn hadn’t done a thing in there, except for moving a few bottles of unknown content to her own place, where she had put them in a locked box. She had saved them there, for future investigation, one of those days when she would get time ...

Those bottles. One more of those things I thought of but didn’t do. But I will, one of those days...

It had seemed best to remove the bottles, now when she was going to try to get rid of the apartment. She suspected that even if people wouldn’t find broken furniture, damaged walls, soot and debris appealing, many would feel able to deal with practical things like cleaning and repairs, especially if they happened to be craftsmen or laborers and not scared of physical work. Bottles were something else, especially as she wasn’t even able to say what they contained. It could make people fear dangerous fluids, acids, poisons and such. It had been a must to take them away. Yrmellyn had actually felt a bit nervous when she had moved them, but she had handled them with care and to her relief no accident had happened.

“Now you know. It’s a renovation project. Are you still interested?”

I can always show it to him and if he doesn’t run screaming out of the house I can perhaps invite him to have tea with me and discuss the price ... or rent ... or pay by working, as I’d even be prepared to let him live there for a while if he is open for helping out with the cleaning and repairs when he can...

If Finn would want to have a look at the apartment Yrmellyn would take a key from a hook on the wall and guide him over to the place next door. She felt a bit reluctant to do so. It would be awkward to let him see how bad it was...

Last edited by Yrmellyn Cole on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 741
Finn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Maintaining the subtle smile on his lips, he noticed a few moments of hesitation, questioning and perhaps a bit of a doubt. The daylight coming in from the large window on their side made it impossible to hide those emotions. Or maybe Finn was just very perceptive. Either way, it certainly was not emotions that one would find encouraging from a seller or a landlord when it came to their property. It made him wonder. And it made him doubt lightly in return. But he listened further, refusing to make a decision before he had all the information he could. Yet, his own expression grew a bit more sombre the more Yrmellyn spoke.
A renovation project… Finn wasn’t entirely sure how he felt about that. All he wanted was a roof over his head where the weather wouldn’t bother him and a bed to sleep in. But this place was trashed by what this woman said. Why would she even try to sell it would the place being properly done up? Unless it was a nuisance and she was looking for someone to take it off her hands.
Finn was torn, not entirely convinced about the situation. But he was here already. And perhaps it wasn’t as bad as it sounded, the small hopeful voice said inside his mind. So after a moment of silence that descended upon them, Finn gave Yrmellyn a tentative nod.
“Well… I’ll have a look and make my decision then.” He told her the truth. There was no point committing to anything yet, no matter how likeable or honest his potential new landlady was. Bracing himself for the reality, Finn wondered how much persuading this woman would have to do to make him stay.
word count: 300
Favourite quote:

~ Ymiden
Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:49 pm

Yrmellyn couldn’t know how the man reacted or what he was thinking, but it wasn’t important to her to persuade him to buy the apartment by saying it was better than it was.

Her attitude to money had been shaped during her childhood and youth in the Dust Quarter, where money was often not an issue, because people didn’t have them and relied on bartering instead. Having money in Dust Quarters was also often dangerous, as it inspired other people to try to rob you or even kill you just for a few nets more. That was the place where she had established the habit of negotiating and bartering when it was possible and see money as something to spend while she could.

Unfortunately this was also the reason for why all the money she had earned during her short time as top tier courtesan had ran like water between her fingers. Easy come, easy go, live while you can because soon your life will end... that had been the hallmark of her life with her mentor in painting and magic too. Arbin had known that his days were numbered and wanted to make the best of the time he had left. Yrmellyn with her background as courtesan had never questioned it. As a consequence there had only been a very modest inheritance for Yrmellyn and she had soon squandered it.

We live and learn. Nowadays she tried to be more sensible.

“I’ve been traveling for arcs ...” she said as they went over to the sadly neglected apartment next door.

“But one day I felt that I didn’t want to just keep on keeping on and travel where the wind took me. I wanted to settle down. I wanted to find my apprentice-boy Rudi again, if he still would want to come. I hoped to lead a good life and contribute to the society... so I bought not just one but two apartments. Thought I’d live in one with my apprentice and use the other as atelier. Then ... I guess I lost inspiration as the boy seems gone and the rumors about what’s going on in Rynmere is so disheartening and horrible. I don’t know what has happened to any of the people I knew there. I left him behind in Rynmere you see. For once I was going to be so sensible and wise and establish myself before I took care of him...now it seems like it will never be.”

Why the immortals are you telling a stranger this story, Yrmellyn Cole, are you addled. He is looking for a place to live, not for the stories about the life and misfortunes of others.

“Anyways!” she said in a cheery tone while she unlocked the door and opened it so they could step in.

It actually felt like the apartment was better now when she wasn’t alone there. Finn’s presence seemed to brighten it up. Perhaps her feeling of total disaster and doom had only been a feeling? Debris and damaged furniture would need to be removed. The floor and the walls would need to be washed, but the windows were intact and in one corner was a cabinet which looked to be in good shape.

“Nobody has lived here since the last tenant disappeared, after an explosion, in Vhalar 717. It’s not a bad apartment, but it needs to be cleaned and spruced up. Are you by any chance a good crafter?”

word count: 587
Finn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm

He listened to her story patiently. After all, silence often did the heavy lifting and carried heartaches, worries and other thoughts out to the open effortlessly. It was one thing to be quiet and hear the sound of someone's voice. These days it was something everyone did. But it was a learned skill to truly listen to someone else. To understand the words they were saying and to glimpse the meaning and driving forces behind those. So he looked at her once or twice sidelong, contemplating where this sudden downpour of confessions was coming from.
Perhaps a dream long abandoned surfacing, asking to be revived? Or maybe it was just a harmless memory. Or nervous talking. The last stung a little with apprehension of just how bad the apartment would be if Yrmellyn was trying to distract him with her story. Hence, Finn only offered a polite smile when she changed the topic and allowed them inside the...
He didn't know what to think at first. It looked like one of those abandoned places in the slums where numbers of people would live together and leave whenever they wanted, forsaking their belongings in search of ultimate salvation, or through pure forgetfulness. It did not look like a liveable place. It was dirty, in dire need of care and Finn knew what his reply would be even before the words made it to his tongue.
"I've done a fair share of fixing work in the past. Whether that classes me as a good crafter, I can't tell," Finn responded, half in thought, half in reserve. He walked further inside to take a better look, finalize his decision. His eyes were scanning, measuring, evaluating. It was clear on his face that he was weighing his options. His brows pulled together to form an illusive but pensive line above his nose, lips grew a bit tighter, the greys a bit sharper.
"I will be honest with you Yrmellyn. This apartment is not going to sell," he delivered the verdict, but from the way he settled his hues on her, he was far from done talking. It was not a harsh look. It was a testing one.
"I won't buy. But(!) I can offer something else." He wasn't desperate for a place to live and could have easily gone back to the inn to get himself a room. But that would be at a pay. Here... Here was an opportunity and whilst he didn't want to take advantage of this woman's situation, the priest knew he was about to outlay a fair trade for her. So he pushed on.
"I will pay you instead with my labour in fixing this place for tenancy, granted we may share some of the expenses and at the end of the renovation, the flat will be fully yours so you can sell it, hopefully at a profit, to a buyer," Sure it put him on a time limit, but who knew if he was going to stay for the rest of his life. It may as well be that when this project would be done, he would feel the nagging of needing to move again.
"What do you say?"
word count: 546
Favourite quote:

~ Ymiden
Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Well, it had been worth a test, and Yrmellyn had needed to do it in order to stop fooling herself. For fooling herself had been what she had done, as people sometimes do when they hope something will be better than it really is.

When she heard what Finn said she knew it was true that it would be impossible to sell the apartment. Not only was the place in too bad shape, it was also already Vhalar. Most people who planned to stay in Rharne during Zida and Cylus had probably already found a home. There wouldn't be nearly as many new arrivals in Rharne in Zida as in the warmer seasons. The demand would dive. It was surprisingly good luck that she even could get an offer to barter housing for help with the repairs and renovation.

At least she had been honest to him. She hadn't attempted paint the place out as better than it was. She looked at him thoughtfully. Perhaps her honesty was one reson for why he was prepared to offer a business deal, sort of.

There could be more reasons of course, she realized that, and perhaps some reasons were shady? Maybe he put value on living where he wouldn't be found so easily? No innkeeper and tavern staff to bribe in order to get information about him. No official papers. Just a shabby apartment on a side street in Earth Quarters, which nobody would know he lived in if he didn't tell them? Then again, perhaps he just wanted to save his money. There could be so many reasons. Yrmellyn found it best to not speculate about it. She had too little information to work with in order to make guesses and draw conclusions.

He had said that he had done fixing jobs before, but he hadn't said that he was a crafter. Probably it meant that he wasn't. Crafters with an education in their profession used to be proud of their skills and like to tell people their specialties. She would clearly not get a skilled craftsman working for her just to get a roof over his head. Then again, he had been honest about it.

The offer was fairly clear and she even found it good enough, but Yrmellyn still decided to negotiate a bit and and see what it would lead to. She found it sound to decide a time limit but she imagined that they would need Zida for the work and it would hardly be attractive with a time limit in Cylus. She didn't know If he planned to stay that long time in Rharne, but if he was he wouldn't want to find himself without housing in the worst season of the arc.

"Well ... " she said slowly. "I'm open for discussion. I guess you meant part time fixing, when you have time for it? I for one am not going to work full time with it. I think it can be best to set a time limit for the deal and then work with the renovation when we can. it's Vhalar now, so I'd say that you get to live her in exchange for labor during the remainder of Vhalar and during Zida and Cylus. If you plan to stay that long, that is. In Ashan next arc ... we'll see. We can discuss new conditions in spring, if you plan to stay longer."

He might do a whole lot, or he might do very little, but she had nothing to lose if he would turn out to promise more than he would be able follow trough with. it didn't matter, because to her something was better than nothing. She could also hope that the apartment would feel less creepy if Finn lived in it. She hadn't forgotten the gossip about it being cursed and haunted.

word count: 653
Finn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 am

Part-time split sounded fair. He even liked the fact that she put a proper deadline on it. It meant they would both be aiming to fulfil their parts of the deal by a certain trial rather than fooling around with no end in sight. Certainly it was not Finn’s intention to do so, but who knew what painters were like? Giving a pensive nod, the priest lightly scratched his chin.
He would hope to have the apartment fixed before Cylus when the truly cold season would hit. At that point, any sort of supply purchasing, or even fixing could be painful if the walls were not insulated, if there were draughty holes. Question then was...if he finished earlier would she kick him out? He would need further reassurance, because yes he could always rent a room in the inn downstairs. Alas, that'd be more expensive than the potential rent up here. Somehow, Yrmellyn seemed like reasonable woman and Finn's gut feeling told him that there may be room for further discussion.
“Aye, I’m not going to be able to do full-time either,” he agreed with a nod. After all, he had his own job to do.
“But in case, this place gets fixed before end of Cylus, would you be inclined to allowing me to rent until the warmer seasons? Of course, details of that arrangement can be discussed at that point. I just need some guarantee that I won't suddenly find myself back in the Dust Quarter.” Not that he would. He had the coin. But it was enough to illustrate the discomfort such a situation could create.
word count: 284
Favourite quote:

~ Ymiden

Return to “Rharne”